Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2018, 11:19   #1711
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I see very little other information on mineral levels and such (sulphation, nitration..) in that test. Soot is within limits as are the other parameters measured.

eg :
As stated in the post, the most important parameter is the TBN and it is very much within the permissible limits and so are other parameters. The remark at the end of the report states that the oil is good for further use and that's what matters.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 11:22   #1712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
As stated in the post, the most important parameter is the TBN and it is very much within the permissible limits and so are other parameters. The remark at the end of the report states that the oil is good for further use and that's what matters.
Basicity is OK for the oil. The general consensus though is that this Ford specific oil is already at the lower end of viscosity in 5w30, and shears to about 0w20 levels by the time it has run 5000 miles / 10k kilometres.

Ford is recommending 0w20 low viscosity oils for its gasoline driven sedans in the USA by the way.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 11:37   #1713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Change a bit earlier and avoid injector clogging issues later on.
Can you please explain how does oil change relate with injector clogging? I have more of city driving rather than highways.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 11:48   #1714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Can you please explain how does oil change relate with injector clogging? I have more of city driving rather than highways.
For DI engines, gradual accumulation of gunk in the engine due to more infrequent oil changes leads to blowby - and then clogged injectors. It is a much faster process when you don't change oil much or at all - to the point where your engine starts to belch black smoke.

But even in engines with a regular (but longer drain interval) oil change using oil that isn't specced for extended drain - which the Ford oils aren't, you would get a gradual series of deposits in the engine so by the time you've done 80-90k km, you run into injector issues.

https://automotive-imports.com/what-...-bad-injector/
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 07:08   #1715
BANNED

I have a 11 month old Aspire. I am experiencing high rattles from the front left side of the dashboard. I went to the service centre before as well but there was no solution to the problem. Trying my luck again this time. Anyone else also experiencing/experienced such issue? Anything which I should be careful about?
mrbraindead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:31   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbraindead View Post
I have a 11 month old Aspire. I am experiencing high rattles from the front left side of the dashboard. I went to the service centre before as well but there was no solution to the problem. Trying my luck again this time. Anyone else also experiencing/experienced such issue? Anything which I should be careful about?
I faced this dashboard rattling from the left side within a couple of months of my purchase. The rattling was from the glove box. I had the SVC take care of it during every service. The problem is that it would return after a few weeks again. I have been having this rattling noise for the past 2 years without any permanent remedy .
Now I have started to live with it.
The only reason I wanted to avoid the rattle is that apart from it being slightly annoying, it disturbs the otherwise super silent cabin of my petrol Aspire.
samcan123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 12:19   #1717
BHPian

Same with me. Seems like there is no solution for this rattling issue.

Two warranty replacements for my 20k kms run petrol Aspire:

1. My Aspire came with MRF tyres. The road noise had increase a lot since almost a month. I had a Goa drive coming up in Diwali week, so got it inspected from my local tyre guy. He said the tyres are completely gone! Went to Ford service center. They accepted that it was a tyre problem. Got the tyres replaced under warranty. Had to get it done the same day as was leaving for Goa the next day. The whole process was done in 3 hours. Fast warranty claims processing I must say. I had to pay 25% cost.

2. There was a noise from the rear left of the car. Showed it during the visit for tyre replacement. The SA said that the left rear suspension is damaged and needs to be changed. My car had clocked 20,400 kms at that time. SA said suspension is covered only till 20,000 kms, and not covered under extended warranty. He said that I can get it changed after my Goa trip, as the damage is not major. I dropped an email to Ford customer care after returning from my Goa trip. Got a call from them next day that they will replace it under goodwill warranty. Took the car to the same service centre and got it replaced in 4 hours.

Last edited by Ketan T : 3rd December 2018 at 12:21.
Ketan T is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 10:54   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123
The rattling was from the glove box.
My diesel Aspire too have this same rattling issue from the dashboard. Audible mainly in idle RPM. Really a faint noise, hard to pick up unless pointed to but once you notice it, it is annoying and distracting.

There are few more. One being the left front passenger seatbelt hook vibrating against the B pillar side plastic. Second one is from rear, feels like boot lid squeaking and flexing. Last is from the bottles placed on door bins. By far this one makes the most noise, so much so that you forget about anything else.
Old 4th December 2018, 11:15   #1719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
the left front passenger seatbelt hook vibrating against the B pillar side plastic
Even I have heard this sound a few times but later came to know that the person sitting on the front passenger seat has not retracted the seat belt properly while getting down. This caused the seat belt to get twisted and the hook started vibrating against the B pillar. Once I adjusted the twist and retracted it properly, the noise went away.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 11:28   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Talking about rattles and flexing noises in the Aspire,which is very well present in my car too, there was a new sound which was getting more pronounced over time and it felt like it was coming from the front left suspension.

It started only recently and it was present as long the car was moving, in neutral as well. The suspension I felt cannot be the culprit since the noise was more like a plastic rattling sound and was there even on level ground as long as the car was rolling.

Since it was difficult to get the noise when the engine was idling, I made my wife turn on and off the engine few times with me standing with the hood open since the engine vibrates quite a bit as a whole when shutting down. Finally traced the noise coming from the bottom of the air filter housing and then I remembered that there was an intake pipe that connects to the bottom of the air filter housing. It is plastic and can be moved a bit and is not stuck to the air filter box, rather just latched. That had got loose and started rattling. Now I am wondering how to keep it stuck to the air filter box since apart from the creaking sounds inside the cabin, this is more annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Even I have heard this sound a few times but later came to know that the person sitting on the front passenger seat has not retracted the seat belt properly while getting down. This caused the seat belt to get twisted and the hook started vibrating against the B pillar. Once I adjusted the twist and retracted it properly, the noise went away.
This is true, happened with me as well and realized the belt is not sitting properly.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th December 2018 at 11:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 01:45   #1721
BHPian

Visited the service centre for the temperature sensor noise. The technician noted the vin, logged in to the ford website for the tsb's. I glanced and could notice few tsb's for the aspire.
1. Road noise above 70 kmph for vehicles fitted with Apollo tyres.
2. Noise from HVAC system and changing the entire mechatronics for the same.
3. Clutch pedal hard, spring to be changed.
4. Alloy wheel Lug nut issues

The mechanic suggested that the issue might be point number 2 and the entire dashboard would be dismantled for the same. I said I have no courage to hand over my car for such jobs to this service centre. It's a mess. Gave him team bhp Gyan about the temperature sensor. Showed him the the bill of the Service where the sensor was changed foc for a car of a bhpian and few YouTube videos. The mechanic said he would get in touch with ford act accordingly and asked for some time.

Came back home and pulled out the panel that covers the sensor below the steering wheel column and found that buzzing culprit.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20181211_210517.jpg

Have sent the pictures to the mechanic and asked him to order the same asap.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 21:26   #1722
BHPian

Ford takes team bhp seriously. They noticed the last post and have arranged technicians from Dhanbad to visit Bokaro and look into the issue tomorrow.

Received multiple calls from customer care, dealership and other officials and they were very eager to help out.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 21:37   #1723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Ford takes team bhp seriously. They noticed the last post and have arranged technicians from Dhanbad to visit Bokaro and look into the issue tomorrow.

Received multiple calls from customer care, dealership and other officials and they were very eager to help out.
Excellent

Now this is precisely the kind of attitude I wish other manufacturers would adopt - watch for tbhp threads showing repeat problems or other issues and get them addressed.

Especially in terms of service and product quality issues this is very commendable.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 08:52   #1724
BHPian

Guys,

Does it makes sense to go for Engine Guard on figo aspire? It is shown as official accessory with price tag of 4480/-. I think we can get it from outside as well with no impact to warranty. Suggestions please

Regards
Sang
Old 17th December 2018, 10:29   #1725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Guys,

Does it makes sense to go for Engine Guard on figo aspire? It is shown as official accessory with price tag of 4480/-. I think we can get it from outside as well with no impact to warranty. Suggestions please

Regards
Sang
Yes, it does. Do let us know if it is a straight fit if you pick it up , since the engine guard is listed in the website for the new Aspire and when inquired they mentioned it fits only the new one.

Last edited by tharian : 17th December 2018 at 10:39.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks