Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2015, 09:24   #121
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
I don't think it has a power socket in it.
There is no power socket in the dock though there is one in the console below.

The USB port can be used for charging like the way it happens in a laptop?
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 10:29   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Posting some pictures from my showroom visit on 19th.
So have you decided to take the plunge? Grey looks nice

Last night, I discovered a new feature that I didn't know existed.

1. When you approach the locked car, press the remote and open the door, the parking lights come on stay for 15-20 seconds and then turns off. This is without you inserting the key in ignition which is pretty nice

It also has that follow me home lights. Park car, lock the doors and walk away but, the parking lights remain for 20secs or so and gets switched off
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 10:36   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
So have you decided to take the plunge? Grey looks nice
Yes..Finally booked a Ford Figo Aspire 1.5 TDCi Titanium Diesel on 23rd.
The colour is Smoked Grey and expected delivery date is Dusshera (23rd Oct).

Btw..I am expecting to hear from Ford India soon regarding up sizing of tyres and its impact on warranty.
Old 25th September 2015, 10:49   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Yes..Finally booked a Ford Figo Aspire 1.5 TDCi Titanium Diesel on 23rd.
The colour is Smoked Grey and expected delivery date is Dusshera (23rd Oct).
Congratulations

But, why so many days for delivery? I confirmed to Mody at 11:00am, went in demo car to their stock yard in Kompally to select my car. Did my PDI there itself and took delivery at 7:00pm in the evening

If you don't have a specific date for delivery, you just need to insist and can get the delivery done much earlier
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 11:05   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations

But, why so many days for delivery?
Thanks..The smoked grey colour was not available in the current stock and would come next month only. Even though it wud be available by 2nd week of Oct, thought that it would be better to get it on 23rd Oct because of the obvious reason.
Old 25th September 2015, 16:53   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

I was surprised to see there wasn't a tire/wheel upgrade thread for the Figo & Figo Aspire, so I've put one up here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 18:50   #127
BHPian

I went for Figo Automatic test drive. They didn't have one for TD, however they did have an Aspire AT.

The 1.5 petrol is a pretty decent engine, unlike the 1.2 petrol. Though the gear shifts are noticeable, it is not as pronounced like an AMT.

The S mode lets you have a good amount of manual control, but the tiny gear shift buttons mounted on the gear lever make it cumbersome to use. But it would be pretty useful during highway overtaking maneuvers. Within city, it isn't that convenient to use.

Though I liked the AT, the tiny OVRMs and IVRM inspire less confidence while driving. The OVRM shape is odd as it becomes smaller towards the bottom which makes view highly restricted.

Pic from Official review attached for reference

Last edited by dheepak10 : 25th September 2015 at 18:52.
Old 25th September 2015, 20:04   #128

Hi dheepak10

Which showroom did you visit and what price was quoted for the New figo AT?
Old 25th September 2015, 21:57   #129
BANNED

After driving for 500 kms, I would say Aspire is not a corner craver. It's nowhere near Global Fiesta, Old Figo, forget about Linea/ Punto. Aspire badly needs a bigger tire for sure. The only saving grace is that Diesel engine and safety features. The Automatic is good for most purposes, but if you are a spirited driver you would be left disappointed. I'm in love with my Zen more than ever before! Is there any way we can recalibrate the steering to that of Global Fiesta or would it be possible to swap the steering column with that of Global Fiesta?
Old 26th September 2015, 00:38   #130
BHPian

Took out my 1.2 Petrol Titanium+ for a short drive today in a small road normally used by driving schools for training. I got stuck in a dead end and had to do almost 100 metres of reversing. With foot only on clutch and brake, when I started reversing at walking speed, I noticed the car seemed to vibrate a bit more than normal. The vibration stopped when I pulled my foot off the brake. The dealer fitted reverse parking camera's IRVM display was rendered absolutely useless due to the shake. May be an issue with only my car but wanted to check if others have encountered it as well.
jowes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 06:58   #131
Senior - BHPian

This is my first post on t-BHP and I am posting here even before my intro as I have some exclusive photos and my research results.
Here goes.

I have booked a petrol Aspire and it's the base Ambiente model.
Why petrol? Because my running is max 500 km per month.
Why ambiente? I could afford the Trend but after comparing the differences I felt ambiente was more VFM.

Ambiente vs Trend - The differences:
Exterior
1. Front grill - fully silver painted vs part chrome part silver

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20150824wa0034.jpg

2. Side indicators - on the body vs on the ORVM

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20150824wa0033.jpg

3. Strip on the boot - silver painted vs chrome

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20150824wa0037.jpg

4. ORVM - unpainted black vs body coloured

5. Door handles - unpainted black vs body coloured

Interiors
6. Gear knob - plain vs chrome garnish
7. Door handles - unpainted vs glossy black
8. AC dials - plain black vs knurled chrome rings
9. Handbrake tip - plain black vs chrome
10. ORVM Adjustment - manual vs electric

Ambiente vs Trend - What is missing.
Exterior
11. Front fog lights
12. Rooftop Antenna

Interiors
13. ICE - space for 1 DIN system provided
14. MyFord Dock
15. Steering audio controls
16. Glossy paint finish on steering
17. Chrome ring around AC vents
18. Backseat arm rest
19. Rear Power windows
20. Boot lamp
21. Tachometer

The Decision: Ambiente, because
1. Have booked the ingot silver colour so it should look nice as is, but can be upgraded to full chrome - 5000
2. Not an issue
3. Didn't like the chrome here anyway, so the silver body will hide it.
4. and 5. Body colour paint job at the showroom - 2000
6. Not an issue. Better ones available online
7. Not an issue
8. 9. 14. 15. 17. Will buy it later from Ford spares (850 child parts they say)
10. Manual is good enough
11. Showroom accessory - 3000 or within 1000 online
12. From ford or aftermarket
13. Compromise. Good systems available aftermarket for around 15,000 (I'm getting it for free). Ford also offers a 2 speaker system for 13,000
15. Aftermarket steering control available
16. Not an issue
18. Not an issue
19. Compromise
20. Not an issue but maybe a DIY
21. Compromise. Have lived without it so far, but maybe a future install if possible

So the difference is mostly cosmetic, exceptions being the rear power windows, tacho and the ICE (this is what gives the interiors that character, in my opinion)

In summary, trend is not worth the difference of 1 lakh. Most of those things can be added for around 50,000

Mods: I tried to place the images along with the relevant text but that's not happening. Can u fix that please.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20150824wa0035.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20150824wa0036.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20150824wa0038.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20150824wa0039.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th September 2015 at 08:24. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please stick to the rules!
samaspire is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 07:54   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your car! When I first saw the pictures, I thought it was a white one, and only upon reading your post realized it is Ingot Silver. In the last picture (showing the boot) what is the colour of the car to the right of yours - is it Smoke Grey? Both silver and grey appear lighter than I thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I have booked a petrol Aspire and it's the base Ambiente model. I could afford the Trend but after comparing the differences I felt ambiente was more VFM. Ambiente vs Trend - The differences
Thank you for detailing the differences between these two variants, they often tend to be ignored as the focus is usually not on the entry model.

Quote:
10. ORVM Adjustment - manual vs electric
10. Manual is good enough
Owning a car that has manual ORVMs, don't you see this as a pain point? Granted, I don't adjust them often, but when I do, I'm swearing continuously for the 30 seconds it takes me to do it.

Quote:
Mods: I tried to place the images along with the relevant text but that's not happening. Can u fix that pls
At the bottom left of your post, there's a small 'exclamation' icon - you can report your post to the mods and they'll do the correction required.

Welcome to Team BHP, and do read up the rules, which also covers how to upload and embed photos, etc. at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...e-posting.html
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 08:17   #133
Senior - BHPian

Thanks arunphilip.
Your first impression was right. This is a white car. I had clicked these at the showroom. In the last pic, the one on the right is ingot silver. In the first pic, the one on the right is smoke grey. My car is yet to be delivered. Something about fixed allotments and only one base model per month.

Regarding the ORVM - coming from an Alto Lx any internal adjustment is good btw we have a skoda rapid in the family and even that has manual adjustment ; )
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 10:35   #134
Senior - BHPian

Another thing regarding the on road price. I got my quote from Cauvery Ford Mangalore.
Ex-Showroom price + road tax + handling charges 9500 + 3rd and 4th year Extended warranty + ford preferred insurance 22,000 + bank charges 316 + essential kit 5100

Handling charges:
very high. Quotation states that if we do registration personally then 3500 has to be paid as handling charges. For the difference of 6000, the SA said that it is the cost of registration, agent charges, etc. I inquired with the same agent and his charges are 2000. Savings : 4000

Insurance
Ford has 4 insurance providers: bajaj allianz, royal sundaram, iffko Tokyo, United india (?). They allot them cars on rotation. I tried getting insurance directly from their sites. Bajaj rates are same. Iffko did not have aspire as an option. United site did not go through. Royal Sundaram called back and quoted 15,800 with additional benefits of 24x7 roadside assistance + unlimited claims in a year without affecting NCB + 2 lakh insurance for co-passenger + daily allowance. Cashless claims as they have tie up with ford india. But no insurance on key fob. Savings : 6000. Maybe more for higher models

Bank charges might be waived as it was meant for registration DD.

Essential kit
Includes mud flaps + fabric floor mats + fabric boot mat. The prices for which total to 4200 according to the ford site. The SA says it also includes the polishing that they do before delivery.
I plan to take just the mud flaps. The fabric mats will stink in our coastal weather - so either a noodle mat DIY or 3d mats from eBay for 1950. DIY for the Boot mats.
Instead planning to get the reverse sensors for 2900. But even this seems overpriced as sensors with display are available on Flipkart for 900. Might still go for the company accessory as otherwise it might effect warranty.

Total savings: atleast 10,000

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th September 2015 at 11:09. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
Old 26th September 2015, 14:17   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Another thing regarding the on road price. I got my quote from Cauvery Ford Mangalore.
Ex-Showroom price + road tax + handling charges 9500 + 3rd and 4th year Extended warranty + ford preferred insurance 22,000 + bank charges 316 + essential kit 5100

Handling charges:
very high. Quotation states that if we do registration personally then 3500 has to be paid as handling charges. For the difference of 6000, the SA said that it is the cost of registration, agent charges, etc. I inquired with the same agent and his charges are 2000. Savings : 4000

Based on quote provided to you, I would recommend to work out with your dealer for getting new quote. I am also in process of finalizing deal for TDCi Titanium + in Bangalore and have received much better quote from my dealer. FYI! 3 year warranty is given as complimentary. Handling charges are at INR 6250. Insurance quote (zero dep) from Royal Sundaram is at 24K including all benefits you mentioned, saving of 13K from dealer quoted zero dep insurance rate. Dealer is having no issue in myself taking insurance from outside and just needs cover note before sending car for Registration. With saved money you can look for more accessories if planning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks