Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2016, 16:28   #361
BHPian

Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

Renault Lodgy World Edition lauched at INR 9.74 lakhs (Ex Showroom Delhi) with 25 new features.

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-renaultlodgympvworldeditionlaunch1.jpg
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-renaultlodgympvworldeditionlaunch4.jpg
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-renaultlodgympvworldeditionlaunch2.jpg
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-renaultlodgympvworldeditionlaunch3.jpg

Still with the same puny 15-inch wheels...

Source: http://www.rushlane.com/renault-lodg...-12201331.html
thatsdileep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 17:21   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault should understand that they are not Ferrari/Rolls Royce to come up with limited/special editions, hoping to see sales hit the roof.

It must be an attempt to clear stock. I wish Lodgy doesn't have the fate of Evalia.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 25th July 2016 at 17:32.
Old 25th July 2016, 18:28   #363
BHPian

Don't get where Renault is taking this. They seem to be trying to play around with different skins for a product that just isnt selling. Already four months into year after the Duster AMT launch, and still no sign of the AMT for Lodgy and for that matter the Kwid as well. The Economic Times indicates a launch sometime next year, which is way too far. Can't understand why its so difficult for them to launch it at least by the Diwali season? A facelift as well as reduced the price for 85PS and 110PS along with new variants like the ones mentioned above might breathe some life into it. Even I feel the tyres & rims are too small for this vehicle. Address that, along with sliding middle seat and I am sure the sales will come. The Kwid is doing well and they are working on improving their dealership network, so this might be a good investment alright, if only they can speed it up.
Old 25th July 2016, 20:34   #364
Senior - BHPian

25 new features and the lodgy does not even have a touchscreen ICE system and even steering controls. Its cheaper sibling Ertiga offers both.

Again - the article mentions that 2nd and third row AC vents are present on this limited edition. Wasn't that already present on current Lodgy models

When are companies going to learn .
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 23:50   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Wagle View Post

Dear All

Renault is really working hard to increase sales nos. The price drop and heavy discounts hope would work for rise in volumes. I booked a Lodgy 110 stepway for a good deal. The sales guys collected the cheque yesterday at 10.30pm. They were late as they had to crack a RXZ 7 seater deal for 4nos.

I am upgrading from Ertiga ZDI to Lodgy. Had a amazing experience with 1.3DDis, 4yrs With Dzire and 4 yrs with Ertiga. Tried to get updates on1.6 ertiga but could not sense it within near future. After going through all the reviews on net, espicially from team-BHP decided to book one.

Feeling confident to have a delightdul journey with renault lodgy with all of you. Shall come back with next updates very soon.
Congratulation! Can you share the deal?
Bouncer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 22:54   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsank78 View Post
Congrats. Hope its a good decision. My lodgy is almost 5 months old now and I don't regret it buying it and the whole family loves it.

Regarding the waxoyl protection, not sure its the same. They offered me 3M complete protection.
Dear Lodgians,

My First ever ride wirh my Lodgy 110PS was exciting and a discovery tour on this indepndence day.

Travelled with family and friends with Lodgy 110 and Lodgy 85 with 4 adults and 2 Kids in each of the cars.

The journey was exciting for me to explore the features of new Lodgy with 1400 KMs on odo meter to KAS lake in satara 145KMs from Pune.

Discovered that the Lodgy clutch is poorly designed as both the vehicles clutch burnt with fumes and smell on a UP hill climb of a small gradient with traffic congestion on a narrow turn. The clutch could not take the load for both the varients and we along with others were surprised to witness the renault design performing poorly, that too for the newly brought cars! While other make vehicles performed without any issue.

We have reported the issue and submitted the cars to service centres back in Pune for resolution of the issue.

Has any of the Lodgians or duster owners have faced such an issue?
Old 17th August 2016, 05:10   #367
BHPian

5,000 plus km on the odometer and no problem with the clutch
Ehsank78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 10:22   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Wagle View Post
Dear Lodgians,

My First ever ride wirh my Lodgy 110PS was exciting and a discovery tour on this indepndence day.

Travelled with family and friends with Lodgy 110 and Lodgy 85 with 4 adults and 2 Kids in each of the cars.

The journey was exciting for me to explore the features of new Lodgy with 1400 KMs on odo meter to KAS lake in satara 145KMs from Pune.

Discovered that the Lodgy clutch is poorly designed as both the vehicles clutch burnt with fumes and smell on a UP hill climb of a small gradient with traffic congestion on a narrow turn. The clutch could not take the load for both the varients and we along with others were surprised to witness the renault design performing poorly, that too for the newly brought cars! While other make vehicles performed without any issue.

We have reported the issue and submitted the cars to service centres back in Pune for resolution of the issue.

Has any of the Lodgians or duster owners have faced such an issue?
Lodgy clutch feels little heavy during the initial days. You need to get used to it especially when you are moving from cars made by Honda. I have put in close 15k on my Lodgy Rxl 110ps and have driven in almost all kinds of terrains. Have seen no issues with the clutch and it is still in best possible condition. Get it checked and replace it as you have burnt it. I guess you might be straining the clutch to get power in lower gears. Work the gears properly and as you might have seen there is a bit of turbo lag below 1700 rpm because of which you feel that the car is not pulling. Once the turbo kicks in you might have seen the rush in the power delivery. Overall its more about driving practices is what I feel.
raghutk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 12:11   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post
Lodgy clutch feels little heavy during the initial days. You need to get used to it especially when you are moving from cars made by Honda. I have put in close 15k on my Lodgy Rxl 110ps and have driven in almost all kinds of terrains. Have seen no issues with the clutch and it is still in best possible condition. Get it checked and replace it as you have burnt it. I guess you might be straining the clutch to get power in lower gears. Work the gears properly and as you might have seen there is a bit of turbo lag below 1700 rpm because of which you feel that the car is not pulling. Once the turbo kicks in you might have seen the rush in the power delivery. Overall its more about driving practices is what I feel.
I do agree with you. In last 15 years I have never come accross such a situation driving cars from fiat, ford, honda and maruti. I generally change car as it runs out of warranty. I would have accepted that I need to change the driving practice but the one with 85PS in front of me also faced the same issue. In the service center also got to know that couple of similar incidences have been reported with in first 5k.
Rajesh Wagle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 08:15   #370
BHPian

Guys, looks like Renault has launched the Lodgy World Edition and silently phased out the RXZ 110ps variant which I feel was quite loaded. (Touch-screen, cruise-control features). Just checked out the Renault official website, it does not show RXZ variant at all.

One other website mentions, its discontinued in June 2016.

http://www.prokerala.com/automobile/...-8-seater.html
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-lodgy.jpg  

Satshan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 10:15   #371

Sasthan I am not sure whether RXZ model is discontinued because I recently went to Ahmedabad dealership and they said it is very much in production and sale along with World edition. Am located at Mathura currently and I remember going to mathura dealership who did not have anything except World edition RXL and RXE...the manager there told me that RXZ is discontinued but that all seems hokum now that I've been to ahmedabad dealership and seen with my own eyes.

I am new to team-bhp and recently acquired Lodgy RXZ 7-Seater (2015) with a superb deal from ahmedabad dealership(more than 3 l difference). The car having done 1500 kms now is running fantastic and I shall update more as I drive.

Coming to my queries...since RXZ comes with almost everything pre-loaded so I havent really installed anything new. However, my last car (Tata Manza Aura Quadrajet) had xenos system installed which had buzzer for opening/closing as well as reverse (which I've so got used to).
Lodgy on the other hand does not have this installed and no other form of security other than the immobilizer. Am looking for a good security upgrade, probably with anti-theft and gps tracking and the buzzer of course. Any suggestions please?
jazzarjun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 15:02   #372
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, it looks like the RxZ variant has been laid to rest, not being manufactured any more. The factory & dealers may still have existing stock left with them. This means even the top Lodgy variant from now will have only one airbag (in addition to the standard ABS)!

It also means there is only one 110 PS variant - the "World Edition". I don't know why Renault are doing this, as the 110 PS Lodgy with its 6-speed gearbox and fantastic French suspension is a fabulous highway MPV!

Looking at the price list on Renault's website, maybe I know why they're doing this. The entire Lodgy range is now positioned below the 1 million rupee mark (ex-showroom), except for the lone 110 PS 6-speed Lodgy "World Edition". It is clear that Renault have almost made the Lodgy vacate the 1 million rupee + space (ex-showroom).

Is it to make space for another MPV that will be positioned above the Lodgy?

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-2017renaultscenicgrandscenic99.jpg

Here's the link to Team-BHP's discussion on the India-bound(?) Grand Scenic:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...mpv-india.html

Last edited by RSR : 13th October 2016 at 15:25.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 15:17   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

Looking at the price list on Renault's website, maybe I know why they're doing this. The entire Lodgy range is now positioned below the 1 million rupee mark (ex-showroom), except for the lone 110 PS 6-speed Lodgy "World Edition". It is clear that Renault have almost made the Lodgy vacate the 1 million rupee + space (ex-showroom).

Also, road tax rates go up quite steeply in most states for vehicles above the 10 Lakh mark. So smart move by Renault to show a lower on-road price for what is essentially a slow moving but very capable vehicle.
narayan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 22:51   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a really bad move. Trying to bring a product under 10L is fine, but doing it at this stage is useless. All the prices should have been well thought at the time of launch.

Now, reducing the price at the cost of safety equipment is even a dumber move! No excuses for Renault to do it. As I mention, the manufacturers should cut down those features which can be retrofitted at the dealer / aftermarket shops and not those which can't be retrofitted at all!! ABS, Airbags, Rear wiper Cruise control etc all fall in the latter section. I don't mind them dropping the touch screen / alloy wheels / leather seats etc. Even if I discount all other stuffs, removing Airbag from the vehicle to cut down cost is a really silly move!
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 09:47   #375
Senior - BHPian

Today Renault's position in India is similar to where Tata Motors were a couple of years back, low sales coupled with too many models with irrelevant variants. The engine option is also neither exciting in their products. Renault like other car manufacturers who have failed in India are neither the best choice for first time buyers nor they have a capable vehicle for people who are upgrading from hatchbacks or sedans. I am wondering myself how did I buy a Duster, which has nothing in it to justify for the price I paid. Did Renault come to India to sell a car like Kwid ? Even if they stop the production of Lodgy, Scala or Pulse nobody will notice. A good vehicle Duster is fading away into history, doing stickering jobs and paint work will not change the mindset of people to buy a Renault Car. I am unable to understand the accountability of leadership in companies like Ford, Renault, Nissan and GM. If a car manufacturer cannot manage the costs, get rid of creature comforts and provide a safe car for the people. Outsource work which can be done at the dealer level, this way a customer can choose what level of customisation he wants in his car and not worry of being unsafe in a car ridden with creature comforts.

Last edited by deehunk : 14th October 2016 at 09:50.
deehunk is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed