Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2015, 07:11   #511
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
So here comes my first bad experience with ford Figo Aspire... Filled my tank to the full and to our horror there was a huge drops of petrol leaking!!
It turned out to be the dreaded rats. The rats seem to have made a big hole in the rubber hose that handles fuel overflow. The service personnel turned up in the service vehicle after about 90 mins. The experience however turned up to be pretty good. They fixed it promptly. When we continued our trip towards Salem, they seemed to be following us, and when we stopped to adjust ORVM, they stopped as well to check if something's wrong.

We ended up paying Rs 2800. The cost of the 2 feet rubber hose was 2100 () and the rest for roadside assistance.
Old 29th December 2015, 08:09   #512

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
If any member owns an automatic version of the Aspire, I would be interested to know what fuel efficiency can be expected in city driving. I own a Vento TDI (2010) and a Celerio AGS. I am beginning to enjoy the hassle free driving of an Automatic and thinking of changing my Vento.
My DCT has done about 1k now and I am currently getting 10Km in mostly city driving. But then my longer commutes are mostly in Hyderabad's Outer Ring Road so not exactly city conditions.

Will update post first and 2nd service.
Old 29th December 2015, 09:06   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
However she bore the brunt competently to keep you and your family safe.

I do not know his age, but please monitor him for any vomiting or any bleeding (however minute) from ears or nose too.
Thanks for the concern. I'm glad it happened in a ford - the sheet metal maybe thinner but the structure is solid.

My son is 3 and a half and he's one adventure nut - so he's used to jumping and falling. But not to worry - my mom's a doctor and she has been monitoring him all the time.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 14:08   #514
Senior - BHPian

Hi @samaspire, sorry to learn about the accident you met, but glad to note that all three of you are safe. Will keep a watch on your car's repair update to make sure all ends well.

I feel it's only the sheet metal that's a bit thinner on this car, all other components are comparatively heavy as compared to Japs. The MRFs are a bit of concern through, noisy & poor grip/ comfort as against the Michelin tyres I used in my other cars.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 15:59   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
On a sombre note - this is my car now.
Hi samaspire,

I hope things are better now and your family is past that initial shock. Having followed your thread/story with interest, this news is really disheartening.

Stay strong my friend and hope your aspire rises up like a phoenix after the repairs.

-Nivatakavacha

PS: On a side note, something similar happened to me on my Honda Activa when a snake crossed my path. I instinctively hit the brakes (even when I have mentally trained myself otherwise) and I fell down. Thankfully I was unhurt and the bike as well.

We have all trained for such unforeseen events, but our natural instincts kick in anyway.

Last edited by nivatakavacha : 29th December 2015 at 16:03. Reason: more info
nivatakavacha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 20:14   #516
BHPian

Hi Sameer,

Sad to see your new beloved ride in such a shape. If a 10cm scratch on my figo can make me feel miserable for 3 days, I can only imagine what you must be feeling.

Thankfully though no one was hurt and THAT is important.

Even though everyone says the new Figo (and Aspire) feel lighter than the 1st gen still I would pick up a Ford (or a Fiat) over Maruti for sure.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 20:45   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
I hope things are better now and your family is past that initial shock.
The shock is past, but now worrying about how the car will turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Hi Sameer

Even though everyone says the new Figo (and Aspire) feel lighter than the 1st gen still I would pick up a Ford (or a Fiat) over Maruti for sure.
Its Samarth / Sam

Before the accident I was fretting over a small dent on the door and doing research on dent removers.
Atleast now that also might get fixed - but what a price to pay

Even I would pick the Ford - more so, now.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 21:09   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
It turned out to be the dreaded rats. The rats seem to have made a big hole in the rubber hose that handles fuel overflow. .
Try to park your car somewhere else for a few days. Rats have a habit of returning to the same location and if they don't find the car there for a few days they will forget about it.

I had a similar issue and parked it in another place for a few days. I also tried tobacco leaves and napthelene balls. After a few days the issue was solved. Not sure if change of location helped or if it was the napthelene balls and tobacco.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 18:19   #519
BANNED

Is there any way to get the Aspire steering calibrated like the Global Fiesta? The steering feedback from Aspire is not upto my liking .
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:43   #520
BHPian

Quote:
On a sombre note - this is my car now.
Attachment 1453938

Details posted in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3879012
Sorry to hear this but glad that all are safe. Dogs can be such a menace on roads.
This is probably the first crash test of Aspire!
Hope Ford does a good job of getting your Aspire back in shape.
sudhirnam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:42   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirnam View Post
Sorry to hear this but glad that all are safe. Dogs can be such a menace on roads.
This is probably the first crash test of Aspire!
From what I can see, the Aspire took the impact pretty well - without any structural damage (touchwood).

I have posted a recreation sketch in the accidents thread...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3882210
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 14:12   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Is there any way to get the Aspire steering calibrated like the Global Fiesta? The steering feedback from Aspire is not upto my liking .
Have you not upsized the tyres? I actually like the steering of Aspire and it certainly gives decent feedback (though not as good as Fiesta S) and is not light at high speeds too

A write up coming up on my thread shortly

Quote:
From what I can see, the Aspire took the impact pretty well - without any structural damage (touchwood).

I have posted a recreation sketch in the accidents thread...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3882210
Really sorry to know about your accident. Hope it gets back to original soon

Pardon me saying this but, you made a mistake of buying the lower end version of Aspire without basic safety features. If it was out of your budget you should have waited till you could get the variant that has all safety features

I just completed 3000kms on Aspire and had quite a few close calls and ABS came into picture each time saving the day

Just saw the diagram of your accident. I had a similar incident but, ABS was the saving grace

Write up coming up soon

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th January 2016 at 14:14. Reason: Edited to add content
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 14:18   #523
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
If any member owns an automatic version of the Aspire, I would be interested to know what fuel efficiency can be expected in city driving. I own a Vento TDI (2010) and a Celerio AGS. I am beginning to enjoy the hassle free driving of an Automatic and thinking of changing my Vento.
My car is giving around 11 kmpl in mainly city driving with AC on 99% of the time. I hope the mileage will improve after the first service which is coming up in a fortnight's time.
SJN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 14:42   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

As early as the second page of this thread, there's mention about the brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
The brakes of the Aspire feel hugely over servoed. Hard braking induces severe tyre squeal. Panic braking on a wet surface would prove very dangerous with the current tyres. Brake modulation is necessary and more importantly hard braking is completely avoidable.

This could turn out to be a major safety issue and so have indicated it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
And I was of the impression that it's an exceptional case because of the TD car. I too felt that the aspire squeals when braking hard, though the brakes do have bite. I thought that the ABS isn't working or something but the SA confirmed it was. I wonder how easy would it be to lock wheels up in a lower variant car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I just completed 3000kms on Aspire and had quite a few close calls and ABS came into picture each time saving the day

Just saw the diagram of your accident. I had a similar incident but, ABS was the saving grace.

With a 100BHP engine, I wish they had thrown ABS as standard or at least as an option across the range.
Old 4th January 2016, 16:13   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Pardon me saying this but, you made a mistake of buying the lower end version of Aspire without basic safety features. If it was out of your budget you should have waited till you could get the variant that has all safety features.

I just completed 3000kms on Aspire and had quite a few close calls and ABS came into picture each time saving the day.

Just saw the diagram of your accident. I had a similar incident but, ABS was the saving grace.
My next car will definitely have ABS, but I'm not one to cry over spilt milk.

During the spin the back tyres were off-road - on mud and dry grass. Should the tyres have gripped better or is it just asking for too much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks