Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2016, 16:51   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

I had been following your car's status silently. Goos to know it is back. However, I feel the panel gaps around rear door to be really large. It is really so, or just my eyes decepting me?
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 23:12   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz.k View Post
But could you post a photograph of the dashboard of your car with the installed ICE.
Here it is.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160301_095648.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160301_095602.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160301_095516.jpg

Notice that I have got the panel painted piano black like the higher variants. This was the other bonus I had inferred to previously. The ford guys did it free of charge (technically). Also painted were the AC vents, door armrests and the lock handles.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160301_095617.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160301_095727.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160301_095847_lls.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160301_095924.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Do share how she drives after her return. Is it the same as before.
She drives just as before - nothing is different. I had actually driven back home after the accident and there was no problem even then. And the ford mechanics also confirmed that there was no structural damage. According to them the body frame of the Aspire is just like the older Fords - only the outer panels are thinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
However, I feel the panel gaps around rear door to be really large. It is really so, or just my eyes decepting me?
Your eyes are not deceiving you; but you are wrong.
I have actually fixed black edge protection beading on the doors. Planning to write a DIY thread for that.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160228_181640.jpg
samaspire is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 20:29   #708

Hello folks,

Posting after a long time. I had to travel to the US for work.

Congratulations Sam for getting your car back in great shape! Also, congratulations to several new owners!

Here are the updates for my car:
  1. Got the underbody anti-rust protection done from 3M. It is a layer of coating that appears black in colour. However, I am not sure if it is needed in the dry Hyderabad weather. Could have saved 4K. Please note that this coating does not cover the (more-vulnerable?) exhaust pipe, for which they recommend a different coating package for a damage of 1K. I did not opt for that. Pictures before the coating. Could not click after.
    Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20160213_105212317.jpgFord Aspire : Official Review-img_20160213_105155653.jpgFord Aspire : Official Review-img_20160213_105144881.jpg
  2. 3M Nomad mats are a bit overpriced I feel, as somebody else pointed out. A generic lower quality noodle mat can be purchased for one-fifth the price.
  3. Paint protection seemed to be great in the first week, but I guess you need to start using wax coating if you want to maintain that shiny, smooth surface.
  4. Got a red-&-blue body cover from Auto Pearl on PayTM. This is their leaflet. Didn't click the car after I covered it for the extended rest.
    Name:  Autopearl.png
Views: 4393
Size:  218.0 KB
  5. Car is due for the first service, having covered over 2300kms in two months. Will get it serviced when I get back to India later this month.

Have some updates for the mileage figures. Will post later.
seekay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 23:47   #709

Some mileage updates:
  1. My last posted mileage figure of 14kmpl odo/ 13kmpl tankful included 100km of highway drives and the rest with my 40km daily commute mostly.
  2. My next tankful returned me 12kmpl odo/ 11.44kmpl tank-to-tank, but this time I had to drive through quite a bit of awful traffic in the old city area and no highways.
    Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20160208_102244433.jpgFord Aspire : Official Review-img_20160208_102253449.jpgFord Aspire : Official Review-img_20160208_102304805_hdr.jpg
  3. My latest tankful shows 13.8kmpl odo. This time just the daily commute and a trip to the airport (70+ km)
    Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20160218_241902212.jpgFord Aspire : Official Review-img_20160218_241913470.jpgFord Aspire : Official Review-img_20160218_241920421.jpgFord Aspire : Official Review-img_20160218_241833119.jpg

I am loving the car so far. Acceleration feels great, specially after coming from a manual i10. I feel that the power and safety aspects of the 1.5AT don't get emphasised enough by the sales folks. Dual airbags and ABS are common, but this also gets the Electronic Stability Program and Traction Control. Dual clutch (versus CVT) also means that power delivery is almost instantaneous, great for overtaking manoeuvres!
seekay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 16:20   #710
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Here are some of my observations at 800 kms (Aspire 1.5 AT):

1. FE has improved from initial 11.5 to 12.5 kmpl (100% with AC, mostly city drive in Delhi, average speed as per trip meter is 22 kmph). Improving FE indicates that I am getting a hang of the DCT behavior, and also using lighter foot...

2. Drivability is excellent, power on demand, eager engine and quick gear shifts. Loving it!

3. Both front doors have developed minor squeaking noise... seemingly need adjustment during 1st service.

4. DCT has a weird habit of downshifting even at slight lifting of foot. suppose you are cruising at 70-80 kmph, suddenly DCT shifts down and RPM goes up. Need to get adjusted to this.

5. RPM meter too small, while fuel gauge is abnormally big. The charging point remains powered even while ignition key is out (I find it not-right).

6. I wish the gear indicators (PRNDS) were full-time illuminated. Since I am a first-timer AT user, gear slotting in dark basement parking needs double check

7. Have had narrow escape (twice already) when in my deep thoughts I have put left foot on brake pedal while slowing down (as if to press clutch), causing wheel jamming ... also put R instead of D once during bumper-to-bumper traffic, causing heart attack to person behind me...need to be extra cautious.

Cheers/ AB

Last edited by Ashish B : 7th March 2016 at 16:21.
Ashish B is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 22:51   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you RSR. I have been filling from the same pump since time eternal since it is closest to my home. May be! I will try filling from a different pump. The problem started around 5k, it is 13k now. Has it been adulterated fuel all along
Hey AKTRACK, any update on what the problem was due to? Was it adulterated fuel after all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
... and 60 DAYS LATER she's back where she belongs.

Got the delivery on Friday, 26th February. It was like I was taking delivery of my 2nd new car in 4 months

Thanks to all the guys at the Ford Bodyshop - they have done a very good job of getting her back in shape. It took them 15-20 days of actual work - all the other days were for holidays, awaiting parts delivery, waiting for other cars to get fixed, delay in the insurance process, etc.

Financially, I will be getting an amount of around 3000 back from the insurance guys. That is a little less than what I have spent on visiting the bodyshop in the last 2 months. So all's well that ends well.
Congrats on getting your car back! What a story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Looks like the ASPIRE logo has changed.

Notice the difference in the letters. It was all uppercase before. Now it is lowercase after the A.

I think the older one was much better.

Can recent buyers confirm if this is indeed correct. Or have the Ford guys put in an older/duplicate version on my car.
So this is interesting. I have again attached an image that I had posted earlier from the 3M shop. If you see the logo on my car after zooming in, it reads "Figo Aspire" but with the "Aspire" in CAPS. So is mine a third version of the logo we're seeing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish B View Post
Hi Guys,

Here are some of my observations at 800 kms (Aspire 1.5 AT):

1. FE has improved from initial 11.5 to 12.5 kmpl (100% with AC, mostly city drive in Delhi, average speed as per trip meter is 22 kmph). Improving FE indicates that I am getting a hang of the DCT behavior, and also using lighter foot...

2. Drivability is excellent, power on demand, eager engine and quick gear shifts. Loving it!

3. Both front doors have developed minor squeaking noise... seemingly need adjustment during 1st service.

4. DCT has a weird habit of downshifting even at slight lifting of foot. suppose you are cruising at 70-80 kmph, suddenly DCT shifts down and RPM goes up. Need to get adjusted to this.

5. RPM meter too small, while fuel gauge is abnormally big. The charging point remains powered even while ignition key is out (I find it not-right).

6. I wish the gear indicators (PRNDS) were full-time illuminated. Since I am a first-timer AT user, gear slotting in dark basement parking needs double check

7. Have had narrow escape (twice already) when in my deep thoughts I have put left foot on brake pedal while slowing down (as if to press clutch), causing wheel jamming ... also put R instead of D once during bumper-to-bumper traffic, causing heart attack to person behind me...need to be extra cautious.

Cheers/ AB
Thanks for sharing your experience. My FE has actually come down from around 9.5 to 8.9 avg kmpl...but probably due to B2B traffic usually. Interestingly, the FE increases on Sundays when the roads are empty. There is now doubt that the car feels zippy. However, I have not yet experienced any random downshift. I wonder what that may be due to.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-12.jpg  

karthik008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 23:27   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik008 View Post
Hey AKTRACK, any update on what the problem was due to? Was it adulterated fuel after all?
Karthik, As suggested earlier in this forum, I did change the pump from where I refuel and I did see the performance improve, not by 100% but yes definitely by 60-70%. Car is zippy to drive now, engine noise is less and I have forgotten about getting good mileage again I just want to enjoy the engine.

Haven't yet taken in to the FASS. When I do, will ask them to look into the below issues

- Engine performance issues (improved but still missing that zing)
- Alignment issues
- Weak AC (This is the new kid on the block! Daytime temperatures now hovering around 30s, I have to at times increase the blower speed to the third position to feel some chill. This was not the case before.)
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 01:14   #713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...- Weak AC (This is the new kid on the block! Daytime temperatures now hovering around 30s, I have to at times increase the blower speed to the third position to feel some chill. This was not the case before.)
Do you keep the blower in fresh mode (where outside air is taken in)? If so, there are chances that the dust might have gotten and choked the blower. Just cleaning it should ensure better air throw and faster chilling.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 07:43   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you see the logo on my car after zooming in, it reads "Figo Aspire" but with the "Aspire" in CAPS. So is mine a third version.
Can u post a closeup of the logo in your car. And what is your car's manufacturing date?
Old 8th March 2016, 09:47   #715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish B View Post
DCT has a weird habit of downshifting even at slight lifting of foot. suppose you are cruising at 70-80 kmph, suddenly DCT shifts down and RPM goes up. Need to get adjusted to this.
Quote:
I have not yet experienced any random downshift. I wonder what that may be due to.
The upshift from 5th to 6th gear happens after driving at 70+ speeds for some time (may be 10 to 15 seconds?). However, the downshifting happens almost immediately if your speeds go below 70. I could be wrong about the exact speed, but the general behaviour is the same.

By the way, do you notice any sound when the engine upshifts from 4th to 5th (around 58 to 60km/h)?
Old 8th March 2016, 16:24   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Do you keep the blower in fresh mode (where outside air is taken in)? If so, there are chances that the dust might have gotten and choked the blower. Just cleaning it should ensure better air throw and faster chilling.
Thanks swiftnfurious. It has been in the refresh mode all winters. Will get that checked. Anyways, if this is likely to happen then ford should mention the same in their instruction manual. Will relieve owners of some anxiety who may be thinking that the AC has gone kaput or the gas has leaked etc.
Old 12th March 2016, 13:55   #717
BHPian

Sanvi Ford Nalgonda fails to deliver promised & paid-up Aspire, offers "compromise" instead

I am a Ford owner since 2009. and decided to go with an new car from the same company.

Very soon after contacting the dealer (Sanvi Ford, Nalgonda), Mr. Vasunth and Mr. Ahmed brought the Ford Figo Aspire for a test drive.
I was very happy and impressed with the car and made my decision to buy this car.

Mr.Vasunth mentioned verbally an on-road price of 9.80lakhs for the Figo Aspire Titanium plus 1.5TDCI model in ruby red color. And that price included zero-depreciation IFFCO Tokio insurance. So I asked them to give me a quotation for the same.

But the quotation I received from Sanvi Ford was for 10.14lakhs and they told me that they will give me return cheque for the difference amount at the time of delivery. They promised to deliver the car with in 10 days.

All sounded well to me since it is from Ford and I had trust on Ford India.

Special thanks to Mr.Aadi Reddy the manager, Syndicate Bank, Miryalguda branch, who gave me a car loan in a few hours. I gave the bank DD for more than 100% payment to Sanvi Ford Nalgonda on 04/03/2016, only after taking confirmation from Mr.Vasunth that the delivery of my car will be done with in 10days. This was on 04/03/2016.

When I called Mr.Vasunth on 11/03/2016 to know the status, he said the car is ready in the plant and it will be shipped today to Sanvi Ford Nalgonda and they will deliver the car to me as promised.

On 12/03/2016 he called me back and told me that the car is out of stock in the plant and also not available in any other showrooms of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh states. And he said they can't give delivery of my car for 3 months!

When I started questioning them about their wrong promises, Sanvi Ford tried to clam me down by offering me another deal. That is, they will give me Ford Ecosport top model for a price difference of around 2lakhs.

But I am not ready to take that offer since my family loved the Aspire and we were badly waiting for the car.

It's ridiculous! Since Sanvi promised me the delivery of my new car with in 10days, I have already sold my existing car and managing my travel by an auto rickshaws in this hot summer.

My question to Ford India is: are you really not aware of such dealerships of yours who mislead customers to fulfill their need for money and targets? I never ever expected such bad service and attitude from Ford. I deeply regret choosing a Ford as my new car.

Ford India, if you really bother about your customers feelings, than try to change your dealerships attitude and please keep up your promises. I feel Sanvi Ford Nalgonda has cheated us and played with our emotions.
I just cant tolerate this.

Ford India: kindly respond to this and do needful to me. If you can not give the delivery of my new car as promised then provide me any equivalent car until I get my car.

Anticipating quick response
Suman Bhokray

Last edited by noopster : 17th March 2016 at 11:49.
sumanbhokray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 13:58   #718
BHPian

re: Sanvi Ford Nalgonda fails to deliver promised and paid-up Aspire, offers "compromise" instead

Dear friends,

I have sent that text to Ford India with a hope that they may help me.

Waiting for their response. I will update this post with the reply from ford.

Last edited by noopster : 17th March 2016 at 11:50.
Old 12th March 2016, 14:22   #719
BHPian

re: Sanvi Ford Nalgonda fails to deliver promised and paid-up Aspire, offers "compromise" instead

- So, basically, you have given full payment to the dealer Sanvi Ford and you wanted a new Ford Aspire.
- The dealer promised delivery in 10 days.
- On 10th day, the dealer said that Aspire is not available for immediate delivery.
- In lieu of Ford Aspire, he has offered you an Ecosport provided you pay the difference.

Now, this is what I made out from your thread so far. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Coming to the options you have:

a) Have you tried to cancel your booking with Sanvi Ford and check for availability of the Ford Aspire at another dealer? If you are interested in Ford Aspire, that seems to be one of the alternatives.

b) Alternatively, you may consider buying an Ecosport after the price cuts announced the day before yesterday. It may be a smart decision since the Ecosport, has suddenly, become more affordable and value for money.

c) Or, you may just cancel your booking and seek a refund. Have you sought a refund of your money and has the dealer responded to your request?

In this case, the dealer took your booking and full amount without checking the availability details from the plant. That is unprofessional, but something that dealers in India are good at.

Last edited by noopster : 17th March 2016 at 11:51. Reason: Please don't quote a large post in its entirety- makes things difficult for our small screen users
rdhawan15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 14:32   #720
mxh
BHPian

Sorry about your horrible experience. I would advise you to take a full refund due to non delivery of the car in the stipulated time frame. What do you mean by equivalent car, you have paid for a new car and there is no reason for you to accept anything other than what you paid for. Seems like you are a first time car buyer. I hope you have it documented somewhere regarding the 10 days commitment. Ridiculous that the car is hardly seeing sales of less than 1000 a month and still Ford is unable to deliver the car on time!
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks