Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:24   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
The Ford Aspire might be offering 6 airbags but I am assuming the not solid build quality will result in the crumple zone extending to the cabin just like a Maruti or Honda.
It's not the sheet metal thickness that decide the safety of a car. And it's not right to generalize Honda and Maruti as unsafe cars. Honda City for example has a safety rating of 5 inspite of the thin sheet metal used. I'm not sure why people still link sheet metal thickness with safety.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:33   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
It's not the sheet metal thickness that decide the safety of a car. And it's not right to generalize Honda and Maruti as unsafe cars. Honda City for example has a safety rating of 5 inspite of the thin sheet metal used. I'm not sure why people still link sheet metal thickness with safety.
Real world crashes tell a different story compared to crash tests. We have seen so many Euro/American cars in the accident thread go through severe accidents without severe injuries to occupants.

All this despite Euro/American cars selling in low numbers in our country. Considering the large numbers in which Japanese cars are sold, we must be seeing/hearing similar survival stories which we don't.

I might be wrong/pre judiced whatever but I am entitled to have my beliefs and unless there is credible real world evidence of Jap cars' occupants coming out of severe shunts without injuries.

The crash tests simulate only a few probable scenarios and the speed tested is quite low.
Let's stop the discussions on build quality before the mods step in.
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:54   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Toyota don’t offer the same on vehicles like the ~30 lakh Fortuner.
What does come as a surprise is that Toyota have started to offer airbags even on base variants of their cheapest cars in India. I don't understand why the top end of their portfolio offers pretty much the same and nothing more.

Quote:
Black flexi-flap is a speed lip to deflect air away from the underbody and reduce drag. It can also deflect small stones and debris.
Interesting. The few cars that I have seen this with, they are mostly displaced from their mount as a result of probably hitting something.

Quote:
14 inchers look very small on the car
Total spoiler.

Quote:
Reversing and indicator lights sit in the white section of the flower petal shaped cluster
Is there a reverse lamp on both tail lamp clusters?

Quote:
The inward contouring of the dashboard combined with the low seat will have taller drivers giving the Aspire a thumbs up
Very similar to what they did with the old Ikon dashboard. If you were sitting as a front passenger for the first time in a Ikon, it felt a little strange with almost no dashboard in front of you. It did give the passenger a sense of space.

Quote:
As is the case with the exterior design of the car, no aspect has been overdone.
Absolutely. Now if only the rims sizes could be sorted.

Quote:
The fuel gauge and tachometer occupy the same real estate,
Could have very well split the real estate occupied by the fuel meter and added engine temperature as well.

Excellent review.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 23rd September 2015 at 14:55.
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:23   #109
BHPian

I took a very short TD. Here is what stuck out vis-a-vis the petrol Fabia I own.

*Good responsive engine.
*The vanity mirrors are flimsy.
*There is too much beige.
*The Fabia has a more-solid handbrake.
*In fact, the Fabia has a double-decker passenger-side glove box, which I haven't seen in many cars.
* The front console lights--well, again the Fabia has better ones. And this Fabia is five years old.

Small things and I don't post them to point out dealbreakers, but just feel there has been some cost-cutting in this car.

On the other hand, I am wondering about the TUV 300--just not sure how many niggles and body quality I will have to put up with.

Many thanks for the review.
Old 24th September 2015, 16:15   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

I have driven the Aspire for about 400kms in last one week. Iam thoroughly enjoying the car as its quite powerful and loves to be driven spiritedly

Yet to cross the 2200RMP mark (100kmph comes up at 2100RPM) Have done roughly 110kmph top speed until now and feels super planted at this speed.

Redline is little more than conventional diesel cars (it's 5000RPM viz-a-viz 4500RPM of most cars) so Iam hoping the top-speed should be 180kmph

Yet to complete my 1st tankful, MID for DTE is showing a range of 640kms ( 35 Liter Tank) and FE figure throws up 16kmpl in 100% city conditions with 100% AC.

So is that a good or bad FE?

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th September 2015 at 16:51. Reason: Grammar
mobike008 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 16:25   #111
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have driven the Aspire for about 400kms in last one week. Iam thoroughly enjoying the car as its quite powerful and loves to be driven spiritedly

Yet to cross the 2200RMP mark (100kmph comes up at 2100RPM) yet, Have done roughly 110kmph top speed until now and feels super planted at this speed.

Redline is little more than conventional diesel cars (it's 5000RPM viz-a-viz 4500RPM of most cars) so Iam hoping the top-speed should be 180kmph

Yet to complete my 1st tankful, MID for DTE is showing a range of 640kms ( 35 Liter Tank) and FE figure throws up 16kmpl in 100% city conditions with 100% AC.

16 looks good for a new car with AC in city conditions. It should go up only from here unless driving style changes
tez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 16:33   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Yet to complete my 1st tankful, MID for DTE is showing a range of 640kms (35 Liter Tank) and FE figure throws up 16kmpl in 100% city conditions with 100% AC.

That is great FE figures that you are achieving in the Aspire. And 16 kmpl by 'your' driving style is great too. If I drive it'll give me 18 kmpl or more, may be!

I know your Aspiring it to give better figures but do wait till 1000 kms / first service. Things will change in terms of FE and performance. Enjoy the car!

PS: When is the review coming? What name have you given to the car BTW?

Last edited by a4anurag : 24th September 2015 at 16:35.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 16:55   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
And 16 kmpl by 'your' driving style is great too. If I drive it'll give me 18 kmpl or more, may be! ?
Haha! Yeah I like to gun an engine

Quote:
I know your Aspiring it to give better figures but do wait till 1000 kms / first service. Things will change in terms of FE and performance. Enjoy the car!
Iam perfectly happy with 16kmpl. Your forgetting, Iam coming from 11kmpl FE figures

Quote:
PS: When is the review coming? What name have you given to the car BTW?
Ownership review not anytime soon. Maybe in a month or so...
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 17:27   #114
BHPian

Went for a TD of Aspire with my friend and oh my god The Diesel variant was in a total mess. Looks like the doors were closed for 20-30 mins and the moment we opened the door - It stinked so much that we had a sense that we are going to puke. Someone has had some shit in their shoes and got into the car and did not noticed it and kept that shit baking in the car with doors closed... It was so disgusting that we came without any TD, the RM immediately ordered one of the floor guy to take it for complete washing and requested not to name the dealer

We just had a look at the interiors in the display car in the passenger seat and the glove box area were so soiled, I wonder how it will be maintained at a house where there are kids and pets who travel in the car

Last edited by PetroTurbo : 24th September 2015 at 17:30.
Old 24th September 2015, 18:58   #115
BANNED

Have anyone found a way to install front arm rests ( any related threads) ? Any help to get 3D mats in black would be appreciated. My car just entered the workshop for getting blackened, in another 5 days it will be back.
Old 24th September 2015, 22:43   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
No matter how much people are praising the car, after a short test drive of the petrol 1.2 at cauvery ford yesterday I felt that Ford had missed an opportunity here. The engine was lackluster and the interior panel somewhere near the steering console was already rattling and the quality was nothing to speak about. The diesel may be a gem of an engine but for people like me whom are looking at petrol options it really was a dissapointment. And after watching videos of the Ka plus I am feeling that Ford has just shorchanged us.
Exactly how my wife and I felt after TDing the 1.2 petrol - we never gave it a second thought.

The funny thing is that when the SA calls me the next day, asking for my decision and I told him that the engine was absolutely a deal killer, his reply was, "Sir, this is a new car and hence driving a bit slowly. Once you drive it more at higher speeds, the pickup will improve"

On the other hand, the new Figo 1.5 automatic is well in my budget of 8lacs OTR and I will be going for a TD tomorrow. If i'm really impressed, then I can choose to live with the tiny OVRMs

Last edited by dheepak10 : 24th September 2015 at 22:46. Reason: editing for continuity
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 01:35   #117
BHPian

Just a quick question w.r.t to ICE.

1) In the accessories list, there is a GPS & Rear View Camera Display on IRVM. Is this accessory only compatible with the Titanium+ variant? Also, how & where does the GPS unit get installed?
http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Sa...erlay-takeover

2) In the Titanium AT variant, I can see that the 4.2" screen from the Titanium+ variant is replaced by a dock. Can I plug in and power a 6.2" Blaupunkt Navi HU in that space or it is merely a dock sans power?

Or let me put it more clearly. Is there is way to achieve a well-integrated navigation solution without a separate screen sticking out like a sore thumb?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-fordfigoaspire49.jpg  

Last edited by ashwin489 : 25th September 2015 at 01:48.
Old 25th September 2015, 07:18   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Very encouraging figures !!! When the break in period is done, it should touch 18 hopefully..

Posting some pictures from my showroom visit on 19th.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20150919_174156965.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20150919_174204924.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20150919_174224333_hdr.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20150919_174235228.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th September 2015 at 10:21. Reason: Merging posts. Please use edit button to add content if posting within 30 minutes. Thanks!
dpkbehera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 07:41   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
Just a quick question w.r.t to ICE.

1) there is a GPS & Rear View Camera Display on IRVM. Is this only compatible with the Titanium+ variant? Also, how & where does the GPS unit get installed?
2) In the Titanium AT variant, I can see that the 4.2" screen from the Titanium+ variant is replaced by a dock. Can I plug in and power a 6.2" Blaupunkt Navi HU in that space or it is merely a dock sans power?
Dear ashwin489,
1) GPS unit is mounted where the IRVM is held
2) That docking station has a charging port and it can accommodate a 6.2 " mobile phone, don't know about Blaupunkt.
I keep my phone plugged in there and use it as a navigation device.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 07:54   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
2) In the Titanium AT variant, I can see that the 4.2" screen from the Titanium+ variant is replaced by a dock. Can I plug in and power a 6.2" Blaupunkt Navi HU in that space or it is merely a dock sans power
6.2" is a big no. My 5 inch phone fits horizontally not vertical. The dock has USB and aux. I don't think it has a power socket in it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks