Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2021, 00:29   #466
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.91 View Post
The vin is MEEJSRKF9F7000579. I don't have direct contact with owner as I'm buying through a dealer (who's known to me).
Will try to get you the details. Might have to wait till Monday due to the weekend.

Things to keep you on the back foot for the time being:
-Getting the bills for the services done outside
-Trying to find out how the owner's manual was lost
-Looking at the insurance paperwork and the NCB on the policy if you can get hold of it

Last edited by Tgo : 15th May 2021 at 00:31.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 11:25   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Things to keep you on the back foot for the time being:
-Getting the bills for the services done outside
-Trying to find out how the owner's manual was lost
-Looking at the insurance paperwork and the NCB on the policy if you can get hold of it
Thanks a lot tgo - I've gone through the official duster thread as well as your awesome dual duster ownership thread. I have decided to go ahead with the purchase if there are no red flags in the ASS service history. Here's the updates on the points mentioned by you:
-Had a talk with the dealer, seller hasn't shared (or kept) the bills for services done outside ASS so I am assuming the worst - only engine oil, oil filter and air filter were changed. This makes it even more essential to know when was the fuel filter last changed at ASS.
- The dealer didn't bother to ask for the owner's manual. The used car dealers couldn't care less about user manual or service history. While selling my Fiesta the dealer didn't want to take the service bills even though I had carried it, bluntly saying that it would make the car papers file unnecessarily cluttered
- NCB is 35% so I'm assuming there was no claim in the last 4 years

On a side note are the fuel injector failure rates higher for AWD dusters (they use a different fuel filter) or is it same for all 110 engines. Moreover, since the extended warranty has expired will I be eligible for anytime warranty and will it cover the fuel injectors.
Old 15th May 2021, 15:17   #468
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot tgo
There will be a little delay in arranging the Service History due to partial lockdown in my area. I hope you are trying your sources as well.

Quote:
-Had a talk with the dealer, seller hasn't shared (or kept) the bills for services done outside ASS so I am assuming the worst - only engine oil, oil filter and air filter were changed. This makes it even more essential to know when was the fuel filter last changed at ASS.
Here is the service interval-wise segregation of maintenance jobs:

Every 10,000 km
  • Oil Change
  • Air Filter
  • Oil Filter
  • Cabin Filter
  • Greasing and lubrication etc.
  • Wheel Balancing and Alignment

Every 20,000 km
  • Fuel Filter

Every 40,000 km
  • Clutch/Brake Oil Change

Every 60,000 km
  • Timing Belt Kit
  • Accessory Belt Kit
  • Coolant Change

Quote:
- The dealer didn't bother to ask for the owner's manual. The used car dealers couldn't care less about user manual or service history. While selling my Fiesta the dealer didn't want to take the service bills even though I had carried it, bluntly saying that it would make the car papers file unnecessarily cluttered
Guessing that he left it with the owner who might still have just kept it with him.

Quote:
- NCB is 35% so I'm assuming there was no claim in the last 4 years
That's good.

Quote:
On a side note are the fuel injector failure rates higher for AWD dusters (they use a different fuel filter) or is it same for all 110 engines.
We start seeing pattern where we want to. I am of the belief that Injector failure is more prone in the coastal belt. It is safe to assume all 110PS engines are affected. Renault has gone through a number of fuel filter revisions. Which ones are better is not known. When booking a service, the parts compatible with the VIN of the vehicle are shown and only those can be billed against the service (ethically speaking).

Quote:
Moreover, since the extended warranty has expired will I be eligible for anytime warranty and will it cover the fuel injectors.
There is an anytime warranty coverage which is quite expensive but you can go for it if you feel you are going to use the car 20,000 km per year as it is given only in 1 year / 20,000 km blocks.
Old 18th May 2021, 07:42   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
There will be a little delay in arranging the Service History due to partial lockdown in my area. I hope you are trying your sources as well.
Thanks Tgo for listing out the service items along with their frequency. I have been able to source the service history from Renault Budge Budge. There were no red flags (there was 1 accidental claim in the 1st year but it didn't involve any mechanical part). The last service at ASS was at 35k in end of Jan 2019, where fuel filter & break pad was changed along with the regular service items.

While I was discussing with the SM regarding the service history I asked for his opinion on wether it is wise to invest in it considering the upcoming road tax and the expensive 60k service. He advised me to take into consideration the Easy Care AMC plans. Since the car is between 4 year & 5 year he suggested me to go with the 3Y/30k plan which will cover the 50k, 60k and 70k services for around Rs 20k only. Per him since 50k service has been done outside I will be able to redo the 50k service at the workshop after talking the 3Y/30K plan and keep service history intact without much damage to my wallet. So I have decided to go ahead with the purchase .

Attaching the Easy Care AMC plans for the benefit of other bhpians since these options, though still available to purchase, have been taken down from the official website (was causing loss to the dealers used to fleecing customers?) The Renault site now lists AMC options only vehicle age less than 1 year. Mentioned rates are for A+ category cities and will be slightly lesser for A, B and C category cities.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Renault EasyCare (A+ Cities).pdf (855.4 KB, 341 views)
Sam.91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 12:24   #470
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I have decided to go ahead with the purchase .

Attaching the Easy Care AMC plans for the benefit of other bhpians
Congratulations on going ahead with the purchase. Wish you a trouble free ownership. You have a 7 seater for 5.5 Lac with a nice engine which will beg to be driven on the highways.

These AMC plans make sense from not dealing with recurring maintenance cost point of view.
Old 13th December 2021, 13:06   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsank78 View Post
Happy to inform that the problem is solved. Have driven 150+ km without any issues. The problem was with the Hi pressure pump.

Spent about 1.5 lacs for the clutch pad, flywheel and the pump. As this was done outside the Renault service center the cost was reasonable. Renault was quoting 1.2 L just for the clutch pad and flywheel.
Going by the experiences shared on this thread , I can conclude that our ownership experience as well of our Lodgy 110 - 2016 Model is very much inline with that shared here. Rear AC blower wasnt working right after delivery and most recently the high pressure fuel pump went kaput at 70k KMs on the ODO. It did cost us a bomb at the ASC.

We are now looking for a trusted FNG in Chennai to continue with the periodic maintenance service for our Lodgy going forward. Could you please suggest a good place that you know of?
Old 18th December 2021, 15:02   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Going by the experiences shared on this thread , I can conclude that our ownership experience as well of our Lodgy 110 - 2016 Model is very much inline with that shared here. Rear AC blower wasnt working right after delivery and most recently the high pressure fuel pump went kaput at 70k KMs on the ODO. It did cost us a bomb at the ASC.

We are now looking for a trusted FNG in Chennai to continue with the periodic maintenance service for our Lodgy going forward. Could you please suggest a good place that you know of?
I would recommend staying with the renault service even if its expensive. I had lots of issues with my car. Finally went back ti Renault for periodic servicing.
Ehsank78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 15:09   #473
BHPian

Quote:
I would recommend staying with the renault service even if its expensive. I had lots of issues with my car. Finally went back ti Renault for periodic servicing.
Thank you. I guess we will go back to Renault ASC Ambattur then.

Our only problem was that despite asking them to look into the console error ( which was for the fuel pump ) last time during service , they simply "cleared" the error and delivered the car and we consequently were stranded on the road the next day.

May be it's just the case of an inexperienced SA.

But I'll remember to be very cautious dealing with them going forward.
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:20   #474
BHPian

Gave up on the Lodgy after so much maintenance last 2 years. Today again it refused to start. Needed to push it. Not bad it managed almost 53,000 km.

Just now booked a Hyundai venue
Old 26th December 2021, 07:34   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Gave up on the Lodgy after so much maintenance last 2 years. Today again it refused to start. Needed to push it. Not bad it managed almost 53,000 km.

Just now booked a Hyundai venue
Congrats on your new booking.

This thought did cross our minds several times. However the fact that this vehicle carries a poor resale value and also 7 seaters have now become very expensive is making us to hold on to the vehicle for few more years.

Otherwise we are very happy with the vehicle , especially the highway cruising part , it just keeps us very comfortable at triple digits all day! No second thoughts.

Renault ASC was packed and couldn't take our vehicle for servicing. We went with GoMechanic for this time since we don't have any issues as of now and we only needed a basic servicing with oil change.

For now , we are okay with the vehicle since it's ownership experience been good with us till now
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 17:23   #476

Hi All,

Have been a fan of pre worshipped cars for last 14 years, from Cielo to Fabia to Linea. My line up have had 12 pre worshipped cars in past 14 years. No cars in the past have given me any trouble and I was able to drive those for around an year before selling them off to a new buyer. My last pre worshipped car was Fiat Linea and it was in my garage for a good 2 years before I have to sell it off because of NGT rules in Delhi NCR. Now the search again started for a new pre worshipped car.

My requirement was for a 6 or 7 seater vehicle so ultimately there are few listed vehicle in line up.

1. Mahindra XUV500
2. Mahindra Rexton
3. Toyota Innova
4. Reanult Lodgy
5. Nissan X Trail

Started the search and found some examples as well however for one reason or other the listed vehicle were not up to mark and hence rejected. Search continues for a good 3 months when I got a call from a dealer for a good Renault Lodgy with 3 years still left as per NGT rule. Went ahead and took a test ride and vehicle felt quite comfortable at lower as well at higher speeds.

Purchased the vehicle in January 2022, got it serviced from Renault and went with family for a long journey to Kashmir to our 2nd home. Journeys continued from Kashmir to Himachal to Punjab and back to Kashmir. However, in between there were few MAJOR niggles which cropped up. I will list them below.
1. Oil cooler leak
2. AC direction knob malfunctioned
3. Engine mounting all replaced
4. Turbo waste gate pump fail
5. AC water leak

Well, this is the first vehicle in my pre owned vehicle category that has come up with so many malfunctions. As of now, have spent more than 50k on all the parts replaced. Sourcing them from Renault would have costed a bomb so relied on sourcing them from either boodmo or parts dealer from Delhi.

Break up of things:
1. Oil cooler leak > involved in replacing oil cooler along with replacement of whole coolant system and flushing the coolant tank and pipes with battery water thoroughly and then pouring coolant again. As per Renault they quoted an amount in excess of 30k for the whole process got it fixed from a local multi car service showroom with parts sourced from outside for less than 20k.

2. AC direction knob on front malfunctioned so had to remove the whole dashboard to fix the manulak motor, Renault quoted a price of more than 15k, again got it fixed from outside for less than 5k

3. Engine was making noise so got it checked from Renault and they diagnosed it for a faulty engine mountings, quoted a price of more than 30k, got it fixed from outside for less than 15k with original parts sourced from boodmo

4. Vacuum pump failed and vehicle started making wheezing sound on acceleration, got it checked at Renault and they quoted a price of more than 70k for whole turbo to be replaced. Got it checked from outside and problem diagnosed with the actuator pump of pump of turbo charger. Sourced it from outside for less than 5k. Got all the hoses and pipes connected to turbocharger cleaned including the turbo and intercooler and total thing costed less than 15k

5. AC waste water started seeping in from front of the dashboard, got it checked and the pipe was blocked hence removed the blockage and it is working now

Along with that normal wear and tear including break pad, break disc, gear oil is replaced.

In short the owner ship is Renault Lodgy is not what I intended to with all the break downs that has happen in past few months however it has been a long tourer with Kashmir, Himachal, Punjab, Leh and Jammu as it's destination. With a family of 3 adults, 2 kids and luggage this has been a perfect vehicle to commute long however the consistent niggles that have had happened is making me thing again. Should I keep this vehicle or sell it off for a new one.
RhythmDivine is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 14:52   #477
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmDivine View Post
Purchased the vehicle in January 2022, got it serviced from Renault and went with family for a long journey to Kashmir to our 2nd home. Journeys continued from Kashmir to Himachal to Punjab and back to Kashmir. However, in between there were few MAJOR niggles which cropped up. I will list them below.
1. Oil cooler leak
2. AC direction knob malfunctioned
3. Engine mounting all replaced
4. Turbo waste gate pump fail
5. AC water leak
With so many things already changed and good known mechanics I think you can keep the car now. If no niggles for quiet sometime post part change should boost your confidence but if niggles were at regular intervals then retaining it is a 50-50 bet.

Moreover not related to topic, I see with increasing adoption of EVs pre-owned market will suffer. Pre-owned market has good scope only till ICs are there, EVs will destroy this market with a battery cost equivalent to 50% of new car price and life of around 6-8 years where 1st owners typically sell their cars.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th September 2022 at 09:34. Reason: Mod note attached.
steadfast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 16:56   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmDivine View Post
Hi All, In short the owner ship is Renault Lodgy is not what I intended to with all the break downs that has happen in past few months however it has been a long tourer with Kashmir, Himachal, Punjab, Leh and Jammu as it's destination. With a family of 3 adults, 2 kids and luggage this has been a perfect vehicle to commute long however the consistent niggles that have had happened is making me thing again. Should I keep this vehicle or sell it off for a new one.
Hi RhythmDivine, You have not mentioned the mileage of the vehicle at time of purchase, as some of points mentioned could well be mileage or normal wear-tear pertaining (mountings, a/c knobs).

However since you have already got them fixed once, give it some more time. I too have a Renault Lodgy 110 in my garage, clocked about 115k kms. I have been maintaining it from an Independent Garage in Noida itself for last 3 years. Though they may take couple of days extra to source parts, but they are able to get Renault genuine parts mostly. Look up for 'World Of Service' online for the coordinates, just in case.

As for Lodgy being a family tourer, cant agree more! I feel best memories are made when complete family travels together in minivans/ 7 seaters.

Wishing you happy miles!
Old 2nd September 2022, 14:39   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
Hi RhythmDivine, You have not mentioned the mileage of the vehicle at time of purchase, as some of points mentioned could well be mileage or normal wear-tear pertaining (mountings, a/c knobs).

However since you have already got them fixed once, give it some more time. I too have a Renault Lodgy 110 in my garage, clocked about 115k kms. I have been maintaining it from an Independent Garage in Noida itself for last 3 years. Though they may take couple of days extra to source parts, but they are able to get Renault genuine parts mostly. Look up for 'World Of Service' online for the coordinates, just in case.

As for Lodgy being a family tourer, cant agree more! I feel best memories are made when complete family travels together in minivans/ 7 seaters.

Wishing you happy miles!
Thanks Diesel Drive for the information of WOS, will certainly get in touch with them for future repairs, if any required. As far as mileage was concerned, it was around 97k when I got it and now the odo stands at 124k something. I totally agree with you that Lodgy is not meant for small drive or even for the single person to drive within city. It is meant for entire family trip and on highways ONLY.
Also, I am planning to change the front brake disc along with shoe, have you done that change in past, if yes, then please share the total cost involved and time taken from WOS.
Old 23rd September 2022, 14:12   #480
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Is there anyone in and around Alappuzha District in Kerala who can suggest a good service center for Lodgy 110ps? Fed up of the ASS...
Would truly appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks