Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2018, 13:12   #1606
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Changing the motor has fixed the problem. But I think they had issues with the 1st replacement and had to go for another one
Does changing the motor require the dashboard to be opened up?
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 13:47   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Yes. They took 2 extra days to eliminate sounds after fitting the dash back. Do that risk is there.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 13:58   #1608
BHPian

I just completed 33000km/4th service for my Aspire 1.2L (P). Total service cost Rs.3374/-.

Very happy with the low maintenance cost which Ford had promised at the time of purchasing the car in Dec 2015.

The cost incurred apart from regular service this past 2 years and 8 months of ownership was replacing the battery. That also was replaced at a very low cost than the actual MRP of the battery by Ford since I had the extended warranty coverage.

A happy customer!
sameer sultan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 15:53   #1609
BHPian

Got my Aspire Petrol 1.2 2nd year service. Total kms covered were 19k.

Car was serviced at PPS Ford at Kondhwa, Pune. This is a new service centre that has opened up after Planet Ford shut down. They had offered me free pick up and drop service. I wanted to check out their facility, so drove their myself. They have a nice setup with good staff. I was explained in detail what would be done during the service. Total cost service cost, Rs.5300. I had opted for free drop post service. Overall a good experience. Though after reading other posts here, looks like I spent more on my service.
Old 21st August 2018, 16:20   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
Got my Aspire Petrol 1.2 2nd year service. Total kms covered were 19k. Total cost service cost, Rs.5300. Though after reading other posts here, looks like I spent more on my service.
Second year service (20K km svc) is expected to cost around 4.5-5K. The service cost estimate from Ford also shows the same. So, you can't compare it with the cost of 30K km svc and claim it to be costly. But, yes a couple of hundred bucks could have been saved.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-ford-service-cost.jpg  

samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 20:58   #1611
BHPian

I am not complaining. Just stating what the bill amount was. I own a Polo too and compared to the 8k to 12k that I pay for it's service every year, I am definitely happy with Ford prices
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 03:14   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
I am not complaining. Just stating what the bill amount was. I own a Polo too and compared to the 8k to 12k that I pay for it's service every year, I am definitely happy with Ford prices
Ford service is every 10K Kms where as VW service is every 15K. VW uses synthetic oil whereas Ford use mineral oil. Cannot compare both.
Ford is cheaper by some.thousands but the rich and premium feeling a VW polo/vento gives is unmatched. So the few thousands we pay to maintain our German buddy is justifiable.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 11:01   #1613
BHPian

I got the headlight assembly in my 2016 Aspire replaced under warranty during service last year due to the fading of the reflectors. Now it is just a year and again even the replaced ones are showing the same signs. I have already read such posts earlier in this thread that even the new ones face the same issue. Has it been resolved now? Do the new batch of reflectors have better life?
I am going to leave my car for 20K service tomorrow and want to know if it makes sense to replace the reflectors again under warranty or just leave them as it is.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 11:20   #1614
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Has it been resolved now? Do the new batch of reflectors have better life?
My Aspire, which was manufactured in October 2017 does not show any such problems. I have used the headlights for 50% of the time and till date there no such issue. I hope they have worked upon it. I will suggest you to go ahead and change the reflectors since they are under warranty.
_nitink_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 17:23   #1615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
The Figo D service is a li'l more expensive than Ecosport D? And the Fiesta D's is same as Ecosport D!!

That's crazy to have the Figo to be more expensive than a car which costs almost twice. For Fiesta, it's very reasonable rates - how I wish the car had not flopped!

PS : Just realized I was looking at the previous Figo's rates. The current gen is a little cheaper than Ecosport.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 24th August 2018 at 17:25.
Old 29th August 2018, 18:28   #1616
BANNED

A small update. I took my car to the service centre (Dwarka Ford, Dwarka, Delhi) due to following reasons:
- vibrations and a weird noise at 1000-1500 rpm.
- cabin sensor noise
- excessive road noise
I gave them the car around 11am and got it back at 2:15pm. I appreciate the quick response. The odo reading was 8049kms.
The vibrations are gone, and the car runs smooth. The sensor has been ordered and will be here in a week. The SA, Mr Rohit was friendly and kept me informed about each and every thing which was going on in my car. However, they did not acknowledge high road noise. I feel I need to write to Ford for this matter. Everything else is fine. With each and every passing day, my love for this beast grows to a next level.

Last edited by _nitink_ : 29th August 2018 at 18:29.
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 20:12   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
- vibrations and a weird noise at 1000-1500 rpm.
- cabin sensor noise
- excessive road noise
What is cabin sensor and noise?

Did you enquire what was the reason for the vibration at 1000-1500 rpm? Was it only in 1st and 2nd gears or in all gears?
Old 29th August 2018, 20:15   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
If i remember right, there were reports of the ambient temperature sensor going kaput before which it makes some kind of humming noise when the ignition is turned on. This is replaced in warranty for most cases. The reports can be found in the same thread if you search the older posts.

I too would be very interested to know the reason for vibrations and noise in the 1000-1500 rpm range.
Old 29th August 2018, 22:19   #1619
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

Did you enquire what was the reason for the vibration at 1000-1500 rpm? Was it only in 1st and 2nd gears or in all gears?
The SA said it is from cabin sensor. I suspect it to be the ambient temperature sensor. It is located on the lower left side of steering wheel.

The SA did not share what was causing the vibrations and the sound. He told me that TBS(technical bulletin service) has been performed on the car and it is ok now. The vibrations were present on between 1000 to 1500 rpms in every gear as well as when in neutral. To be precise, they were noticed around 1300 rpm. They were only observed while acceleration or engine breaking.
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 06:22   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
However, they did not acknowledge high road noise. I feel I need to write to Ford for this matter. Everything else is fine.
What is the make of your tyres? If it's MRF, then it's definitely because of the tyres. I recommend you to write immediately to Ford India and your tyres will be replaced under warranty, since it's below 10k kms.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed