Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2017, 14:36   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Got delivery of my 1.5D Titanium yesterday.
Congrats on your new ride mate! No customary delivery day pics..?
Old 24th August 2017, 14:48   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on your new ride mate! No customary delivery day pics..?
Thanks mate. Actually I got delayed and delayed in the traffic and was at least a couple of hours late for delivery. So hardly had any chance to click pics. I am depending on dealer for soft copies of delivery pics.
Panko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 08:00   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
WARNING: The glovebox hinges are prone to breakage due to bad design.

So, please be careful with it as Ford will not replace it under warranty, if broken, even though they should, considering its a clear case of bad design.
This hurts.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170821_152905.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170821_152901.jpg

This is the new glovebox for Figo and Aspire. Notice that the design of the hinges has been changed. I feel vindicated

This was in all cars at the Showroom and I assume this has happened recently. No one there has noticed the change and Ford had not informed them either.

This could only mean that Ford knew the old design was prone to breakage and they still denied me a replacement. Idiots.
samaspire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 09:20   #1369
BHPian

Haha Sam...you are official Team BHP designer for Ford Aspire. Great observation.
Panko is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 19:28   #1370
BHPian

Last week I didn't get to drive the car. I just turned the key after a 6 days gap and I got this warning (as attached)

Purchased the car last April and done 5k KMS. First service was done as per schedule.

There are no further issue or warning shown. Car is running fine. But every time before starting, this error is being shown now.

Edit :- Checked all the fluids, namely Engine Oil level, Coolant and brake fluid reservoir.

They all looks fine within their top level marker. Except Hydrolic Clutch related thing, as I am unable to locate anything for that in my engine bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-photo_20170827_184423.jpg  

Last edited by NaXal : 27th August 2017 at 19:40. Reason: Added few more details
Old 27th August 2017, 20:49   #1371
BHPian

Mine too had the same message for some days. Car is just 5k kms and 5 months old. BHPian Blackbandit suggested me this which worked.
Just long press the MID stalk when the message appears which will turn off the message. The message doesn't appear till the car is due for service again.
kptraveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 20:56   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Last week I didn't get to drive the car. I just turned the key after a 6 days gap and I got this warning (as attached)

Purchased the car last April and done 5k KMS. First service was done as per schedule.

There are no further issue or warning shown. Car is running fine. But every time before starting, this error is being shown now.

Edit :- Checked all the fluids, namely Engine Oil level, Coolant and brake fluid reservoir.

They all looks fine within their top level marker. Except Hydrolic Clutch related thing, as I am unable to locate anything for that in my engine bay.
You need not worry. It's just a periodic service reminder that can be reset by a simple long press. And for some unknown reason it crops up in an untimely manner in the figo.
blackbandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 16:38   #1373

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post

Hi NaXal,

I too got a similar message last week around 5900 Kms. I own an Aspire TDCi Titanium - service manual prescribed next service due is 10,000 Kms. I tried out what blackbandit had suggested:
1) Switch on the ignition
2) Wait for the 'Serv On' indicator to appear
3) Press the Brake & Accelerator Pedal simultaneously
4) Depress the 'Mid' stalk for a few seconds
5) "OFF" will be displayed on the LCD Screen
6) Switch off the ignition and wait for a second
7) Switch on the ignition and the 'Serv On' error / notation will not re-appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
You need not worry. It's just a periodic service reminder that can be reset by a simple long press. And for some unknown reason it crops up in an untimely manner in the figo.
Thanks a lot black bandit for this workaround - it works. I have given detailed process to NaXal on how to overcome 'Serv On' issue, vide my other post.

I guess we T-Bhpians (Actual Users) can compile better FAQs than what the Service manual offers and have them shared with Ford so that this proves handy for other users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
This is the new glovebox for Figo and Aspire. Notice that the design of the hinges has been changed.
Hi Samaspire,
I have a March 2017 Figo Aspire TDCi. Your sharing is an eye opener and I now need to check if the new design is applicable to mine as well.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th August 2017 at 06:49. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Yasasri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 22:23   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine showed up 1500kms before the service which i guess is a fair time before the service for a reminder [showed up at 8500 for 10,000kms service]. Also if you reset it does it remind you at the correct time for the service as in if you reset it at 5900kms as it is incorrectly displaying the reminder does it come on again at say 9000kms or 9500kms for the 10k kms service?
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 10:58   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Also if you reset it does it remind you at the correct time for the service as in if you reset it at 5900kms as it is incorrectly displaying the reminder does it come on again at say 9000kms or 9500kms for the 10k kms service?
Only you and others who have got reminders at odd times can comment on this. Mention your observations in tbhp once you reach the 10k mark or whenever you get the next reminder. As of now I am not sure if you'll be getting it at 9k or much later.
blackbandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 15:40   #1376
BHPian

I have also got this service reminder at 5K+ km on the odo. Now the odo reads 7K+ and I have not reset it thinking that it might not come back at all when it is actually due to for service. Moreover, I thought of resetting it during my second service next month.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 19:01   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only you and others who have got reminders at odd times can comment on this. Mention your observations in tbhp once you reach the 10k mark or whenever you get the next reminder. As of now I am not sure if you'll be getting it at 9k or much later.
That is the weird part. I thought mine was ok since it was 1500kms before; i thought it was pretty normal and did not bother!! Let me check when is the next reminder going to come on.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 08:08   #1378
Distinguished - BHPian

A close pal is in a downgrading path as he sold his 3-series due to heavy maintenance costs and bought a new XUV W10 and drove that for 2 years and 35,000kms and continuously used to complain to me that he felt it's like an elephant to use inside city besides the increasingly parking issues

We had gone out for dinner together a month ago and he drove my car and instantly fell in love with it and said he will sell the XUV and buy the Aspire

I thought he was kidding but, he called me last weekend and said he is taking delivery of an Aspire and surprisingly in same color as mine and asked for my advice on tyre change so I suggested the ones I have, Yokohoma Earth 1

This is the 3rd Aspire in my close circle in same color
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-file8-1.jpeg  

mobike008 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 12:22   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
...I thought he was kidding but, he called me last weekend and said he is taking delivery of an Aspire and surprisingly in same color as mine and asked for my advice on tyre change so I suggested the ones I have, Yokohoma Earth 1

This is the 3rd Aspire in my close circle in same color
This is my favourite colour too! Good to see the Aspire/Figo being picked up by more people. Mobike008, apart from your circle, your ownership review has helped in decision of many others as well!

Did he up-size to 15" alloys? What is the size of those tyres? These ones are filling out the arches quite well.

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th August 2017 at 13:12. Reason: Excluding emoticon from the quoted post
jetti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 13:11   #1380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
This is my favourite colour too! Good to see the Aspire/Figo being picked up by more people. Mobike008, apart from your circle, your ownership review has helped in decision of many others as well!
Thanks. It's kind of you to think that my ownership helped others to purchase the Aspire.

Hope none of them are disappointed with their decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Did he up-size to 15" alloys? What is the size of those tyres? These ones are filling out the arches quite well.
He asked me advice only for tyres. But, I see he changed alloys too. Well, those look stock sized alloys as there is still significant gap in wheel arches

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th August 2017 at 16:00. Reason: added "Sized"
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks