Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2017, 09:02   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Anybody having problems with the bonnet opening lever?

Mine feels loose and I have to pull it a long way to open the bonnet. It has also come out a couple of times which was clipped back in at the service centre. I feel that the cable has stretched a bit, making it loose.
The hood release cable is made of stainless steel and it certainly has almost nil elasticity. So the cable stretching out cannot be the problem. However, you can open the hood and check for play in the way the cable is clipped onto the opening lever.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 10:33   #1427
BHPian

What is the bounce back feature of the power windows?

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171019_100450.jpg
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 10:47   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post

Attachment 1687285
It seems to be anti-pinch feature where any obstruction (hand or any other object) while rolling up windows will cause them to roll back down automatically.

Does Aspire have anti-pinch feature on all windows?
My City have it only on the driver side.

Thanks.
Old 19th October 2017, 10:50   #1429
RWD
BHPian

Quote:
Bounce back feature is a safety feature, which prevents from anything getting trapped between the window glass and the frame, while the window is being rolled up. It stops the closing action at the point of resistance, and rolls down again to release the object. Mainly useful to avoid accidental injuries to body parts.
Old 19th October 2017, 11:30   #1430
BHPian

It mentions that the feature has to be enabled for each window. This means that all windows have the anti pinch feature. Will check this out practically and report.

Looking out for a good quality fabric seat covers. Any pointers?
Old 20th October 2017, 16:02   #1431
BHPian

Had first highway outing with my Diesel Aspire. And that too for 800+ KM. The speed was constantly around 80-90 KMPH on fifth gear with very less use of break and clutch. AC was on for 2 or 3 level for most of the journey. The FE returned was astonishing. It was around 30. Never got so much of efficiency with Fiesta.
Panko is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 19:51   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Had first highway outing with my Diesel Aspire. And that too for 800+ KM. The speed was constantly around 80-90 KMPH on fifth gear with very less use of break and clutch. AC was on for 2 or 3 level for most of the journey. The FE returned was astonishing. It was around 30. Never got so much of efficiency with Fiesta.
Even my car returns close to this FE but only when the speed is restricted to below 90 kmph.

BTW, did you test it through the tankful method or did you go only by the MID. Also, if you tested it by tankful method, what is the difference between the one that is displayed in the MID.
Old 20th October 2017, 20:31   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasu View Post
I don't think Aspire has this feature on any of the windows. Not too sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
The FE returned was astonishing. It was around 30.
That is fabulous FE The best I have got on highways, on the MID, is 25 with 5 adults, 2 kids, boot 70% full at speeds between 90-100, AC on at blower speed 1. Never cared to check via tankful method.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 23:01   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
BTW, did you test it through the tankful method or did you go only by the MID.
I only went by the MID. Honestly, I didn't expect higher FE, since it had run only for 1500 odd KM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
That is fabulous The best I have got on highways, on the MID, is 25 with 5 adults, 2 kids, boot 70% full at speeds between 90-100, AC on at blower speed 1. Never cared to check via tankful method.
So you managed to get this FE on almost the full load. Now that is terrific.

Last edited by ajmat : 20th October 2017 at 23:31.
Panko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 07:30   #1435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasu View Post

My City have it only on the driver side.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
I don't think Aspire has this feature on any of the windows. Not too sure though.
Aspire has it on the drivers side window since it has the auto roll up/down function.
I doubt if the other windows will have it.
tharian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 12:42   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Aspire has it on the drivers side window since it has the auto roll up/down function.
Checked in my Aspire (Trend variant), it has this feature on drivers side window. No other window has this feature.
CrazyToDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 18:02   #1437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Checked in my Aspire (Trend variant), it has this feature on drivers side window. No other window has this feature.
I tried it on my Aspire Ambiente and viola - it works (Tried only the driver side for now). I don't think this was a marketed feature. Really Ford??

This brings up the question: how many other features are there in the car that are yet to be discovered.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 18:11   #1438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I tried it on my Aspire Ambiente and viola - it works (Tried only the driver side for now). I don't think this was a marketed feature. Really Ford??
The description in the screen shot provided looks to be for a variant with all 4 auto up-down function windows which is not there on any Aspire/Figo variant here in India. If you read the full instructions (steps 10-11) it states in the end to test if the window rolls up/down automatically. I think what this is referring to is the one touch up-down feature of the driver side window. I have seen this being done at the service center. One customer complained about the one touch up-down not working. The SA rolled up the window and held it for a few seconds. After that it started working fine. When I had left my car for service, it came back with this feature disabled. Since I had seen this fix, did not drive back to the service center and fixed it myself. So I am assuming the description provided is to enable this feature after the battery is disconnected and reconnected to the car.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 24th October 2017 at 18:14.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 10:30   #1439
BHPian

Anyone installed the woofer shown in the official accessories list? What is the cost and how/where it's installed? While the sound quality is decent, I miss a little bit of tight thump. I find Old figo 's system better in this regard. I don't want to mess with the wiring and warranty hence looking for the official one.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 23:09   #1440

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
Did you ever get a Survey call from Ford India? Also, I have seen that Ford customer support is getting better and I have been able to get good help from them when required. I do suggest to mail them at custmail@ford.com. They will take up your case with dealership.

I got service calls each time. I have completed 3rd service; once I gave 8 out of 10 over phone to Ford India in a segment(probably cleaning), next day got a call from SA asking me if they can help me for upgrading my poor rating. The survey call was in detail and seemed effective.

Last edited by bblost : 3rd November 2017 at 23:22. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks