Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2017, 18:58   #7381
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
Oh thanks a lot. I'm happy to keep you entertained...
Please don't confuse 'funny' to entertainment.

Quote:
...The dealership experience I've had is pathetic from purchase to service. Every time I have to call the customer care and get it resolved. Please tell me what's premium about Nexa. Many in the forum have complained it's worse than normal Maruti delaerships....
I talked about 'Maruti' and not Nexa. I read quite a lot about Nexa being un-premium, but then 'Maruti' steps in & resolves one's problem. End of the day, people (including me) love Maruti for this approach. I care two hoots it's a regular Maruti or Nexa as long as my car & issues are taken care of (even if after escalation).

On the other hand, we read about premium manufacturers leaving their customers at the mercy of dealers - atleast with Maruti (Nexa or regular), these are once in a blue moon exceptions.

Quote:
... My tires cracked, my leather steering pealed off. My car vibrates on breaking and not to forget poor breaking. Lights are pathetic. May be all these are Japanese relaiblity.
Wow! Tyre cracking, leather peeling & pathetic lights are "reliability" issues?!

For the first time, I am reading about weak brakes in an S-Cross (assuming you have one), I have only come across good feedback about the all 4 disc brakes on the S-Cross.

Again, I read about wobble on those S-Cross' which have aftermarket alloys installed. Haven't read about the details of your car, so don't want to assume anything - would be happy to get a link to your post(s) if you have already documented these problems & the background.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th May 2017 at 19:01.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 20:31   #7382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Please don't confuse 'funny' to entertainment

Wow! Tyre cracking, leather peeling & pathetic lights are "reliability" issues?!

For the first time, I am reading about weak brakes in an S-Cross (assuming you have one), I have only come across good feedback about the all 4 disc brakes on the S-Cross.

Again, I read about wobble on those S-Cross' which have aftermarket alloys installed. Haven't read about the details of your car, so don't want to assume anything - would be happy to get a link to your post(s) if you have already documented these problems & the background.
Sir, I'm sorry. I don't know how to give you the links, but you could click my profile and view my posts (I haven't posted many, so wouldn't be a problem). I've had my brakes replaced twice and still have vibrations when I brake at speeds above 100. I have stock alloys. I've had my rear axle beam replaced twice because of noise I used to get. Tires cracking and leather peeling within 10,000 Kms are reliability issues in my opinion. My ICE has a mind of its own. I don't want to argue any further. I'm an owner and I'm facing problems and have my opinion. It's not like I'm commenting without having a S cross. I'm neither a Maruti bhakt or Volkswagen bhakt nor a Modi bhakt.
Old 13th May 2017, 21:58   #7383
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, I'm sorry. I don't know how to give you the links, but you could click my profile and view my posts (I haven't posted many, so wouldn't be a problem). I've had my brakes replaced twice and still have vibrations when I brake at speeds above 100. I have stock alloys. I've had my rear axle beam replaced twice because of noise I used to get. Tires cracking and leather peeling within 10,000 Kms are reliability issues in my opinion. My ICE has a mind of its own. I don't want to argue any further. I'm an owner and I'm facing problems and have my opinion. It's not like I'm commenting without having a S cross. I'm neither a Maruti bhakt or Volkswagen bhakt nor a Modi bhakt.
Seems like you've got a lemon- a one off defective piece off the factory line. And since the problems are not too big, but frustrating as an owner, consumer court too cannot help you with the problem. Guess you'll have to live with it :banghead:
Old 13th May 2017, 22:58   #7384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.... I don't know how to give you the links,...
If you see the top portion any posts (highlighted in grey color), there will be a # followed by a number. When you click on it, the link for the post will be ready in the URL bar on the top of the browser. You can copy the link from the URL bar and paste it to link to a particular post.

I have gone through your posts in S-Cross official review thread and there is hardly any info about some of the problems.

My questions:

1. Have you decoded your VIN? I see you found out the location of the VIN.
2. Did the car have any accidents / alignment issues due to running fast thru potholes / boulders etc?
3. Are there more Nexa service outlets in Chennai than where you service your S-Cross?

Quote:
... I've had my brakes replaced twice and still have vibrations when I brake at speeds above 100. I have stock alloys. I've had my rear axle beam replaced twice because of noise I used to get....
Rear axle issue is a recall issue, not sure how did you have to change it twice. Same with brakes, I doubt this is to do with the quality of brakes, but could be due to some other issue.

Quote:
...Tires cracking and leather peeling within 10,000 Kms are reliability issues in my opinion....
These are quality issues. There are lots of Maruti vehicles (including S-Cross) on the forum running on stock tyres and tyre cracks are not too commonly reported. Even if you go for a high end tyre, there are chances it'll burst / crack based on the driving scenarios.

Also, I don't see any pics of these in your posts. I doubt you mentioned the reason for the cracks either or when did you notice the cracks. Such details may help analyzing the source of issues.

Quote:
...My ICE has a mind of its own. I don't want to argue any further. I'm an owner and I'm facing problems and have my opinion...
No one questioned your integrity here. The same way you have your opinion, rest of the members also do. There is nothing personal there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy481 View Post
Seems like you've got a lemon- a one off defective piece off the factory line. And since the problems are not too big, but frustrating as an owner, consumer court too cannot help you with the problem...:
One of the ways to check whether it's a lemon is to crack the VIN. But that doesn't confirm anything.

Consumer court should be the last option. It's a very energy draining, money / time consuming, frustrating affair. Maruti is supporting the owner here, so it makes sense to work with them to see whether these issues can be resolved in full.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th May 2017 at 23:02.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 23:25   #7385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've had my brakes replaced twice and still have vibrations when I brake at speeds above 100. I have stock alloys. I've had my rear axle beam replaced twice because of noise I used to get. Tires cracking and leather peeling within 10,000 Kms are reliability issues in my opinion. My ICE has a mind of its own. I don't want to argue any further. I'm an owner and I'm facing problems and have my opinion.
Sad to hear about your issues. Also I went through your previous posts and you had said that Maruti was very helpful and rectified all the issues. Hope you don't face them again.

Quote:
I'm neither a Maruti bhakt or Volkswagen bhakt nor a Modi bhakt.
Why to get Modiji into this thread?

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 13th May 2017 at 23:26.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 23:31   #7386
BHPian

Quote:
1. Have you decoded your VIN? I see you found out the location of the VIN.
2. Did the car have any accidents / alignment issues due to running fast thru potholes / boulders etc?
3. Are there more Nexa service outlets in Chennai than where you service your S-Cross?

Rear axle issue is a recall issue, not sure how did you have to change it twice. Same with brakes, I doubt this is to do with the quality of brakes, but could be due to some other issue.

Also, I don't see any pics of these in your posts. I doubt you mentioned the reason for the cracks either or when did you notice the cracks. Such details may help analyzing the source of issues.
1. I got my vehicle in February 2016 and I think its a September 2015 manufacturered one.
2.No sir, I haven't met with any accident other than a mini truck banging my rear slight yesterday. I did have alignment issues after my 10,000 Kms service and I sorted it out based on your advice.
3.I think there are two other Nexa outlets, but khivraj is the nearest to my place. I'm put up at Anna Nagar.
Yes rear axle issue was a recall, but I had problems even after replacement and I had it replaced twice. I think even another member had it replaced twice.
4. I don't have pics of the tires but they did have extensive cracks during 10,000 Kms service. I had upgraded it to another model of JK tyres. I had to pay around 6000 rupees for the upgrade. Maruti agreed for it after I raised a complaint. Also the leather steering wrap was changed then.
Quote:
Your post is so ironic and funny!
Sorry even I'm of the opinion that everyone has to talk on the forum. But there are better ways to tell things. I was offended by it. Anyways, I see you are from chennai and I can meet you tomorrow, in case you are free. You can drive my car and comment about the brakes. May be I drive other cars and may be that's the reason to feel the brakes aren't adequate. But the vibrations I face are scary. I'm no expert and will be happy if experts like you can tell me cause.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 23rd May 2017 at 22:41. Reason: Quote edited, please avoid quoting entire large posts. Thanks.
Dani7766 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 01:07   #7387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....I think there are two other Nexa outlets, but khivraj is the nearest to my place. I'm put up at Anna Nagar...
If the current service centre is not able to find the root cause of the issues, it's better to try another centre based on the feedback from other members. Once all the issues are sorted, you could continue with the current centre for all periodic services.

Quote:
....I see you are from chennai and I can meet you tomorrow, in case you are free...
Would love to catch up but I am recovering from an ankle sprain (left ankle = clutch) happened a week back. Can we postpone it to a week later (next Saturday if it works for you)? I'll PM you my number and am put up at Adyar (L.B Road) - Not sure it's going to be close to you. Am not an expert though.

Quote:
...even I'm of the opinion that everyone has to talk on the forum. But there are better ways to tell things. I was offended by it.
Apologize to have offended you - didn't mean it for sure!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th May 2017 at 01:10.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 01:38   #7388
BANNED

Quote:
My tires cracked, my leather steering pealed off. .
Do take image when you are near the car and please post it here.

Quote:
My car vibrates on braking and not to forget poor braking.
Could be issue with the brake pads or may be the rotors need to be changed.

IMHO you'll get claim in warranty and Maruti Suzuki will resolve the issues.

Quote:
Lights are pathetic.
You own an Alpha variant?!
Old 14th May 2017, 03:43   #7389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Do take image when you are near the car and please post it here.

Could be issue with the brake pads or may be the rotors need to be changed.

IMHO you'll get claim in warranty and Maruti Suzuki will resolve the issues.

You own an Alpha variant?!
The leather steering wrap has been replaced under warranty. My front brakes have been replaced twice under warranty.
Mine is a zeta version. I find the projection of light to be poor.

Last edited by Dani7766 : 14th May 2017 at 03:48.
Old 14th May 2017, 04:30   #7390
BANNED

Quote:
No sir, mine is zeta.
You have options like upgrading the bulbs to 100/90W with wiring harness. This is a cheaper option and totally reversible. No splicing of wires.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 10:20   #7391
BHPian

Quote:
1. I got my vehicle in February 2016 and I think its a September 2015 manufacturered one.

3.I think there are two other Nexa outlets, but khivraj is the nearest to my place. I'm put up at Annanagar
Dani I recommend you to take to a regular service station and get it checked. I am not sure if we have a nexa specific service centre in chennai. Even if it is there, I still recommend you to take this to a regular service centre to sort it out . I use khivraj mount road sc. let me know if you need my SA details and I will ping you.

With respect to premium service from nexa- check out whether the following are premium service-

There has been no calls from the service centre for service due reminder.

For the 3rd service which I will be taking it tomorrow , I had called up my RM 10 days back and informed him that my car is due for service. He said I will get a call from service centre shortly which i am yet to get! I called up the regular sc subsequently and fixed appointment for tomorrow . I have received 2 calls in last 4 days reminding me of the service !

Leave the above one and below is the icing on the cake- I called my RM asking about the insurance renewal cost for 2nd year. He passed on the call to their insurance dept and they took the details and said they will call back with the renewal amount etc. It's been 2 weeks and no call received till date and i had gone ahead to renew it outside!

I strongly believe the so called premiumness is only till the sales and post that you are on your own on nexa. The regular showrooms and sc are much better than these nexa outlets.
Ananthc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 12:29   #7392
Distinguished - BHPian

I have bought Baleno and S-Cross from Nexa. My experience has been very good till date. I get reminder calls multiple times for service / insurance renewal etc. Maruti also sends text messages regarding insurance renewal.

This is the message I got today from Maruti :
Dear Customer, Just 1 day left for the expiry of your MARUTI S-CROSS 1.6 Alpha's Maruti Insurance policy. Pl. contact any Maruti Dealer and he will assist you.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 16:29   #7393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have bought Baleno and S-Cross from Nexa. My experience has been very good till date. I get reminder calls multiple times for service / insurance renewal etc. Maruti also sends text messages regarding insurance renewal.

This is the message I got today from Maruti :
Dear Customer, Just 1 day left for the expiry of your MARUTI S-CROSS 1.6 Alpha's Maruti Insurance policy. Pl. contact any Maruti Dealer and he will assist you.
It's more of a hit or miss with NEXA outlets. One of the worst experiences of buying a new car for me has been with NEXA whereas as 3 other friends of mine are very happy with theirs. Notably, all 4 of us have bought the cars from differents parts of the city. The last time I had an issue with my dealership, I was told by one of their ex-SA's that every month there were about 13-14 complaints lodged against them, that's why he left the job. 😐
sunejarahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 18:57   #7394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
It's more of a hit or miss with NEXA outlets. One of the worst experiences of buying a new car for me has been with NEXA whereas as 3 other friends of mine are very happy with theirs. Notably, all 4 of us have bought the cars from differents parts of the city. The last time I had an issue with my dealership, I was told by one of their ex-SA's that every month there were about 13-14 complaints lodged against them, that's why he left the job. 😐
I agree. I am not sure what is missing for the nexa folks to up their service levels to clients. It has to be standard. Nevertheless am happy with the regular service centres and my job is taken care off
Old 14th May 2017, 21:12   #7395
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
I strongly believe the so called premiumness is only till the sales and post that you are on your own on nexa.
Absolutely true and this clarifies the extent of 'premiere service'.

During my S-Cross purchase I had a protracted tug of war with NEXA guys and did interact extensively with most of them viz many RMs, few SMs, TSM and Regional Manager. This gave me a peep into their working culture.

Maruti Suzuki is fairly large establishment in India with a large workforce spanning across country. There could come up some problems in any MASS but believe me the best thing about Maruti for which it has acknowledgedly good customer care service in country that it LISTENS to customers and you can see the different approach after you escalate any wrong thing done by any of its staff.

Staff also tries its best to satisfy the customers though in my case customer satisfaction was not achieved since issue was beyond the purview of staff. IMHO this is crucial prerequisite for good customer service.

Based upon some observations and inquiries I have also formed an assumption that now a days workload has increased tremendously at most of the MASSs, due to which some short cut tendencies are taking place.
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks