Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2015, 17:20   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Great review. Congratulations and Thank You. Ford seems to have got most things right with the Aspire. With that potent diesel and DCT Automatic, hopefully it should continue in the 2nd place behind the Dzire for some time to come.

Disappointing that Ford did not make the DCT AT available for the media drive. Considering the 1.5 + DCT Automatic it is a major USP of the Aspire, that is kind of strange.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 17:23   #17
BANNED

The brakes of the Aspire feel hugely over servoed. Hard braking induces severe tyre squeal. Panic braking on a wet surface would prove very dangerous with the current tyres. Brake modulation is necessary and more importantly hard braking is completely avoidable.

This could turn out to be a major safety issue and so have indicated it here.

Last edited by VeyronSuperSprt : 18th September 2015 at 17:35.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 17:32   #18
BHPian

You made us wait for this review, but I must say it was worth it. Extremely well compiled

Quote:
Apps such as CricInfo, MapMyIndia & Glympse can be used through the system.
Can someone please throw some more light on this? Can the ICE screen be used for say, navigation, or does one have to depend on the good old smartphone screen?
Old 18th September 2015, 17:43   #19
BHPian

Thanks for an excellent review.

Really disappointed to know that the Aspire lacks the 2 things I liked about the Ford of old-
1. Handling
2. Build

However, overall, it looks like a good value proposition and will be interesting to see whether it can consistently sell good numbers.

It might also make a cut into the taxi market soon replacing the old Fiesta/Classic.

At least, to me, Aspire looks to be well received from the market compared to Zest.
Tata needs a miracle
Old 18th September 2015, 18:46   #20
BHPian

The index finger on my right hand just died. A slow painful death. From scrolling through the seemingly endless pictures and mind boggling level of detail in every review Team-Bhp comes up with these days. God help us all! Seriously guys, how do you do this! Never have I read anything that is so detailed yet so unbelievably crisp & to-the-point. Stunning review fellas, of a car that has the right mix of everything to be a strong contender for the compact sedan crown.
Old 18th September 2015, 18:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
The index finger on my right hand just died. A slow painful death. From scrolling through the seemingly endless pictures and mind boggling level of detail in every review Team-Bhp comes up with these days. God help us all! Seriously guys, how do you do this! Never have I read anything that is so detailed yet so unbelievably crisp & to-the-point. Stunning review fellas
Seriously, excellent level of detail. Was definitely worth the loooong wait.

Car looks promising, pricing looks promising,good mileage, decent amount of bells and whistles, beige interiors, powerful diesel, has chrome ...this should sell.

Somehow the hatchback looks better to me, hope they give an option of black/grey interior. I think every car should have that option. Beige is too difficult to maintain for many.
Old 18th September 2015, 18:58   #22
BHPian

Very comprehensive Review guys, 5 stars for sure!

Ford aspire looks like a master stroke from Ford. I hope Ford wont export this car at the cost of local customers.

Seeing the Aspire, I am actually more kicked about what the upcoming Figo hatch would have in store! If the figo doesn't compromise on handling like the aspire did and comes with a fully loaded 6 airbag variant, it would sure be strong a contender for my next car.

Last edited by veyron_head : 18th September 2015 at 18:59. Reason: typo
Old 18th September 2015, 19:16   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

At last the review has come up. The longest i have waited for an official review (next is the TUV300 )

But like every official review, the details make it worthwhile waiting and hats off to the team.

Been in love with the Aspire ever since i TDed the diesel and now eagerly awaiting the Figo launch on 23rd as it would sure be cheaper and hopefully the power remains the same or is lessened by some 10bhp.

Couldn't make a case for compact sedans other than Amaze which had a decent boot-space even though its a CS. The Figo with a foldable rear seat would any day be more practical than the Figo Aspire, though most probably the family would veto going for a hatch again.
Old 18th September 2015, 19:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
The brakes of the Aspire feel hugely over servoed. Hard braking induces severe tyre squeal. Panic braking on a wet surface would prove very dangerous with the current tyres. Brake modulation is necessary and more importantly hard braking is completely avoidable.

This could turn out to be a major safety issue and so have indicated it here.
And I was of the impression that it's an exceptional case because of the TD car. I too felt that the aspire squeals when braking hard, though the brakes do have bite. I thought that the ABS isn't working or something but the SA confirmed it was. I wonder how easy would it be to lock wheels up in a lower variant car.
Old 18th September 2015, 19:38   #25
BHPian

@ Tushar & Aditya
A big thanks to you guys for bringing such a detailed review. I would say that wait for T-BHP Ford Figo Aspire review is really worth. Attention to detail is the strong point of T-BHP's reviews and this also is in line. There is no bias to any feature or manufacturer, if its good its good and if bad then bad. It is more of a review after owning car rather than for pleasing Manufacturer.

Once again thanks to all of you who made this review possible.
aeroamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 20:27   #26
BHPian

Full marks to Ford for pricing it right and an impressive feature list.

I hate the fact that the bonnet lip is in line with the front bumper and the boot lid is in the same plane as the rear bumper. I have lost count on how many times has an impatient biker managed to bump into the rear of my i10.

I really hate compact sedans. Its like a smartphone the size of a tablet. Neither here nor there
I am in absolute minority, the majority are in love with <4m sedans
Old 18th September 2015, 21:08   #27
BHPian

The Figo was known for handling but was let down by lack of power and now Ford has plonked a powerful motor in the Aspire , but extremely disappointing to hear about the mediocre handling.
I was very eager about the Aspire hatch , hoping it will be a perfect enthusiast car, handling plus power, Ford has lost a good opportunity.

Last edited by motorpsycho : 18th September 2015 at 21:09.
Old 18th September 2015, 21:22   #28
BHPian

Awesome review team. As usual a 5 star review.

Although it is the best car in this segment, I fail to get the premium feel of this car. Most of it looks ordinary. Except for the front of course. Wow that sure is classy. I was expecting better fittings and finish for this price. IMO Zest is better, but the TATA brand is pulling it down.

Positives for Aspire
1. Front looks
2. 6 airbags

Negatives
1. Puny tyres
2. Features
3. Evident cost cutting.
AveekKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 21:26   #29
BHPian

Kudos to Tushar and Aditya

Ford has got its act together launching a mass market car that can bring in volumes and change the fact that Ford is a one product wonder. This along with Figo hatchback and the face lifted Ecospsort will give Ford the edge to fight with TATA and Toyota on market share.

Ford might have not designed the car to enthusiast's taste but the focus on safety aspects will definitely be appreciated by the consumers. Also going by the report the ride and handling should still be the best in segment.

The picture of the center console when switched off shows the date as 13/08/2015, which means the car was reviewed on 13th Aug'15 and the review is published after 36 days. This shows the amount of dedication, passion and untiring efforts put in by the moderators to deliver a top quality review. Heartfelt gratitude to the moderators for adding such value to the system.

Few Facts
1. The figo Aspire offers 3 engine/transmission combo along with Zest.
2. The Aspire has the highest ground clearance for a diesel variant.
3. It offers the most powerful engine option for AT
4. It is the cheapest @ 4.90 Lacs with dual airbags as standard (Zest @ 4.88 lacs does not offer airbags)
5. First in segment to offer 6 air bags
6. Offers the highest power/torque combo in its segment
7. Aspire has the longest wheelbase - 2491mm in its segment
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 22:30   #30
BHPian

Good in depth review. it was a similar review like this that helped me choose the figo and EcoSport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks