Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2017, 18:41   #1321
BANNED

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
I visited Cauvery Ford, Koramangala, Bangalore today to buy wheel lug nut for my Ford Aspire. The guy who did my rotation last time probably messed it up and it would not open easily.
Hi jowes,
It is not due to fault of technician. Aspire has poor quality wheel nuts. I have already replaced 4 nuts. I have given a complaint to Ford India. In my experience of owning cars over two decades, I never had to replace wheel nuts. I have kept 4 nuts and 4 bolts in boot as standby.

Regards,
The Rationalist.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 22:05   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
I am in same situation
Thanks for highlighting.

Just to update, I have noticed a similar issue with a friends Brio. Though that is running very old blades. Like yours, 2/3 year old blades.

That friend of mine suspects the issue being difference between cabin and outside temperature. However, I have doubt because I have used my wipers in similar condition before without this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak
Yes Aspire blades leave mist and squeaking sound!! Mine will be 2 years this September
Sadly mine didn't last that long. This problem started within 3 months of purchase of this new car.

I haven't received any reply here, hence I have not yet changed the blade and I am waiting for some guidance as how to solve this issue.

By the way, that squeaking sound some time comes if the windscreen has wax layer in it or the car is washed with some wax based shampoo. Not sure if this is the case with yours.
Old 17th July 2017, 22:37   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Thanks for highlighting.

I haven't received any reply here, hence I have not yet changed the blade and I am waiting for some guidance as how to solve this issue.

By the way, that squeaking sound some time comes if the windscreen has wax layer in it or the car is washed with some wax based shampoo. Not sure if this is the case with yours.
You should get your windshield polished by a reputed detailer. The mist/ smudge that occurs is due to road grime, wax, hard water spots etc.
It is extremely annoying at night.
New wipers will not eradicate this.
I polished my old Figo windshield last October, till now I haven't faced the mist/smudge.

It costed me about 600 /- from a local detailer using some Italian products...We don't have 3M center In Goa. It is really worth it if done properly.
Sorry for going OT.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 17th July 2017 at 22:39.
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 08:47   #1324
Senior - BHPian

My Aspire Sports diesel is due for the 2500 kms service. I have done close to 2800 kms now.
What is done at this service, is it a proper service replacing consumables or just top up?

Also, I understand it is a free service. Is there anything to be paid for otherwise.
Clarifying so the Service Center don't try adding things that are not required.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 09:45   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
My Aspire Sports diesel is due for the 2500 kms service. I have done close to 2800 kms now.
What is done at this service, is it a proper service replacing consumables or just top up?

Also, I understand it is a free service. Is there anything to be paid for otherwise.
Clarifying so the Service Center don't try adding things that are not required.
You are actually overdue for service.

It's just an inspection and wash that might take about 30 minutes. But it is advisable to spend those 30 minutes hovering and getting to know the service guys. Will hold you in good stead for the future.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 09:49   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
You are actually overdue for service.

It's just an inspection and wash that might take about 30 minutes. But it is advisable to spend those 30 minutes hovering and getting to know the service guys. Will hold you in good stead for the future.
It is the same service center I used to give my previous gen Figo to.
I know the chaps , however since it is a new car, they may still try their marketing.

Yes, it is overdue. I had to do a 700 kms trip , hence crossed the mark.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 10:38   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian
I was pitched for paint protection + under body treatment for first service and I was told nothing else was required. They would top up fluids if and where required.

However, I skipped paint protection + under body and went with an engine oil and oil filter change.

Although as per manual, the engine oil change is not required but due to old habit of running in process, I have done the oil and filter change.

There is no harm in changing the oil.

But the Ford ASC given engine oil isn't that good. I am told by the SM, that they use Castrol oil. I wonder at Rs. 1200/- (for oil), I must have got lowest end castrol mineral oil. I am not happy with it and I really doubt if this oil is meant to last 10k kms.

If I have to run this oil, that is if Ford doesn't allow me using other out side oil without voiding warranty, then I guess I may follow a 5k kms oil change interval with this.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 13:19   #1328
BHPian

5000 km interval is too early. I feel 7500 km would be ideal for changing the engine oil, given the pollution level in our cities, even though OEM specifies 10000 km interval.
Old 20th July 2017, 13:29   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy
5000 km interval is too early. I feel 7500 km would be ideal for changing the engine oil, given the pollution level in our cities, even though OEM specifies 10000 km interval.
I am choosing 5000 kms because this is right between two service interval points and I wont have to pre-pone or postpone my schedule service with 5k kms oil change interval.

As I have said, its about liking the feel of the oil used. Since Ford offers 1L kms warranty, who am I questioning them with Ford ASC given oil. But I don't like the driving feel (engine noise/harshness/vibration/performance etc) of that oil compare to Mobil 1 or such better fully synth oil.
Old 4th August 2017, 19:01   #1330
BHPian

Possible Tyre replacement for cars shod with mrf tyres

More info here
blackbandit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 17:50   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
I am choosing 5000 kms...

As I have said, its about liking the feel of the oil used. Since Ford offers 1L kms warranty, who am I questioning them with Ford ASC given oil. But I don't like the driving feel (engine noise/harshness/vibration/performance etc) of that oil compare to Mobil 1 or such better fully synth oil.
Our fellow BHPian auto_enthusiast has got used oil of his Aspire analyzed after 10000 kms. Oil still had life left even after 10000 kms.
Here are the results.
Old 12th August 2017, 23:33   #1332
BHPian

Well...after experience of owning Old Fiesta and considering the ultimate value for money it offers in the market, I took the plunge and booked Aspire 1.5D Titanium. Booked it in Silver. But I liked the red a lot. Refrained from it due to low resale value.
Panko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 00:17   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Well...after experience of owning Old Fiesta and considering the ultimate value for money it offers in the market, I took the plunge and booked Aspire 1.5D Titanium. Booked it in Silver. But I liked the red a lot. Refrained from it due to low resale value.
Welcome to the family.
Even I bought the Silver for the ease of maintenance but would there really be a significant difference in cost based on the colour?

How come you didn't go for the sport?
Old 13th August 2017, 08:00   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Welcome to the family.
Even I bought the Silver for the ease of maintenance but would there really be a significant difference in cost based on the colour?

How come you didn't go for the sport?
Thanks Sam. I have found that red colour is generally difficult to sell. I wanted to go for Sport. But family's preference for beige interiors tilted the deal in Titanium's favour.
Old 13th August 2017, 08:51   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Thanks Sam. I have found that red colour is generally difficult to sell. I wanted to go for Sport. But family's preference for beige interiors tilted the deal in Titanium's favour.
I suggest you go for the Option pack and get the 6 airbags - would keep the family safe and give you peace of mind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks