Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2016, 18:48   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffi View Post
Special thanks to sam and mobike008 for your inputs in the forums, it really helped in taking the final call.
Welcome to the team-bhp family, and a bigger welcome to the Aspire family.

I'll assume the 'sam' you mentioned here is me - so "you are welcome "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Adani View Post
plan to get a light beige leatherette. Cheers!
Quote:
Next task is to get some accessories and so need inputs on the type of seat covers that might go with the interiors. The dealer is quoting 6.5k for seat cover, is it worth?
Try to avoid very light beige as it soils easily, but if you do get it, then choose a material that cleans easily. I would suggest a couple of shades darker than the OEM seat covers.

The Ford seat covers are definitely not worth it. I should know - I bought them. You will get better options outside. There you could also get a custom design.

Sam
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 20:10   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Do Ford offer optional alloys (14" or 15") for the Figo twins? I find the standard issue alloys boring on an otherwise nice-looking pair of cars.

I'd love to have the Fiesta alloys (the 10-spoke star shape) if I buy this car.

P.S. Forgot to ask, does Ford allow swapping out alloys or are there 'warranty' shenanigans involved?
Well, answering your first query, I have the Ford alloys as shown in the picture below.

These are available as an accessory for the Ecosport and also came as standard on Fiestas.

I haven't encountered any shenanigans on the tyre upgrade yet, as these don't look like they have been up-sized and it takes a keen eye to notice.

PS: Even I wanted the 'star' alloys you posted, but they are not available here in Hyderabad.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-image1.jpg  

laxmanrk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 08:29   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Well, answering your first query, I have the Ford alloys as shown in the picture below.
Looks neat. What is the size of the tyre there? Is it 195 60 R15?

How much is Ford selling this for?
Old 23rd May 2016, 08:55   #874
BHPian

The 195/60R15 will be too tall and the overall diameter of the tyre will be higher than the stock 14"ers.

I have 195/55R15. These are about 2% taller than the stock tyres.

Ford usually sell only set of 4 and I wanted set of 5 - for which I was quoted 28k. I bargained a bit and got the alloys for 24k. Also selling the original alloys with new tyres to a local tyre dealer fetched me a good price so in the end I didn't have to shed much from my pocket.
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:30   #875
BHPian

Coming back to Ashish's post, I noticed this heating issue in the DCT in my earlier days too. I have mentioned that in my ownership thread, where putting it in Sports Mode, and revving it high will invariably leave a discernible 'stench'. Guys, you can drive for an hour in stop-go and free-revving open roads, and observe when you get out of the car that you feel the car is warmer from the sides. For taller people, you will invariably brushing against the insides of the center console, and a drive will leave the sides of the console warmer. Not sure if I am being clear. Let me know what everyone here has experienced, and Ashish, if you can kindly update here on what the service center had to say about it.[/quote]

Hi Methecupid, took my car to Harpreet Ford, Jahangirpuri on Saturday. Apart from doing the software upgrade, they also tried to diagnose the heating issue.

First thing, they washed the radiator-condenser (as per them the position is too low for Indian dusty conditions, and the condenser will need pressure wash every 20-25 days (weird..!). Then we went for a long drive to check the temp behavior, finding no problem, as the stretch was clear highway (while the car gets overheated in bumper-to-bumper traffic only). Also, I noticed that the driver was very light on accelerator, resulting in temp ranging from 41 to 43 degrees... After all-clear from them, while I was driving back, temp ranged from 43-48 degrees.

So, I guess I will have to keep watching the temp behavior for some more time, and also learn to use lighter foot (especially during the peak summer months).

Last edited by Ashish B : 23rd May 2016 at 12:31.
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:31   #876
Senior - BHPian

Finally, got my FSA done today. Took them just under 5 minutes. The RCM module software was replaced and that was it. The trip meter and average readings have reset to zero after this.

I had also asked them to switch off the 'ser on' display. From what I saw, the technician held down the brake pedal and pressed the MID switch down for about 5 sec.

Noticed on screen that the petrol engine shows as 1.19 L (not 1.2 L)
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:43   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I have a friend who owns the 1.5 Tdci titanium. The car is approaching 10k kms and and he plans to go for a service next week. The recommended engine oil is semi synthetic 5W30. Has anyone switched to synthetic oil? Does FASS offer to switch the car to synthetic oil?
You are right 5w30 is semisynthetic which recommended by ford. Dont even think of switching to purely synthetic due to engine warranty issues in future.
Old 27th May 2016, 16:43   #878
BHPian

Took the car to Harpreet Ford Moti Nagar today for a follow up visit in relation to the wallowing/wobbling issue that came up after the third service. Called the reception yesterday for an appointment at 2 PM. Received a message for 9.45 AM. Called again to change that to 2 PM, got an appointment for 2.15 PM. Well, no issues so far. Reached the Service center @ 2. PM and shockingly they do not have space for cars to enter their premisis It was so chock a block. I usually do the service and follow ups on weekdays to avoid this chaos only.

I had a hint that there is no way my car is going to be handled soon. Waited at the reception for 45 minutes. Could barely find someone to talk to. To make matters worse they do not have my booking registered in there schedule inspite of me having received a confirmation message twice. Now this has happened precisely for the third time - I receive a message confirming the appointment but the service manager does not have my name in his schedule/roster. Took the car back. Will try some other time.

The reason for chaos was the Ecosport recall. There were other frustrated customers as well who had received numerous calls confirming if they were coming or not only to find no one attending to them at the service center. Why do they take so many bookings in the first place? The experience could not come at a more apt time. Brand transformation!
AKTRACK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 12:26   #879

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Hey Vikram, welcome to the Aspire family and to team-bhp. I see it's your first post here. My first post was also in this Aspire thread Ingot Silver is a great choice of colour (mine too).

Share a picture of phone in the Dock - want to see what trick you did to fit it in there.

Seat covers are a must, but try not to go too dark - it makes the interiors feel smaller.

Post the ICE query in the Aspire/ Figo audio upgrade thread.

Sam
Here is a pic of the dock with the 6" lenovo vibe z2 pro in it...
Also attached a youtube link of the same...

Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20160528_175147.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20160528_175451.jpg  

Vikram Adani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 15:59   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Adani View Post
Here is a pic of the dock with the 6" lenovo
I didn't think one could fit a 6 incher in the dock so I settled for a 5.5 inch phone that too after a lot of apprehension . I was very keen on a large screen phone especially for in car entertainment. Yeah, the trick for a rattle free snug fit is to first set the dock lid in place and then slide the phone inside.

If you do it the other way round, that is putting the phone in first and then closing the lid on top it doesn't seem that tight fit.
AKTRACK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 18:30   #881
BHPian

Took the car to Harpreet ford, Moti Nagar yesterday again to mend the wobbling issue that had started after the third service. Service center was chock a block again with jam of cars waiting well outside the service center for service. They said they are getting almost 100 cars a day. The number reach 50 by 10 - 11 AM. Had to wait 15 minutes for the jam to clear. One could barely find space to take the car in.

Spoke to the service manager who first said he will not be able to deliver the car the same day. Heck! I thought this will atmost take an hour. After telling him that I have come again in less than a week, since in the last visit too they have had their hands full, he sent the car for a test drive. The guy who did the TD agreed that wobbling is there. And it is because of uneven wear. He inspected all tyres and said all had uneven wear I was stumped. I have got the wheels aligned and weighted 4 times in 20k kms. How could that be possible.

As an afterthought, to be honest, I always fear of a situation when the issue is not grave enough to be replicated in front of them. I was fearing that they will straightaway deny the issue. Their simple formula of acknowledging and issue is a warning light or a thing that is so broken that it is visible to the naked eye as broken. Apart from that I don't think they consider anything else as issues. Forget talking about engine smoothness, wallowing, steering feedback and other finer nuances.

The TD guy spoke to the service manager in front of me. He acknowledged the wobbling issue and abnormal tyre wear. They were clueless as to why the tyres were wearing unevenly. I questioned if there is a suspension issue to which the service manager said that none of the Aspires have had suspension issues till now. I also mentioned that i have been getting the wheels aligned and balanced more than necessary. The service manager asked me to take the car to an authorized MRF showroom saying that the tyres and battery issues are looked by respective vendors. He asked me to then tell him later what their findings are.

Now if something made by Bosch is not working properly in my car am I supposed to take my car to Bosch Anyways I agreed thinking that MRF being out and out tyre guys will be more efficient in pin pointing the issues. Haven't yet taken the car to MRF yet.
AKTRACK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 19:32   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
The service manager asked me to take the car to an authorized MRF showroom saying that the tyres and battery issues are looked by respective vendors. He asked me to then tell him later what their findings are.
Do you have to pay at MRF? Or is it covered under the vehicle warranty. And what is the duration of warranty. Don't think MRF can afford to give 5 years Warranty

I have not got a separate Warranty Card for the tyres and battery. Did anyone else get it?
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 19:57   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Do you have to pay at MRF? Or is it covered under the vehicle warranty. And what is the duration of warranty. Don't think MRF can afford to give 5 years Warranty

I have not got a separate Warranty Card for the tyres and battery. Did anyone else get it?
Pay MRF? I am not sure. Infact I am totally unsure of what unfolds next. One thing that will happen for sure is a blame game between MRF and Ford with me playing the messenger

It can't be the tyres, me thinks.

Good that you pointed about the warranty cards. I don't think I got them. Did anyone else get them?

The battery is from Ford only. Is someone else making it?
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 23:11   #884
BANNED

Quote:
Do you have to pay at MRF?
Quote:
Pay MRF?
Yes, IMO you'll have to go and get the car Wheel aligned, Balanced and Rotated at MRF T&S Centre once to be sure. Yes, you'll have to pay unless you create a ruckus at Ford on warranty claim.

@AKTRACK: Can you post the pictures of your cars tyres?

I have observed these MRF T&S centres have the correct values for all cars regarding Alignment and Balancing.

Reason I am telling this is, I had bought 4 MRF ZLO's for my Swift with a 5 year warranty IIRC and within 1 month (read 5000 kms) it started developing a humming noise at 40 kmph only. I took it to MASS got wheel bearings, suspension components checked for this noise. Since the tyre was new I never doubted it. Also got it Aligned, balanced and rotated at MRF 3 times shelling out my money.

Tired with this exercise, I raised a complaint at MRF FB page and also with the local T&S Centre. They sent a useless representative who did many TD's but the MRF representative was blatantly blaming Maruti and my car for defect rather than the tyre. On the other side Maruti is damn sure it is the tyre at fault and not my car.

Finally at my FNG, I swap the front tyres with Apollo Amazer and the moment I reach 40 kmph it is silent and smooth. Recorded a video and sent it to MRF. They were convinced now and I got a replacement in terms of 4 new MRF ZVTV. Irritated with MRF, I swapped those 4 ZVTV for Michelin XM2. Now I am a happy.

Quote:
The battery is from Ford only. Is someone else making it?
Quote:
I have not got a separate Warranty Card for the tyres and battery.
There is no separate Warranty Card for tyres or battery. Ford looks after it and cooperates with the OEM if a complaint is raised.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st June 2016 at 23:13.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 21:41   #885

Hello fellow aspire owners,

I just did a mileage test today just for the sake of it, as i took the long ORR route today. I was surprised to see that the fuel economy was far better in 80 - 100 range.
The overall avg came out to be 30 kmpl. . I doubt if it is genuine as i was trying to maintain a constant 80 kmph.
It was for the stretch of 60km on ORR from Gachibowli to Medchal exit.
Any thoughts ??

P.S: I was well within legal speed limit for the road.
The images were taken on an empty stretch
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_0011.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_0005.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_0008.jpg  

bhargavgunreddy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks