Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2015, 19:05   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
I got 21.9 kmpl average over 119 Kms of travel on the Bangalore to Ambur route including about 5 mins of stoppage at Toll booths. AC was on through out. Later when I continued on to Chennai it dropped to 19+ as I had to slow down a bit due to heavy rain and traffic. I was driving at speeds between 80-100 often at around 90 kmph. Hope there is no cheating software installed to spike the mileage figures!

Hi there

I would like to know how is the mileage in city traffic ? Any other tips you could share will be valuable as I am planning to buy the 1.2L Trend.
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:00   #437
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Finally got my Silver Aspire Diesel Titanium today... just back home after the customary Puja at the temple.

Though this wasn't my choice, as wanted a bigger car, but parking problems around my office lead me opt for this car. Had driven the new Fiesta couple of years back & was a fan of the tractable diesel engine, which has improved in current iteration.

Thanks @samaspire for your kind words in the other thread (I Booked my car).

The drive from home was a special experience, with the diesel torque managing to pull the car in a small jam, with minimal accelerator inputs.

Few irritants... the MID, it shows mileage ranging to 99.9 kmpl (it is distracting), & the fact that I need to restrict the car under 2000 rpm till 2.5k kms (i believe it's 1k kms in other cars).

Will travel to Karol Bagh, New Delhi in December to get dark coloured leatherite seat covers & a gear/ steering lock for the car... maybe a rear boot lip as well. Got the Ford branded rear display with sensors & 3M underbody protection & paint protection done.

The car is shod with MRF's, & on way back to home, realised that I need not change to Michelins or Yokos at the moment. But, will definitely got for 185/60/R14 tyres in future. At present my priority is to get friendly with the car, thought it is quite user friendly IMO .

The deal experience at V Go Ford Faridabad, was good except that I had to chase them up for few details in couple of occasions. Overall satisfied as the product seems good & will serve my purpose as desired. Can recommend them to others.

Anybody looking for the old Figo, they have it with them... a 2013 model as far as I learnt, in Blue shade. Looks good IMO & cold be a good deal, if you can haggle for discounts, etc.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 22nd November 2015 at 21:13.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:10   #438
BHPian

1) I get a loud thud from the front suspension at some unscientific speed bumps at anything more than crawling speed. Ditto at huge potholes where one of the wheels almost goes into a freefall for an instant. Is it just me or have other people experienced this thud too?
This thud had gone down considerably when the tire pressure gradually decreased to about 28 PSI. On going back up to the factory recommended 32PSI, the thud is back in full force.

2) Does the Aspire have a variable flow compressor like the Ecosport? I feel that switching on the AC has a huge hit on FE and I'm unable to tell when the compressor is on or off. Even if I set the temperature to 23 and the outside temperature is 23, I think the compressor keeps running (Not sure).

On a different note, the mileage post 2000KM has really improved. I get:
35KMPL (~20KM of hypermiling at 60KMPH :P)
22KMPL (800KM round trip including highways + hills, spirited driving)
19KMPL (City driving with 50% AC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Finally got my Silver Aspire Diesel Titanium today... just back home after the customary Puja at the temple.

Few irritants... the MID, it shows mileage ranging to 99.9 kmpl (it is distracting), & the fact that I need to restrict the car under 2000 rpm till 2.5k kms (i believe it's 1k kms in other cars).
Congrats cardeep! You certainly don't need to keep the car under 2000 RPM. First, the run in period is 1500KM, not 2500KM. Second, the engine speed (RPM) needs to be varied during this period and you can safely go up to 3000 RPM as long as you're gentle with the throttle. A few short bursts of acceleration wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by d3mon : 22nd November 2015 at 21:19.
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:39   #439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
1) I get a loud thud from the front suspension at some unscientific speed bumps at anything more than crawling speed. Ditto at huge potholes where one of the wheels almost goes into a freefall for an instant. Is it just me or have other people experienced this thud too?
This thud had gone down considerably when the tire pressure gradually decreased to about 28 PSI. On going back up to the factory recommended 32PSI, the thud is back in full force.
I would have thought this Ford trait was fixed with the Aspire and Figo. This has been there in the Ecosport, old Figo, new Fiesta and I'm sure the old Fiesta Classic has this issue as well.

The front suspension thud you hear is because of the very aggressive rebound of the front struts. The only way around is this thud is to change the driving style. You need to slow down a tad more for the sharper bumps and in some cases hit the brakes just before the bump if it's a small one. Once you get the knack you will barely get the thud.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 22:14   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I would have thought this Ford trait was fixed with the Aspire and Figo. This has been there in the Ecosport, old Figo, new Fiesta and I'm sure the old Fiesta Classic has this issue as well.

The front suspension thud you hear is because of the very aggressive rebound of the front struts. The only way around is this thud is to change the driving style. You need to slow down a tad more for the sharper bumps and in some cases hit the brakes just before the bump if it's a small one. Once you get the knack you will barely get the thud.
It's there in the old Fiesta (Classic) as well. The thud is felt prominently during turns, when only one of the front wheel goes over a pothole at speed, no matter how small it may be. The trick is to slow down before hitting it.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:27   #441
Senior - BHPian

Got the registration number - finally. I have done a mock up.
My original plan was to put the team-bhp url sticker on the back plates, but after going through the thread on license plates, have decided against it.
Now I'm considering putting it just below the back plates.
Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-car-number-plate1.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-car-number-plate2.jpg  

Old 24th November 2015, 08:10   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It's there in the old Fiesta (Classic) as well. The thud is felt prominently during turns, when only one of the front wheel goes over a pothole at speed, no matter how small it may be. The trick is to slow down before hitting it.
Not really the case for my new Figo. If I unknowingly overspeed on a decent sized speed breaker, both the front wheels feel like they are free-falling and this is followed by a prominent thud. It was quite un-nerving when it first happened but later I am able to avoid that by entering the speed breakers at slow speeds, by braking just a little extra at the right moment.

Hope it's not doing any serious damage if I miss an invisible speed breaker (which are plenty here in Pune)!
Old 25th November 2015, 01:27   #443
BHPian

Did my pre-registration PDI today noon. My SA accompanied me to the stock-yard.He had arranged the keys for the car and I got the opportunity to start the car briefly.

Visiting a stock-yard is never a pleasant experience as we get to see our would-be cars covered in dust and lying under the open sky to face the elements of nature.But I guess that we have no choice but to calmly accept the sorry state of car storage in our country.The most we can do, is to do a superficial checking and pray everything goes right.

Sharing the pics from the stock-yard :

VIN details can be seen stamped in the circled region.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-vin-location.jpg

A close up at the VIN stamp.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-vin.jpg

A list of the loose items which came with the car.Area enclosed by the blue box shows the Engine no. & the area enclosed by the red box contains the full VIN.Note that the antenna and the Ford-branded alloy wheel hub-caps are kept loose from the factory.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-tag.jpg

Alloy without the central logo cap.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-tyre-hubcap.jpg

Hazard lights,headlamps and fogs turned on.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-lights-f.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-lights-b.jpg

Tyre manufacturing date can be decoded from the circled inscription.In this case it is mentioned 3415,ie,I guess 34th week of 2015.So probably it is last week of August manufacture.(Experienced members please correct me if I'm wrong)
Ford Aspire : Official Review-tyre.jpg

Engine bay
Ford Aspire : Official Review-engine-bay.jpg

5 Km on the ODO.SA said that all registration process,visiting workshop for final preparations and showroom visit will add up to nearly a 100 Kms before final delivery.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-km.jpg
dragonov007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 08:41   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
A list of the loose items which came with the car.

5 Km on the ODO.SA said that all registration process,visiting workshop for final preparations and showroom visit will add up to nearly a 100 Kms before final delivery.
Congratulations. Looks like you have confirmed the car.

Take every item in that list. I have not got the Tow Hook and License plate hardware. (Would appreciate photos of these 2 items)
They gave me the driver mat only after insisting for it - the reason being that I did not take the essential kit.

100 Kms looks like way too much. Calculate the distances. If possible request them not to rev it beyond 3000 RPM during these journeys.

Regarding the boot - I think all they have done is change the spring to reduce the tension. So Ford ASS should be able to replace it.

You also will be one of few lucky ones to get an anti-roll bar in your car as you have a September model. Apparently they have done away with it for all variants now.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 17:30   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
You also will be one of few lucky ones to get an anti-roll bar in your car as you have a September model. Apparently they have done away with it for all variants now.
Have they? That's news for me! Is it the case for Figo too?

I was thinking I got a bad deal by taking delivery (for Figo) last month as in the newer lot there seems to be addition of rear adjustable headrests. But if it is at the expense of anti-roll bar, then perhaps I am lucky!
Old 25th November 2015, 18:20   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Have they? That's news for me! Is it the case for Figo too?

I was thinking I got a bad deal by taking delivery (for Figo) last month as in the newer lot there seems to be addition of rear adjustable headrests. But if it is at the expense of anti-roll bar, then perhaps I am lucky!
Yes. I saw it first in the Figo thread and then confirmed it on the Ford website.

Now I'm getting unconfirmed info that Anti-roll bars were never present in any variant - Petrol or Diesel.
I think it's time for everybody to check under their cars. And then go for a class action suit
Old 26th November 2015, 11:47   #447
BHPian

In slow speeds in first gear (1.2 Petrol), the brake sometimes get so hard it's difficult to brake. I have now experienced it multiple times that I am confident to post it here. I remember reading about this issue also for elite i20s. My car has gone for the first service today and I have mentioned about this problem to my dealer (Cauvery Ford, Bangalore). Let me see what can they do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Hi there

I would like to know how is the mileage in city traffic ? Any other tips you could share will be valuable as I am planning to buy the 1.2L Trend.
I don't have exact figures right now. Can try it out in the weekend. If my memory serves right, then its somewhere between 8-10 for low speeds (0-20 kmph) and between 12-14 for moderate speeds (20-40kmph)
Old 26th November 2015, 13:59   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
In slow speeds in first gear (1.2 Petrol), the brake sometimes get so hard it's difficult to brake. I have now experienced it multiple times that I am confident to post it here. I remember reading about this issue also for elite i20s. My car has gone for the first service today and I have mentioned about this problem to my dealer (Cauvery Ford, Bangalore). Let me see what can they do about it.

I don't have exact figures right now. Can try it out in the weekend. If my memory serves right, then its somewhere between 8-10 for low speeds (0-20 kmph) and between 12-14 for moderate speeds (20-40kmph)

You should press the clutch when braking at very low speeds (under 10kmph in first, 15 in second...), otherwise the engine will try to fight you back by trying to prevent stalling.

Can you confirm that you're using the clutch along with the brakes?
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 10:42   #449
BHPian

Ford claims to have sold 15K units for Figo Aspire during the period Aug-Oct'15, which means it should have clocked 5K sales figure every month however the overall sales numbers only add up to 11,813 as per data published on the forum.

Aug'15 -5176
Sep'15 -3596
Oct'15 -3041

Probably the difference could be due to shipped to dealer figures and actual units delivered to the customer.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle7919421.ece
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 11:01   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Ford claims to have sold 15K units for Figo Aspire during the period Aug-Oct'15, which means it should have clocked 5K sales figure every month however the overall sales numbers only add up to 11,813 as per data published on the forum.

Aug'15 -5176
Sep'15 -3596
Oct'15 -3041

Probably the difference could be due to shipped to dealer figures and actual units delivered to the customer.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle7919421.ece
AFAIK, these monthly figures which are reported monthly in TBHP forum (11,813 - consolidated figure) are the ones shipped to dealer. So, i believe that the actual units delivered to the customer should be lesser than this. Correct me if am wrong.. I am really puzzled about Ford's claim of 15K during the 3 month period!!
aswin88 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks