Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2015, 16:46   #166
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

No cashless. That is sure. I need to check about the no of claims allowed . However large the claim i only will need to pay 1500rs as per the agent. I have not gone through the document it is in the car and with my Dad.
Old 2nd October 2015, 18:18   #167
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I did shop around for quotations (zero depreciation bumper to bumper ) and the cheapest that i came across was Rs 23320 by Royal Sundaram. You quotation sounds to good to be true. Does it include features like unlimited claims, cashless facility and voluntary deductibles ?
I had also got similar quote from Royal Sundaram online. But my SA kept on insisting that though my quote covers cashless, it will still not be hassle free for me since I will have to personally follow-up with service centre and insurance company to settle the claim. Instead Ford Preferred insurance will be completely hassle free as the service centre will take over the responsibility to settle the claim. Is this really true for cashless claim?

As I was not ready to pay the difference of 13000 for Ford preferred insurance, finally he came up with another option. He will buy the insurance directly from Royal Sundaram for around 25500 and take responsibility of claims for any repairs done in their service centre only. Still I am not sure if this is a good option or just sales pitch!
Old 2nd October 2015, 19:25   #168
BANNED

Any idea how to install after market front armrests? One guy offered to install it on to the seats itself. I would like to install it on the storage area, with the automatic car my left arm doesn't have much to do usually and it moves often to the gearshift . If I can find some resting place for the left arm, I can stop being paranoid !
Old 2nd October 2015, 20:07   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
Still I am not sure if this is a good option or just sales pitch!
No doubt it is a sales pitch..If you have not purchased it already, then purchase it from Royal Sundaram directly !!!
Old 2nd October 2015, 20:25   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Any idea how to install after market front armrests? One guy offered to install it on to the seats itself. I would like to install it on the storage area, !
Here is one idea on how to do it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-armrest.html
castiel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 09:09   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
I had also got similar quote from Royal Sundaram online. But my SA kept on insisting that though my quote covers cashless, it will still not be hassle free for me since I will have to personally follow-up with service centre and insurance company to settle the claim. Instead Ford Preferred insurance will be completely hassle free as the service centre will take over the responsibility to settle the claim.
Your SA is trying to pull a fast one. Royal Sundaram is one of the 4 Ford preferred insurers, so it should not make any difference if they do the insurance or you do it (other than the price).

This is what I learnt during my research:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post

Insurance
Ford has 4 insurance providers: bajaj allianz, royal sundaram, iffko Tokyo, United india (?). They allot them cars on rotation. I tried getting insurance directly from their sites. Bajaj rates are same. Iffko did not have aspire as an option. United site did not go through. Royal Sundaram called back and quoted 15,800 with additional benefits of 24x7 roadside assistance + unlimited claims in a year without affecting NCB + 2 lakh insurance for co-passenger + daily allowance. Cashless claims as they have tie up with ford india.

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
Tomorrow it will go to 3M for under body coating,Noodle mat ,exhaust coating and PPF.
Hey castiel, Do you have any pictures of the noodle mat installation. I plan to do a DIY and would love to see how the 3M guys do it.
Old 3rd October 2015, 09:52   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Completed 1000kms in 2 weeks

Ford Aspire : Official Review-unnamed.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 10:10   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Completed 1000kms in 2 weeks
How long is the break in period. Do share some tips on driving style during this period.
Old 3rd October 2015, 14:57   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Motorbeam has put up a video of the 0-100 test of the Aspire. The VBOX test indicates a 0-100 timing of 9.72 sec which as per them makes it the fastest diesel car manufactured in India. As per the tests it is slightly faster than the VW GT TDI. The Figo hatch is expected to be slightly more faster than the Aspire.

Source Link

Quote:
The Figo Aspire is the fastest manufactured (not assembled) diesel car in India. We did VBOX tests with the Aspire 1.5 TDCi and concluded that the sedan goes from standstill to 100 km/hr in just 9.72 seconds, which is quite fantastic. In comparison, the Honda Amaze does the same run in 11.82 seconds while the Maruti Swift DZire, Tata Zest and Hyundai Xcent take 13.76, 15.34 and 15.85 seconds respectively.

The Volkswagen Polo GT TDI is also a performance-oriented car but the Figo Aspire is faster than even that, by a very small margin. The GT TDI does 0-100 km/hr in 9.88 seconds according to our VBOX tests. The Hyundai Elite i20 takes 11.94 seconds to complete the same sprint. However, launching the Figo Aspire is a bit tricky since the front wheels spin a lot (due to the lack of turbo lag and strong low-end torque) and most of our runs averaged out at 10.1 seconds while with a clean launch we managed to get this timing of 9.72 seconds.

All our VBOX tests are conducted with the AC switched off, in night (the cool temperature helping) with a light-weight driver (73 kgs), there is no luggage or co-passenger in the car. While the Figo Aspire ticks all the right boxes when it comes to looks, equipment and comfort, the compact sedan also excels in performance and manages to satisfy the enthusiast in you.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:58   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post

Hey castiel, Do you have any pictures of the noodle mat installation. I plan to do a DIY and would love to see how the 3M guys do it.
Sorry No pics. Aspire is with my father and i will be going out of country tomorrow so will not see it for a month
Here is some pictures of how it is done in my Rexton.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20151003_153756.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20151003_153903.jpg

This time I didn't go to to 3m shop and they did a poor job in aspire compared to Rexton.(3 pieces instead of one single piece in the back like this)
Old 3rd October 2015, 19:17   #176
BHPian

Guys, I have a question to owners of any of the Petrol variants (1.2 MT or 1.5 AT). What is the practical, real life fuel efficiency that you are getting? What are your driving conditions and how much have you driven so far?
Old 3rd October 2015, 20:09   #177
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Guys, I have a question to owners of any of the Petrol variants (1.2 MT or 1.5 AT). What is the practical, real life fuel efficiency that you are getting? What are your driving conditions and how much have you driven so far?
Dear jetti, I drive a AT and I'm not kind on the accelerator. I get a mileage of 11km/ltr. I drive in a mix of 20 % City and 80% Highway(2 lane) traffic. And in Kerala most 2 lane highways are as good as moderate city traffic! I have only clocked 600 kms, so don't know what will happen later.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 00:51   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Motorbeam has put up a video of the 0-100 test of the Aspire. The VBOX test indicates a 0-100 timing of 9.72 sec which as per them makes it the fastest diesel car manufactured in India. As per the tests it is slightly faster than the VW GT TDI. The Figo hatch is expected to be slightly more faster than the Aspire.

Source Link
This makes the Aspire faster than a Polo GT TDI, Volkswagen Jetta and even the Cruze ! This really came as a shocker, considering its humble origins. Mods, please confirm if it can actually put out such figures.
Old 4th October 2015, 03:19   #179
BHPian

I went for a test drive of diesel Aspire on saturday and found huge vibrations when the gear engaged in reverse and was slowly letting off the clutch with no accelerator input. Can anyone confirm this?

Apart from the above, the acceleration is too good. But unlike my swift, this diesel engine needs some accelerator input from stand still (whereas just letting off the clutch will do in swift) is what I feel. I have cancelled POLO GT TSI booking and booked FIGO Titanium (ruby red).
Old 4th October 2015, 09:51   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Source Link
This report seems to have gone viral and doing the rounds everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
How long is the break in period. Do share some tips on driving style during this period.
This being my 8th brand new car in 15 years, Can I call myself an expert on breaking-in cars?

Jokes apart, its simple and follow below logical steps for first 1000-1500kms and is not based on any theory :

1. Plan in advance and don't brake hard
2. Upshift gears as early as possible (especially 1st & 2nd gears) and stick to a maximum 2500rpm till the break-in period
3. Keep varying the speed and rpms. Never drive either sedately or spiritedly. Varying the speeds helps bed in components nicely
4. I practice waiting for 30 seconds before shutting off engine after a drive is completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaks19 View Post
This makes the Aspire faster than a Polo GT TDI, Volkswagen Jetta and even the Cruze ! This really came as a shocker, considering its humble origins. Mods, please confirm if it can actually put out such figures.
There is nothing we can confirm as report clearly mentions the test was done using a VBOX system which is a very reliable equipment.

I used to drive a Cruze earlier which felt faster than my Aspire ( but, then I was running on Racedynamics box) and there is no way Aspire can feel better at high speed comfort & stability compared to the Cruze

Having said that, Aspire is certainly there with respect to how it reaches 0-100. It's indeed blistering fast if you know how to launch properly because Aspire gear throws are longer than I would have liked and also isn't the smoothest

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna777 View Post
I went for a test drive of diesel Aspire on saturday and found huge vibrations when the gear engaged in reverse and was slowly letting off the clutch with no accelerator input. Can anyone confirm this?
Must be specific to test drive car as TD cars are generally abused by several people. No such issue in my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna777 View Post
Apart from the above, the acceleration is too good. But unlike my swift, this diesel engine needs some accelerator input from stand still (whereas just letting off the clutch will do in swift) is what I feel. I have cancelled POLO GT TSI booking and booked FIGO Titanium (ruby red).
I don't agree. Even the Aspire crawls ahead without accelerator input and sometimes I find this irritating in heavy traffic conditions ( had similar grouse with my Cruze too)

So the trend has started. Enthusiasts cancelling GT TSI ( coincidentally, I test drove that car for Team-BHP and loved it to bits but, being a petrol wasn't a practical choice for my higher usage) and moving to Diesel Aspire
mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks