Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 15th May 2021, 00:29   #466
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.91 View Post
The vin is MEEJSRKF9F7000579. I don't have direct contact with owner as I'm buying through a dealer (who's known to me).
Will try to get you the details. Might have to wait till Monday due to the weekend.

Things to keep you on the back foot for the time being:
-Getting the bills for the services done outside
-Trying to find out how the owner's manual was lost
-Looking at the insurance paperwork and the NCB on the policy if you can get hold of it

Last edited by Tgo : 15th May 2021 at 00:31.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 11:25   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Things to keep you on the back foot for the time being:
-Getting the bills for the services done outside
-Trying to find out how the owner's manual was lost
-Looking at the insurance paperwork and the NCB on the policy if you can get hold of it
Thanks a lot tgo - I've gone through the official duster thread as well as your awesome dual duster ownership thread. I have decided to go ahead with the purchase if there are no red flags in the ASS service history. Here's the updates on the points mentioned by you:
-Had a talk with the dealer, seller hasn't shared (or kept) the bills for services done outside ASS so I am assuming the worst - only engine oil, oil filter and air filter were changed. This makes it even more essential to know when was the fuel filter last changed at ASS.
- The dealer didn't bother to ask for the owner's manual. The used car dealers couldn't care less about user manual or service history. While selling my Fiesta the dealer didn't want to take the service bills even though I had carried it, bluntly saying that it would make the car papers file unnecessarily cluttered
- NCB is 35% so I'm assuming there was no claim in the last 4 years

On a side note are the fuel injector failure rates higher for AWD dusters (they use a different fuel filter) or is it same for all 110 engines. Moreover, since the extended warranty has expired will I be eligible for anytime warranty and will it cover the fuel injectors.
Old 15th May 2021, 15:17   #468
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot tgo
There will be a little delay in arranging the Service History due to partial lockdown in my area. I hope you are trying your sources as well.

Quote:
-Had a talk with the dealer, seller hasn't shared (or kept) the bills for services done outside ASS so I am assuming the worst - only engine oil, oil filter and air filter were changed. This makes it even more essential to know when was the fuel filter last changed at ASS.
Here is the service interval-wise segregation of maintenance jobs:

Every 10,000 km
  • Oil Change
  • Air Filter
  • Oil Filter
  • Cabin Filter
  • Greasing and lubrication etc.
  • Wheel Balancing and Alignment

Every 20,000 km
  • Fuel Filter

Every 40,000 km
  • Clutch/Brake Oil Change

Every 60,000 km
  • Timing Belt Kit
  • Accessory Belt Kit
  • Coolant Change

Quote:
- The dealer didn't bother to ask for the owner's manual. The used car dealers couldn't care less about user manual or service history. While selling my Fiesta the dealer didn't want to take the service bills even though I had carried it, bluntly saying that it would make the car papers file unnecessarily cluttered
Guessing that he left it with the owner who might still have just kept it with him.

Quote:
- NCB is 35% so I'm assuming there was no claim in the last 4 years
That's good.

Quote:
On a side note are the fuel injector failure rates higher for AWD dusters (they use a different fuel filter) or is it same for all 110 engines.
We start seeing pattern where we want to. I am of the belief that Injector failure is more prone in the coastal belt. It is safe to assume all 110PS engines are affected. Renault has gone through a number of fuel filter revisions. Which ones are better is not known. When booking a service, the parts compatible with the VIN of the vehicle are shown and only those can be billed against the service (ethically speaking).

Quote:
Moreover, since the extended warranty has expired will I be eligible for anytime warranty and will it cover the fuel injectors.
There is an anytime warranty coverage which is quite expensive but you can go for it if you feel you are going to use the car 20,000 km per year as it is given only in 1 year / 20,000 km blocks.
Old 18th May 2021, 07:42   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
There will be a little delay in arranging the Service History due to partial lockdown in my area. I hope you are trying your sources as well.
Thanks Tgo for listing out the service items along with their frequency. I have been able to source the service history from Renault Budge Budge. There were no red flags (there was 1 accidental claim in the 1st year but it didn't involve any mechanical part). The last service at ASS was at 35k in end of Jan 2019, where fuel filter & break pad was changed along with the regular service items.

While I was discussing with the SM regarding the service history I asked for his opinion on wether it is wise to invest in it considering the upcoming road tax and the expensive 60k service. He advised me to take into consideration the Easy Care AMC plans. Since the car is between 4 year & 5 year he suggested me to go with the 3Y/30k plan which will cover the 50k, 60k and 70k services for around Rs 20k only. Per him since 50k service has been done outside I will be able to redo the 50k service at the workshop after talking the 3Y/30K plan and keep service history intact without much damage to my wallet. So I have decided to go ahead with the purchase .

Attaching the Easy Care AMC plans for the benefit of other bhpians since these options, though still available to purchase, have been taken down from the official website (was causing loss to the dealers used to fleecing customers?) The Renault site now lists AMC options only vehicle age less than 1 year. Mentioned rates are for A+ category cities and will be slightly lesser for A, B and C category cities.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Renault EasyCare (A+ Cities).pdf (855.4 KB, 67 views)
Sam.91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 12:24   #470
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I have decided to go ahead with the purchase .

Attaching the Easy Care AMC plans for the benefit of other bhpians
Congratulations on going ahead with the purchase. Wish you a trouble free ownership. You have a 7 seater for 5.5 Lac with a nice engine which will beg to be driven on the highways.

These AMC plans make sense from not dealing with recurring maintenance cost point of view.

Most Viewed