Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2016, 14:41   #721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
Coming to the options you have:

a) Have you tried to cancel your booking with Sanvi Ford and check for availability of the Ford Aspire at another dealer? If you are interested in Ford Aspire, that seems to be one of the alternatives.

b) Alternatively, you may consider buying an Ecosport after the price cuts announced the day before yesterday. It may be a smart decision since the Ecosport, has suddenly, become more affordable and value for money.

c) Or, you may just cancel your booking and seek a refund. Have you sought a refund of your money and has the dealer responded to your request?

In this case, the dealer took your booking and full amount without checking the availability details from the plant. That is unprofessional, but something that dealers in India are good at.
Thank you for responding.

No- I dont want to cancel the order cause the stamp duty and the charges I paid for the car loan is not refundable.

Yes the Ford Ecosport option is great, but right now am not prepared for the difference amount to be paid.

I am not checking with the other dealerships because I don't want to spare these Sanvi Ford guys who made wrong promises to pull out money from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
What do you mean by equivalent car, you have paid for a new car and there is no reason for you to accept anything other than what you paid for. Seems like you are a first time car buyer.
I meant a car to use till they give me my new car which I have paid them for.

No, am not a first time car buyer. I am a owner of 7 cars so far.

Last edited by ampere : 17th March 2016 at 16:02. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 12th March 2016, 16:26   #722
BHPian

re: Sanvi Ford Nalgonda fails to deliver promised and paid-up Aspire, offers "compromise" instead

Update1:

Received a phone call from Ford India.

Pooja said she will contact the dealer and will get back to me.

And she said she will look into this and do the needful as soon as possible.

Last edited by noopster : 17th March 2016 at 11:55.
sumanbhokray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 18:10   #723
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
... and 60 DAYS LATER she's back where she belongs.
Congrats Sam!It is wonderful to hear that she is up and running as before.Work had kept me from posting in this forum for quite a few days.Nevertheless I feel that it is still not late to congratulate you on your car's resurrection!

Coming to my Aspire TDCi,it had its first couple of highway experiences recently.

First trip was about 150 Kms away from Kolkata, to near the Sunderbans delta region, by a state highway. Of the 300 Kms travel,in almost 120 kms, constructions were going on at frequent intervals with the roads being concreted and thereby they were literally in shambles with huge potholes and also places with steep gradients to freshly concreted portions from the old asphalt surface.The car was loaded with 5 people.The suspension got thoroughly tested and I am happy to say that if one takes care to slow down and negotiate carefully,the Aspire is quite capable of handling bad roads without bottoming out.

Second trip was to the interiors of Burdwan,again approx 160 Kms away from Kolkata,but among this 320 kms,200 km was through super-smooth Durgapur Expressway(NH2).This time also there were 5 people on board.Since the car has already been 1500 Kms run,this was the first time I opened up the throttle past 2000 rpms and reached upto 3000 rpms occasionally .Aspire reached speeds in excess of 100 kph extremely briskly. Cruising along the highway, I realized how true the words of fellow BHPian Mobike008 were,when he said that Aspire TDCi can outrun most of the cars in the highway with a performance that defies its small car status.Brawling Sumos,Innovas and Taveras,the boisterous yellow plate Dzires and the boy-racer small hatches were out-gunned easily.During returning,dusk had fallen and by the time I hit the highway the trucks were having a field day.The Aspire was easy and sure-footed to pilot, as I had to weave in and out of the trucks hogging all the lanes.

Some overall observations:

1.The AC was on 100% of the time in both trips with the ACC set between 21 and 23 degree C.The cabin was kept at a comfortable temperature throughout both the journeys.In some parts the roads were extremely dusty and filled with smoke from the burning tar from the construction sites,but with the ACC in re-circulation mode, there was no hint of outside smoke and smells seeping into the cabin.

2.I got about 17.4 km/l average as per MID in the first trip.Couldn't calculate mileage by tank-full to tank-full method that time.But second time I did a tank-full to tank-full calculation which returned a figure of 17.57 km/L in actual(Total distance travelled was 325 km and Aspire gulped down almost 18.5L of diesel before she was full to the brim again). The MID this time was showing 17.8 Km/L.

3.The leather seats in Titanium+ are highly comfortable on long journeys.Both the front and back occupants did not complain of any discomfort during the journey.Perhaps the perforated leather was also responsible to some extent for the fact that our backs did not sweat while driving through scorching sun and a humid weather.

4.I felt the headlights to be adequate if the road is dark,but as soon as there is glare from oncoming traffic headlights,I felt the need for more powerful illumination.I felt that the fog lights are directed a bit low,experienced members who have driven extensively during nights can shed more ‘light’ on this.

5.I had a stray dog dart in front of the car on the expressway as I was doing close to 100 kph.Brakes did a good job of slowing me down enough, without any drama, to let the animal cross the road.(It helped that I wasn’t being followed too closely by anyone)

6.A 12V socket for the back seat passengers, like that in the Ecosport, is sorely missed during longer trips.Ideally I would have also preferred another one in the boot to park any powered cool-boxes during long highway trips in summer.Come on Ford,atleast give us some ‘official’ options to add a couple of charging sockets.In this day and age of gadgets galore, a lone 12V socket is not sufficient enough.

7.Suspension of the car felt quite good.On bad roads there was not much lateral or vertical movements to complain of in the back seats also.Expressway cruising felt quite flat with no excessive bobbing and pitching.

8.I do not know what a pure ‘Ford like handling and steering’ is supposed to be, as I have never driven a Fiesta or an old gen Figo,but the Aspire handled smoothly,predictively and followed the curves of the road beautifully at sane speeds.I did not have any complaints regarding the steering in the city and neither do I have complaints after taking it to the highways.The steering weighs up nicely as speed climbs and feels fairly direct and communicative to a person like me who is used to driving Hyundais.

A few pictures of the car amidst the lush green rice fields of rural Bengal(Pics taken with a mobile,my Motorola G3,so sorry for the loss of sharpness at full resolutions)-

Ford Aspire : Official Review-1.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-2.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-3.jpg

P.S.-Since the car has 6 airbags,I have been somewhat successful in convincing family members that all the added investment to pick a car with all this safety goes to vain if one doesn’t buckle up.So the biggest satisfaction from both trips for me was that every one, including the middle passenger in the back seat, was buckled up 100% of the time.
dragonov007 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 21:02   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
P.S.-Since the car has 6 airbags,I have been somewhat successful in convincing family members that all the added investment to pick a car with all this safety goes to vain if one doesn’t buckle up.So the biggest satisfaction from both trips for me was that every one, including the middle passenger in the back seat, was buckled up 100% of the time.
Wonderful! 3 cheers to that. I wish there were more folks as safety conscious as you.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 12:41   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
I felt that the fog lights are directed a bit low,experienced members who have driven extensively during nights can shed more ‘light’ on this.
You're right - the fog lamps are useless in the default position.
Both the fog lights have a knob to adjust the light throw. The left one is harder to reach, but the right fog lamp is very accessible. Just look for it and you'll be able to adjust them up as needed.
I'd gotten them adjusted by my SA and now they actually provide a *very* useful throw of light to the sides and to the front.
d3mon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 08:48   #726

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekay View Post
The upshift from 5th to 6th gear happens after driving at 70+ speeds for some time (may be 10 to 15 seconds?). However, the downshifting happens almost immediately if your speeds go below 70. I could be wrong about the exact speed, but the general behaviour is the same.

By the way, do you notice any sound when the engine upshifts from 4th to 5th (around 58 to 60km/h)?
To elaborate on the upshift sound from 4th to 5th gear, it is more like a minute thud, very hard to notice, but there is also an accompanying vibration that is felt on the gas pedal if you carefully observe. Will have it looked at on the first service.
seekay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 12:52   #727

Auto Dimming IRVM with Reverse Camera - Ford Figo/Ford Figo Aspire

I recently purchased the Ford Figo Aspire and got the accessory suggested by the showroom guys that has the reverse camera.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...1&d=1458025922

Somehow I was mislead that this has the auto-dimming feature. But after I got it installed, the power button would not enable the dimming feature but would only adjust brightness of the LCD display to the left corner.
When I called the showroom, the technicians said that it does not have the feature. But the other accessory sales head said it does. Clearly, none of them had any idea what I was talking about. So after some explanation about how the Hyundai Verna has the same size IRVM with reverse camera display and an auto dimming feature, they told me that this one does not have the same feature.

It was a real surprise to me as I paid Rs.12,500 for this accessory and the headlights from the rear hit pretty hard into the mirror and to my eyes.
After a few arguments with the showroom, I have got it uninstalled and they said they would refund the money; Thankfully!

Now I have tried to look up a lot of posts regarding this but there isn't much detail. Apparently, the Ford Ecosport owners also have been mislead into believing that this has auto-dimming but sadly it didn't.

I was wondering if the Hyundai Verna's or the new i20's IRVM would fit in the Ford Figo Aspire.
Personally I would not like to have a seperate LCD just for the reverse camera.
Can someone help?
Any Ford Owners who have come up with a modification for this?

Also, I have found a link to the mirror on aliexpress. (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Auto-...08.4.33.EKXGAU)

Does anybody have any idea if this would fit?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-1249164159310.jpeg  

jbrainrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 12:03   #728
BHPian

Re: Auto Dimming IRVM with Reverse Camera - Ford Figo/Ford Figo Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrainrd View Post
I recently purchased the Ford Figo Aspire and got the accessory suggested by the showroom guys that has the reverse camera.

.........Does anybody have any idea if this would fit?
Congrats on the purchase, welcome to Aspire Club, while the car is pure vfm, Ford have made it difficult for themselves not to trust with such false advises, end result is very evident in sales figures every month.

Good thing they have agreed to refund in your case.

I too was keen for auto reverse accessory (with auto dimming option, if it ever existed) but exorbitant pricing was deterrent to my purchase decision.

Do visit this DIY, hope this helps.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...dai-creta.html

Also, pl be informed about Warranty implications for non-FORD approved accessory.
Old 16th March 2016, 19:23   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrainrd View Post

Somehow I was mislead that this has the auto-dimming feature. But after I got it installed, the power button would not enable the dimming feature but would only adjust brightness of the LCD display to the left corner.
Congratulations on the purchase!

If i have to count how many times i have been misled or spoke to clueless staff at ford on my fingers, i will need more fingers I was one of the few early customers of Aspire and found that i was more aware than the salesman. It was clearly evident that they had started selling the car with almost no training. That may be the reason for the poor sales at present. Most of the time I could not hold on to the accessory manager and even when i could his responses were vague. I too went for this reverse camera only to know later on that it did not have reverse dimming. I am not missing it much though.

If you want to see how clueless people talk, head straight for a Ford showroom.

Coming to the list of things they didn't provide or had no clue of -

- Anti roll bar. My car did not have it but was advertised with it.
- Gear shift indicator. Its there in the brochure but not on the car.
- Missing Front Fog lamp indicator (when fitted as an accessory)
- Auto dimming on IRVM. Clueless staff again..
- No Aux input in the music system. When bought separately they don't provide aux. Why? Clueless again
- A heavy engine. Clueless again.
- Frequent alignment requirements. Clueless again.
- More general cluelessness during service or repairs.

Now the first 5 are minor niggles which one can live with. But their cluelessness on the last two issues is just unpardonable.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 00:24   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post

- Gear shift indicator. Its there in the brochure but not on the car.
There is a gear shift indicator. Maybe your Eco Mode is off, therefore it doesn't indicate to upshift.
Old 17th March 2016, 09:34   #731
BHPian

My Aspire TDCi has crossed 5700km now. Couple of questions:

1) The alternator never switches off while driving, even on 30 min plus trips.

This was confirmed by going to test mode (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3850760) and scrolling until I get to the battery voltage display. While driving, it stays in the range of 14.3 to 14.8V, which indicates that the alternator is on.
I distinctly remember that some time back, it used to (intermittently) go down to 12.8/12.7V while driving, which indicated that the alternator had been turned off. Perhaps it was before the first service when I got a Powertrain module update?

Can someone confirm if their alternators are always on while driving too?
The other relevant thing here is that the battery voltage with the ignition on hovers around 12.2 - 12.5V. While cranking the engine, it goes down to as low as 9.4V on the onboard display. Are these values too low? Could it indicate a fault with the battery? Seems like the battery isn't able to get fully charged to 12.7V. Crank times are perfectly fine though.

2)I get a "Ser on" reminder on switching on the ignition, even though my car went through the first service at 2500KM.
No fault codes / lights. Is that just a service reminder? Why is it coming on now?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-ser-.jpg  

Last edited by d3mon : 17th March 2016 at 09:36.
Old 17th March 2016, 11:19   #732
BHPian

Your voltage readings are fine. Don't worry. And yes, the alternator is always 'ON' when the engine is running as it operates on the drive-belt on the engine. There is no on-off operation here. Specially in a diesel engine which also does vacuum duties. What makes you think that alternators go 'off'? If there is a malfunction in the alternator circuit, your Battery Light will come on in the meter console showing that the alternator is not charging. While the engine is on, that is.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 12:18   #733
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sanvi Ford Nalgonda fails to deliver promised & paid-up Aspire, offers "compromise" instead

@sumanbhokhray- I think you should be firm in your choice and insist that Ford deliver your promised car at the earliest. There's no reason a committed delivery gets pushed out except if they diverted your allotment to someone else, either as a favour to somebody influential or for monetary considerations. A company like Ford needs to take this very seriously. Trust me, am sure somebody in their social listening department is already tracking this thread!

Good luck and do keep us posted. Hoping to see an ownership review of your new Aspire Titanium+ very soon!

Last edited by noopster : 18th March 2016 at 07:49.
Old 17th March 2016, 12:36   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Your voltage readings are fine. Don't worry. And yes, the alternator is always 'ON' when the engine is running as it operates on the drive-belt on the engine. There is no on-off operation here. Specially in a diesel engine which also does vacuum duties. What makes you think that alternators go 'off'? If there is a malfunction in the alternator circuit, your Battery Light will come on in the meter console showing that the alternator is not charging. While the engine is on, that is.
From the information that I could find online, there are definitely cars which can turn off the alternator. In addition, I remember seeing the battery voltage alternate between around 12.6-12.7 (alternator off) and 14.5V+ range previously, which is why I asked if other people are seeing a similar behavior.
Old 17th March 2016, 12:58   #735
BHPian

Re: Sanvi Ford Nalgonda fails to deliver promised & paid-up Aspire, offers "compromise" instead

Quote:
Mr.Vasunth mentioned verbally an on-road price of 9.80lakhs
But the quotation I received from Sanvi Ford was for 10.14lakhs and they told me that they will give me return cheque for the difference amount at the time of delivery.
I gave the bank DD for more than 100% payment to Sanvi Ford Nalgonda on 04/03/2016
Sorry, I don't understand the above. Why would they take 10.14l, instead of 9.8l and give a return cheque for the difference?

Why would you give them a bank DD for more than 100%?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks