Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2017, 10:06   #346
BHPian

re: Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen)

On Thursday, while returning from work, I was stuck in traffic (as always). A guy on Activa decided that the gap between my car and the one ahead was vast, and that he could easily maneuver through it. I noticed his intentions and was honking but he did not pay any heed. He moved and then realized, alas, his calculations were wrong. His Activa's kick got stuck in my front bumper and ripped it out. I basically lost my mind. Opened my window, took a snap of his number plate and asked him to park to the side. He obliged and I followed him.

The front bumper had peeled out and was hanging. He apologized and gave me his number. He mentioned he knew a local garage who could repair the car in half the cost of the Service Center. I said I would call him.

Drove straight to Advaith. The body shop fellow attended and gave me his honest advice - Sir, drive around this way, no need of repairing it, soon you will have new scratches. That's how it is in Bangalore.
When I insisted I wanted this to be fixed, he gave me two options:
1- New bumper at the cost of 11000/-.
2- Repaint all the scratches and put 2 screws as 'jugaad' repair. Since the brackets and clips were broken, the panel gap would be wide and unlike before. Cost 1500/-

Told him I'd come on Friday morning and that I choose option 2.

On Friday, drove to the Service Center and gave the car for repair. Also found that they had Verna's door sill plates (non-illuminated) version and asked the SA to put those as well. Also told the SA about doob-doob sound coming from the front suspension when going over uneven roads.

In the evening, got the call that the car was ready. Went around 6PM, checked the car as it was being cleaned. The paint job done was acceptable. The panel alignment job done was not. The SA mentioned that's the best they could do. I knew this had to be fixed at home now, so told him to prepare the bill. The suspension bushes were changed in the warranty as well. All done, paid 1469/- for the repair and 600/- odd for the sill plates and I was ready to head home.

Turned on the ignition and noticed, the right fog lamp was not functioning. Thinking that they had forgotten to connect some wires, called the SA. He took the car to the service bay and lifted it up for an inspection. I followed him. Five minutes later he says, Sir, bulb is broken. Shall I replace? I said Yes.
He went to the warehouse to check the availability. Comes back with the bulb. I ask him, how much is it. He said, 1274 plus taxes plus labor. I was Anyway, gave him the go ahead.
Half an hour later, the work is done. I drive back home, thinking how 2 inches of gap and 1 minute of patience could be so expensive. Sigh !

The next day, a healthy dose of super glue was enough to bring the panel gaps well within acceptable limits. Cost 5/-.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 18th September 2017 at 10:08.
drive2eternity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 11:44   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
On Thursday, while returning from work, I was stuck in traffic (as always). A guy on Activa decided that the gap between my car and the one ahead was vast, and that he could easily maneuver through it. I noticed his intentions and was honking but he did not pay any heed. He moved and then realized, alas, his calculations were wrong. His Activa's kick got stuck in my front bumper and ripped it out. I basically lost my mind. Opened my window, took a snap of his number plate and asked him to park to the side. He obliged and I followed him.
That's sad drive2eternity !

It's part of the game driving in a metropolis with multiples of two wheelers plying, they outnumber the four wheelers to 1:5 & you can't help it.

I have stopped counting the scratches anymore. Recently had a coconut tree branch fall on my car, a slight dent on the bonnet & on the top, just above the windscreen. I am yet to give it for repairs, although have spoken to the guys, they say they would do a good job.

My worry is; will the paint ( color) start appearing a shade different after a while as our's is a two year old vehicle ?

Here's to safe driving !
Nagesh Bhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 11:30   #348
BHPian

Went to play cricket last weekend and reached a little early. Saw the greenery around and took the opportunity to do a photo-shoot of my Verna.
Attaching a picture (edited) of my beauty.
Just wish I had scrubbed the tires before clicking, would have enhanced the look further.

Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen)-verna.jpeg

Last edited by drive2eternity : 31st October 2017 at 11:31.
drive2eternity is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 18:13   #349
BHPian

Experts,
After the launch of verna 4S (almost 3 years ago) I heard that spare parts of Hyundai verna are very cheap ( not a bomb like).

I am not a verna owner but simply searching boodmo.com just for curiosity and came to know the below things.

1. OEM Clutch plate disc price is 2529 only and after market are BLUEPRINT=6653, ASHIKA=7668, LUK=15435 (https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-disc...413.1509882024).what is the mystery ?
2. Drive shaft LH parts no 49500-1R000 costs Rs.11798 but Drive shaft LH parts no 49501-1R000 costs Rs.37002. what is the reason behind this huge difference?
http://oriparts.com/8/200/1394/460971

While I searched for commonly wear/ damaged parts but there may be more examples of these types.
(Alok) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 07:12   #350
BHPian

Re: Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen)

So, my baby completes 3 blissful years on Dec 18. She’s all set for a Mumbai drive now. Still on stock clutch, stock timing belt, etc. Had a second tyre change at 106k kms (1st one at 52,000 kms). Service every 15,000 kms at my FNG. No rattles and squeaks from anywhere. Still running like the day I got her home.

Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen)-573dbc10bf144c8299d90539dd71e90f.jpeg

Last edited by drhoneycake : 13th December 2017 at 07:16.
drhoneycake is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 13:49   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
So, my baby completes 3 blissful years on Dec 18. She’s all set for a Mumbai drive now. Still on stock clutch, stock timing belt, etc. Had a second tyre change at 106k kms (1st one at 52,000 kms). Service every 15,000 kms at my FNG. No rattles and squeaks from anywhere. Still running like the day I got her home.
This is amazing considering that I have not seen a recent model completing such a huge running mileage on stock parts. Very confidence inspiring (since i own a 2014 model )

Why the 15k servicing cycle? I believe the norm was 10k or 1 year.
Myth_sx is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 00:28   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
This is amazing considering that I have not seen a recent model completing such a huge running mileage on stock parts. Very confidence inspiring (since i own a 2014 model ). Sorry for the late reply, just got back from a BLR-MUM-BLR drive.

Why the 15k servicing cycle? I believe the norm was 10k or 1 year.
10,000 kms is too short for my kind of running I feel. I sometimes do 10,000 kms in 3 months which I feel is too quick, also my car sees more highway running than city, hence I prefer to stick to 15k kms per service. Let me summarise my ownership (thanks to drive2eternity's template).

65% of my running is on highways, maybe thats why my stock parts are still in good condition.

Car : Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi SX Silky Silver (2014)
KMs done: 111850km in 1095 days (Average ~ 100 KMs daily) (100% with AC on)
KMs on Highway: approx 72,000 KMs (65%) - GQ runs, RJ, OD, GJ, MH, KA, AP, TS, KL, TN, MP, GA, HR, DL etc.
City mostly driven: Bengaluru
Major Incidents: None
Breakdowns / Technical Problem: None
Failed to start : Once (Battery had gone kaput at 66000kms)
drhoneycake is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 16:41   #353
BANNED

Hello Members need an advice on the 2015 verna 4s CRDI rear Negative Camber . I feel the rear Tyre's of my car are slightly bent inwards which depict negative camber but as this car has torsion beam axle in the rear , the rear alignment is not adjustable. I also got it checked at the ASC of hyundai and they say the alignment figures are according to the specification. Actually my concern is that this negative camber would affect the Tyre wear pattern and inner sidewall of rear Tyre's would wear more. Please clear my doubt that does all verna 4s 2015 crdi models have slight negative camber at the rear.
Regards
Old 14th May 2018, 08:15   #354
BHPian

Since last week, my Verna was giving trouble in the morning while I attempted to start it. A couple of times it failed to start at the first crank. Remainder of the time, the crank was longer than usual. On Saturday, took the car to a nearby battery store. The attendant checked the voltage and told me that the battery was at the end of its life. I could either continue using it till it dropped dead one day or I could replace it right now.
He showed me 2 options, Amaron for 4800/- and Exide for 5050/-.
Both with prices including exchange of my old battery and with 48 months warranty+guarantee.
(To understand this, read R2D2's brilliant advice : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4384476)

Moving on, checked online on batterybhai.com and batterywale.com. Both websites were showing similar prices so decided to opt for peace of mind and bought the Amaron battery directly from the same store.
Old 25th May 2018, 10:42   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Experts,
After the launch of verna 4S (almost 3 years ago) I heard that spare parts of Hyundai verna are very cheap ( not a bomb like).

I am not a verna owner but simply searching boodmo.com just for curiosity and came to know the below things.
Im a Verna 4S owner and I'm not sure that all parts of this car are as cheap. Recently went for my paid service and OEM wiper blades were quoted as 1500. I think Bosch premium blades are at 900 only.

Has anyone changed wiper blades recently

Last edited by autotranny : 25th May 2018 at 10:44.
autotranny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 12:44   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Im a Verna 4S owner and I'm not sure that all parts of this car are as cheap. Recently went for my paid service and OEM wiper blades were quoted as 1500. I think Bosch premium blades are at 900 only.

Has anyone changed wiper blades recently
I recently change my wipers to bosch clear advantage, frameless. Total cost for 16" and 22" wipers was around Rs 740
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 06:47   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
I recently change my wipers to bosch clear advantage, frameless. Total cost for 16" and 22" wipers was around Rs 740
Good to know Myth_sx. Can you tell us if you got them online or from a local store?
Also, can we put them on ourselves? I think there are different types of clips for attaching the blades to the wiper arm, which type are on the Verna?
How do you rate their performance?
I can find Bosch Clear Advantage on Amazon, 22" and 16" ones costing around 660/-. Based on your inputs, shall order.
Old 26th May 2018, 15:21   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know Myth_sx. Can you tell us if you got them online or from a local store?
Online store. Sparesncare.
Quote:
Also, can we put them on ourselves? I think there are different types of clips for attaching the blades to the wiper arm, which type are on the Verna?
Verna has u-type. Installation is quite easy. 5 minutes tops.
Quote:
How do you rate their performance?
Has not been used on heavy rain yet but worked quite well in light drizzle.
Quote:
I can find Bosch Clear Advantage on Amazon, 22" and 16" ones costing around 660/-. Based on your inputs, shall order.
Source of purchase is upto you. Just ensure you get a set with a more recent date of mfg/import.
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 09:30   #359
BHPian

Hello All,

On Saturday, I gave my car for the 1st paid service, on its 3rd anniversary. Thought of sharing the details as well as thanking you guys for all your support and guidance. The below points summarize my experience with my car over the past 2 years:

Car : Hyundai Verna 1.6 VTVT S(O)
KMs done: 26700 in 1095 days (Average ~ 24 KMs daily) (99% with AC on)
KMs on Highway ~ 12000 KMs (45%)
City mostly driven: Bangalore
Major Incidents: None
Puncture: One. Left rear tire fought with a 2 inch screw and lost the battle.
Breakdowns / Technical Problem: Mentioned below.
Failed to start : None. However, there were instances in May, when the crank was taking longer than usual. Got it checked at a battery store and found the Exide battery from the factory was breathing its last. Hence, got a new Amaron, exchanging the Exide, for 4800/-.

While giving the car for service, I mentioned the SA that I had two issues which needed to be addressed.

1- While turning the steering quickly to the right, it was coming to a stop with a loud 'takk' sound. It was not appearing always but was quite frequent. This had been reported by me during the last service as well. The SA had earlier done some tweaking and the sound had disappeared. However, it appeared back in a few months. So, I gave the historic details to the SA and said I wanted the sound gone permanently.

2- There was a faint 'creek' sound coming while presseing the clutch.

Dropped the car and returned home. A couple of hours later, the SA calls me and says the car is serviced and ready. He mentioned that some screw had been torqued which resolved the 'kat' sound. For the clutch creek, he said the spring of the pedal was faulty and the entire pedal had to be changed. As a temporary fix, he had applied grease around the spring and there wasn't any sound currently. He informed me that a the new pedal would cost around 1300/- and if I wanted, he would order it for me as they did not have it in ready stock. Hyundai does not sell the spring separately. Sigh ! I took a brief test drive and brought the car home. Have not heard either of the two annoying sounds so far.

Parts changed:
1. Engine Oil, from Servo to Shell.
2. Engine Oil filter.
3. Climate control air filter.
4. All spark plugs.
5. Coolant.
6. Clutch fluid topped up.

Points worth mentioning:
1. The paid service costed me 10000/-. Hyundai now uses only Shell Helix and that is a big chunk of the invoice amount.
2. I did not get Rotation and Balancing, underbody coating, wax cleaning, other fancy stuff done.
3. After three years of ownership, I am completely satified with my purchase. The interiors are properly screwed and of top quailty built. No sounds/rattles from the dashboard or the door pads. This, after I have to drive a lot over none existent roads of outer Bangalore very regularly. Quite impressive.
4. The design of the dashboard and the features are still up-to-date. I got ECM in my car, which the Creta only recently started coming equipped with. The power window switches on each door are backlit, a feature which is a luxury these days.
5. The 1.6 VTVT is a gem of an engine. Super silent, immensely tractable. It pulls cleanly from 30kmph in 4th gear. In fact, at times, I tried putting the car in 4th at 25kmph and there was no shudder, just linear acceleration. This makes it a boon to drive in city traffic. The Honda's IVtec may be the king of higher revs, but where my car gets used more, between the 800 - 2000 rpm, the VTVT reigns supreme.

In the end, the SA mentioned that it was a well maintained car which definitely felt like the owner took good care of.
Well, what else is expected from TBhpian !

Last edited by drive2eternity : 9th July 2018 at 09:33.
drive2eternity is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 13:04   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

On Saturday, I gave my car for the 1st paid service, on its 3rd anniversary. Thought of sharing the details as well as thanking you guys for all your support and guidance. The below points summarize my experience with my car over the past 2 years:

Parts changed:
1. Engine Oil, from Servo to Shell.
2. Engine Oil filter.
3. Climate control air filter.
4. All spark plugs.
5. Coolant.
6. Clutch fluid topped up.
My car is also of a similar age (May 2015) and went for the first paid service in June. Apart from your list, I also had to get my link rods and bushes replaced (at a surprisingly low cost - like Rs 354 plus tax or so) ; that took care of whatever little squeaks I was irritated with. Now the car is back to how good it was when purchased. I agree with you that neither the design nor the performance reminds you that this is a 3 year old car now.

I remember that with my earlier car (Hyundai i10 Magna AT) I had long stopped going to Hyundai ASS by 3rd year and even was scouting for a tyre change at a similar mileage of 25000 kms. Compared to that, the Verna has not even lost its new car smell.

Having said that, I have been having random thoughts on doing some Mods to this car ; afterall, I'am a Malayalee and Mods are in our blood line. Cant think of anything outright , and even the internet has very little Mod ideas for the Verna.

I have come across some Fog Lamps on Aliexpress with built in LEDs. (like this - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-...aa2526d3bea-31)

Have any of you guys tried these. OR else, any other subtle mod ideas ?
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks