Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 18:04   #421
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Thought it would be beneficial to share this here. Those looking for a car purchase through CSD(Canteen store department) to avail the benefits, Ford has introduced the Figo Aspire in CSD and there is a considerable price difference in the CSD price over the regular ex-showroom price. Ford was quick enough to introduce the car in CSD otherwise new models generally take upwards of 6 months after launch to get enrolled under CSD sales. Should help in bringing more sales number for the blue oval.
GameOfCars is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 18:45   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
Ford has introduced the Figo Aspire in CSD and there is a considerable price difference in the CSD price over the regular ex-showroom price.
At those prices I could have bought the Titanium+

But its great to see that the Indian Govt. has been taking good care of the defence personnel - serving and retired.
Old 17th November 2015, 14:55   #423
J.Ravi

A few days back, I TD twice Aspire 1.5 TDCi diesel Titanium+ at Cauvery Ford. The first TD was on Magadi Road>Link Road>Rajajinagar Entrance>Rajajinagar V & VI Block>Magadi Road in the evening peak hour traffic with 5 people on board. Even with 174 mm ground clearance, the car managed to bottom-scrape over a huge inverted U hump on the Link Road. However, it managed the other trapezoidal speed-breakers without touching them. The engine was its USP. The car zoomed like a rocket without any trace of turbo lag. The next day, they sent the car to my home. I drove on Basaveswara Nagar>Magadi Road>ORR>Nagarabhavi>Vijayanagar> Basaveswara Nagar with 3 people on board with some spirited driving on the ORR. There are some firsts in the segment:

* Fastest diesel in the segment [less than 10 seconds for 0 to 100 kmph]

* Dual airbags as standard and 6 airbags in Titanium+ - first in the segment

* Dual-clutch automatic with 1.5L petrol, ESP, traction control & hill start assist - first in the segment

* Leather upholstery - first in the segment

* My Ford Dock for mounting smartphones and integrating it into the entertainment system - first in the segment

* Programmable smart key - first in the segment

* Engine without engine cover - first in the segment!

The doors closed not with a thud, but with a clink, which I didn't expect from a Ford. The fit and finish was not good. The wheels were small with 14" 175 mm wide tyres. The alloys were not attractive. On the whole, not satisfied with the car.

Old 18th November 2015, 21:18   #424
BHPian

I discovered that there's a hidden boost mode in the engine, which enables you to hit 210 Kmph. Hope I don't get banned for posting this pic.

Jokes aside, all you need to do is to keep the TRIP button on the right stalk pressed while turning the ignition on, and hold it until the instrument gauge goes into test mode. Pressing the trip button will cycle the cluster through different information displays, of one is the gauge test below, which does full needle sweeps over and over again.

You can also get the following information:

1) Digital Speedometer (SP) (Very useful as the aspire's speedo has a >10% speedo error )
2) Coolant temperature (Co - very useful as it lacks a temperature gauge)
3) Digital tachometer (Ta)
4) Digital fuel level (F)
5) Battery voltage (bAt)
6) Error codes

And many more which I'm yet to figure out.
If anyone knows what all the other information displays mean, that'd be super!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151118_205221.jpg  

d3mon is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 10:28   #425
Senior - BHPian

Ford Aspire : Official Review-sticker.jpg
There is this sticker on the front windshield that lists all the loose parts that come with the car from the factory. It includes the Driver Side Floor Mat, the triangle reflector and 'LIC. PL. HARDWARE'. I gather this translates to Licence Plate Hardware.

Does anyone know what this is? Are they screws, or nut bolts or something else? My dealer is supposed to send me my Number Plate today and I want them to send the "LIC. PL. HARDWARE" along with it. But they do not seem to know anything about it.

(They actually were not even giving me the Driver Floor Mat during delivery saying that I have not purchased the Floor Mat Set from them - but I showed them the sticker which says that it comes from the factory.)
Old 20th November 2015, 10:43   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Attachment 1441533

Does anyone know what this is? Are they screws, or nut bolts or something else? My dealer is supposed to send me my Number Plate today and I want them to send the "LIC. PL. HARDWARE" along with it. But they do not seem to know anything about it.
License plate hardware may refer to a set of rivets that are used to fix the high security number plate to the car. Usually the high security number plates are "riveted" by the dealer for no additional cost. If you are getting the high security number plate, instead of asking them to send it across, just get them fixed at the dealership.
Astleviz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 10:47   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1441533
There is this sticker on the front windshield that lists all the loose parts that come with the car from the factory. It includes the Driver Side Floor Mat, the triangle reflector and 'LIC. PL. HARDWARE'. I gather this translates to Licence Plate Hardware.
I am not sure about the Aspire. But, I got 4 black screws and nuts and a driver side mat with our Fiesta. It all came with the car and was in the boot along with the triangle reflector. But, there is no such sticker on the car.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 12:04   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I am not sure about the Aspire. But, I got 4 black screws and nuts and a driver side mat with our Fiesta. It all came with the car and was in the boot along with the triangle reflector. But, there is no such sticker on the car.
I will check the reflector pouch.
The sticker comes from the factory and they probably removed it before delivery. I had specifically asked them to remove all stickers from the car during PDI, which they did not. But had they done it, as instructed, I would not have any had proof of the items that should come with the car.
Old 20th November 2015, 15:49   #429
BHPian

Got the VIN from my dealer today.Ford Etis website shows the car manufacturing date as 02.09.2015.Considering I am in Eastern India(Kolkata) and logistics may have moved slow due to the Durga pujas, Dussehra & Diwali,is it ok to give the dealer a green signal and proceed with the PDI?

P.S.- I have booked the car on 4th Nov.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20151120_153352.jpg
dragonov007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 18:57   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
Got the VIN from my dealer today.Ford Etis website shows the car manufacturing date as 02.09.2015.Considering I am in Eastern India(Kolkata) and logistics may have moved slow due to the Durga pujas, Dussehra & Diwali,is it ok to give the dealer a green signal and proceed with the PDI?

P.S.- I have booked the car on 4th Nov.
Its over 2 months since manufacturing - so its probably one of the initial batches. Why don't you do a pre-insurance, pre-registration inspection and satisfy yourself. If everything is in order give a go ahead to the dealer.

I'm guessing the car is perfectly all right because it was made on 2nd September - my wedding anniversary

NOTE: Check how the boot opens - the heavy, springy and violent opening was fixed in the later batches.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 19:25   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I discovered that there's a hidden boost mode in the engine, which enables you to hit 210 Kmph. Hope I don't get banned for posting this pic.
My 2011 Figo has the same features.

I see your handbrake light is on, and so is check engine light. So you were not really driving at 210kmph. Were you?
Old 21st November 2015, 00:15   #432
BHPian

Quote:
I'm guessing the car is perfectly all right because it was made on 2nd September - my wedding anniversary
Then it would have been apt if this car got allotted to you Sir!

Quote:
NOTE: Check how the boot opens - the heavy, springy and violent opening was fixed in the later batches.
Yes I informed my SA about this fact.He acknowledged that violent boot opening was indeed present in the batches of Aspires the dealership has sold till date.He informed me that the first batches of TD cars and the initial delivered cars were of Jul/Aug 2015 make.Sep 2015 make cars,like the one allotted to me,had reached the dealership only after the Durga Pujas,ie,on the last week of Oct., and Oct. manufactured cars are yet to reach their stockyard.So in all possibility the boot opening issue was going to be present in my car also,still he said that he was going to check with the workshop guys and let me know if any solution to that particular problem has been intimated by Ford to them.He also said that the colour Blue isn't the fastest mover,and his inventory has very limited stocks of that colour in the top trim.

So I guess I have two options now- 1> To tell him that I will wait till the next batch of cars arrive, to take my pick and lose out on the free insurance + EW package offered during Nov 2015(and still not be sure if the next batch arriving at the dealer will have that issue fixed or not) or
2> To do a pre-registration PDI,and if all other things are ok,give it a go-ahead from my side and either live with that boot opening or get it fixed by Ford ASS later(if indeed that can be done at the workshop level).
Old 21st November 2015, 00:29   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
You can also get the following information:

1) Digital Speedometer (SP) (Very useful as the aspire's speedo has a >10% speedo error )
2) Coolant temperature (Co - very useful as it lacks a temperature gauge)
3) Digital tachometer (Ta)
4) Digital fuel level (F)
5) Battery voltage (bAt)
6) Error codes

And many more which I'm yet to figure out.
If anyone knows what all the other information displays mean, that'd be super!
If the test mode shows all this info, then isn't it theoritically possible to activate them with the right software.
Old 21st November 2015, 15:19   #434
BHPian

I am planning on booking the Ford Figo Aspire 1.2L Trend White at Chennai Ford. I would like to know what is the actual mileage in city traffic drive from anyone here who has been owning this variant?

I actually went to book the Figo but the dealer was giving better offers on the Aspire like Free Insurance + 3rd year warranty + Exchange Bonus of Rs. 20,000/-. After taking into account all this the Aspire is costing only Rs. 40,000/- more than the similar spec. Figo. Hence I decided to go for the Aspire as the interior is better than the Figo also I get additional boot space.

P.S. This car will be the replacement for Fiat Linea 2009.
Old 21st November 2015, 20:56   #435
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried using the ford owner's app. I am not able to as the Aspire is not listed there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks