Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2015, 11:51   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
The car which I bought at 7.2L just 3 years back, is depreciated by more than 50%. Argggggghhhh....
I believe that is the norm for most vehicles (except the Swift, and other 'best sellers' with a waiting period).
Heck, most buy back schemes are calculated on the ex-showroom price!

About the top speed - I would expect it to hit 190 kmph at the very least!
Old 20th October 2015, 13:11   #287

Hi everyone,

I have booked a Ruby Red 1.2 petrol (Trend) last week and expecting delivery during Diwali. I know that the 1.2 mil is not that great for an enthusiast, but after the TD i felt that it just fits my bill for commuting & occasional weekend getaways. The one pointer which is of major concern for me is of the rear visibility. I found the ORVM(s) to be way too narrow for my liking & the IRVM does not help either. Are there any workarounds to improve visibility? Does the blindspot mirrors help the cause in real-world conditions or will it be intrusive in the already narrow ORVM(s)?
Old 20th October 2015, 16:59   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Extended warranty pricing just in from Ford. Have added the sheet to the review as well.
What does "Prod. Type - Base" signify here?

Is this cost applicable for Base version only? If so, how much is the increase for Titanium variant?
Old 21st October 2015, 08:27   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the Periodical Maintenance Service schedule (PMS schedule*) for the Figo and Aspire taken from the owner's manual:
Ford Aspire : Official Review-ford-figo-aspire-pms-page-1.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-ford-figo-aspire-pms-page-2.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-ford-figo-aspire-pms-page-3.jpg

*The phrase 'PMS schedule' always cracks me up
arunphilip is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 09:31   #290
Senior - BHPian

Arun you seem to be able to source good material. See if you can get the Aspire service manual. I want to figure out if I can install the tacho on the base model. Getting the parts should not be a problem as it is a standard fitment in all other versions.
Old 21st October 2015, 19:34   #291
SJN
BHPian

Took delivery of my Ruby Red Aspire 1.5P AT last week from Sai Sakshi Ford . I will post my initial experience soon after crossing 100 on ODO.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-201510143288.jpg  

SJN is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 08:42   #292
Senior - BHPian

I just spotted this pic in the unofficial aspire thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3702721

This demo car shows the back seat as foldable with boot access to cabin. Wonder why it got lost in translation into the production version.

More importantly - can we do something to get this functionality?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-fordfigoaspirebootfromunveiling900x600.jpg  

Last edited by samaspire : 22nd October 2015 at 08:45. Reason: Link not inserted properly.
Old 22nd October 2015, 10:27   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I just spotted this pic in the unofficial aspire thread
This demo car shows the back seat as foldable with boot access to cabin. Wonder why it got lost in translation into the production version.
I don't think the photo shows the rear backrest as folded down - its the shadows that causes that illusion. If you look at the rear headrests in the same picture, you'll see they're in the normal position, indicating the seat back is not flipped down.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 10:54   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
Took delivery of my Ruby Red Aspire 1.5P AT last week from Sai Sakshi Ford . I will post my initial experience soon after crossing 100 on ODO.
Congrats! and 'same pinch'

Expecting delivery of my car early next month. Car is ready and waiting for me but because I am leasing it, the delivery is delayed due to paperwork.
vikrammohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 10:55   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post

Casually asked him what is the price offered if I trade in my 3 yr old, 50k run Figo TDCi Titanium, he said 3L
The car which I bought at 7.2L just 3 years back, is depreciated by more than 50%. Argggggghhhh....
I too had the same experience (70K run), ergo decided that I will drive the Figo for another 50K and then look for a change. I guess the residual resale value will not drop drastically beyond 5 years of ownership.
Old 22nd October 2015, 11:36   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I don't think the photo shows the rear backrest as folded down - its the shadows that causes that illusion. If you look at the rear headrests in the same picture, you'll see they're in the normal position, indicating the seat back is not flipped down.
Your post got me thinking, and checking. While the photo might not indicate that the rear seats fold in the Indian Aspire, something else does - Ford's Brazil website shows that the Brazilian Ka+ has folding rear seats as a standard feature across all trim levels:
Name:  Ford Brazil Ka Rear Folding Seat.gif
Views: 6569
Size:  7.4 KB
Source: http://www.ford.com.br/carros/ka-mai...acoes/interior (run it through Google Translate)

Quote:
can we do something to get this functionality?
Although the Aspire is a shortened version of the Ka+, I don't think the shortening will have changed anything inside the passenger cabin (since the wheelbase is the same for both full-size and compact sedans). So that should reassure us that it might be possible to retrofit a folding seat - maybe the rear seat from the Figo hatchback which does fold? Although that would result in losing the armrest (not to mention colour differences).
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 13:23   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
Congratulations on your buy. Ruby red looks fab on Aspire. Look forward to your ownership thread. It would be very helpful to know how the DCT performs for daily and highway commute.
Old 22nd October 2015, 17:21   #298
BHPian

I am attaching the image of IRVM with display that I purchased as an official accessory from Cauvery Ford. I clicked this at night when reversing in my parking lot. The back side wall is not visible in the light. Also is an image showing the mileage I have obtained so far in 1.2 petrol version.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151018_183132.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151018_183140.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151018_183245.jpg  

jowes is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 20:49   #299
BANNED

I booked Figo Base 1.5 on September(20k booking payment) and am left waiting till now. When i was reading the sales analysis report i was shocked to find that Swift/Dezire are selling 6 times more than the figo/aspire. But I'm left waiting and the dealer says i will be waiting for a month atleast to get one. I understand the marging crunch but they are already charging 22k for "preferred" insurance and another 6.5k as handling charges without a word of protest from my side. ( ex showroom is 5.41lac and the on road price is 6.36 lac). Can any one suggest me a way to get my car any sooner?
I'm opting for base because after 9 years in my indica zeta I'm perfectly OK with AC/PS alone and feel ripped at spending thousands on electronic gadgetry. Even if my budget is higher I would opt for a base Rapid or a base innova, black bumbper and all, such is my taste. Further im having a toddler who needs to be held in mother's hands and the mother needs to sit in front seat. These conditions make a passenger airbag outright dangerous. Beyond all that, slow speed(80kph) is the most effective safety option, above which one is putting someone else's life at stake, if not one's own.
One whimsical request to all going to ford show rooms. If anyone catches a glimpse of New Ford Fogo BASE, please take a snap and upload. I need one to show to folks at home.
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 21:16   #300
Senior - BHPian

I think you have answered your own question.
Ford and almost all the manufacturers go all the way to discourage their customer from booking Base variant. Mainly due to less or no margins on that variant but its definitely not a customer's headache.
We had Honda City Corporate Edition and Ford EcoSport Base Edition but were either discontinued or not made available to customer.
The standard reply one gets while going for the booking is 'Sir we have been allotted only one car per month'.
So the only option left to you is write to Ford directly and while doing so request them to send you a snap too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I booked Figo Base 1.5 on September(20k booking payment) and am left waiting till now.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks