Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2016, 12:45   #646
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Hi Guys,

After long deliberations and road tests, I have also taken the plunge. Have booked my Aspire AT last weekend @ Harpreet Ford. Smoke Gray color. Expect delivery by this weekend. Eagerly waiting..!

Cheers/ AB
Ashish B is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 15:33   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hey.
Could you update us on the status of your friends car? Has the car started and the ford engineers haven't found the fault or the car is up and running but they dont know what caused it.

I feel you should deal with those caculo ford guys a bit sternly and send a mail to the MD of Ford, though they are quite a decent service center, if you are not forceful with them they tend to take things a bit too lightly. 3 days is way too long to diagnose a problem.

Hope your friend's car is back with him at the earliest

regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik008 View Post
Any update after the technician's visit? Thanks.

Congrats on the 1k. Thanks for the info on the Autocop colors, that's really helpful.
Here's the update guys. The primary reason they say is due to fuel adulteration which is bit difficult to digest.My friend has been putting petrol from the same petrol pump for so many years in his maruti earlier and also so many ford vehicles use the same petrol pump.To gauge the issue,the dealer technicians had replaced the fuel injector ,battery but had not replaced the pump. The ford technician found adulterated fuel as an issue and replaced the fuel injector, pump and some sensor.Also the ford technician wasn't happy even with the fuel the dealer stores in their containers at the workshop which was used.
He has got the car after a week finally on road.Lets hope for the best.
motorlover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 22:36   #648
BANNED

Is there any way to make the power window switches backlit? I think Global Fiesta has backlit ones, can they be procured and swapped onto Aspire? I'm really pissed off with Ford for not providing such a useful feature, kept for facelift nonsense I guess .
The Rationalist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 09:09   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Just back from another visit to the body shop. They started working on it on 28th Jan - exactly one month after the car went there.

Witnessed a lot of hammering and brute force as they tried to remove the factory welds. The mechanic working on it said that there a small difference in metal thickness of the Aspire and the older fords - but Marutis were a class apart (he had worked at Maruti for 7 years).

WARNING: Disturbing images - view at your own discretion. Intended for mature audiences only.

Attachment 1467006
The best angle now!!

Attachment 1466416
Protection for the car....

Attachment 1466418
but has a cake of dust on it. I'm worried that this might result in scratches later.

Attachment 1466414
Attachment 1466422
Attachment 1466415
Attachment 1466421
New Door!!
Dear Samspire,

I have been reading your posts on your aspire ever since I was not the member and ever so desperately I wanted to check on the status of your car body repair. The freak accident involving a lamp post is a mere reminder of nothing is certain in this life. Having said that, you and your family were safe is the best possible thing which could have happened.
I was keenly following the posts about aspire, as I had zeroed in on this car during December 2015 itself. My wife somehow had her eyes set on elite i20. Ultimately I ended up in booking Honda jazz and expecting delivery by next week.

Figo Aspire still holds a very special place in my heart. The other day near my office a white color aspire was parked and I kept on going to that spot every two hours, just for having a glimpse of the beauty which has evaded me

I fervently hope that your beauty comes out of the Ford workshop shining as never before and here's wishing you oodles of kilometers with your machine.

Keep safe
MDED
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 13:32   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
I have been reading your posts on your aspire ever since I was not the member and ever so desperately I wanted to check on the status of your car body repair.
Thank you for your concern.

Actually I just came back from another visit to the bodyshop. The car is coming along well - the painting will be completed today, and it should be ready for Saturday. But the insurance formalities might take a couple of days more.

It will be getting a few bonuses on completion... I can say that it will be"better than before"
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 15:40   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
Here's the update guys. The primary reason they say is due to fuel adulteration which is bit difficult to digest.My friend has been putting petrol from the same petrol pump for so many years in his maruti earlier and also so many ford vehicles use the same petrol pump.To gauge the issue,the dealer technicians had replaced the fuel injector ,battery but had not replaced the pump. The ford technician found adulterated fuel as an issue and replaced the fuel injector, pump and some sensor.Also the ford technician wasn't happy even with the fuel the dealer stores in their containers at the workshop which was used.
Glad your friend got his car back but very surprised to hear that the issue was with fuel quality. Did your friend hear of other vehicles having similar issues of fuel adulteration from the same pump on the same day?

I fell it must have been a fault with the injector or some part and the service guy is blaming it on fuel quality, though it could also be true that your friend was the unlucky car with the adulterated fuel and hence a genuine case of fuel adulteration.

Was your friend charged for replacement of parts?

Regards
Old 17th February 2016, 16:22   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Glad your friend got his car back but very surprised to hear that the issue was with fuel quality. Did your friend hear of other vehicles having similar issues of fuel adulteration from the same pump on the same day?

I fell it must have been a fault with the injector or some part and the service guy is blaming it on fuel quality, though it could also be true that your friend was the unlucky car with the adulterated fuel and hence a genuine case of fuel adulteration.

Was your friend charged for replacement of parts?

Regards
Even we were surprised.No complains whatsoever from the pump owner. He will be putting petrol from the same pump ..Lets see..Hopefully its one of a case.
Old 17th February 2016, 16:44   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Even we were surprised.No complains whatsoever from the pump owner. He will be putting petrol from the same pump ..Lets see..Hopefully its one of a case.
Did your friend have to pay for anything ? Were all the parts replaced under warranty?

Regards
Old 18th February 2016, 16:21   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Did your friend have to pay for anything ? Were all the parts replaced under warranty?

Regards
No nothing.It was all replaced with no charges whatsoever.
motorlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 17:56   #655
BHPian

Quote:
It will be getting a few bonuses on completion... I can say that it will be"better than before"
I am keenly waiting for your Aspire to return and for your feedback on Ford's talent in bringing it back to original shape. Hope that they can make it as good as new Please be as detailed as possible.

Quote:
That is so cool of Ford! I thought it is going to be a hassle as Ford people are going to pin it on the owner.

Also, generally speaking, is there any information online on the Ford's child parts availability for Aspire? I heard there are more than 800 of them. For transparencies sake, Ford should seriously consider putting the list online. If the consumer is aware that a child part is available, it will be hard for the dealer to hoodwink the customer into getting the whole thing replaced. For example, if there is a scratch on the door, they can just replace the outer sheet and not the whole door.

Moderators - Please merge if required. Apologies for back to back post.

Just got to know that Hyundai I10 scored a pathetic 1/5 in Adult Occupant Protection in ASEAN NCAP inspite of being equipped with dual front airbags I don't see grand i10 faring any better.

Why wouldn't Indians buy safer cars? Lemon and chilies cannot replace ABS and airbags.

Anxiously waiting for the Aspire crash tests. I am sure it cannot go below 3. A good rating can be another shot in the arm for Aspire, just when it needs it.

Last edited by Zappo : 18th February 2016 at 18:23. Reason: Please start using the multiquote button to respond to multiple people at one go. All back to back posts merged.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 18:42   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
I am keenly waiting for your Aspire to return and for your feedback on Ford's talent in bringing it back to original shape. Hope that they can make it as good as new Please be as detailed as possible.

That is so cool of Ford! I thought it is going to be a hassle as Ford people are going to pin it on the owner.

Also, generally speaking, is there any information online on the Ford's child parts availability for Aspire? I heard there are more than 800 of them. For transparencies sake, Ford should seriously consider putting the list online. If the consumer is aware that a child part is available, it will be hard for the dealer to hoodwink the customer into getting the whole thing replaced. For example, if there is a scratch on the door, they can just replace the outer sheet and not the whole door.

Moderators - Please merge if required. Apologies for back to back post.

Just got to know that Hyundai I10 scored a pathetic 1/5 in Adult Occupant Protection in ASEAN NCAP inspite of being equipped with dual front airbags I don't see grand i10 faring any better.

Why wouldn't Indians buy safer cars? Lemon and chilies cannot replace ABS and airbags.

Anxiously waiting for the Aspire crash tests. I am sure it cannot go below 3. A good rating can be another shot in the arm for Aspire, just when it needs it.
Though I really appreciate Ford's no nonsense replacement in spite of fuel quality (as they say),
I would be lying if I say I'd totally believe them.
May be they are fixing up some sort of an issue with oem part(may be a fuel pump- ) and probably blaming the fuel rather to avoid any negative feedback on ford/new product.

But like I said if it runs like new after the job I wouldn't really care
vamsi2390 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 10:43   #657
BHPian

Hi All,

I have taken the delivery of my Smoke Gray Aspire AT on 17th. The car was delivered within one week of booking as the stock of the desired color was readily available with the dealer. Harpreet Ford.

Delivery process was smooth, no complaints.

Since I had to take a desired registration number (an EVEN number, to be mobile during the Odd-Even days of Delhi...), the same process was very tedious, took a lot of effort, and costed me 27K (1K registration and 26K for bidding) and time of 8 days.

Have driven the car for 250 kms in 3 days, and initial feel is brilliant. Only need to get accustomed to initial fast-pick up of AT gearbox in the stop-n-go traffic. Engine is responsive, GB very smooth, nice suspension and steering. As per the MID, FE so far is 11.5 kmpl.

Additionally, I have taken 5 Yrs warranty (22.6K), I have also installed Ford accessories: Beige seat covers (6.2K), Rear Sensors (3K) and Side cladding (1.5K).

Next update at 1000 kms.

Cheers/ AB
Ashish B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 12:29   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
And it finally happened during the Valentine Weekend, a heart breaking dent to my Aspire.....

Managed to drive it without any scratch or dent for almost close to 6 months now which is a record in terms of other cars I have driven earlier, however the curse of parking lots is still following me and this dent too was left by some careless driver probably last night when I was visiting a marriage function at SRPF Grounds in Wanaowrie, Pune. The parking area was slightly away from the lawn in a ground which not well lit, I did not notice it while leaving from the function only until today after reaching office.

Damage seems to be concentrated in limited area and is not immediately visible, Ford ASS would straightaway recommended changing boot lid and I am unable to make out if the material can be straightened with some denting work if done outside what do you suggest guys?
Sorry to hear about this KreativeGeek. But this is expected at parking lots in India. In any case, given the traffic these days in the metros, if you get to keep your car without a scratch, its only a bonus until it happens eventually.

Quote:
Quite shocking that even the dealer's fuel was not up to par.

Quote:
Thank you for your concern.

Actually I just came back from another visit to the bodyshop. The car is coming along well - the painting will be completed today, and it should be ready for Saturday. But the insurance formalities might take a couple of days more.

All the best for getting your car back today Samaspire. Please do keep us posted. As unfortunate as your incident is, the story told by you is fascinating in its own way. Hope you get the car and insurance sorted out soon. Please do post pics when you can as I'm sure we'd love to see it new again and also let us know of the bonuses.

Quote:
Kudos to Ford. This is awesome. High time we got this kind of service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish B View Post
Hi All,

I have taken the delivery of my Smoke Gray Aspire AT on 17th. The car was delivered within one week of booking as the stock of the desired color was readily available with the dealer. Harpreet Ford.

Delivery process was smooth, no complaints.

Since I had to take a desired registration number (an EVEN number, to be mobile during the Odd-Even days of Delhi...), the same process was very tedious, took a lot of effort, and costed me 27K (1K registration and 26K for bidding) and time of 8 days.

Have driven the car for 250 kms in 3 days, and initial feel is brilliant. Only need to get accustomed to initial fast-pick up of AT gearbox in the stop-n-go traffic. Engine is responsive, GB very smooth, nice suspension and steering. As per the MID, FE so far is 11.5 kmpl.

Additionally, I have taken 5 Yrs warranty (22.6K), I have also installed Ford accessories: Beige seat covers (6.2K), Rear Sensors (3K) and Side cladding (1.5K).

Next update at 1000 kms.

Cheers/ AB
Hi Ashish,

Congrats on your new car. We have the same model in White and its a great car. Our stories seem very similar, except that we got the car from Delhi Ford at Bhikaji Cama. Also got the same seats and 5 year warranty. We in fact wanted an odd number, but did not want to pay 25k for it. As luck would have it, we got an odd number when the SA was registering the vehicle online. Sheer luck! As for the spirited pick up, try and keep the RPM just around the 2k mark and maintain it there and you should have a smooth ride. upshifts for me usually happen around 2000-2200 RMP. If you drive this car with a light foot, you wont feel the jerks and should get good FE too. IT'll just take a couple of days to get used to this style. Once I've done 1500kms, I plan to push it a little more so the slightly higher RPM ranges are also used, so that the car has undergone a bit of "self-realization" before the first service at 2.5kms. Safe driving!
karthik008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 16:49   #659
Senior - BHPian

Back from another visit!! No delivery today as the insurance assessor will only come on Monday - so probable delivery on Tuesday / Wednesday.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160220_114104.jpg

Pending Work: Polish, clear coat, interior wash (looks DIRTY now ), touch-up for Under-body coating.

Found a few minor painting blemishes that I have asked them to fix.

One bonus is visible - guess?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th February 2016 at 18:55. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 16:52   #660
BANNED

Quote:

One bonus is visible - guess?
Congratulations Sam.

The chrome Garnish strip on the boot is the new addition.

EDIT:

Is there a minor dent on the drivers door base near the B-pillar where it meets the running board?

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th February 2016 at 17:02.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks