Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2017, 13:51   #7351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
The NEXA booking experience was far from premium and very ordinary. They even charged me 220 INR for using credit card to book the car.
You bet!! Mine was no way near the word of P for premium. Although there were good discounts & free accessories, we had to compromise on color & dates to give a defective car which was repaired & handed over to us.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 14:54   #7352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Ohhh ! I suspect that the battery is the culprit, but I may be wrong. There are no warnings on the display, so does not seem something critical.

Before towing the car, did they inspect the battery or certain basic stuff, before concluding on towing?
No inspection was done before towing. They did not dispatch the flatbed till I paid the entire amount of 3374/- online. Maruti sent the flatbed without any technician.

Have left the car at the SC as they need time to detect the problem. I kept thinking it was nothing critical as CEL was not on. Will get the car back tomorrow. I will upload the picture of the OBD scan later today. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 8th May 2017, 15:15   #7353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
:

Getting the car towed to the SC. What can be the problem?
Did you take on adulterated fuel by any chance? Curious to know how this works out. Did they offer you a stand by car?
Old 8th May 2017, 19:02   #7354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Did you take on adulterated fuel by any chance? Curious to know how this works out. Did they offer you a stand by car?
I doubt that its adulterated fuel, the car had run 60 kms after the last refuel. They did not offer any standby car. The mechanic working on my car was instructed to attend to a Eco first which had some AC problem . I was told to sit in the customer lounge, when I said NO, they told me we are not giving you the car back today. I had no option but to leave the car at their mercy. I hope they diagnose the issue at the earliest.

This is what the OBD scan showed:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_6782.jpg

The supervisor was not happy when I asked him to forward the picture to me.
Old 8th May 2017, 19:21   #7355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
After a lot of thought and looking out for different options, finally booked S-Cross 1.3 Zeta in premium silver.
Guess your car should be delivered by now. Sorry if I missed any of your posts on this.

I'm in BLR and considering the scross too. The nexa dealers I visited are only offering a standard 20k exchange bonus along with 10k corp discount. Do you mind sharing details of your purchase - dealer, discounts/freebies, final OTR and anything else you think is significant.

Thanks & good luck!

Last edited by isiv : 8th May 2017 at 19:22.
Old 8th May 2017, 19:22   #7356
Distinguished - BHPian

S-Cross 1.6 ( 2016) and Maruti 800 (1989)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170508_183914.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 19:37   #7357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I doubt that its adulterated fuel, the car had run 60 kms after the last refuel. They did not offer any standby car. The mechanic working on my car was instructed to attend to a Eco first which had some AC problem . I was told to sit in the customer lounge, when I said NO, they told me we are not giving you the car back today. I had no option but to leave the car at their mercy. I hope they diagnose the issue at the earliest.

This is what the OBD scan showed:

Attachment 1637135

The supervisor was not happy when I asked him to forward the picture to me.
This looks like a power supply issue to me. There is no other way so many fault codes can be logged at the same time(if they were indeed logged at the same time). But the attitude of the service center folks looks very rude. If they dont find a solution by tomorrow threaten that you will escalate the issue. Normally you should be given a loaner car and sent home in case the car is staying there overnight.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 20:45   #7358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
This looks like a power supply issue to me. There is no other way so many fault codes can be logged at the same time(if they were indeed logged at the same time). But the attitude of the service center folks looks very rude. If they dont find a solution by tomorrow threaten that you will escalate the issue. Normally you should be given a loaner car and sent home in case the car is staying there overnight.
I was very reluctant for leaving the car at the SC. Sending MSIL and dealer a email, expressing my dissatisfaction regarding the entire experience, from towing to diagnosis.

Last edited by sinharishi : 8th May 2017 at 20:47.
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 23:47   #7359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Guess your car should be delivered by now. Sorry if I missed any of your posts on this.

I'm in BLR and considering the scross too. The nexa dealers I visited are only offering a standard 20k exchange bonus along with 10k corp discount. Do you mind sharing details of your purchase - dealer, discounts/freebies, final OTR and anything else you think is significant.

Thanks & good luck!
Thanks, I will be getting the car this week. I visited my hometown last week hence could not take the delivery.

I booked my car from Pratham Nexa at Museum Road. If you visit there you can contact Mr. Safal and give him my reference (Sourov Choudhury) and also ask him to match the offer that he gave me (he requested not to share the details in public forum).
.sourov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 08:22   #7360
BHPian

Quote:
I was very reluctant for leaving the car at the SC. Sending MSIL and dealer a email, expressing my dissatisfaction regarding the entire experience, from towing to diagnosis.
Sir, very sad to hear about this. The dealership experience of Nexa cars is bad. Had it been a company like Volkswagen, people would be happy bashing. Nexa, being Maruti escapes criticism. I would suggest you to make a telephonic complaint too. My experience with the customer care is great. They immediately take action and your problems would be sorted out. The dealership act really fast after a complaint and would pamper you. But, you would have to raise complaint again next time when you give for service. I feel Maruti is serious about Nexa, but not their dealers.

Last edited by Dani7766 : 9th May 2017 at 08:23. Reason: Typo
Old 9th May 2017, 13:16   #7361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
I feel Maruti is serious about Nexa, but not their dealers.
I don't know why they have come up with NEXA. I don't know what is so premium about NEXA that they had to come up with new showrooms. Today, I feel let down, both by the dealer and MSIL.

Update: Everything has been put back to its original place in the engine bay. They have still not identified the problem. Now, another brand new S-Cross has arrived at the SC for futher diagnosis, they want to test something, I have not been told what.

I am spending the day here on the service floor today to see them work on my car. Hopefully, I will get the car back today.
Old 9th May 2017, 17:49   #7362

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I have booked an S cross Zeta 1.3, grey colour. They've promised delivery next week. I was promised an auto IRVM for free by the sales girl, but just now they called and informed that the auto IRVM cannot be fitted in an S cross. Why do they have it as an accessory then?

The NEXA booking experience was far from premium and very ordinary. They even charged me 220 INR for using credit card to book the car.
I have the auto IRVM installed in my 1.6 delta. The wire is seen going to the central roof lights just next to it. Got it for free from dealer.
320NmThunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 19:49   #7363
BHPian

Update on My S-Cross 1.3 RPM drop:

My Car was towed to the SC yesterday morning as the RPM kept dropping below 1k on acceleration. I had sent a mail to MSIL/Dealer last night apprising them of the issue with my car. The mail was forwarded to the SC during late afternoon by MSIL.

The Workshop Manager expressed his dissatisfaction about me sending the email to MSIL, more so about the attached pictures of the car on the service floor. He said, that the SA would be fined heavily now. I nowhere blamed the SC in my email.

After the call and email from MSIL, these guys have been on their toes to rectify the problem. So far the problem has been isolated to the wiring harness. The entire wiring harness was changed and we then went for a long TD.

I left the SC after the TD as I was getting late for work. The Workshop Manager told me they will install the original wiring harness into my car to be 100% sure that its the wiring harness that has been causing the issue.

Once confirmed, they will place a order for new wiring harness today or tomorrow. It will take 2-3 days for the new part to arrive, so I will only get the car back earliest by Saturday.

P.S: On asking if they could give me a loaner car, I was told that the SC is new and they are awaiting the 20(10 MSIL, 10 NEXA) loaner cars.

Last edited by sinharishi : 9th May 2017 at 19:52.
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 20:16   #7364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
will be getting the car this week
Great. Looking forward to your delivery experience and some pics

Quote:
Was watching your updates closely since the 1.3 mjd is supposed to be mostly trouble free and good to know the problem source is identified. It seems to me that you might have had a rodent attack. Even if not, I would look at this as a wiring harness failure rather than an engine problem per se. Which specific wiring harness did they replace?
Old 9th May 2017, 21:28   #7365
BHPian

Quote:

The Workshop Manager expressed his dissatisfaction about me sending the email to MSIL, more so about the attached pictures of the car on the service floor. He said, that the SA would be fined heavily now. I nowhere blamed the SC in my email.
Glad to know the problem is diagnosed. As expected the service centre guys don't work until a complaint is raised. Once raised they start pampering us. Don't feel guilty because the SA would be fined. He wouldn't be fined and he was irresponsible in the first case. He'll bring a feed back form after service and insist you to give fully satisfied as a comment. If you complain even in the feedback then they are in trouble. Hoping when problems would be solved without a complaint.
Dani7766 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed