Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2015, 22:07   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
One whimsical request to all going to ford show rooms. If anyone catches a glimpse of New Ford Fogo BASE, please take a snap and upload. I need one to show to folks at home.
Guess there are some pics in this thread showing the base variant, not sure if its Base or Ambiente.
And yep, except for the rear wiper,ABS and tacho I don't find any need for the higher variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I think you have answered your own question.
Ford and almost all the manufacturers go all the way to discourage their customer from booking Base variant. Mainly due to less or no margins on that variant but its definitely not a customer's headache.
Yeah, went for a test drive and the SA outrightedly said the Base variant is not available and struck it off in the price list.
Old 23rd October 2015, 00:33   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
the seat back is not flipped down.
You are right. It's just an optical illusion.

Quote:
So that should reassure us that it might be possible to retrofit a folding seat - maybe the rear seat from the Figo hatchback which does fold? Although that would result in losing the armrest (not to mention colour differences).
Ambiente doesn't have armrest. Seat covers will take care of the colour.

I'm actually thinking of doing some jugaad with the existing seats. Let's see when it comes.

Btw my car got dispatched from Sanand today and I got the last 7 digits of the VIN number. Apparently the 1st 10 characters are common.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:59   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
I am attaching the image of IRVM with display that I purchased as an official accessory from Cauvery Ford. I clicked this at night when reversing in my parking lot. The back side wall is not visible in the light. Also is an image showing the mileage I have obtained so far in 1.2 petrol version.
That IRVM is a rip off just like the reverse sensors. Seems like cheap Chinese stuff was bought in bulk and is being sold for a bomb. The reverse sensors that they are selling does not even have a display and it's being sold for 2900 while ones with display are available for 800 on ebay.

But I'm happy with the mileage figures - they can only improve from there.
Old 23rd October 2015, 10:11   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
I am attaching the image of IRVM with display that I purchased as an official accessory from Cauvery Ford. I clicked this at night when reversing in my parking lot. The back side wall is not visible in the light. Also is an image showing the mileage I have obtained so far in 1.2 petrol version.
The pictures are not very clear and do not give an idea of whether it is useful. Maybe you can chip in with you experience of its user-friendliness and practicality.

I have a Ford Figo and I am confused between parking sensors and reverse camera. Parking sensors is comparitively easy on pocket (Rs. 2500/-) but reverse camera is seriously costly (Rs. 15,000/-) quoted by the dealer.

My society parking spot is very tight which was quite OK for my Santro but for Figo it's a Reverse - Forward - Reverse ritual while minding soceity gate pillar, a tree and a parked Swift.
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:30   #305
Senior - BHPian

All the changes between Ambiente and Trend extracted from the VIN numbers

Ambinete - Petrol ------------------ Trend - Diesel
-----------------------------------------B/C Pillar Decal
Rear Decklid Applique-Painted---------Rear Decklid Applique
With Manual Rear Windows------------With Electric Rear Windows
With Tinted Glass----------------------With Tinted Glass All Round
Int Environment Colour - Self----------Interior Environment Colour-Dark
With Carpet Floor Covering Level 1----With Carpet Floor Covering Level 2
Sunvisor - Single Driver W/Strap------Drivers Visor Mir/Flap/Tick Pocket
Snvsr-Pass / Mirror And Cover
With Level 1 Door Trim Panel----------With Level 2 Door Trim Panel
Less Insulator--------------------------Hood Insulator High Series
-----------------------------------------Ins-Eng Dash Outer Dash Lower Hi
Manual Dual Mirror-Manual Fold Back--Dual Power Mirrors-Manual Fold Back
With Self Colour Ext Mirror Finish------With Body Coloured Exterior Mirror
High Series Seat Trim------------------Leather Seat Trim
Less Rear Seat Centre Armrest--------With Rear Seat Centre Armrest
-----------------------------------------With Pass 2 Way Manual Seat Adjust
Exterior Door Handle-Self Coloured----Body Coloured Exterior Door Handle
Bl Vinyl Gear Sh Kb W/Unique Finish---With Soft Feel Gear Shift Knob
-----------------------------------------With Variable Intermittent Windscreen Wiper
Less Front Bumper Lip------------------Front Bumper Lip
-----------------------------------------5.5 X 14" Black Steel Road Wheel
Less Front Stabilizer Bar---------------With Front Stabilizer Bar
Parking Brake Knob Self Colour--------Parking Brake Knob Chromed
A/C Refrigerant-R134A-----------------Less A/C Refrigerant
-----------------------------------------With Tilting Only Steering Column
-----------------------------------------Soft Feel Type Steering Wheel
-----------------------------------------Less Speed Control
-----------------------------------------With KMH Speedometer
Less Tachometer-----------------------Tachometer W/Ingaging Shaft Ind
-----------------------------------------Roof Mounted Radio Antenna
-----------------------------------------Less Sync
Side Repeat Flashers W/Mic Bezel-----With Side Repeat Flashers
Less Front Fog Lamps------------------With Front Fog Lamps
Less Load Compartment Lamp---------With Load Compartment Lamp

2 things I discovered that are standard with the vehicle and not accessories:
Front Floor Mat-Driver Only
With Load Floor Carpet

2 questions:
1) Isn't the the missing front stabiliser bar a major miss. This will change the whole drive dynamics - but it was not mentioned anywhere.\
2) why is A/C Refrigerant missing the Trend Diesel

Last edited by samaspire : 23rd October 2015 at 13:36.
samaspire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:38   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
All the changes between Ambiente and Trend extracted from the VIN numbers
He he, so you're all busy with ETIS now, are you?
Quote:
Ambiente - Petrol ------------------ Trend - Diesel
Less Insulator--------------------------Hood Insulator High Series
This is because its a petrol Ambiente compared with a diesel Trend.
Quote:
Less Front Stabilizer Bar---------------With Front Stabilizer Bar
Less Front Bumper Lip------------------Front Bumper Lip
Now, that's interesting to see these differences, particularly with the stabilizer bar. That's assuming ETIS has these details fully accurate, because...
Quote:
High Series Seat Trim------------------Leather Seat Trim
-----------------------------------------Less Sync
...the Trend seems to have leather seats according to ETIS? It can't be a Titanium+ since there's no Sync.

I think some aspects of the ETIS data is not accurate/complete - one is the A/C refrigerant question you've raised. The other is that ETIS refers to these twins as the B562 model number, instead of the model name itself.

Last edited by arunphilip : 23rd October 2015 at 13:41. Reason: Typo: Ambinete -> Ambiente
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:57   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, that's interesting to see these differences, particularly with the stabilizer bar. That's assuming ETIS has these details fully accurate, because...
Even I'm not sure about the ETIS accuracy - but the stabiliser thing has got me concerned. Bumper Lip can be added later.

Anyway I've contacted my customer care guy again. I'll update when I know more.

Edit: just saw a ambiente diesel on road with bumper lip.

Quote:
Now, that's interesting to see these differences, particularly with the stabilizer bar.
Just got confirmation from the ford technical team.
No anti roll bar in Ambiente.

How would this effect driving in real world conditions. Other than hard cornering.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd October 2015 at 16:46. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 17:03   #308
Senior - BHPian

Test drove to my heart's content the Aspire Titanium (O) diesel variant yesterday. I am yet to find a fault in the car, no kidding. These are my personal view points on the car.

Top points completely in favor of this gem of a car. (I have driven a Zest for 1000 KMs and the Amaze for about 100 kms)

1) Looks: This is a very subjective point. But Aspire to me stands out because of the Aston Martin like front grill. The rear could have been slightly better, but still overall I liked the Aspire more than all others in the segment. Zest would be my 2nd favorite.

2) Interiors: Fit and finish is top class, may be Xcent has slightly better interiors. The Nokia inspired center console is really nice. But the top end Titanium (O) could have done with a 5" or 7" touch screen console at close 10 lakhs Rs on-road price point. But personally I am fine with current setup.

3) Sound quality: Just great ! I could not believe its the stock setup. Superb base, good treble and lovely feel to the ears. The volume range is also really high and you can really blast the system at extreme volumes.

4) Space: The legroom and headroom is very good if not the best. Coming from Vista, I thought the rear may not be as comfortable as Vista for 3 full size persons. But its not bad at all.

5) Drive-ability: Very good for me. I noticed zero lag throughout my long test drive. Infact, the car pulled really well on a very very steep slope with 4 adults and 1 kid.

Overall, I am satisfied and potential customer for Aspire diesel Titanium (O). Problem is that I also test drove the Duster just after the Aspire and that toned down the excitement of Aspire to an extent.
ajay_satpute is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:44   #309
BHPian

Took a test drive of 1.2 Petrol Titanium+ for 4-5 kms at Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon.

I was super excited about the product as generally I like Ford cars, review was excellent, and car looked appealing, mostly.

After the review, I was not expecting super solid build of Ecosport or handling of Fiesta or Figo. But what a bummer. Doors seem lighter than Swift, rear one more so (maybe it is just me). Rear one closed with particularly tinny sound. And handling at any speed is more like Wagon R. To call it mass market is a disservice to some of the other CS cars that handle better - based on my brief driving stint with couple of those. Steering stayed shockingly light.

PS: my current rides are Manza Quadrajet Aura+ and WagonR (both 5 year old ballpark). Manza is particularly heavier steering and I prefer that over the dead steering Aspire offers.

Most of the other aspects have been covered in the thread. Just wanted to share my disbelief at build and steering.
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:51   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just got confirmation from the ford technical team.
No anti roll bar in Ambiente.

How would this effect driving in real world conditions. Other than hard cornering.
Woah woah woah!!!

Just like the brake differences between the top end variants and lower variants in the old Figo and Swift, if it was not for Teambhp would have never known these facts.

Lost all my interest in the Base and Ambiente variants after knowing this fact. Can't even fathom how much of difference it would make without an anti roll bar.
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:56   #311
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I booked Figo Base 1.5 on September(20k booking payment) and am left waiting till now. When i was reading the sales analysis report i was shocked to find that Swift/Dezire are selling 6 times more than the figo/aspire. But I'm left waiting and the dealer says i will be waiting for a month atleast to get one. I understand the marging crunch but they are already charging 22k for "preferred" insurance and another 6.5k as handling charges without a word of protest from my side. ( ex showroom is 5.41lac and the on road price is 6.36 lac). Can any one suggest me a way to get my car any sooner?
I am not sure if this will work for you since it is the Base variant but you can check out other nearby dealers to see if they have one available. I had similar long waiting problem when booking my car and luckily another dealer had a cancelled booking, which speeded up things a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
The pictures are not very clear and do not give an idea of whether it is useful. Maybe you can chip in with you experience of its user-friendliness and practicality.

I have a Ford Figo and I am confused between parking sensors and reverse camera. Parking sensors is comparitively easy on pocket (Rs. 2500/-) but reverse camera is seriously costly (Rs. 15,000/-) quoted by the dealer.

My society parking spot is very tight which was quite OK for my Santro but for Figo it's a Reverse - Forward - Reverse ritual while minding soceity gate pillar, a tree and a parked Swift.
I was in a similar dilemma and came up with following options:
1) Sensors only: Cheaper but does not indicate location of obstacle. Also, it will not detect very small objects, irregular objects or wire fence. And the Ford sensors do not even show the distance from obstacle or which side is the obstacle.
2) Camera only: Expensive but the live video is quite helpful. However it will only show the area directly behind the car and not the area adjacent to it (though might be able to see it using ORVM). Also, there is no audible warning.
3) Camera + sensors: Most expensive but best option. Now you can see the video as well as get audible feedback for area not seen in video.

Finally, I went in for last option. I found an Autocop ParkPro system (camera + 4 sensors) for half the price of Ford's reverse camera. It also shows the distance from obstacle for each sensor on the display. Additional benefit: much bigger IRVM with anti-glare coating!
Old 23rd October 2015, 22:00   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
Finally, I went in for last option. I found an Autocop ParkPro system (camera + 4 sensors) for half the price of Ford's reverse camera. It also shows the distance from obstacle for each sensor on the display. Additional benefit: much bigger IRVM with anti-glare coating!
Did the installation involve any wire splicing ? The dealers tend to create panic by stating any after market fittings especially electrical ones will void warranty.
Old 23rd October 2015, 23:13   #313
BHPian

Absence of anti roll bar in base variants is shocking. Did not expect Ford to pull a cheap trick like that. If this is true, they should correct the info on their web site where they mention that anti roll bar is present in all the variants.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151023_230914.jpg  

heavenlybull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 00:57   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlybull View Post
Absence of anti roll bar in base variants is shocking. Did not expect Ford to pull a cheap trick like that. If this is true, they should correct the info on their web site where they mention that anti roll bar is present in all the variants.
Since it is mentioned in the website and all the printed material, I now have doubts weather ford will be stupid enough to skip it in production. I'll assume the ETIS info is wrong, and also that the technical team gave me wrong info. Will do some more digging to get to the bottom of it.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 19:50   #315
SJN
BHPian

My initial experience of 1.5P AT with the ODO touching 200 has been a great one.

What I liked:
  • What a looker! You will notice everybody checking out the car on the road. The best one was when I was driving on a highway patch and drivers of Elite i20, City and Scorpio allowed me to overtake by changing lane on their own, just to see the car in action!
  • Powerful engine, picks up speed easily
  • DCT gear changes are very smooth, albeit if you really pay attention you can notice the gear change at low speeds
  • DCT works like a charm with light to medium foot driving, once you get used to it. You can notice the lag only with heavy foot but it is tolerable.
  • DCT upshifts below 2500 rpm which should lead to good fuel efficiency
  • High GC is very useful. I and 3 adults had to drive on a muddy village road with lots of ups and downs but the car did not once touch the ground.
  • Brakes have a good bite (sometimes a bit too much considering the 2-wheeler coming from behind! )
  • It feels planted at high speeds and around corners.
  • Useful MID
  • Lots of small but useful things: headlights reminder, seatbelt reminder, MyFord dock, boot opens only below 5kmph, autolocking, etc.
What I did not:
  • ORVM size is insufficient (especially the LHS one due to the angle of view from driver's seat)
  • Rear visibility is not good and reverse sensors / camera is recommended
  • The engine is bit noisy especially when you work it.
  • Door locking / unlocking mechanism is integrated into the door handle itself. Though it is convenient, its very easy for children (even my 1.5 yr old) to unlock doors. So child-lock has to be enabled.
  • When you lock the car with remote, you have to press the key again within 3 secs to check if any door is open
SJN is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks