Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 22:48   #886
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavgunreddy View Post
Hello fellow aspire owners,

I just did a mileage test today just for the sake of it, as i took the long ORR route today. I was surprised to see that the fuel economy was far better in 80 - 100 range.
The overall avg came out to be 30 kmpl. . I doubt if it is genuine as i was trying to maintain a constant 80 kmph.
It was for the stretch of 60km on ORR from Gachibowli to Medchal exit.
Any thoughts ??

P.S: I was well within legal speed limit for the road.
The images were taken on an empty stretch
The average fuel consumption indicator was quite accurate when I checked it during my first tankful. There was only a 1.2 kmpl difference between the displayed fuel consumption and the mileage calculated via the tankful method. My figo diesel is in its running in period so I am maintaining 60-80 kmph on highways. I got an average fuel economy of 26 kmpl over a 150 km highway trip.

Last edited by bullrun87 : 6th June 2016 at 22:52.
bullrun87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 23:12   #887
BHPian

Quote:
I just did a mileage test today just for the sake of it, as i took the long ORR route today. I was surprised to see that the fuel economy was far better in 80 - 100 range.
Really nice figures there! They should have given a 6 speed gearbox with the TDCI with the 6th doing 100 around 1800 RPM. The engine has enough torque to pull without a downshift from 1500 RPM and it would have given ~30 kmpl on highway trips!

Last edited by theredliner : 6th June 2016 at 23:17.
Old 7th June 2016, 15:02   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Took the car to Harpreet ford, Moti Nagar ....

The TD guy spoke to the service manager in front of me. He acknowledged the wobbling issue and abnormal tyre wear. They were clueless as to why the tyres were wearing unevenly. .....
Let me share my experience.
I recently had second service done for my TDCi and during TD at service center the guy noticed unusual Tyre noise and thoroughly inspected them. Kudos to entire team here who were genuine in their approach and suggestions.

Tyre Make? again guessed it right, its MRF!!

The tires have uneven wear and Tyre noise beyond 60kmph.

I am advised for a thorough check with MRF guys!
Let see what happens next.

I thought I have shared this earlier but could not find in my breif search.

Bottom line: Aspire TDCi with MRF has uneven tyre wear out issue!!!
novicefreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 18:21   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Let me share my experience.
I recently had second service done for my TDCi and during TD at service center the guy noticed unusual Tyre noise and thoroughly inspected them. Kudos to entire team here who were genuine in their approach and suggestions.

Tyre Make? again guessed it right, its MRF!!

The tires have uneven wear and Tyre noise beyond 60kmph.
Thanks for sharing novicefreak. I thought I am the only one facing this. In the meantime can you share pics of your tyres as Anurag had requested before. I will be sharing mine soon.

Kindly keep us posted on what happens next. I have not been able to take the car to MRF due to paucity of time. What is concerning me, god forbid, if it is not the tyres but some other structural issue. I have a few highway trips lined up and am not comfortable taking the car on highways with this issue.
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 13:24   #890
BHPian

Quote:

Kindly keep us posted on what happens next. I have not been able to take the car to MRF due to paucity of time....
@AKTRACK,indeed thanks for your initiation this post regardin MRF tyre on Asprire!

I am yet to find time to visit MRF for thorough investigation.

In the mean time, at Service center, tyre rotation, WA, WB were performed.
Some niggles like alignment is still present, obviously due to uneven wear out of tires.

As such there is no such issue for long travel etc, except for the noise.

I haven't taken any photographs, the service centre guys took photographs and forwarded to their team.

Will keep updating from my end.

Thanks!!
Old 9th June 2016, 18:26   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
As such there is no such issue for long travel etc, except for the noise.

The service centre guys took photographs and forwarded to their team.
I must say they are paying good attention to your issue with taking the photographs and all. My dealer has been less interested.

Took the car to MRF T&S (Tyre Arena Patel Nagar). They are a franchisee. Got a alignment, balancing and rotation done. The noise and wobbling hasn't gone. The car does feel a bit better to drive though but i just cannot ignore the tyre noise. The mechanic suggested the following -

- Take the car to an independent garage and get your car checked for suspension issue and bush/bearing wear. Infact he advised to get the thorough check up done. He pointed out the issues with the tyres but could not figure out why they have come up. He also said that a lot of DZires were coming up with similar problems to him.
- One of the tyres had the middle tread worn in a haphazard way. Some tread blocks were more worn out than others.
- One of the tyres had the inner tread worn out.
- The toe was woefully misaligned. Not sure how as I had got the car recently aligned and balanced at Ford. Will be sharing the alignment report soon.
- Castor and Camber were within limits.
- One of the rims had developed a sway. What I understand is it is not revolving linear to its axis. He said that will need to be changed and cannot be corrected.

All in all got more perspective but the problem still persists. Planning to take the car to Ford again.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 08:51   #892
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow aspire owners,

The overall avg came out to be 30 kmpl. I doubt if it is genuine as i was trying to maintain a constant 80 kmph.
It was for the stretch of 60km on ORR from Gachibowli to Medchal exit.
Any thoughts ??
Bhargav, that's fantastic FE figures for the ASPIRE. I'm yet to cross the 18kmpl breach in my car as I think it takes nerves of steel to drive constantly at 80kmph on best road in India (ORR)

30kmpl is instantaneous FE calculation based on your driving pattern but, the moment the speed and driving characteristics change these figures also change accordingly so it's genuine for that moment

However, the right way to calculate the overall fuel consumption is always the conservative "auto-cut" method at each tank-full

Above feature is meant only for instantaneous gratitude and to induce a feel of pride that doesn't really exist at the end of a tankful

P.S: Btw, I thought you recently bought the ASPIRE. I see you have done 18,000kms already?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 10:07   #893

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Bhargav, that's fantastic FE figures for the ASPIRE. I'm yet to cross the 18kmpl breach in my car as I think it takes nerves of steel to drive constantly at 80kmph on best road in India (ORR)

30kmpl is instantaneous FE calculation based on your driving pattern but, the moment the speed and driving characteristics change these figures also change accordingly so it's genuine for that moment

However, the right way to calculate the overall fuel consumption is always the conservative "auto-cut" method at each tank-full

Above feature is meant only for instantaneous gratitude and to induce a feel of pride that doesn't really exist at the end of a tankful

P.S: Btw, I thought you recently bought the ASPIRE. I see you have done 18,000kms already?
True mobike008. Did it just for the sake of testing, after watching that NDTV show about aspire marathon run .
Normally it hovers around 20 kmpl in daily usage.

Yes, Its been six months since i got my hands on aspire.
It has been to vizag, tirupathi etc. Combine that with my parents daily commute of 100km to and fro from their work adds up to current mileage.
So is mine the most experienced aspire here ??

Also 30kmpl is not the instantaneous kmpl, i have reset the trip kmpl to 0 before start , so it is the trip kmpl for the entire 60km range.
As you can see from pics that instantaneous kmpl was varying greatly depending on throttle.

So it was 30kmpl for that 60km trip. Isn't it ?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th June 2016 at 10:46. Reason: B2B posts merged.
bhargavgunreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 19:06   #894
Senior - BHPian

I discovered a BIG PROBLEM today.

So its been raining for the past couple of weeks and my car does not have a roof over its head. Its got a cover to protect it from the elements - and living beings (cats, dogs, humans).

I had taken out all the mats for washing on Sunday and the car hasn't been used since. Today when I go to put back all the mats I notice that the whole inside of the car is full of moisture and the front passenger side floor is all wet. I noticed a trail of water coming in from the door beading at the bottom. Pictures attached.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-1.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160611_092206.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-3.jpg

The lighter portion is the dry area. Anyone else facing this problem?

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160611_092905.jpg
That's the car cover. And no, its not waterproof.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th June 2016 at 08:09. Reason: Correcting image orientation
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 22:08   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I discovered a BIG PROBLEM today.

So its been raining for the past couple of weeks and my car does not have a roof over its head. Its got a cover to protect it from the elements - and living beings (cats, dogs, humans).

I had taken out all the mats for washing on Sunday and the car hasn't been used since. Today when I go to put back all the mats I notice that the whole inside of the car is full of moisture and the front passenger side floor is all wet. I noticed a trail of water coming in from the door beading at the bottom.
IIRC, it was the front passenger door that was damaged in the accident. If that's the case, you should immediately contact Ford ASC for the problem and get it repaired by them FOC.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 12:19   #896
BHPian

Quote:

All in all got more perspective but the problem still persists. Planning to take the car to Ford again.
Thanks for the updates!!!

Yesterday, I had been to MRF Main Office along with FORD Executive.

MRF attributes the reason of uneven wear and tear of tires to some alignment issues with Aspire(s) [I am not too sure with this reasoning] and suggested to follow alignment and X rotation of tires for every 5000km.

The tread depth (if I can call it) ranges from 7.5mm - 7.8mm.

( Interesting info, the guy there mentions that, earlier too, there have been some dozen such Aspires reported with uneven tyre wear and tear)

Positive about FORDs approach so far, they are doing their best to resolve.

Lets see how this goes from here.
Old 13th June 2016, 13:48   #897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Do Ford offer optional alloys (14" or 15") for the Figo twins? I find the standard issue alloys boring on an otherwise nice-looking pair of cars.

I'd love to have the Fiesta alloys (the 10-spoke star shape) if I buy this car.

I mean these, probably painted gun metal grey on a white Figo
Attachment 1509173

P.S. Forgot to ask, does Ford allow swapping out alloys or are there 'warranty' shenanigans involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Well, answering your first query, I have the Ford alloys as shown in the picture below.

These are available as an accessory for the Ecosport and also came as standard on Fiestas.

I haven't encountered any shenanigans on the tyre upgrade yet, as these don't look like they have been up-sized and it takes a keen eye to notice.

PS: Even I wanted the 'star' alloys you posted, but they are not available here in Hyderabad.
Congratulations for your new purchase.
Since I got mine, the biggest dilemma also has been which alloys to go for as the stock R14's are the worst looking in the history of all hatch's and CS

Went to the nearest Ford (S.C - Goregaon, Mumbai) and clicked the available options here. The star shaped R14, a slightly different Star shaped R14 and the best of the lot R15 from the stock fiesta.

R15 from Fiesta definitely looks the best. Also though, the star shaped R15 on the export Ford Ka looks cool as well

It has to be one of the latter two and I'm going to attempt getting one on the export ones' , else Fiesta R15 it is.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th June 2016 at 15:52. Reason: deleting externally hosted image. Pls. use the team bhp upload attachment option only.
Old 15th June 2016, 18:49   #898
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford India has decided to ditch the "Figo" part of the badge from the Aspire sedan.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-fordfigoaspire32.jpg

The sub-4m Ford offering will henceforth be known as the Aspire only.

An official communication regarding this change in nomenclature is expected from Ford in the next few days.

Quote:
The Aspire probably used the Figo badge to take advantage of the name that has done well with for the previous generation hatchback.

However, the new Figo and Aspire twins haven’t done well, despite offering a strong package. The change in name is mostly to differentiate between the two products that might have individual branding strategies.
Carwale
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 10:41   #899
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, can anyone who has fit the Reverse Parking Sensors at Ford share pictures of the wiring. I'm planning a DIY and want to see what connectors they have used.

Pictures of the aftermarket fit wiring are also welcome as that it what I will have to do eventually.
Old 29th June 2016, 11:21   #900
BHPian

@Sam- I am using the Autocop PP 9000 reverse parking sensor from Ford,with the graphical display embedded in the centre of the clip on rear view mirror.It is accurate till 20cm of the obstacle.

I am attaching the wiring diagrams below from the manual.See if that helps you in any way.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-1mmghbfal3hfdnky3q63wfq5.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-5ta68ayncrqb47a6sd5f419f.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-6xa4jahuvex7dbjl87gjbtub.jpg
dragonov007 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks