Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2015, 12:54   #181
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

There is only other dealer at Slik Board Junction which was the former Askok Leyland dealer. Not sure if part of Trident
Old 5th May 2015, 09:58   #182
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
There is only other dealer at Slik Board Junction which was the former Askok Leyland dealer. Not sure if part of Trident
The SilkBoard showroom is also part of Trident. I did the Lodgy test-drive through them.

They did mention that Trident is the sole dealership for Renault.
m8002? is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 09:47   #183
BHPian

My dealer has promised a delivery next week but still does not want to share the VIN number and making one excuse after another. Not sure why he would do this.

Also, didn't know that even in top end model, all the chrome jing-jang is not part of standard fitment but are accessory for which you have to pay separately :(
Old 8th May 2015, 10:12   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post

Also, didn't know that even in top end model, all the chrome jing-jang is not part of standard fitment but are accessory for which you have to pay separately :(
Don't you think it looks better without the jing-jang?

In case you need it, I think it would work out cheaper to buy the chrome plated accessories from an accessories shop.
Old 8th May 2015, 11:36   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Don't you think it looks better without the jing-jang?

In case you need it, I think it would work out cheaper to buy the chrome plated accessories from an accessories shop.
I agree it does look better without too much chrome. However, the chrome lining around the fog lamp looks decent. Chrome handles do look gaudy, so not looking for that.
Old 8th May 2015, 12:34   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
I agree it does look better without too much chrome. However, the chrome lining around the fog lamp looks decent. Chrome handles do look gaudy, so not looking for that.
The single strip over the Renault logo looks good too.

Does that come standard or is that "too" an option!
Old 8th May 2015, 13:03   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
The single strip over the Renault logo looks good too.

Does that come standard or is that "too" an option!
that's standard (hope so)!
Old 8th May 2015, 14:40   #188
BHPian

Lodgy was displayed at phoenix mall recently. Looks spacious barring the middle row legroom. The dashboard is a bit basic/ordinary. The front looks good enough with the lower bumper and two slat grille. Purple shade is a very welcome addition in this segment. Gives a niche feeling to the personal buyer.
Looks wise, I believe the 2016 Innova will win hands down if the spy images and overall brand value are anything to go by.
Old 9th May 2015, 08:27   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The name has a rather non premium, even downmarket, feel to it. 7 seater mpv and a name like "lodgy"? The various "maruti lodge" type places are what comes to mind when you start to say "lodg"
Lodgy, like Duster, is not a Renault original. It is borrowed from Dacia, a low price Romanian auto company bought by Renault-Nissan couple of years back. Dacia's USP has been providing basic vehicles at a much lower price point for the East European(erstwhile CIS countries) market. So it would be unfair to expect the world out of these vehicles as they are squarely engineered and built to a lower price point.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 09:36   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Lodgy, like Duster, is not a Renault original. It is borrowed from Dacia, a low price Romanian auto company bought by Renault-Nissan couple of years back. Dacia's USP has been providing basic vehicles at a much lower price point for the East European(erstwhile CIS countries) market. So it would be unfair to expect the world out of these vehicles as they are squarely engineered and built to a lower price point.
The trouble with companies pushing eastern european variants on us is that they sell the downmarket post communist era designs at a price that is calculated at showing off the "phoren" origin. Skoda is yet another example.

Though why blame just Eastern Europe? Look at a basic SUV like innova - again, heavily overpriced with limited accessories compared to what you get outside. Or a basic hatch like the VW polo that is priced at levels that'd get you a midsize sedan from Maruti or Honda.

If we pay premium prices for a product, short changing us by selling us eastern european duds with a tendency to rust and get converted to a dustbin is just not on, I'd think.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 14:33   #191
BHPian

Friends, I am planning to take delivery of Lodgy top end version tomorrow. Can you please suggest me the ideal tyre size for it? Innova is 205*16 whereas Lodgy is 185* 16. Thanks in advance
Old 13th May 2015, 21:01   #192
BHPian

Wouldn't you folks want to wait for the new Innova before purchasing / booking the Lodgy? I went to a showroom where a Duster and a Lodgy were displayed side-by-side. It so happened that me and my daughter closed the door of both the vehicles simultaneously and the sound for the Duster was a "Thunk" whereas the sound from the Lodgy was a poor "Clunk"
I would wait at least until the middle of 2016 !! To check out both the quality and the engine .
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/05/t...nveiled-178394
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...er-innova.html

Rameshdude, don't listen to me. I am sure you wil have many many hours of happy motoring with your new Lodgy. Cheers.

Last edited by noidea : 13th May 2015 at 21:03.
Old 18th May 2015, 19:32   #193
Senior - BHPian

Phew, finally booked the Lodgy! No test drive car available but checked the display car. The last row is nothing short of a joke! It's literally on the floor and I don't really understand the logic behind that stupid design! Innova is light years ahead in the last row department and heck, even my old Ertiga had better depth for the feet to rest. The sales rep kept banging about the removable seats but hey, who cares to remove them! Anyone? I gave a piece of my mind to him to get him to shut up.

Anyway, after having a look at the unappealing last row, we headed to the VW showroom which was close. There was a Hyundai showroom in between, but didn't bother with it. Took a test drive of the Vento and loved the interiors and the solid premium feel the car had. However, the earlier punch of the 1.6TDi was sorely missed on the new one. Since I wasn't interested in sedans or hatchbacks, we went back to the Renault showroom again and I personally sat on all the seats and liked them (except the last row!).

So, why did I settle for the Lodgy? I never care about mileage, so that won't be listed as a con here.
Toyota Innova - Too expensive, too old, tractory bulky engine that's not free revving, 3 digit speeds quite a challenge and no 6 speed gearbox.

Maruti Ertiga - Had one before (familiarity breeds contempt?!), engine not suited for a people mover, still a bit cramped for my liking.

Honda Mobilio - My cousin has one so I tried it. Hate the Brio look, dashboard designed with no aesthetic sense, seats as thin as sheets, hard ride quality, narrow body, just a 5 speeder, lacking top end performance (could do with more bhp and torque) and my biggest gripe of all - speed limited to 140 km/h!

Mahindra Xylo, Tata Aria and Chevy Enjoy were never in contention. Thought I'll wait for the Jazz but I didn't really like the power delivery of the 1.5 i-DTEC.

Booked the Lodgy in Planet Grey, RxZ 110PS 8 seater. Delivery next week. Hopefully, an ownership review should be coming. Thanks.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 18th May 2015 at 19:36.
swiftdiesel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 15:23   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Friends, I am planning to take delivery of Lodgy top end version tomorrow. Can you please suggest me the ideal tyre size for it? Innova is 205*16 whereas Lodgy is 185* 16. Thanks in advance
Hope you got your new ride home?
Any initial driving impressions?
And before I forget, congrats and wishing you a million miles of motoring bliss.
Old 20th May 2015, 22:45   #195

Renault has been pushing everyone to compare Lodgy with Innova and not with Suzuki Ertiga or Honda Mobilio so that the price does not look inflated when compared to the later.

Renault in the past has been known to pile on the price when they see their product selling! (yes you read it right product "Duster" nothing else sells); Hope they don't do the same with Lodgy if they taste success for the 2nd time.

Most Viewed