Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2018, 23:59   #1516
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Relax guys. In all likelihood, it's the last batch of the current version. Facelift coming soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Guys chill, it is just a sign of the facelift version's production starting I suppose
Sorry if it sounded otherwise, but my post actually was about the upcoming facelift only. That would turn me and other Aspire owners into Gen1/pre-facelift Aspire owners, and hence the concerns that I listed.

But like all good things, this one too needs to be made better. We'll have to swallow the bitter pill and welcome the facelift with arms wide open.
Avalanche2409 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:38   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche2409 View Post
Sorry if it sounded otherwise, but my post actually was about the upcoming facelift only. That would turn me and other Aspire owners into Gen1/pre-facelift Aspire owners, and hence the concerns that I listed.

But like all good things, this one too needs to be made better. We'll have to swallow the bitter pill and welcome the facelift with arms wide open.
I don't think you would have to be so worried, as it looks like a really tiny update over the existing model. From the spy pictures, it looks like the front and rear bumpers, the grill and the touch screen on the inside sum up majority of the changes for the diesel variant.

For the gasoline variant though, the new much more powerful 1.2 Dragon engine might make the current owners feel a little cheated, but then even they can feel better as the 3-cylinder dragon would probably not match the 1.2 Ti-VCT engine's refinement.

This update is definitely not as comprehansive as the one the Ecosport received.
aravind.anand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 01:41   #1518
BHPian

I am due to take delivery of my Aspire Sports Edition next week. The car has already reached the dealers stockyard. I guess they just drove it down from the Sanand factory to the Gandhinagar showroom 30 kilometres away

I like the looks of the current gen Aspire and as I am not sure whether the facelift will come with a Sports Edition right away, I guess I should pick this one up. Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20180321_120046.jpg  

rahul4321 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 06:36   #1519
BHPian

If you like the looks and overall package, go ahead. Mechanically the facelift would be same except few changes including infotainment system.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 08:50   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
I am due to take delivery of my Aspire Sports Edition next week. The car has already reached the dealers stockyard. I guess they just drove it down from the Sanand factory to the Gandhinagar showroom 30 kilometres away

I like the looks of the current gen Aspire and as I am not sure whether the facelift will come with a Sports Edition right away, I guess I should pick this one up. Thoughts?

If it's the sports variant you are interested in, this is the time. It's not mandatory that the facelifted version will come in the sports variant. It might come a little late or might not come at all.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 08:52   #1521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post

The Sports does make a difference as speeds increase compared to the non Sports edition. It holds well to the road and and is quite stable at high triple digits and corners can be taken confidently.
That is the main difference in drive when it comes to the Sports edition.
I don't think the new Aspire will have a Sports version right away.
If it's just looks that you are looking at, I would say wait for the new Aspire. If it is driving pleasure, go for the Sports at present.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 15:16   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when the facelift Aspire is going to be launched.
In the market for a car and cannot wait longer than a month.
Old 26th March 2018, 16:53   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Ford Aspire in its current form has rolled off the production line to make way for the facelift.
Link
Old 26th March 2018, 16:54   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Any idea when the facelift Aspire is going to be launched.
In the market for a car and cannot wait longer than a month.
Since the current gen productions ceased now, facelift is just around the corner. Should not take more than a month for the facelifted car to make its way to the showrooms.
Old 26th March 2018, 17:23   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Since the current gen productions ceased now, facelift is just around the corner. Should not take more than a month for the facelifted car to make its way to the showrooms.
Didn't get any clear indication from the dealers.
But definitely will wait, as I have an 2016 Ecosport and a change in interior is always welcome.
Old 29th March 2018, 11:12   #1526
BANNED

Hi guys, I need to top up the engine oil of my Petrol Aspire. The booklet says 5W 30 or 5W 20. Which is better and kindly suggest a good brand for the same. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd April 2018, 18:48   #1527
BHPian

Thank you everybody for your inputs, thoughts and suggestions.. I went ahead and bought home the Sports Edition.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20180331wa0001.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20180331wa0004.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20180331wa0011.jpg  

rahul4321 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 10:10   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post

This update is definitely not as comprehansive as the one the Ecosport received.
Will there be an update on Figo as well, since we can expect Freestyle shortly? Or just only Aspire?
Old 3rd April 2018, 12:52   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Will there be an update on Figo as well, since we can expect Freestyle shortly? Or just only Aspire?
Logically, since the Aspire gets a facelift, Figo should also get a similar facelift. And since the Freestyle is diectly based on the Figo, it is just all the more certain.
aravind.anand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 13:33   #1530
BHPian

Today Freestyle website went live and I found sunblind as an accessory which I hope we all could use provided dimensions are exactly similar to Aspire/Figo.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-sunblinds1250x630.jpg  

Thilak29 is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks