Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2016, 01:43   #1051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Beautiful Quote. Although I'd sacrifice mileage for more power any day.

I also wanted to mention that the semi-synth oil isn't that great, but Ford doesn't leave us with a lot of options. In my case, I wasn't happy even with a 7500KM drain interval and going forward, I'd probably be sticking to a 5000KM oil change interval. My short commute to office is partly to blame (6km either way), but I'd have seriously liked the option to switch to fully synthetic without losing my warranty.

I have a Figo 1.5D and I've a really, really short commute (hardly 6 kms up and down) to office too as you've just mentioned here ! Lifetime running would be 80-85% highway and the rest within the city, though ( weekend drives are mostly Highway drives)

How bad would a short daily commute (5 working days a week) be for the life and the running ?
Old 7th October 2016, 07:55   #1052
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
I have a Figo 1.5D...
How bad would a short daily commute (5 working days a week) be for the life and the running ?
Nothing to worry about the short commute, if you seriously follow the 1-2 minutes idling rule just before beginning your commute. As mentioned, you frequently hit the highways and it would give the engine opportunity to spread its legs.

Don't know about this engine, but ford mentioned to keep the RPM at about 3-3.5 k rpm for 20-30 seconds once a week to clear off the soot from the exhaust system in the last generation figo. One must do this only when the engine is warm enough. Do check your quick guide/service manual for this.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 7th October 2016 at 07:57.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 13:11   #1053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
..the semi-synth oil isn't that great, but Ford doesn't leave us with a lot of options. ...but I'd have seriously liked the option to switch to fully synthetic without losing my warranty.
Doesnt the service centre stock fully synthetic oil? Usually they'll be happy to get done for the customer because of the better margins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
...How bad would a short daily commute (5 working days a week) be for the life and the running ?
If this is a traffic-free road, then it'd ideally take around 4-5 kms just to warm the engine to the ideal temperature. Bumper to bumper traffic causes more wear & tear to the components and a bit more stress & heat and hence it's suggested to use synthetic oil. I wouldn't say it can harm so much than regular highway driving as long as you keep the car well maintained.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 19:00   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Doesnt the service centre stock fully synthetic oil? Usually they'll be happy to get done for the customer because of the better margins.

I wouldn't say it can harm so much than regular highway driving as long as you keep the car well maintained.

No, they don't have fully synthetic oil at all, and there doesn't seem to be any synthetic oil that's freely available in India that meets Ford's spec (WSS-M2C913-C).

I think the stress increases by quite a lot in city traffic, especially on short commutes, because the maximum wear and tear occurs during startup and when the engine hasn't reached its operating temperature. Add to the fact that highway driving involves far fewer cumulative engine revolutions per KM than city driving (80KMPH @ 2000 RPM) vs (30KMPH @ 2000 RPM) means that just sticking to 10000 KMs interval will require the same oil to lube far more engine revolutions, than if the car were to be driven on the highways.

This is exactly why premium cars come with Condition based service indicators, which take into account the actual usage pattern to recommend when the engine oil needs to be changed.
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 00:15   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
No, they don't have fully synthetic oil at all, and there doesn't seem to be any synthetic oil that's freely available in India that meets Ford's spec (WSS-M2C913-C).
.................................................. .........
A little OT but as i was researching about mobil delvac 1 for my diesel ciaz, i happened to check out for compatible mobil oils for Ford as well as for my ciaz.

My ciaz recommends 5w30 ACEA A5/B5 in the manual, the only oil i could find was Mobil Super™ 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30. If you check the specifications it also meets Ford WSS-M2C913-C as well.
http://lubes.mobil.com/AP-English-LC...FE-5W-30.aspx#

Since its listed on their India website it should be available in major metros and since your in Bangalore it would be easier for you to source it.

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 9th October 2016 at 00:19.
rambo1o1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 12:10   #1056

Re: Extended warranty for 4th and 5th year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
Finally I had a sweet ending to the issue of extending my 3rd year warranty to 4th and 5th year. The dealer was not ready to adjust the 3rd year EW (offered free in offer) against cost of 5year EW.

I followed up with Ford CC and they agreed to adjust the cost. They even had a con-call with the dealer to explain the same to him. I really appreciate the help provided by Senthil from Ford CC. Keep it up!
Hi SJN, I am also trying to get the extended warranty for the 4th and 5th year. After adjusting for the 3rd year extended warranty that you already had, did the final amount come way down the 20k that the dealers were quoting initially?

I gave my car for the second free service (10000 km) today. Used the Ford Service Price Promise to bring the estimate from 3k down to 1.5k (didn't go for the wheel alignment/balancing or the engine waxing or something like that). That got me thinking - when is the right time for wheel alignment/balancing? Should I have gone for it?
seekay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 12:43   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekay View Post
when is the right time for wheel alignment/balancing? Should I have gone for it?
Yes - but your were correct in not doing it at the service centre.
Get it done at a proper Computerised Alignment center.

- Sam
samaspire is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 15:00   #1058

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Yes - but your were correct in not doing it at the service centre.
Get it done at a proper Computerised Alignment center.

- Sam
Thanks Sam. Just curious - what makes you think that the service centers don't have proper computerised alignment apparatus. How do I locate a good one? Searched Google for some, and most of them have poor reviews too.

About extended warranty - Am told that the cost of extended warranty for 4th and 5th year would be some 30+k. Fourth year itself is about 15k. That's crazy. I'm going to enquire from other sources.

-ck
Old 14th October 2016, 15:42   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
About extended warranty - Am told that the cost of extended warranty for 4th and 5th year would be some 30+k. Fourth year itself is about 15k. That's crazy. I'm going to enquire from other sources.

-ck
About extended warranty, here is my own post quoted. The rates are for Ford Figo but Aspire should be similar, little higher obviously. Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Here are the details that he has provided for my 2015 Figo, which only has 2 year warranty right now, as the rates for 3rd year and onwards were not available when I got the car.

Extended Warranty only:
36 months / 1 Lakh Km's - Rs. 7,400/-
48 months / 1 Lakh Km's - Rs. 14,900/-
60 months / 1 Lakh Km's - Rs. 28,100/-

Extended Warranty with RSA:
36 months / 1 Lakh Km's - Rs. 8,500/-
48 months / 1 Lakh Km's - Rs. 16,889/-
60 months / 1 Lakh Km's - Rs. 30,136/-

These are quotes if I opt for Extended Warranty before completing one year (22nd October); if I get it after one year the price shoots up by around 5K.

e.g. 60 months / 1 Lakh Km's - Rs. 33,800/- (only Ext. Warranty)
As I have asked on Figo thread too, has anyone bought Total Maintenance Plan for Figo / Aspire? How much does that cost?
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 16:20   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Just curious - what makes you think that the service centers don't have proper computerised alignment apparatus. How do I locate a good one? Searched Google for some, and most of them have poor reviews too...
They all have good machines; skill / will is what they usually lack. Primary reason is, this is not their forte. A simple example I can give is, my Swift was serviced in a A$$ & I was extremely happy with their mechanical work. But once they returned the car with the unidirectional tyres mounted in the wrong way; it's a basic thing which they couldn't get right. I also had good alignment / balancing experience from some other A$$, though they come across as quite expensive.

The question is, when I can expect a sure shot brilliant job from the MASTER of the job at a lower price, why take a gamble or spend much more at the A$$?

Have you searched the team-bhp directory? Am sure you could find some credible leads from it. or simply ask around the cabbies in your area and they'll direct you to a good place.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th October 2016 at 16:21.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 18:37   #1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
About extended warranty, here is my own post quoted.
Thanks teemus, it helps a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Have you searched the team-bhp directory? Am sure you could find some credible leads from it. or simply ask around the cabbies in your area and they'll direct you to a good place.
Thanks swfitnfurious, will ask around.

I got my 1.5 DCT back from the 10k service (with a bill of under 1200!), but the engine has started lugging terribly. May be 5 to 10 times in an hour's commute. Same driving habits. Started driving in sport mode after which it seemed to get better. Is this expected? Anybody else faced it?
Old 14th October 2016, 23:25   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend I did a trip to Bangalore and so decided to check the top speed of my 1.2 lt Petrol engine on the Golden Quadrilateral. Had done alignment and rotation the previous day and tyre pressure (nitrogen) was at 33 in all tyres.

Has anyone checked the 0-100 time for this petrol engine, because I found it to be very quick. I have a feeling that it might be in the range of 10-11 seconds. The progress past 120 is a bit slow. What I found strange was that I got the floaty feeling beyond 120. Even though I touched 140 for a few seconds the car gave no confidence at all.

I have a suspicion that this has something to do with the OEM MRF's. Are they really that crappy ?
Old 15th October 2016, 10:22   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Last weekend I did a trip to Bangalore and so decided to check the top speed of my 1.2 lt Petrol engine on the Golden Quadrilateral. Had done alignment and rotation the previous day and tyre pressure (nitrogen) was at 33 in all tyres.

Has anyone checked the 0-100 time for this petrol engine, because I found it to be very quick. I have a feeling that it might be in the range of 10-11 seconds. The progress past 120 is a bit slow. What I found strange was that I got the floaty feeling beyond 120. Even though I touched 140 for a few seconds the car gave no confidence at all.

I have a suspicion that this has something to do with the OEM MRF's. Are they really that crappy ?
Though it is not Apple to Apple comparison, but here's my input regarding the OEM MRF's. While driving from Pune to Mumbai last weekend, I floored my 1.5D for an overtaking manoeuvre and I was shocked to see the speedo showing 145+ kmph, once through! I got the speed down obviously after overtaking. The transition from 90 - 145 was quite smooth and was FAST. Regarding tyres, the car was well behaved even at that speed and no one could notice that I am doing that speed. Typically my wife is always alert to keep me in check and my Dad sitting behind drivers seat is always, I mean, always whispering in my ear to slow down. But they didn't feel a thing and I was back to normal cruising speeds quickly.

The OEM MRF's though are noisy seems to be doing the job about grip satisfactorily. Though I would definitely like to drive a Figo with upgraded tyres to really feel the difference.

Disclaimer: I don't usually do these speeds and am well within limits, this was a one off case. I don't even recommend driving with high speeds on our roads especially!
teemus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 11:04   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Can anyone who has Figo/Aspire Diesel comment on the Real World Fuel Economy you're getting in city driving ?

I have recently bought Tiago. My Elder Brother is on the verge of replacing his 7 year old Ritz Diesel. I have been given responsibility to choose the car for him. I have kept the Figo/Aspire as the Top Choice.

Fuel Efficiency is the key reason we consider when buying car for city commute, while on outstation trips the Performance factor takes the lead. This 1.5 TDCI is best of both words
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 12:18   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Hi @CarguyNish

I have a n Aspire 1.5 diesel & it gives me anything from 20-23 kmpl for Faridabad to IIT Delhi, via Nehru Place run. This route has heavy traffic all times (except early in morning & latte nights).
On highway I extracted 28 kmpl (2/3 AC approx.) for legal speeds. I could also fend off rash drivers on couple occasions.
Aspire would be my choice for bigger boot... & couple of rear-ending accidents have confirmed that the build quality of the car is good.
Best of Luck for your choice

Last edited by CARDEEP : 15th October 2016 at 12:23.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks