Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2016, 07:25   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsank78 View Post

Did you check with Renault why the air bags didn't work? Secondly were you able to claim the amount from your insurance company?
From the pictures, the bumper and further back looks fairly intact. So the airbag sensors didn't come into the picture at all. Only the bonnet is peeled off.
Old 3rd April 2016, 07:45   #317
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
From the pictures, the bumper and further back looks fairly intact. So the airbag sensors didn't come into the picture at all. Only the bonnet is peeled off.
I agree with your comments. The bus, which this Lodgy rear ended probably didn't have the under run protection bar. That could be the reason why the whole impact was taken by the bonnet and the bumper is almost intact. Obviously the airbag sensors being placed in the bumpers didn't sense the impact resulting in no deployment of the airbags. This is the reason why the under run protective bars are so important for big/ heavy vehicles.
Old 3rd April 2016, 10:03   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Did you check with Renault why the air bags didn't work? Secondly were you able to claim the amount from your insurance company?

Hi Ehsank,
I got the claim amount but Rs 6000/ was deducted. I had taken bumper to bumper insurance.
Regards
Ramesh
Old 3rd April 2016, 13:26   #319
BANNED

The Renault Lodgy is undoubtedly a VFM proposition. Its just that its up against the Innova - the gold standard for the segment in India, as someone said. And regardless of how they may want to circumvent the issue, the Lodgy remains a FWD MUV with a WB of 2.8m+, whereas the Innova with a marginally smaller WB is RWD. Also the Innova at 1.6+ tons is substantially heavier. In the average buyer's mind, these facts translate to greater ruggedness & durability and thus higher desirability. I believe that the Indian buying public can no longer be taken for granted.

Last edited by shashanka : 3rd April 2016 at 13:31. Reason: added material
Old 12th April 2016, 14:23   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
The road that leads to this spot (Pagoda Point) is very steep and the final stretch that leads to the parking is extremely steep. While negotiating this steep incline, a Punto driver (probably new to the hills) stalled his ride and that caused us all to come to a dead halt on the steep incline. My heart started pounding and beads of sweat started cascading from my forehead as this was a narrow road and there was no where to turn and the Lodgy being a FWD, I was wary of wheel spin and roll back. When the passage was clear, was expecting to roll back but was pleasantly surprised to find the engine picking up from a dead halt with very mild accelerator input. We were 4 of us in the car and this bit had me grin from ear to ear. Cleared the incline and the rest of the journey was blissful. Extremely pleased with the performance of the MPV and the way the engine comes into its own on the highway, thanks to oodles of torque and the 6th gear.
That one is indeed one scary climb. Do you think a 85PS Lodgy would've pull it off ? The 110PS is a little monster (the surge was very evident when I testrode it), so I am not surprised that it pulled it off without a sweat
bdutta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 17:13   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdutta View Post
That one is indeed one scary climb. Do you think a 85PS Lodgy would've pull it off ? The 110PS is a little monster (the surge was very evident when I testrode it), so I am not surprised that it pulled it off without a sweat
I'm sure the 85PS would've fared even better than the 110 because of its better low end - tractable nature. Yeah, the 110 torque is really good but sometimes low RPM steep incline manoeuvres can catch one out (turbo lag). Once you're used to the 110's nature of power delivery, I'm sure it'd be fine.

On a completely different note, just found out that the Lodgy's reverse gear is synchronised. No more "kirk" grinding sounds when making quick 1st - reverse - 1st gear shifts in tight parking spots.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 12th April 2016 at 17:16.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 17:16   #322
BHPian

Did the first long trip to Bengaluru last week. No complaints. Ride was excellent, comfortable. Got mileage of around 15-16 km/l,

Have crossed 2,000 km and first service is due. Surprisingly service centre is fully booked until 26th April.

I have the Stepway edition and it comes with day time running lights. Don't think its LED though, so while driving many people have told me that my lights are on. Nothing much I can do about it. Maybe Renault could have put white LED lights instead.
Ehsank78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 17:40   #323
Senior - BHPian

Looks like sales are slowly picking up for the Lodgy. I like the way it looks, have seen several of them nimbly moving in and out of traffic here in Bangalore.

Some aggressive advertising is urgently needed for this product, with some bigger price discounts, to make it an attractive buy.

The higher total sales number of Renault (thanks to Kwid) should hopefully push up the number of Renault Service Centres and streamline the customer support department.

Last edited by mooza : 14th April 2016 at 17:41.
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 17:59   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did the first long trip to Bengaluru last week. No complaints. Ride was excellent, comfortable. Got mileage of around 15-16 km/l,

Have crossed 2,000 km and first service is due. Surprisingly service centre is fully booked until 26th April.

I have the Stepway edition and it comes with day time running lights. Don't think its LED though, so while driving many people have told me that my lights are on. Nothing much I can do about it. Maybe Renault could have put white LED lights instead.
Good to hear that! The DRL is very much similar to VW Jetta, Audi Q3 etc., in that, it's a bulb DRL and not LED. I've also checked for LED bulb DRLs but the problem is to ensure those LEDs are CANBUS error free. Don't know the entire technicality behind it but with errors, the bulbs suffer. As of now, when people point out with their hands about the DRLs, I wave back with a smile!

Which service centre are you trying? Renault OMR is very professional, courteous staff with large number of service bays. I've tried both Mount Road and OMR and settled with OMR although it's farther from my residence.
Old 14th April 2016, 19:35   #325
BHPian

Mount road service centre is a stones throw away for me.

My Jetta never had a DRL, I had to fix a Philips one. Some ppl get irritated when we don't listen and switch of the light.
Old 14th April 2016, 20:20   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mount road service centre is a stones throw away for me.

My Jetta never had a DRL, I had to fix a Philips one. Some ppl get irritated when we don't listen and switch of the light.
May be you had the previous version Jetta. The recent one's DRL looks like the Lodgy's. Attaching a pic for reference:

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-jetta-drl.jpg

With regard to service, Mount Road centre is closest to me as well as I stay in Mylapore. But they always have huge backlogs and cite lame excuses for late deliveries. I used to book months earlier and still on the day of service they'll ask for 2 days time which is ridiculous given that it's a complaint free service. Always left with a sour taste for the time they take to service. The problem is, they don't have enough bays.

Recently I visited OMR service centre to fix a clipped bumper and that's when I found out the professional setup. With many loading bays the service advisor told me that service is prompt and 9/10 times the vehicle is returned the same day. Also, they've done an amazing job with my bumper, all in about 4 days time which is pretty quick by Renault's standards. Yes, it's 30 minutes drive for me, but the quality of service is better, professional and they adhere to promised delivery times.
Old 26th April 2016, 10:35   #327
BHPian

Have sent my Renault Lodgy for 1st service to the Mount Road centre. Till now I am impressed. Got a call saying car will be ready by evening and now sms.

Never happened with my previous VW.
Old 26th April 2016, 11:29   #328
BHPian

In today's local newspaper

Huge benefit up to Rs.3 lac on Lodgy selected models
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-img_20160426_104914926.jpg  

hiren959 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 15:29   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
In today's local newspaper

Huge benefit up to Rs.3 lac on Lodgy selected models
This offer has been going on for quite some time. When I bought mine in February end, 3 lac discount was offered and they said they are clearing up 2015 stock.
Old 4th May 2016, 20:30   #330
BHPian

Does anyone know if all Renault dealerships in Bangalore share the same common stock pool ?

Most Viewed