Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2017, 21:15   #1171
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Just completed a round trip from Bangalore to Chennai. I have got accustomed to the power delivery of Aspire's petrol engine. I now feel the power to be very much adequate. Don't get me wrong, it's no pocket rocket but it's satisfying. The car cruises at 120 with ease and is capable of reaching a bit more than that. The main credit in having a very good highway ride goes to the well weighted and communicative steering and the stability the chassis gives. I am completely satisfied with my purchase decision
samcan123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 15:05   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Don't know why they keep doing it, but Ford has again done something good for the car without anyone knowing about it!

The lock striker for the back 2 doors has been changed and there a big difference in how the door feels now while closing it. And the showroom and service personnel had know clue about it.

Attachment 1596035

This new design is different and it comes with rubber padding (the ribbed part on the left is rubber). Now, I hope they replace it for all of us.

This is exciting news for all Aspire and Figo owners. Do you have more details on this ? I would give anything to eliminate my Figo's , ahem, dare I say, rather tinny sound while closing doors !

Regards.
Old 18th January 2017, 12:47   #1173
BHPian

Quote:

The lock striker for the back 2 doors has been changed and there a big difference in how the door feels now while closing it.

This new design is different and it comes with rubber padding (the ribbed part on the left is rubber).

Thanks for breaking the news, i don't see why they would replace it for cars already on road. However, I was wondering if any of these (1,2) aftermarket accessories will help?

Last edited by Thilak29 : 18th January 2017 at 12:51.
Thilak29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:49   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
However, I was wondering....
Those are just cosmetic, and I have bought them. But these might not fit, as the part will have to specific to the car. I have bought 2 different variants and both are now lying in a box.

But the cap for the door hinges is a pefect fit. I think the link is posted on my ownership thread.

And in other news - my headlights were replaced under warranty

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170118_085848.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170118_085833.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170118_085822.jpg

Others facing the same problem can now request their service centres to do the same, and cite my case of needed.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 18:42   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And in other news - my headlights were replaced under warranty

Others facing the same problem can now request their service centres to do the same, and cite my case of needed.
So what has Ford done exactly to prevent the problem from recurring in the new headlamps? Any change in the materials used in the H/L cluster?
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 21:31   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
So what has Ford done exactly to prevent the problem from recurring in the new headlamps? Any change in the materials used in the H/L cluster?
Nothing that I know of. But going by recent developments it is probable that Ford would have rectified the problem if it has come to their attention. Or they probably will, now that they know about it.

As far as the service centre is concerned, mine is a one off case. I have told them to investigate further. That maybe it could be a problem with a certain batch. Let's see where this leads to. Maybe a silent recall if there are enough complaints.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 21:49   #1177
Senior - BHPian

My Friend who owns a Figo Trend Diesel complained of Poor Headlights. During 1st Service, he asked the ASS to fit Fog Lamps, which they did. But, that also didn't help, he said that only Front Lower Part is now visible.

I suggested him to change bulbs, but before he went ahead, I remember reading BHPian Samaspire's Post in this thread itself regarding Defective Headlights.

So, now I will ask him to get the Headlamps Replaced, his car is just 5 months old, it's well within the Warranty Period.

The Old Figo had terrible Headlamps, so does Ecosport. Now Figo & Aspire also seem to have same fate. It's a very difficult thing to use these poor lights, since night driving is only possible with these lights. Hope Ford Rectifies this for thier new cars.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 22:59   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
My Friend who owns a Figo Trend Diesel complained of Poor Headlights. During 1st Service, he asked the ASS to fit Fog Lamps, which they did. But, that also didn't help, he said that only Front Lower Part is now visible.

I remember reading BHPian Samaspire's Post in this thread itself regarding Defective Headlights.
I never had any issue with the effectiveness of the headlights. My headlights were replaced because there was discolouration of the reflectors.
Old 19th January 2017, 09:53   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

I suggested him to change bulbs, but before he went ahead, I remember reading BHPian Samaspire's Post in this thread itself regarding Defective Headlights.

So, now I will ask him to get the Headlamps Replaced, his car is just 5 months old, it's well within the Warranty Period.

The Old Figo had terrible Headlamps, so does Ecosport. Now Figo & Aspire also seem to have same fate. It's a very difficult thing to use these poor lights, since night driving is only possible with these lights. Hope Ford Rectifies this for thier new cars.
I feel its just a ford trait and not anything defective. You can check the ownership threads, people have commented that the headlamps are not that great. The headlamps are not bad like the previous model. They just do their job satisfactorily. They are good enough for small roads and normal situations. But in an open stretch highway the high beams hardly have any throw. In my last trip from Kundapur to Udupi, there were no street lights on the 4 lane highway and i could barely see a thing on the road even with the high beams on. If your friend is frequent on the highway then a headlamp upgrade needs to be considered.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 18:02   #1180
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Aspire & Figo : Wheel Alignment Specifications

Wheel Alignment Specifications

Here's the wheel alignment specifications for the 2015 Figo and Aspire's suspension:
Name:  Figo and Aspire Wheel Alignment.gif
Views: 3422
Size:  13.2 KB

In the above image, toe angle is for the wheel on only a single side, total toe is the wheels on both sides. The values are given in decimal degrees, not degrees/minutes.

Bear in mind that for most mass-market cars, the wheel alignment that is normally performed takes care of only the toe adjustment for the front wheels. If caster/camber need adjusting, it'll require partial disassembly of the suspension to add shims as required. This is not usually done by a wheel alignment centre, and is done by the ASC only in case of serious suspension issues.

Also see TBHP's wheel alignment thread for any general alignment queries - the very first post on that thread contains a superb explanation of alignment.
arunphilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 17:38   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Now the Aspire comes with back seat mobile charging point.
Was it a DIY? Have you posted it here?

Will be glad if you can point to the link. Thanks!
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 18:34   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Was it a DIY? Have you posted it here?

Will be glad if you can point to the link. Thanks!
Yes it is a DIY. Haven't created a detailed post for it yet.
Totally skipped my mind actually - will get on it right away.
Old 25th January 2017, 15:36   #1183
BHPian

I have 2 questions regarding the music system in Figo/Aspire Titanium variant (the one without the SYNC).
1. Anyone knows any tweak to Aspire's music system so that I can make it play the next folder in the USB once the current folder is done? The only option is to go for "play all" but it is kind of irritating to keep changing it. IMHO, Ford should have allowed the "explore USB" option to support playing the next folder instead of looping through the same folder over and over.
2. Any possible way to adjust the 'mid' range? I see only Bass and Treble adjustments.

Last edited by samcan123 : 25th January 2017 at 15:39.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 19:57   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
I have 2 questions regarding the music system in Figo/Aspire Titanium variant (the one without the SYNC).
1. Anyone knows any tweak to Aspire's music system so that I can make it play the next folder in the USB once the current folder is done? The only option is to go for "play all" but it is kind of irritating to keep changing it. IMHO, Ford should have allowed the "explore USB" option to support playing the next folder instead of looping through the same folder over and over.
2. Any possible way to adjust the 'mid' range? I see only Bass and Treble adjustments.
As per point 1. Doesn't the player already do that? I always start off with a random song and i dont think it loops through the same folder, it does play through the folders. Again I am not completely sure though will observe this tomorrow to confirm.

And the equaliser setting of the infotainment is solely reserved to treble bass and fade, nothing more. So i dont think mid can be adjusted.

But on a side note You can always use the bluetooth or Aux and use your phone as a substitute player and even take advantage of the phone equalisers
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 21:19   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
As per point 1. Doesn't the player already do that? I always start off with a random song and i dont think it loops through the same folder, it does play through the folders. Again I am not completely sure though will observe this tomorrow to confirm.
The player plays the next folder only in play all mode. If you select explore usb option, it does not automatically go beyond the current folder.
samcan123 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks