Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2018, 07:33   #1621
BANNED

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
What is the make of your tyres? If it's MRF, then it's definitely because of the tyres. I recommend you to write immediately to Ford India and your tyres will be replaced under warranty, since it's below 10k kms.
The tyres are Apollo Alnac. I am going to write it to Ford soon. The noise inside the cabin becomes unbearable at higher speeds and on rough roads.

Just wanted to ask how does the SA measure the noise inside the cabin?
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 07:54   #1622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
The tyres are Apollo Alnac. I am going to write it to Ford soon. The noise inside the cabin becomes unbearable at higher speeds and on rough roads.

Download a decibel monitor app, record the sound levels with the SA in your car and then compare it with their test drive car, or some other car of the same model and variant. Difference, if any, should be obvious.

Last edited by samaspire : 30th August 2018 at 07:55.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 08:09   #1623
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Download a decibel monitor app, record the sound levels with the SA in your car and then compare it with their test drive car, or some other car of the same model and variant. Difference, if any, should be obvious.
Thanks. I am sure it will help. Can you also share ideal readings for the noise inside?
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 08:12   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Excessive tire noise could even be due to higher tire pressure. With a car with good ride quality the harshness of excessive pressure isn't felt immediately but rolling noise is higher. Apollo's are the best among Indian tire brands.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 08:18   #1625
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Excessive tire noise could even be due to higher tire pressure. With a car with good ride quality the harshness of excessive pressure isn't felt immediately but rolling noise is higher. Apollo's are the best among Indian tire brands.
I agree that Apollo makes good tires. I keep the pressure at 32 always as suggested by Ford. The models such as Alnac 4g, etc are very good but the Apollo in my car is an entry level Alnac. I maybe wrong because I have limited knowledge about tyres and the tyre brands. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 30th August 2018, 08:30   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I am sure it will help. Can you also share ideal readings for the noise inside?
No use. You will need to convince the SA with first hand experience. First drive the TD car yourself to ascertain if it is indeed quiter than your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Apollo's are the best among Indian tire brands.
Quote:
... but the Apollo in my car is an entry level Alnac.
I had the same Alnacs which were replaced with Michelin XM2s. Noise reduced noticably but it's still present. The biggest difference though was in road grip, high speed stability and ride quality.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 11:16   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
I recommend you to write immediately to Ford India and your tyres will be replaced under warranty, since it's below 10k kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Sam, I think I want to shift to your place. The SA here dismisses many a vibration and noise as not present. I'm reluctant to fight with them. I was having a wonderful experience from Nissan and Volkswagen here but not Ford.

How do you write to Ford? Which id?

Which decibel monitor app are you using. Will the SA really agree to it?
Old 30th August 2018, 11:20   #1628
BHPian

Got the second labor free service today @ Ranchi Jayshree ford. Reported at 9:45 and was out by 10:40. Opted out of washing. Bill came out at Rs 2042 initially but got them deduct the screen wash shampoo charge which I had conveyed not to put. Parts replaced were oil, oil filter and air filter.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-screenshot_20180830111319.jpeg
Old 30th August 2018, 13:50   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Sam, I think I want to shift to your place. The SA here dismisses many a vibration and noise as not present. I'm reluctant to fight with them. I was having a wonderful experience from Nissan and Volkswagen here but not Ford.

How do you write to Ford? Which id?

Which decibel monitor app are you using. Will the SA really agree to it?

I'm really happy with Cauvery Ford here. Not that they don't screw up - but they are eager and willing to rectify it. And response to any of my issues has always been good.

In your case, don't fight with them, but insist on it. That is why I suggested the decibel meter to Nitin. (Any free app on the store). That will show the problem in numbers which no one can deny. Comparison with another car of the same make is the only way to convince them.

But, if things don't move forward then contact Ford Customer Care. Phone, e-mail, Facebook. I found private messaging in Facebook to be the most effective way. They will ask for your number and call you on that.

And don't forget, Ford dealers are very very particular on getting full marks in the service feedback. Use that to your advantage.

Last edited by samaspire : 30th August 2018 at 13:52.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 19:19   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
They can't and won't. But what always works is customer noise If you are persistent you may get a tyre change albeit at some cost. Tyre noise has always been a problem in the Figo Twins. The MRFs that my car came with were nasty. Then I got them changed to Michelins but it is still not a quite cabin. I don't know what is contributing to that noise.
Old 30th August 2018, 20:55   #1631
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
They can't and won't. But what always works is customer noise If you are persistent you may get a tyre change albeit at some cost. Tyre noise has always been a problem in the Figo Twins. The MRFs that my car came with were nasty. Then I got them changed to Michelins but it is still not a quite cabin. I don't know what is contributing to that noise.
I suppose Ford India was changing the tyres free of cost for cars with less than 10000 kms. I have been observing it since a long time. I am confident that the tyres are the main culprit behind this noise.
I have raised a complaint again and waiting for someone from Ford to contact me. I will keep everyone updated about any new happenings.
Old 31st August 2018, 10:41   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
I am confident that the tyres are the main culprit behind this noise.
Got the Yokohama S-Drive on my Figo for the past 10K kms and it’s unbelievable how much the noise has gone down. And the Grip, Amazing.
They are 195/60mm on 14” stock blacked out alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Then I got them changed to Michelins but it is still not a quite cabin. I don't know what is contributing to that noise.
Okay, so couple of places I could tell you from my experience of the Figo,

1. Check the rubber seals of the door. Specifically of the rear door near the latch.
2. The boot seal, as water seeps through in a lot of cars, including mine, so the rear rubber seal could be the culprit.
3. Could be the valve at the floor where spare tyre is kept.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 11:33   #1633
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Got the Yokohama S-Drive on my Figo for the past 10K kms and it’s unbelievable how much the noise has gone down. And the Grip, Amazing.
when did you change your tyres? was it with the help of Ford or did you get it done on your own expense?
I am also looking for painting my alloys to black. can you please share a picture of them and what is the cost at which you got them painted?
Old 31st August 2018, 11:50   #1634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
You put 195/60 on 14"! Can you please share few snaps of the setup, front back and side, couple of long shots to see how much 195 protrudes outside and to get an idea of the side wall height.
Old 31st August 2018, 12:47   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
when did you change your tyres? was it with the help of Ford or did you get it done on your own expense?
I am also looking for painting my alloys to black. can you please share a picture of them and what is the cost at which you got them painted?
Check out mobike008's ownership thread. He has painted the alloys black.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks