Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2017, 14:48   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
My brother owns a Ford Aspire petrol variant. He was complaining mediocre performance of the petrol engine particularly in city driving condition. Is there a way to improve the performance by some tuning? If so, is there anyone in Bengaluru who can do the tuning?
Petrol motors were and continue to be the weak link for Ford. They are very bland and nowhere as fun as the earlier 1.6 Duratec which was a gem of an engine. If your brother is willing then he has to go for a free flow exhaust which is calibrated well and better air filter to improve the low end torque slightly. Remap is an option but for Naturally aspirated engines the gains for the money that you spend will be very less. I guess there are members here who have tuned their Figo petrol (previous gen) who may chip in with their inputs.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 13:50   #1232
Distinguished - BHPian

Global NCAP Crash Test of the Aspire Rates it 3-Stars

Global NCAP Crash Test of the Aspire Rates it 3-Stars

Name:  20170306 1.png
Views: 5110
Size:  248.4 KB

Quote:
ADULT OCCUPANT: The protection offered to the driver and passenger’s head and neck was good thanks to the airbag. Driver’s chest had weak protection and passenger’s marginal protection. The car does not have seatbelt pretensioners. The front passengers’ knees could impact with dangerous structures in the dashboard like the trans-fascia tube. The bodyshell was rated as unstable and it was not capable of withstanding any further loadings.

CHILD OCCUPANT: The child seat for the 3 year old child was unable to prevent excessive forward movement during the impact. The recommended CRSs did not show incompatibility. The installation instructions on both child seats were insufficient and not permanently attached to the seat. The vehicle was equipped with a passenger airbag but it could not be diasbled in order to prevent high risks of injuries when installing a rearward facing CRS.
arunphilip is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 14:54   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Fuse tapping guide for the Figo/Aspire
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...cessories.html
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 11:08   #1234
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-Topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
...My budget : 7 to 8 lakhs
Usage : Primarily city but I would love to explore new places with family on weekends and holidays

Prime requirements:
1. Excellent or atleast fair suspension as I live in a locality which has worst roads.
2. Easy to maintain and reliable (very ver imp, burnt my pockets with the palio)
3. Front and rear adjustable seat headrests
4. ABS, EBD, Rear wash and wipe mandatory
5. Value for money.
6. Enjoyable drive
7. Space (we are a family of 5 + 1 dog) The dog hates to travel in car and bike though....
Looking at the requirement, especially the last one, Ertiga might fit you well in almost all counts, may be except the budget. If you are OK for a pre-owned one, might fit your budget well. Any 5 seater vehicles will not fit your space criterion (unless you have a PUG) .

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd March 2017 at 11:11.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 00:36   #1235
BHPian

Hello,

Ever since I have started reading team-bhp, I remember, I have seen quite a few posts, where welcoming a new vehicle somehow gets your membership approved. Call it a coincident but same has just happened to me also.

Today, I find my membership approved and call from my dealer, that my Silver Aspire Titanium 1.5D just landed in their stock yard.

I did a quick PDI at their stock yard (armed with team bhp PDI guide) but unfortunately, due to a slight drizzle, I couldn't click any pictures (sadly my phone is not water proof).

Points that I noted

Not in any specific order though
  • Being storage yard, it was muddy condition and since the car was unloaded right before I arrived, nothing was fitted (Antenna, Alloy Caps, etc) .
  • Dealer was reluctant to send to me to their yard and wanted to bring the car in the showroom but I pressed hard not to, and wished to do PDI at their storage place.
  • oddo standing at 5km
  • Since the car wasn't washed and parked in such open yard, I was unable to check paint quality but naked eyes couldn't notice anything odd (including under body)
  • There was virtually no fuel. I mean the DTE was showing like 6kms.
  • VIN checking form Ford Website indicated build date being March 02nd 2017.
  • It was the first time ever, I heard this 1.5D engine clutter with a dead cold engine, and it sounds surprisingly low/soft from out side (compare to the Test Drive vehicle, which used to sound very harsh/rough)

Car is scheduled to go for Registration on Monday.

Over all a very happy day for me, double joy, as the car has arrived plus I get to write my first post (will be a memorable one) at Team Bhp.

Thanks
NaXal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 08:11   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Hello,

Ever since I have started reading team-bhp, I remember, I have seen quite a few posts, where welcoming a new vehicle somehow gets your membership approved. Call it a coincident but same has just happened to me also.

Today, I find my membership approved and call from my dealer, that my Silver Aspire Titanium 1.5D just landed in their stock yard.

I did a quick PDI at their stock yard (armed with team bhp PDI guide) but unfortunately, due to a slight drizzle, I couldn't click any pictures.
"Kitni shiddat se tumhe paane ki koshish ki hai...
Ki har zarre ne mujhe tumse milane ki saazish ki hai..
Kehte hain agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaho...
toh saari kayanath tumhe usse milane ki koshish me lag jaati hai..."

It's no coincidence that you got both on the same day - tbhp is linked directly to the car delivery Gods

Welcome to the family. Wish you a wonderful time with your Aspire.

Silver was a very good colour choice. Couple of things:
1) If possible, do another PDI once the car is presentable - for minor dents / paint defects.
2) plan for a tyre change immediately on delivery. Shouldn't cost you more that 5-7 thousand.
3) don't buy the floor mats - its useless for coastal weather. Take just the free Driver side mat.

- Sam
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 10:04   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire
Welcome to the family. Wish you a wonderful time with your Aspire.
Thanks for the welcome.

Mind you, your ownership thread (along with so many others) were in my bookmark for long, and my time spent on your thread started to increase with finalization of Brand, Model and last of all color.

Once it was finalized, I spend quite a long with your thread and pictures. Specially the dealer yard pictures of yours helped me a lot on color selection.

Off Topic, I kind of agree with your son, as he speaks my heart, Indian traffic and road, that JCV would have been better choice to bring back home.

Quote:
1) If possible, do another PDI once the car is presentable - for minor dents / paint defects.
Planning to do so, but there are few issues. As my parents (for different reasons) are hell bent not to store the car in showroom.

Mom thinks no one should stare before Puja, while dad, being into cars for years, wishes me to avoid my car being used in showroom as display unit (rightly so).

The dealer yard is a good 30 kms from their service station and further 20-25 kms is their showroom, so allowing Ford dealer drivers to drive back and forth is something I wish to avoid. On top, my RTO from showroom is also a good 30 kms.

I am told now days RTO pays visit to showroom for registration verification, I am yet to confirm as what will be the case for me.

So will have a word with dealer today as what would a workable plan.

Quote:
2) plan for a tyre change immediately on delivery. Shouldn't cost you more that 5-7 thousand.
Stock tyre is Apollo. I shall speak with few nearby tyre dealers but I don't have much idea on tyres, my preference is kind of hard compound tyre, since I wont drive enthusiastically but I will visit mountains and rural areas.

I read some ownership thread here, where owners are happy with stock (Ford) MRF lasting 40k kms but I am now bit confused with my VIN coming with Apollo.

Any suggestion will be helpful.

Quote:
3) don't buy the floor mats - its useless for coastal weather. Take just the free Driver side mat.
Tried to reduce that 3k while my bargain session, but it was (that so called essential kit) included as "Free Gift", so take it or leave it policy, dealer wont budge to reduce further 3k.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 17:45   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once it was finalized, I spend quite a long with your thread and pictures. Specially the dealer yard pictures of yours helped me a lot on color selection.
Good to know that someone is reading my review

Quote:
I shall speak with few nearby tyre dealers but I don't have much idea on tyres, my preference is kind of hard compound tyre, since I wont drive enthusiastically but I will visit mountains and rural areas. Any suggestion will be helpful.
This thread should help: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ghlight=Aspire

Also check out mobike008 and espraveen's threads.

Quote:
Tried to reduce that 3k while my bargain session, but it was (that so called essential kit) included as "Free Gift", so take it or leave it policy, dealer wont budge to reduce further 3k.
See if you can take something else instead - parking sensors? But don't go for any of those chrome fittings. I have seen them peeling off in cars at the service centre.

And in OTHER NEWS:

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170326_104136.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170326_104347.jpg

Glovebox Light
samaspire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 16:04   #1239
BHPian

Hello people,

Test drove the Aspire yesterday and I found the ORVM to be too small for a car of this size. It could have been a size or two larger. While driving in heavy traffic, I found it very difficult to manage with those extra small mirrors. Any of you faced similar issue?

Cheers
R-Six
Old 28th March 2017, 17:11   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Test drove the Aspire yesterday and I found the ORVM to be too small for a car of this size. It could have been a size or two larger. While driving in heavy traffic, I found it very difficult to manage with those extra small mirrors. Any of you faced similar issue?
Vertically it is sufficient but the width should have been more to show more of the traffic behind. This specially is a problem when you're taking a U-Turn or merging into traffic and need to see for vehicles that are coming in the same lane as the one you want to merge into. It is a real pain in these situations.
abhinav.s is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 11:06   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s
This specially is a problem when you're taking a U-Turn or merging into traffic and need to see for vehicles that are coming in the same lane as the one you want to merge into.
I have approx 50/60 kms drive total with Aspire. All done with TD car of various dealers and I would agree on both points.

1. Didn't face much issue with crawling city traffic, but indeed merging into a lane is bit difficult unless the mirror is adjust in a really outward manner.

2. For U turn, I turned my head for checking rear traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six
I found the ORVM to be too small for a car of this size
Talking about being small, as I am nearing my delivery date, I can definitely remember the pain of taking RPM reading from the instrumental cluster!

DZire meters are so perfect for that split second glance to take those minute RPM change readings.

Being a diesel, in anyway, the RPM range is small, so in case of Aspire, noticing the those smaller changes, (like between 2k RPM to 2.5RPM) is a real troublesome. One (in my case at-least) has to really take his eye off the road and focus in the meter to get that reading.

For day to day driving, frankly, its not at all a big issue, one would not require this info, but for a new vehicle, while under run in period, I can imagine the pain I am about face.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 14:11   #1242

Coolant leakage in my Aspire Automatic about a month ago. Fixed under warranty. Coolant refilling cost me about 1000/-. All good now.

Long story:
I was about halfway on my 20km commute to office when the engine started sounding harsh. After a few seconds the engine temperature indicator turned on. Parked and turned off the engine immediately. Luckily found a good parking spot too. Looked at the manual to understand what the light meant and what to do next. Made a few phone calls to friends/family/garage/colleagues and decided to call Ford Roadside Assistance. A flat-bed tow truck arrived in a couple of hours. Vehicle was towed to nearby service center and kept for diagnosis/observation. Received the vehicle after four full days. Diagnosis was a loose clamp. The service center guys refilled with water and asked me to come again after driving for 150km to confirm that the issue has been resolved. The fluid level did go down after that, but nothing alarming this time. Refilled with proper coolant in the follow up visit. I have been monitoring the levels since then. Looks all fine now, with the level being stable between max and min indicators.

Now that I think about it, I think I missed connecting the coolant issue with a longer-than-usual running of the radiator fan the night before. I wondered why the fan noise wasn't going away even after idling for the usual time (~10 seconds).
seekay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 14:18   #1243

Quote:
Over all a very happy day for me, double joy, as the car has arrived plus I get to write my first post (will be a memorable one) at Team Bhp.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Good to know that someone is reading my review
Your reviews are quite popular Samarth. Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Hello people,

Cheers
R-Six
Happened to notice a Nissan Sunny yesterday. It also has a small ORVM. Swift/Dzire ORVMs are humongous in comparison. Anyway, I have gotten used to it now. In spite of the small size, I have managed to get scratches on both ORVMs.
seekay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 16:36   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekay
Congratulations!
Thanks.

Quote:
I have managed to get scratches on both ORVMs.
Unfortunately, they are used like buffer, to prevent some bikers or cyclist scratching the body.

Doesn't matter small or large, bikers end up brushing the ORVMs in signal.
Old 1st April 2017, 08:18   #1245
Distinguished - BHPian

My cousin picked up the Ford Aspire Titanium TDCI in Ahmedabad after a couple of weeks of frustrating wait as the top-end Titanium plus had even longer wait

He got a sweet deal of 8 Lakhs on-road that included a free reverse camera plus navigation system (that's what he mentioned not sure what it actually means as I haven't seen any pictures of same)

Besides above, he also got 15K exchange offer (though he didnt sell his Honda City to them,he needs to show prove that he is actually selling his car and buying the Aspire) so essentially the car costed him 7.85 Lakhs. Such an amazing deal for this car !!!

He too coincidentally chose the same color as mine

Trivia : He visited the Sanand factory and mentioned Ford manafactures each Aspire in "22 Minutes" and it gets manafactured only in Sanand whereas, Ecosport is built in Chennai Factory
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_9478.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st April 2017 at 08:22.
mobike008 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks