Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 12:48   #316
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
The pictures are not very clear and do not give an idea of whether it is useful. Maybe you can chip in with you experience of its user-friendliness and practicality.
Ford's solution for reverse parking is expensive and doesn't work that great. Its of no use when there is light as the IRVM is not anti-glare. It's of no use in darkness as the camera doesn't work well under the rear lights. The best option is to go for Camera + sensor. Together, are they worth 15K? Definitely not and one shouldn't go for it unless they are seen as a necessity.

Meanwhile with regard to mileage I am continuing to be impressed. Had a weekend trip to Salem covering 373 KM including 10 Kms of stretch where max speed was 40kmph and about 25 mins of waiting time in toll booths with car switched on. The overall mileage was 18.1 KMPL. In the forward journey, our car was lightly loaded with 2 adults and one kid and the mileage figure was 20+ with AC on! It dropped to 18.5 KMPL due to the 25 mins stop at toll booths. The reverse journey was fully loaded and we got a figure close to 18 KMPL.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-irvm.jpg  

jowes is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 15:40   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Since it is mentioned in the website and all the printed material, I now have doubts weather ford will be stupid enough to skip it in production. I'll assume the ETIS info is wrong, and also that the technical team gave me wrong info. Will do some more digging to get to the bottom of it.
I confirmed it again - twice. No Anti-roll Bar in Ambiente. I even checked a VIN posted on the Figo thread - even that does not have it.

What recourse do I have now. It's a clear case of lying about a feature that does not exist in the car. Now I'm not sure if I should cancel my booking.

OT: Does the 2008 Alto have an Anti-roll Bar?

Last edited by samaspire : 26th October 2015 at 15:41.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 16:13   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I confirmed it again - twice. No Anti-roll Bar in Ambiente. I even checked a VIN posted on the Figo thread - even that does not have it.
I'm not sure if you're referring to johannskaria's car in the Figo thread - his is an Ambiente. I checked the VIN on the ETIS site, and that too states "Less Front Stabilizer Bar". Maybe you could ask him to check the anti-roll bar in his Figo, during the PDI? Either ask a Ford tech to confirm visually by peeking beneath the car, or compare his Ambiente vs. a higher spec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
So the car has been chosen and the paper work is on its way! A sneak peak from stock yard.
Quote:
What recourse do I have now. It's a clear case of lying about a feature that does not exist in the car. Now I'm not sure if I should cancel my booking.
If you ask johannskaria, you can either wait to hear back from him, or directly ask Ford via their customer care email to provide a clarification, given what is specified on the website/brochure, versus what ETIS states.

My personal opinion (which is probably not even worth the electrons its written with) is that ETIS is wrong. I don't think Ford would selectively remove one such part from the suspension, and define it wrongly in the website and brochure.

Last edited by arunphilip : 26th October 2015 at 16:18.
Old 26th October 2015, 16:14   #319
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
Did the installation involve any wire splicing ? The dealers tend to create panic by stating any after market fittings especially electrical ones will void warranty.
I asked the same question to the shop owner but he assured me that it will not void the warranty since they are not cutting any wires. However, I must admit that I was not able to verify the same during installation since I was preoccupied with other things!

On another note, during my discussion with the accessories in-charge at Ford dealership, when I asked him for specific features in sensors and camera (like distance display), he told me honestly that features in Ford branded accessories are limited and most people look for better options outside!
Old 26th October 2015, 16:25   #320
BHPian

Quote:

OT: Does the 2008 Alto have an Anti-roll Bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I'm not sure if you're referring to johannskaria's car in the Figo thread - his is an Ambiente. I checked the VIN on the ETIS site, and that too states "Less Front Stabilizer Bar". Maybe you could ask him to check the anti-roll bar in his Figo, during the PDI? Either ask a Ford tech to confirm visually by peeking beneath the car, or compare his Ambiente vs. a higher spec.

My personal opinion (which is probably not even worth the electrons its written with) is that ETIS is wrong. I don't think Ford would selectively remove one such part from the suspension, and define it wrongly in the website and brochure.
To chip in the discussion, here is a screen grab for my Figo Titanium. It clearly says "With Front Stabilizer Bar"

Name:  STABILIZER.png
Views: 5321
Size:  10.3 KB

Was this specifically listed as being present in the brochure or in official Ford tech specs even for Base variant? If so, it can be simply termed as cheating on part of Ford.
Old 26th October 2015, 16:52   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
If you ask johannskaria, you can either wait to hear back from him, or directly ask Ford via their customer care email to provide a clarification, given what is specified on the website/brochure, versus what ETIS states.

yes I am referring to johannskaria's VIN.
And I have been speaking to Ford Customer Care all these days. When they confirmed today, I asked them about the info on the website and their reply was that they have asked for the website to be updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Was this specifically listed as being present in the brochure or in official Ford tech specs even for Base variant? If so, it can be simply termed as cheating on part of Ford.
The website still lists it as a feature for all variants. So what it basically means is that FORD IS CHEATING.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 08:22   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe the Aspire TDCi comes with semi-synthetic oil? Is that accurate information?

Iam planning to do 2 things during the 1st service at 2500kms :

1. Change from semi-synthetic to fully synthetic oil ( Any recommended brands?)

2. Even though the first oil change is recommended at 10,000kms, I plan to change oil & oil filter at 2500kms mark

Any diesel owner already did the above or planning to do?
Old 27th October 2015, 16:46   #323
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I believe the Aspire TDCi comes with semi-synthetic oil? Is that accurate information?

Iam planning to do 2 things during the 1st service at 2500kms :

2. Even though the first oil change is recommended at 10,000kms, I plan to change oil & oil filter at 2500kms mark

Any diesel owner already did the above or planning to do?
Avi don't bother with changing to synthetic. Ford is strict and will void engine warranty if you go for non Ford recommended oil.

What I would suggest is to go for an oil change every 5,000 kms instead of 10,000 with OE oil.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 19:38   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Avi don't bother with changing to synthetic. Ford is strict and will void engine warranty if you go for non Ford recommended oil.
+1 to sticking to Ford's oil. They use good quality Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 oil which ties in exactly with Ford's specification (WSS-M2C913-D) so I don't see a need to change oil brands, at least while in the warranty/extended warranty period. After that, you could change the oil, but just ensure that the oil used meets the spec WSS-M2C913-D.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What I would suggest is to go for an oil change every 5,000 kms instead of 10,000 with OE oil.
I was about to comment about the 3000 mile myth but decided to check the owner's manual before I shot my mouth off Good riddance too, because the manual states:
Name:  OilChangeSevere.gif
Views: 4906
Size:  13.3 KB
The heavy urban traffic criteria would probably apply to any major Indian city, and the dust criteria likewise to various parts of India.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 16:53   #325
BHPian

What tyre pressure to be maintained for stock MRF radials?, single passenger recommended level is 30 psi as per the sticker inside the car
Old 28th October 2015, 18:06   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
What tyre pressure to be maintained for stock MRF radials?, single passenger recommended level is 30 psi as per the sticker inside the car
For my Figo, the SA if more than 3 persons fill up at least 35 psi. Will check in the manual though.
Old 28th October 2015, 18:56   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The website still lists it as a feature for all variants. So what it basically means is that FORD IS CHEATING.
After multiple follow-ups I got this final reply from Ford India.

Dear Mr. Samarth,

Greetings from Ford India !!!

We are in receipt of your mail & noted down the contents,

We would like to inform you that Front Stabilizer Bar / Anti-Roll Bar is not available in Aspire 1.2 Petrol Ambiente Model. There was an inadvertent mistake in our website and we thank you for bringing this to our notice. We have taken this up with concerned department for correction.

Please feel free to contact us if you require any further assistance in this regard.

Regards,
Nithin

Ford India Customer Relations
Toll Free No 1800-425-2500 / 1800-419-2500.

- After choosing the perfect car for me, this is what I get. Now I might have to change my T-BHP handle from samaspire to sambaleno

But seriously - is there any regulator that we can complain to, and make Ford pay for this. Because every buyer of Ford Figo Base & Ambiente variants, and Ford Figo Aspire Ambiente variant (Petrol & Diesel) has been cheated.

Last edited by samaspire : 28th October 2015 at 19:01.
samaspire is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 19:23   #328
BHPian

Quote:
But seriously - is there any regulator that we can complain to, and make Ford pay for this. Because every buyer of Ford Figo Base & Ambiente variants, and Ford Figo Aspire Ambiente variant (Petrol & Diesel) has been cheated.
Of course yes. There's Consumer Forum or for that matter, since this is a case of fraudulent practice, it ought to be an open and shut case u/'s 420 of the IPC. Just keep the snapshot of Ford India's website showing incorrect information as a proof.

Triumph India/Street Triple fiasco, anyone?
Old 29th October 2015, 08:26   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Because every buyer of Ford Figo Base & Ambiente variants, and Ford Figo Aspire Ambiente variant (Petrol & Diesel) has been cheated.
This is quite unfortunate to know and certainly unethical. But, going by past instances, there is no meat in the matter as company will simply brush off any complaint saying it was a "typo" mistake in their website/brochures etc

Ford should have been extremely cautious of double checking all information before releasing it officially

But, its quite ironic that Ford made 2 airbags standard across the variants but, skimmed on anti-roll bars. I don't know what is their logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Triumph India/Street Triple fiasco, anyone?
Perfect analogy. I was a victim of the same. But, unalike Samaspire, we all got to know after buying our Triumphs. Anyways, the product was so good nobody actually complained and were happy with minor medications offered by Triumph dealership

Btw, I came across this yesterday. Continues to emphasize its a pocket rocket :

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 08:49   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...saying it was a "typo" mistake in their website/brochures etc
They have said as much over phone and in the letter.

Quote:
Ford should have been extremely cautious of double checking all information before releasing it officially.
This is not a case of oversight but of cheating. Because even the dealers are in the dark about the matter. My dealer was shocked when they confirmed the matter.

They couldn't skimp on the air bags because it's one of the advertised, salient features - but a missing anti roll bar is easy to hide.

My conundrum now is - should I still go for it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks