Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2019, 18:22   #1786
BANNED

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ct/1701433001/

Absolutely devastated after reading this! I have been experiencing the gear box tantrums, faced the sudden launch at least once or twice a week. Complained several times, but the reply from service guys were "All is well "! Ford, I will never forgive you for putting my and my family's safety in line.

How will I able to sell my car now, knowing it has a faulty transmission? I will have to let it rot and become junk. Few months of my sweat has gone down the drain. Thank you Ford, I will forget what you did to me as a customer, but I will remember how you made me feel. This will be the last Ford in my life. And to Ford India, Google the word 'Integrity'.
Old 11th July 2019, 21:52   #1787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ct/1701433001/

And to Ford India, Google the word 'Integrity'.
Are cars in India affected? Didn't go through the full article, it's long. Can you summarise it for me, and the issue you are facing?
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 20:31   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
It is related to body control module reprogramming. It may be VIN specific.
Yes it's official now. Ford has given the recall for all Figo / Freestyle & Aspire manufactured between Sep 2017 to April 2019 for wiring harness replacement for BMS.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 02:08   #1789
BHPian

Recently did a 600kms round trip from Kolkata to Tarapith (pilgrimage site) with my Aspire TDCi. Started on a late Saturday morning & returned home next day by late evening.

Car was fully loaded with 5 heavy adults & boot full of luggage.

The road conditions were like 1/3rd excellent GQ NH2 with open long stretches. 1/3rd of single lane but well maintained road surface where as in between total of 1/3rd would be extremely broken or monster potholes & mountain size speed humps. I did encounter heavy traffic on the return leg at toll plazas so car saw some idle engine running time too.

I was able to maintain good triple digit figures on GQ stretch. Enjoyed the performance of this powerful engine & stability of this car.

Similarly the 1/3rd single lane required many down shifts & high RPM for over taking or building up speed if slowed down for something. The extra power & torque over typical 75bhp MJD made a huge difference with a fully loaded car.

Car handled broken roads extremely well except the speed humps. 175mm GC was of no use when it was fully loaded. Had to take all of them with angular approach but one bugger got me. Due to heavy traffic I couldn't position myself for that angular approach & it scraped badly. There was another bad incident where I ended up hitting a massive pothole. Although I didn't feel or notice anything underneath scraping but my suspension definitely made some scary sound.

Missed rear A/C vents since needed to keep the blower at higher settings for rear passengers. That said, no one complained about A/C performance except myself, as at driver seat, I was feeling the chill without any option to close my vents or lowering the blower speed.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-aspire_in_jungle.jpg

Overall the car returned 19.3 kmpl with 100% A/C at 20/21c settings. Very accurate with the MID shown figure when compared to tank full method. Could have bettered that easily if stayed within 80kmph & didn't rip it such hard on single lane sections.

Apart from those two incident, the trip was extremely enjoyable. Specially when going out for a sightseeing drive, Google Maps took me straight down to a river bed used by sand mafia trucks or some local vehicles. No, there wasn't any security fear, but driving via that river bed on monsoon season was some experience.

Only thing that keeps nagging my mind as how much damage did I do while hitting that monster pothole or scraping that mountain size bumper

Last edited by SDP : 31st July 2019 at 23:43. Reason: High-speed mention removed
NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 17:04   #1790
BHPian

A rat chewed off the wires of my Aspire. Ten thousand rupees for replacing the wires (hopefully this includes labor charges as well). Car is in Ford service center from Saturday as the wire is not available with them. Hopefully the wire will reach the service center today and I should get my car tomorrow. I never expected that a wire would be unavailable with the service center.

I have gone through the https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-car-rats.html thread and plan to try out some solutions mentioned there.
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 17:13   #1791
BHPian

Kindly do share some pictures & details about which single wire is costing Rs. 10k.

One of my friends i20 once needed wiring harnesses replacement & it was like 22k+labour if I remember right. So 10k for a single wire seems pretty high.
Old 7th August 2019, 18:05   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
One of my friends i20 once needed wiring harnesses replacement & it was like 22k+labour if I remember right. So 10k for a single wire seems pretty high.
Updated my post, its a bunch of wires. Not just a single wire.
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 12:45   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
I have gone through the https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-car-rats.html (How do you protect your car from rats?) thread and plan to try out some solutions mentioned there.
I have been a victim of voracious rat attack on my Dzire which made me so distraught that I was contemplating selling off my car immediately. The damage was so extensive that rats were entering the cabin and A/C ducts. Seat covers were chewed, rat urine and poo in cabin, chewed main harness wire which was supposed to be replaced for Rs 20,000. I almost did a PHD in understanding rat behavior through google that time. Here are my suggestions and observations.

1. You would NOT be able to completely eliminate rat infestation through any one method. It would need to change depending on your case. Some rats are really smart and you would have to outsmart them.
2. In the case of severe infestation rats leave behind an odour that attract all other rats around. If you reach that level it would be a good long fight.
3. Rats would usually infest cars in monsoons or severe winters. So watch out your engine bays more frequently during these times.
3. Start off with pepper spray. Rats do not like oleresin capsicum which is the main ingredient in these sprays. Spray inside engine bay, wires and on tires. You might need to repeat this application after 2nd week.
4. Cars that are parked at the same place each day are much more prone to rat attacks. So if possible keep changing the area where you park your car daily.
5. When rats started entering my car cabin the ONLY trick that finally worked for me was putting a stuffed toy cat that looked almost real on the front car seat. All other tricks such as tobacco leaves, naptha balls, brush with iron bristles failed.
6. You can also put traditional rat traps with bait near front tires.
7. Avoid mortein rat kill. It might lead to rats dying inside engine bay and cause more hassle.
8. Lastly, be prepared to accept that all above ideas might fail one day when some smart rat outsmarts you. Then try something new like 3M rat sprays, electronic rat repellent, led inside engine bay etc hoping something just might work!!
Maverick Avi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 16:19   #1794
BHPian

The electrical buzzing sound from the cabin temperature sensor has come back for the second time. The sensor was changed 7-8 months ago. Is there any permanent solution for this?

I have been experiencing/feeling increase in buzz/vibration from the clutch pedal and floor while driving. Any of you guys felt the same? There is also a buzzing noise from the bonnet latch which got reduced a bit after the mechanic adjusted the bonnet stoppers. Now I guess the bonnet buzz was due to the extra vibration from the engine. I am getting annoyed from the buzzes and noises now.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 30th August 2019 at 16:26.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 00:03   #1795
BHPian

The temperature sensor buzz is with me since long. Didn't wanted to get dirty hand marks all over while they remove the dash for replacement so left it as it is.

Rarely I am seating idle without A/C or engine running to notice that faint buzz so doesn't bother me much.

Now different driving conditions may end up creating different issues so service centre would be the right place to troubleshoot but as in general I have noticed dried up mud on radiators & intercooler puts bit more strain on engine & drive feels harsher with such mild vibrations.

Usually this also reduces the A/C effectiveness & I find my self setting ever lower temps on ACC. That is my indication get the car pressure washed & ask the guy to spray the behind the front grill properly.

Car feels lot smoother & quieter after those washing.

Then again, if your oil is old or may be too much of city usage then dirty air filter & less effective oil may also produce those vibrations.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 10:17   #1796
BHPian

For the first time they opened the front fascia and mobile dock to get access to the sensor and left screw driver marks all over. When replacing the sensor with new one, I was firm not to open anything and they did it by sliding hand from beneath the steering. Even I could do it. If left to hang, it makes less noise and if put in place, it buzzes like anything.

They even tried to clean the first one with compressed air, but the situation turned worse. Also, the machatronics of the HVAC makes wiered noises most of the times. There is a tsb for replacing it, but again the dashboard would be opened, which I don't want. I would prefer a manual ac system rather than this.

I keep the radiator and condenser area quite clean and even if I don't wash the car, I clean the front with pressure washer. Roads in my city are like highways and rarely there are jams and absolutely no red lights. The mid shows 21+ economy most of the times. Also, I get the service done before the actual time. 20000km service was done at 18500 kms. Planning to do the 30k service at around 27k kms.

I am not able to enjoy the drive due to these small irritants.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 31st August 2019 at 10:19.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 11:48   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
I am not able to enjoy the drive due to these small irritants.
To be honest, it's hard to judge the level of vibration & noise from typed words !!

But I can relate to one thing,

Quote:
20000km service was done at 18500 kms. Planning to do the 30k service at around 27k kms.
Ford given oil does starts to show such signs of mild harshness & vibrations for me too beyond 7k KMS.

But then again, you drive in much nicer place compare to my punishing city traffic conditions of Kolkata.

I guess give a visit to the A.S.C if you really think it's such bad with vibration & harshness.

Often after rugular continued usage, I too find many things with my Aspire some what irritating or annoying. All I do is put some KMS in another car from family & once I get back to my Aspire, & magically I find it likeable again without any extra work.
Old 31st August 2019, 23:03   #1798
BHPian

We are evaluating a used Aspire with DCT (Dec 2016 Manufactured). I have read about issues with Ford's DCT transmission globally. What is the scene in India? Any DCT owner who faced any issue so far? We have the option to go for a brand new Figo/Freestyle or an used but well maintained Aspire 1.5 Petrol with DCT. Any inputs or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 09:22   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
We are evaluating a used Aspire with DCT (Dec 2016 Manufactured). I have read about issues with Ford's DCT transmission globally. What is the scene in India? Any DCT owner who faced any issue so far? We have the option to go for a brand new Figo/Freestyle or an used but well maintained Aspire 1.5 Petrol with DCT. Any inputs or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I have a 3.5 yr old Figo with the 1.5 Petrol and DCT combination. The car has a mild judder when picking up from standstill when on a upward slope. This has been the case for a bit over a year now. I have brought this to Ford Service's attention at the last 2 services. They claim the gearbox is OK. They have installed a software update at the last service which made things better for a while.

I have purchased the 5 year extended warranty and am continuing to use the car.

Other than this, I have faced no other problems. It is a great car, very comfortable, gives me a consistent 10+ kmpl (measured tank full to tank full) in Bangalore traffic with the AC on full time.
ashenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 14:29   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
If you prefer peace of mind then stick to new Figo AT. DCT is inherently a complex technology and with news of issues cropping up worldwide why would you want to take that risk specially with an out of warranty vehicle. New Figo/Aspire come with torque converters which are reliable and a new Aspire would also fetch you a 5 year warranty. Anything luring you heavily into the Aspire DCT deal?
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks