Team-BHP - Renault Lodgy : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Renault Lodgy : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/162480-renault-lodgy-official-review-13.html)

There is only other dealer at Slik Board Junction which was the former Askok Leyland dealer. Not sure if part of Trident

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 3699215)
There is only other dealer at Slik Board Junction which was the former Askok Leyland dealer. Not sure if part of Trident

The SilkBoard showroom is also part of Trident. I did the Lodgy test-drive through them.

They did mention that Trident is the sole dealership for Renault.

My dealer has promised a delivery next week but still does not want to share the VIN number and making one excuse after another. Not sure why he would do this.

Also, didn't know that even in top end model, all the chrome jing-jang is not part of standard fitment but are accessory for which you have to pay separately :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambujlal (Post 3702182)

Also, didn't know that even in top end model, all the chrome jing-jang is not part of standard fitment but are accessory for which you have to pay separately :(

Don't you think it looks better without the jing-jang?lol:

In case you need it, I think it would work out cheaper to buy the chrome plated accessories from an accessories shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by batterylow (Post 3702200)
Don't you think it looks better without the jing-jang?lol:

In case you need it, I think it would work out cheaper to buy the chrome plated accessories from an accessories shop.

I agree it does look better without too much chrome. However, the chrome lining around the fog lamp looks decent. Chrome handles do look gaudy, so not looking for that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambujlal (Post 3702289)
I agree it does look better without too much chrome. However, the chrome lining around the fog lamp looks decent. Chrome handles do look gaudy, so not looking for that.

The single strip over the Renault logo looks good too. :thumbs up

Does that come standard or is that "too" an option!

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by batterylow (Post 3702367)
The single strip over the Renault logo looks good too. :thumbs up

Does that come standard or is that "too" an option!

:D that's standard (hope so)!

Lodgy was displayed at phoenix mall recently. Looks spacious barring the middle row legroom. The dashboard is a bit basic/ordinary. The front looks good enough with the lower bumper and two slat grille. Purple shade is a very welcome addition in this segment. Gives a niche feeling to the personal buyer.
Looks wise, I believe the 2016 Innova will win hands down if the spy images and overall brand value are anything to go by.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 3697708)
The name has a rather non premium, even downmarket, feel to it. 7 seater mpv and a name like "lodgy"? The various "maruti lodge" type places are what comes to mind when you start to say "lodg" :)

Lodgy, like Duster, is not a Renault original. It is borrowed from Dacia, a low price Romanian auto company bought by Renault-Nissan couple of years back. Dacia's USP has been providing basic vehicles at a much lower price point for the East European(erstwhile CIS countries) market. So it would be unfair to expect the world out of these vehicles as they are squarely engineered and built to a lower price point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 3702960)
Lodgy, like Duster, is not a Renault original. It is borrowed from Dacia, a low price Romanian auto company bought by Renault-Nissan couple of years back. Dacia's USP has been providing basic vehicles at a much lower price point for the East European(erstwhile CIS countries) market. So it would be unfair to expect the world out of these vehicles as they are squarely engineered and built to a lower price point.

The trouble with companies pushing eastern european variants on us is that they sell the downmarket post communist era designs at a price that is calculated at showing off the "phoren" origin. Skoda is yet another example.

Though why blame just Eastern Europe? Look at a basic SUV like innova - again, heavily overpriced with limited accessories compared to what you get outside. Or a basic hatch like the VW polo that is priced at levels that'd get you a midsize sedan from Maruti or Honda.

If we pay premium prices for a product, short changing us by selling us eastern european duds with a tendency to rust and get converted to a dustbin is just not on, I'd think.

Friends, I am planning to take delivery of Lodgy top end version tomorrow. Can you please suggest me the ideal tyre size for it? Innova is 205*16 whereas Lodgy is 185* 16. Thanks in advance

Wouldn't you folks want to wait for the new Innova before purchasing / booking the Lodgy? I went to a showroom where a Duster and a Lodgy were displayed side-by-side. It so happened that me and my daughter closed the door of both the vehicles simultaneously and the sound for the Duster was a "Thunk" whereas the sound from the Lodgy was a poor "Clunk"
I would wait at least until the middle of 2016 !! To check out both the quality and the engine .
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/05/t...nveiled-178394
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...er-innova.html

Rameshdude, don't listen to me. I am sure you wil have many many hours of happy motoring with your new Lodgy. Cheers.

Phew, finally booked the Lodgy! No test drive car available but checked the display car. The last row is nothing short of a joke! It's literally on the floor and I don't really understand the logic behind that stupid design! Innova is light years ahead in the last row department and heck, even my old Ertiga had better depth for the feet to rest. The sales rep kept banging about the removable seats but hey, who cares to remove them! Anyone? I gave a piece of my mind to him to get him to shut up.

Anyway, after having a look at the unappealing last row, we headed to the VW showroom which was close. There was a Hyundai showroom in between, but didn't bother with it. Took a test drive of the Vento and loved the interiors and the solid premium feel the car had. However, the earlier punch of the 1.6TDi was sorely missed on the new one. Since I wasn't interested in sedans or hatchbacks, we went back to the Renault showroom again and I personally sat on all the seats and liked them (except the last row!).

So, why did I settle for the Lodgy? I never care about mileage, so that won't be listed as a con here.
Toyota Innova - Too expensive, too old, tractory bulky engine that's not free revving, 3 digit speeds quite a challenge and no 6 speed gearbox.

Maruti Ertiga - Had one before (familiarity breeds contempt?!), engine not suited for a people mover, still a bit cramped for my liking.

Honda Mobilio - My cousin has one so I tried it. Hate the Brio look, dashboard designed with no aesthetic sense, seats as thin as sheets, hard ride quality, narrow body, just a 5 speeder, lacking top end performance (could do with more bhp and torque) and my biggest gripe of all - speed limited to 140 km/h!

Mahindra Xylo, Tata Aria and Chevy Enjoy were never in contention. Thought I'll wait for the Jazz but I didn't really like the power delivery of the 1.5 i-DTEC.

Booked the Lodgy in Planet Grey, RxZ 110PS 8 seater. Delivery next week. Hopefully, an ownership review should be coming. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameshdude (Post 3706077)
Friends, I am planning to take delivery of Lodgy top end version tomorrow. Can you please suggest me the ideal tyre size for it? Innova is 205*16 whereas Lodgy is 185* 16. Thanks in advance

Hope you got your new ride home?
Any initial driving impressions?
And before I forget, congrats and wishing you a million miles of motoring bliss.

Renault has been pushing everyone to compare Lodgy with Innova and not with Suzuki Ertiga or Honda Mobilio so that the price does not look inflated when compared to the later.

Renault in the past has been known to pile on the price when they see their product selling! (yes you read it right product "Duster" nothing else sells); Hope they don't do the same with Lodgy if they taste success for the 2nd time.