Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2015, 23:03   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

There are posts bashing Tatas and there are also posts which try to play the patriotism factor, to each his own.

I just disagree with the last line in your post.
Its actually the other way round as due to quality offered by the competition and which is getting better day by day, (case in point Polo & now Elite i20) its Tata who has to improve their quality, but if someone still claims that due to Tata others have to improve, I find it hard to digest.

One more fact we conveniently forget is that almost all our Desi cars are designed abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
I am not surprised by the bashing.
However, the bright side is that Tata still will make the others improve and that's all because of an Indian company!!!!

Last edited by carwatcher : 10th January 2015 at 23:32.
Old 10th January 2015, 23:22   #1652
BHPian

Seems like after the price revision, there's an increase of 25k-30k for diesel variants of the Zest and 15k-20k for the petrol engined ones..
Old 11th January 2015, 07:09   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
There are posts bashing Tatas and there are also posts which try to play the patriotism factor, to each his own.

I just disagree with the last line in your post.
Its actually the other way round as due to quality offered by the competition and which is getting better day by day, (case in point Polo & now Elite i20) its Tata who has to improve their quality, but if someone still claims that due to Tata others have to improve, I find it hard to digest.

One more fact we conveniently forget is that almost all our Desi cars are designed abroad.

I think you misread and misunderstood my last line.

The fact that Tata offers More Car Per Car is standard news. Tomorrow you are going to see the Honda's and the Suzuki's up the features they provide example projector Headlights in the compact sedan class and then one will say this is standard while conveniently forgetting it was Tata which was responsible for this change.

As far as patriotism is concerned. I am now 52 years old and have the seen the world from many angles.

I am very very proud to be an Indian and my regard for Tata has much more to do with what they have done and do than just Patriotism.

For every dollar of profit that a Honda or Hyundai (or for that matter any other manufacturer be it in Automobiles or any other industry) makes, the amount spent in and invested back in India is minimal. The Commitment of Tata to CSR is far more than any other company. This has been been the approach by Tata over all the years irrespective of the industry, please go around and see the CSR commitment of Tata and then sit back and see what the others do.

It is easy for me to make a decision as to where my money goes.. but young people out there should ask themseleves this question "Should i get ripped off or should i spend my hard earned money on a honest manufacturer?".

Today we have our PM make the call of "Make in India".. How many actually understand the full impact of this? Sorry I am now going off topic..Maybe someone else should start a thread on Make in India!

Take Care!

Last edited by shashi63 : 11th January 2015 at 07:10.
shashi63 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 01:01   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
The Zest is the best in its segment and so would be the Bolt. People will take some time to accept this, you are right. Meanwhile, we people will continue evaluating the product by its merits and to invest our hard earned money on the better product.

This guys didn't even bother to TD the likes of Polos and i20s after driving the Zest and getting to know the price list. This car is a beauty. No arguments.
Can't disagree with you!
I just completed my PDI of my XT RT over the weekend and am looking forward to the delivery this Friday!!

Just faced one small issue:
The passenger door on the driver side failed to close/lock on normal push and required a bit more push.
The guy at the yard explained that it is due to a catcher issue and would be set right!
At the show room, I checked a Bolt and that too had same problem!
However, the Zests there were fine!
Old 13th January 2015, 14:43   #1655
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
It is typical snob value which comes into play.
I'm sorry, but your post couldn't be more off the mark. I suggest you look at the 'other' 100% Indian brand that has sold more 15 lakh vehicles than anyone in history (including all the foreign brands you point toward), and 100 times more than Tata's own premium UV debacle - the Aria.

Yes, I'm talking about the XUV500 - a stupendous sales success in a premium segment. Also the same company that sells 10,000 Boleros each month and has made a success of the million-rupee Scorpio.

If Tata's brand has a bad reputation on the street, it has only itself to blame. Take the case of my family: After a horrible experience with the 1st-gen Indigo, they won't touch a Tata car with a barge pole. It is Tata which cut the branch it was sitting on with troublesome Indicas, Indigos etc.

Quote:
How much steel do you get (weight of car) for the money you pay is a simple way to judge this aspect.
Steel? Why not just buy 3 Omnis for 7 lakhs, or a 2nd-hand bus if lots of steel is all you want? Thankfully, our market has matured beyond looking at just the steel, and the industry itself has learned how to make lighter, more efficient cars.

I understand you're a Tata fan, but you need to keep it real on Team-BHP. Your post has been edited for breaking our rules.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 17:27   #1656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Steel? Why not just buy 3 Omnis for 7 lakhs, or a 2nd-hand bus if lots of steel is all you want? Thankfully, our market has matured beyond looking at just the steel, and the industry itself has learned how to make lighter, more efficient cars.

I understand you're a Tata fan, but you need to keep it real on Team-BHP. Your post has been edited for breaking our rules.

In one way its right. After a few years, the manza and vista which are,supposedly a leap ahead in quality and refinement age so badly that only the extra metal can save us - by fetching more kilos of steel when scrapping.

Jokes apart, take my own case a few months back. I was in the market for a compact sedan and seeing the buzz around the zest, I was very enthusiastic about checking out one. Yes we have owned Marutis, Hyundai's and Honda only in the last few years and haven't owned a Tata. Hey, but my experience with Tata is going to the showroom, with an uninterested sales team, and walking out and away from the brand. This time, it was the same. Being freshly launched, the salesmen were pampered with advance bookings, they didn't bother talking to more customers. "Book the car and pay amount, when the car arrives we will let you know. Test drive car is not available. Leave number with us and we shall provide TD later" - the kind of response. It was the exact copy of the experience few years back when I went to check out the Indigo Manza.

I settled for a Dzire. Flimsy metal. Half of the equipment provided on the zest. Lesser space. Apart from that, didn't feel anything lacking.
Old 13th January 2015, 17:57   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

In one way its right. After a few years, the manza and vista which are,supposedly a leap ahead in quality and refinement age so badly that only the extra metal can save us - by fetching more kilos of steel when scrapping.

Grossly wrong statement that. You may really want to reconsider.
or else please find a little more time to browse a little more on teambhp.com (Tata manza thread)

The supposed TATA Manza owners are a happy lot (most of them).
I bet you will find none looking forward to sell their Manzas by kilo.

As far as aging of the Manza goes vs the Dzire.
I can vouch going by my experience (3 years 6months of the swift and 3years & 7 months now with the Manza- still as good as new)
One word : Manza is leagues ahead .
Anyways , i am sorry to the respectable mods for going OT here .
But the above post is thoroughly offending and had to respond.

Last edited by madhu33 : 13th January 2015 at 18:04.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 18:22   #1658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post

As far as aging of the Manza goes vs the Dzire.
I can vouch going by my experience (3 years 6months of the swift and 3years & 7 months now with the Manza- still as good as new)
One word : Manza is leagues ahead .
Anyways , i am sorry to the respectable mods for going OT here .
But the above post is thoroughly offending and had to respond.
Mate, I don't intend to hurt sentiments of owners here, but if there is a reason why even the taxi market is not interested in Tata products anymore, this is one of the few. Taxi drivers once swore by the Indica and it was considered to be a car that could take a lot of abuse and was built to last. Build quality is superior for a Tata no doubt. I will be here, six years from now if you could still stick to this statement
Old 13th January 2015, 18:25   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Mate, I don't intend to hurt sentiments of owners here, but if there is a reason why even the taxi market is not interested in Tata products anymore, this is one of the few. Taxi drivers once swore by the Indica and it was considered to be a car that could take a lot of abuse and was built to last. Build quality is superior for a Tata no doubt. I will be here, six years from now if you could still stick to this statement
Well i would refrain from replying any further here and take this thread further off topic as mark of respect and love i have for teambhp.com ands rules set by the forum to maintain the quality.

Your post is irrelevant since currently the Zest is not being offered to the Taxi market and is well reported in the opening post of this thread.
I suppose you might have missed reading it.

As far as being happy or being regretful of the manza goes , if you want let us continue the debate on the Tata manza thread.

Last edited by madhu33 : 13th January 2015 at 18:32.
Old 13th January 2015, 19:01   #1660
Senior - BHPian

People stop talking about other brands and talk about the car, do not make this thread a bashing thread.

Even the support team is giving answers for unwanted question on this thread which is not relevant in this thread, would request the support team to move the queries to a different thread where they can discus about these things.
gowda79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 19:41   #1661
BHPian

Disclaimer- I am just listing out my experience with a Tata product. It is not to offend anyone. I am talking about Tata brand and its quality in a Tata car thread. So I feel it is justified to talk about this.

This is not a Tata bashing post, but it is an actual experience about a Tata car

Why does patriotism come into play here. I respect the views, but why patriotism in this. I earn my money after so much of hard work after spending hours together in office. I will have to spend on a product which is reliable and trouble free. As simple as that and this is my theory. I don't see whether it is an Indian product or otherwise.

At this juncture of globalization, do you really think that we can use only those products which are 'Made in India'. Most of the accessories that we use today are more fully non-Indian products.

Coming back to the topic, can we really say that Tata has improved in quality aspect? You will get your answer, when you complete reading this post!!.

I owned a Manza till last week for the past 4.5 years. The car hasn't been trouble free. Can you imagine a car starts honking automatically when you switch on the ignition. Yes Tata cars are capable of doing that irrespective of the technical quality claimed by Tata. My Manza use to do that. I switch on the ignition, the horn starts blowing up. I get embarrassed and switch off the ignition. I have relatives in my car, the same thing happens again. OMG, it is a real embarrassment for me. Can I say that I am very patriotic, so i will buy those stupendous products like this though it gives so many problem, but still it is an Indian product. My Uncle says "See I told you not to buy a Tata car, this is what happens with Tata. I have seen so many in my life"

Hurray!!! Last time when I saw such a silly problem, it was on those old Amby and my Matador school van, which when blows, the driver sees and smiles with a geek.

I repeatedly complain this problem to the A.S.S of Tata, they act as if this is something new on earth they have heard. They say that things have been corrected and this will not repeat again. But think of the devil, the devil appears. I take it to the nearby garage where I can find car electricians. They say that Sir this is a very common problem with Tata cars. He does something and the problem settles down for sometime. Again the same problem repeats. I get annoyed and believe me I am the best mechanic on earth. Out of frustration, I bang the steering wheel hard. The horn blowing stops. Wow... I have learnt mechanics. Tata has made me learn so many things. I was happy for one more thing, the airbags did not pop up when I banged the steering . Or was it supposed to pop up, but it didn't because of the quality issues. I really do not know and I will leave at that!!

For a pretty long time, the problem did not occur again. But off late it did happen again a couple of times. I was least bothered because I was trying to sell my car at that time.

With such niggles and problems in one of the recent and an important strategic product called Manza, do you really say that TATA has improved.

And for the information this is just one of the many issues that I have narrated.

Last edited by rki2007 : 13th January 2015 at 19:55.
rki2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 20:52   #1662
Senior - BHPian

All I can see that is a horn issue in the above post

Do you expect air bag to deploy when you bang the steering wheel hard?

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th January 2015 at 20:53.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 22:38   #1663
Senior - BHPian

No offence to anybody on this forum, just my two cents -

When we have invested our hard earned money on an asset which does not have ROI, it is normal human tendency to get frustrated and start complaining about the product and there manufacturers even when there is a small niggle. But again IMO luck also play its part, because we have come across many such owners who got a lemon and still fighting to overcome those issues and few owners enjoying there rides. Even I had faced a similar issue in my Santro where the headlights remained ON for sometime and was not responding even after multiple restarts and later it was healed on its own. It is 1 in 100 case and can't blame the manufacturer for the same right.

IMHO every manufacturing company tries to overcome each and every issue/niggle a customer registers and increase the percentage of customer satisfaction, but the culprits here are the Dealers(Service Engineers, Service Managers, Sales Executives), who neglect there customers and try to give good service to owners who give nice tips and look lavish( Disclaimer - Not all service centers, but some do this) and just ignore the cars who trust the service centers blindly.

Hence a PDI plays an important role for any prospect before buying any vehicle and probably we should educate our friends and family to do so, since they are not BHPians which might help from getting hands on a lemon to some extent at least.

Leaving all this apart, we should concentrate more on Zest in this thread and try to appreciate Tata for their effort and the corrective measures they are taking by listening to their customers.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 22:53   #1664
BANNED

Guys,

Can we just get back to Zest rather than concentrating on Tata and is quality!

No point in diluting the thread further.

Thanks.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 23:23   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, but my experience with Tata is going to the showroom, with an uninterested sales team, and walking out and away from the brand. This time, it was the same. Being freshly launched, the salesmen were pampered with advance bookings, they didn't bother talking to more customers. "Book the car and pay amount, when the car arrives we will let you know. Test drive car is not available. Leave number with us and we shall provide TD later" - the kind of response. It was the exact copy of the experience few years back
Well, doesn't this story remind me of the Ford Ecosport days?

In Bangalore, I've been to Concorde and Prerana Motors. Both had good sales people with decent knowledge about the product. The showrooms are world class too. The follow ups and courtesy is great.
In fact, when they did not have the AMT vehicle for TD, they promised to call me when they get one. They truly called me and got the vehicle for TD all the way to ITPL. From there, we requested for a long TD in traffic. They agreed and we did 15km TD.

I've owned a Swift VDi and I personally do see Tata has been equally wonderful so far!
balajisv is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks