Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2016, 17:28   #1096
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Hello Dear Aspirants (could not think of a better name sos orry for that)
I am in process of finalizing the purchase for Aspire Titanium + (Diesel)
The possible color option I am looking at is either oxford white or ingot silver

i am waiting for the december discounts to come in, test drove the vehicle and loved its engine , interiors, brakes
I did find the gearbox little rubbery and slotting was not good, hence had the below questions

1. Did anyone else find the gearbox to have a similar feel
2. What discounts shall i bargain for in december
3. Does ford provide driver side floor mat
4. There are posts which say the Titanium + has better audio quality than Titanium, is this true

Thanks for reading
Old 10th November 2016, 20:58   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
i am waiting for the december discounts to come in, test drove the vehicle and loved its engine , interiors, brakes
I did find the gearbox little rubbery and slotting was not good
=====
Thanks for reading
1. The gearbox does not feel as smooth as a Volkswagen or a Hyundai but it is no slouch either. It does slot into gears very well with a little bit of rubbery feel. But having come from my Punto, I feel Aspire's gearshift is far better.
2. Two months ago, the max I could get was reverse parking sensor and seat cover as freebies. But since you would be purchasing a 2016 model at the end of the year, you could try asking for bit more of a discount. But I guess the sales executive would be giving the same lame excuse that Ford has already slashed the prices recently.
3. Yes, driver side mat is part of the car. But if you are planning to pay for the essential kit (floor mat and mud flaps), let me tell you, there is no floor mat for the fifth passenger at the rear.
4. No idea about Titanium+.
Old 11th November 2016, 02:12   #1098
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I took a longish TD of the Aspire a few days back. Just after it's launch I had visited the showroom but couldn't get a proper TD. Just one word to describe the Aspire-brilliant.

1. It's the first spacious Ford I have experienced in India. I could seat comfortably with 3 people at the back and surprisingly had more than adequate legroom.

2. The interiors felt good on the titanium variant. No complaints there.

3. The Diesel engine is mind blowing. Drivability is terrific which is very imp for me and the way it picks up speed is amazing. The gear shift wasn't as good as say a Honda/VW/MS but not as bad as a Fiat. It's slots in with a bit of a rubbery feel, frankly I have no complaints.

4. Unfortunately many people have criticized the Aspire for its handling. Agreed it's not as good as the old figo/classic but it's not as bad as the criticism it receives. I found the car planted on the highway plus it didn't loose its composure during high speed lane changes.

5. Ground clearance is decent but it did scrape on a big speed breaker with 5-passengers on Borade. But normal speed breakers were tackled with ease.

I am thoroughly impressed. I might be adding a diesel hatch to our garage in 2017 and the figo Diesel is a strong contender. The only problem I have with the Figo and Aspire is the lack of a 15-inch rim even on the titanium variants. These 14-inch wheels look tiny. I hope they give some option of 15-inch rims by the next year.

When it comes to the sub-4m sedans I have recommended the Zest diesel to a lot of friends and relatives. Now the enthusiasts have a choice of the Aspire. Kudos to Ford!
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 07:09   #1099
BHPian

Hi Asit
I totally agree with you. While people are busy complaining it is not a good handler they are comparing it with fiesta. But for a person like me coming from Hyundai stable this is a far decent handler with a fairly responsive steering wheel.
Honestly I did not find the pull drift compensation tech working that well on steering. Also if you change the tyres to Yokohama Earth1 with 185 patch it will make quite a difference. I can say so because it really did change the road mannerisms of my i10.
shridhar.s.i is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 10:52   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
While people are busy complaining it is not a good handler they are comparing it with fiesta. But for a person like me coming from Hyundai stable this is a far decent handler with a fairly responsive steering wheel.
I haven't driven a Hyundai before, so I don't know about it. But when I was driving my Aspire in the Chennai-Bangalore highway I was already missing my Punto's HPS. The EPS of Aspire definitely makes life easy in city conditions and is not bad at all in highways too. But if given an option, I would still prefer the feel of an HPS out on the highways. May be, I am spoiled by the usage of my Punto for 5 years
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 14:39   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Did anyone else find the gearbox to have a similar feel
Surely it does not feel as good to use as the i10's gearbox, but it's only a matter of time you get used to it..

Quote:
2. What discounts shall i bargain for in december
Probably Free Insurance, Reverse parking sensors(audio), Mud Flaps and if you can, push for free 3rd/4th/5th year warranty.

Quote:
3. Does ford provide driver side floor mat
The floor mats provided by Ford are useless. They are too small and little hard to maintain. Better to invest in 3d mats.

Quote:
4. There are posts which say the Titanium + has better audio quality than Titanium, is this true
Thanks for reading
I felt that the Titanium+'s system sounded clearer than the lower Titanium's system and of course it has far superior features, which I am sure you are already aware of.
skanchan95 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 16:55   #1102
BHPian

Don't know whether it's posted earlier or not but just now saw a Aspire diesel 'taxi spec' variant in white colour. I was in a hurry so didn't see it in detail. Some of the missing features were : No power windows even at the front, no wheel caps, only driver side air bags and I guess central locking too will not be offered. Though it had passenger side ORVM. It's aimed squarely at the over growing cab aggregator segment and competes with the DZire tour Hyundai Xcent, etc.
Old 17th November 2016, 17:12   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Don't know whether it's posted earlier or not but just now saw a Aspire diesel 'taxi spec' variant in white colour. I was in a hurry so didn't see it in detail. Some of the missing features were : No power windows even at the front, no wheel caps, only driver side air bags and I guess central locking too will not be offered. Though it had passenger side ORVM. It's aimed squarely at the over growing cab aggregator segment and competes with the DZire tour Hyundai Xcent, etc.

There are many Aspires being used as cabs in Hyderabad. I have seen white as well as grey colored ones. In a way It's a good sign. If it is being used as a taxi it means that it is economical to run and dependable
Old 17th November 2016, 20:00   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
There are many Aspires being used as cabs in Hyderabad. I have seen white as well as grey colored ones. In a way It's a good sign. If it is being used as a taxi it means that it is economical to run and dependable
What I meant to say was that till now the lowest variant available for the Aspire was the Ambiente variant but now it's available in the base variant as well. The features which I have compared here are with the Ambiente variant.

BTW, I myself own a Aspire diesel and it's being used as a taxi Needless to say, its fairly economical to run. Can't comment on the maintenance part though coz the car has run just 12-13k kms but expect it to be reliable.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 17:04   #1105
BHPian

Hello all, this is my first post to the forum. I am also a proud owner of Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Trend variant in Ruby Red. Thanks for excellent review by Tushar and other members of the forum who helped me with my decision.
Got the car in Aug 2016, already completed 8000k on odo. Daily commute of 60 kms Home-office- home and occasional trips on Pune Mumbai expressway.
Getting FE between 15-16 kmpl with 100% ac on.
Satisfied with the performance
CrazyToDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 10:53   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Does Ford make really poor quality reflectors for the Aspire?
Can you guys please check your reflectors to see if you have any damage like this towards the top of the reflector bowl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Have already informed the service centre. They have asked me to visit on 2nd after all the holidays. That's 2 days into my 2nd year - just hope that warranty covers it.
Had shown this to the service centre. They clicked photos and sent it to the company. I called them today to inquire about any updates, and I was informed that they would be replacing my headlights.

- Sam
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 11:36   #1107
BHPian

Figo and Aspire are now coming with ABS from Trend variant. Ford showrooms have it in their price list. The updated brochure confirms it. Good move which should have been the case from the start. Trend doesn't make sense now anyway as the price difference with Titanium is too low.
theredliner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 19:13   #1108
BHPian

Did a DIY- Installed armrest in my Aspire- No drills, no holes

Ordered "Auto Pearl- Universal Big Car Armrest Center Console Hand Rest - Beige Chrome" from Amazon for Rs.999/-
Ford Aspire : Official Review-armrest.jpg

Assembled the armrest as per instructions on the box. Easy job.
Aspire has 2 screws at the bottom of last bottle holder. Fixed the armrest to these screws.

Checked for any rattles. No noise.
No hindrance in operating the handbrake.

Beige color suits the interior as well.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-p_20161102_090112_bf.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-p_20161102_090037_bf.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-armrest2.jpg
CrazyToDrive is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 11:02   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Nicely done. Glad to know that you did not have to drill any holes. Could you please post a close up picture of the spot where you fixed the armrest using the screws. I would like to see if something similar can be done on my Figo.
Old 23rd November 2016, 11:35   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post

Ordered "Auto Pearl- Universal Big Car Armrest Center Console Hand Rest - Beige Chrome" from Amazon for Rs.999/-
Attachment 1577650

Assembled the armrest as per instructions on the box. Easy job.
Aspire has 2 screws at the bottom of last bottle holder. Fixed the armrest to these screws.

Checked for any rattles. No noise.
No hindrance in operating the handbrake.

Beige color suits the interior as well.
Attachment 1577652

Attachment 1577651

Attachment 1577653
Nice! Will check if it is available in black which would suit my Figo. Best part is no holes to be drilled and no interference with the Handbrake.

Can you post pics of the screw location where it should fit? Also, how comfortable it is during the drive, the armrest is coming at a reasonable good height with respect to the gear lever?

Thanks!

Edit: When I check out on Amazon, there are different options available with car models (Swift, Duster, Polo etc.) Which one did you choose?

Last edited by teemus : 23rd November 2016 at 11:38. Reason: added text

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks