Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:43   #166
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
As a potential Ertiga customer who was expecting competitive pricing from Mobilio so that Ertiga might have provided more discount, I am disappointed
I was absolutely in the same boat! But I already bought the Ertiga on 29th June, and honestly, I am relieved looking at the prices. They were exactly what I expected (around a lakh rupee difference) and Maruti might just reduce the discounts, you never know
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:43   #167
BHPian

Pricing is a real shocker. Honda doesn't want to sell a lot of Mobilios it seems.
They should have priced it at par with Ertiga at least as introductory pricing.
Maybe the next year they could have given it the interiors similar to Jazz/ City and then give it the current prices.

I think they still would be able to sell enough Mobilios, not topping the charts but just enough. May better pricing sense prevail at Honda.

I am just waiting for the RS version to be on the roads, any ideas if the headlights will fit the Brio?
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:44   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post

Lastly my thoughts on why the rear design of Mobilio makes it a (slightly) safer proposition in comparision to Ertiga is attached as a crude photo-analysis

PS: I know absolutely no-one from Honda and have owned a SX4 for the last 4.5 years.
The perceived additional safety in the rear in case of Mobilio may not be directly related to the rear overhang or the anlge of the rear glass , becasue
  • More then the rear overhang, what matter is how far the seats are located (from the rear bumper)
  • Irrespective of the angle of the glass, again it depends on how far away the head rests are (from the rear end)
In the end Moblio may be safer but not necessarily because of the analysis you have shown.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:47   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

A fantastic review as usual. A well deserved 5 starts

Pricing from Honda is disappointing compared to the product on offer. The only reason I can think of the rational behind this pricing is, cash in on the initial hype over the vehicle and get a faster return initially. Once the numbers drop, either a price correction or discounts would follow.

The Ertiga in any case feels a better option compared the Mobilio. Courtesy - Glaring cost cutting by Honda. Will we see the Toyota's Etios story repeat in the case of Honda's Mobilio. Only time will tell.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:47   #170
Senior - BHPian

I fully expected Honda to either undercut the Ertiga or at least price it on par after this review out. Like how they launched the Amaze.

But this pricing doesn't make any sense at all. The top end petrol Mobilio being costlier than the Ertiga ZDi! MSIL even pays a royalty on each DDiS. Factor in the price difference between the Brio and Swift and quality of interiors and this pricing comes out as absolute bonkers!

A good pricing for Mobilio would have kept MSIL on their toes. An updated Ertiga with a 1.6L block from the S-cross and black interiors is in my wishlist. But now, it doesn't look like happening. Sad!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:54   #171
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Honda has not yet learnt its lesson on right pricing. The prices are disappointing to say the least. One who buys the Mobilio for that additional sum of money will have to keep convincing himself time and again that it is a Mobilio and not an Amaze or Brio that he is getting into, thanks to the similarity of the dashboard and basic interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
And of course, SADLY, Honda loyalists will not mind a mindless premium for the H badge !!!!
Very true. Cant agree more with you.
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:55   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
As a potential Ertiga customer who was expecting competitive pricing from Mobilio so that Ertiga might have provided more discount, I am disappointed
Suzuki has still retained you even without the discounts. You can now instead boast of how VFM Ertiga is when compared to Mobilio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I am in no way going to buy the Mobilio be it RS or V-RS

GTO mentions in the review that honda would price the Jazz "sensibly". Is this honda's demonstration of sensibility for mobilio?
I cannot but think with Mobilio going this direction, V - RS may soon lead to VRS. Voluntary Retirement from Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarB View Post
@RoadTiger, I dont think the real world difference in FE is going to be 3 4 KMPL between the diesel Mobilio and Ertiga. I believe, at most, it might be around 1-2 KMPL, or even less if the same driver is driving the two cars, sensibly. Do the DZire and Amaze real world mileage figures have such a huge difference? maybe the owners can confirm.

A little OT: Somehow I am finding it difficult to trust the ARAI figures now a days and think we should take them with a pinch of salt.
The Heart is still the IDTEC which has returned great numbers in Amaze and City. So it can be a differentiator. If you look at the FE figures from the Honda City ownership threads, its been phenomenal and something owners rave about. Well, ARAI tests are under ideal conditions. So you are right in taking with a pinch of salt. I feel IDTEC has come closer to ARAI figures
Vahanam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:57   #173
Team-BHP Support

As another member pointed out, I guess it would be better to wait for the Mobilio v2. The cost cutting measures are going to deter a lot of potential MPV buyers. The most glaring of all are those wafer thin seat cushions evident from the snaps.

Between the Ertiga and the Mobilio, I think the Ertiga looks much better from the front:

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-hondamobilio28.jpg

I can’t help but draw resemblances of the Ertiga's front bumper to the Polo’s WRC bumper:

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-volkswagenpolorwrcproductioncarpicsaplentyphotogallery_24.jpg

Oh and hey, the Mobilio gets all the 3 variants of the headrest - the normal, the inverted type and the one attached to the seatback.

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-hondamobilio24.jpg

GTO and MPower, fantastic review guys! Impeccable attention to detail as always. As superstar Rajnikanth says, ‘Naan late-aah vanthalum, latest-aah varuven.’ (Even if I come late, I'll be the latest.)
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:58   #174
Senior - BHPian

Pricing gets justified if the product looks like it's worth the price it's asking for. That plays a very big role in prospective buyer's giving a thumbs up or down to price of a product. Yes, it maybe perception but perception plays a very important role in buyer's minds everywhere for every product.

Problem with the Mobilo is it just doesn't look like it's worth the price. This feeling, from the review & pictures posted here, gets enhanced when you get to the 'touch & feel' part in the car.
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:06   #175
D4D
BHPian

I can safely say that honda killed the product.

Brio was priced less than Swift- Expectation was less and the Brio did well, though never set the sales chart on fire.

Amaze is almost on par with the Dzrie-Sold well because of a couple of USPs.

The USPs of Amaze:
  • Big 400 liter boot
  • Spacious compared to Dzire
  • i-DTEC was more powerful and efficient than the MJD.
  • So the Amaze did well, despite the interiors.

Mobilio: Sorry Honda, you can't expect a premium over the Ertiga.
    Resons:
  • Interior is bad for the segment. Ertiga wins hands down.
  • Space is not way better than the Ertiga
  • Cost cutting is evident everywhere

In short:
    Mobilio is not offering anything ground breaking that will make a consumer pay the steep premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Shocker: A Honda City doesn't cost that much more
A very welcome eye-opener. City is so much better than the mobilio.

So either buy the city or Ertiga. If you buy the City, Hire a car when 7 need to travel or use a self drive option!

Last edited by D4D : 23rd July 2014 at 14:11.
D4D is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:12   #176
Senior - BHPian

DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion.

Cost evident might be evident on the Mobilio, but how many customers are really going to look into this as keenly as we petrolheads do?

Most of the prospective customers are those who are in the market just to move their folk around. They aren't going to inspect wheel cladding, panel gaps, etc., I doubt they would even notice.

But what they are going to notice is that the Mobilio is more airy, more spacious and drives better than the Ertiga. And to most common folk, comfort and boot capacity scores above most other factors. And these are factors where the Mobilio scores well over the Ertiga.

I don't see the Mobilio overtaking the Ertiga in terms of sales or giving it a run for its money, but what I do see is a reasonable successful product that will not fall on its face due to pricing like the Jazz.
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:24   #177
BHPian

Bad pricing from Honda. To dislodge a very well performing Ertiga from Maruti stable, Honda had to offer more for less. By placing a INR 50K to almost INR 1L + premium, Honda has only brought this segment back into the news with out doing itself any favors.

With the Brio like front design and bland interiors, the Mobilio doesn't even look like a costly car. Atleast when Jazz was launched at an attrocious price it was the best hatch money could buy.
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:26   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
+100.

This is a shocker price from Honda and Maruti must be laughing, in fact laughing hard. On road price difference will be even more. In the price of mid variant of Mobilio (Few K less only) one can buy top end Ertiga which has almost all the features, that too with much better interiors. Ertiga looks great VFM now. On road price difference is like approx 1.5 Lacs IMO model to model. That's a disaster from Honda, again i would say.

Just an example: Ertiga Zxi is OTR 8.45 Pune + you can get some discounts as well. Mobiliio is 8.76 ex showroom Delhi, means it will cost 10+ OTR Pune which is ridiculous. Grow up Honda, City is successful doesn't mean people will buy anything at any price you give.
True. As for as the City is concern, it was different ball game altogether. City has high standards of quality, and its seen a premium car and considered a status symbol. But here, for cost cutting you already tampered with quality and fitments, and you are pricing it higher than your arc rival who is giving a neater one already. Just for Honda brand few may buy, but Ertiga will continue rule the segment.
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:28   #179
BHPian

If the Top end of Mobilio is 12 lacs on road in delhi, as per numbers put up by someone in this thread, it should be 14 lacs in a city like Bangalore.

Now thats like ~8 lacs more than the brio, for just one more row of seats!!
veyron_head is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:30   #180
BHPian

Superb review GTO and MPower! Thanks a lot.

I am surprised that the recommendation is to increase 11 psi in rear tyres for having 7 people in the car. Wouldn't the ride quality and braking distance vary considerably with 11 psi increase / tyre?

The under bonnet air scoop just seems to feed cold air to the rear side of engine bay, it would have been nice to see a fixed manifold to feed cold air to the engine. With the current setup it could result in mixing of hot air to the inlet manifold.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks