Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2015, 20:30   #196
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The interior blackening is done, sharing the photos sent to me over phone.
Looks good. Could you shed some light on how it was done for the benefit of the others on the group?
Neat job. Did they have to remove all the panels to have it painted? How much did you pay for it and what was the paint used....as in matt black and the brand if available.
bigben is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 20:47   #197
BHPian

Quote:
The interior blackening is done, sharing the photos sent to me over phone. Excuse the clarity.
Tastefully done interiors ! The seats look wonderful too.Do you,by any chance,increased the side bolstering and under thigh support or is it an illusion due to the angle of photo taken and stitch detailing of the seats?
dragonov007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 21:25   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Very tastefully done. Many congrats on the car!

Did you get the side bolstering/under-thigh supports enhanced while doing the upholstery changes? Looks a bit better than the stock seats.

PS: Was this done from Colorglo Cochin? I see an exotic in one of the snaps.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th October 2015 at 21:28.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 21:32   #199
Senior - BHPian

Nicely done. Do post more pictures when you get the car. For the floors I would suggest the 3M nomads (or a DIY of the same). Vinyls will look cheap on such a classy car. The seats look fantastic!!
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 22:17   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Spare parts' price comparison between the DZire and the Aspire, showing that the Aspire's parts are equally cheap as the Maruti bestseller.

Pics courtesy allhyundaicars @ TAI.
Thanks for the post. How much does a turbo charger replacement cost? For Maruti's it around 17K.
Old 6th October 2015, 22:26   #201
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody post the user manual here, if it is available in pdf format. It will answer a lot of questions for prospective buyers and those awaiting delivery like me. I need to know the speaker size, fog lights specifications, etc. The wait is just killing me
Old 6th October 2015, 22:55   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Can somebody post the user manual here, if it is available in pdf format.
Here you go: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...2015_India.pdf

Once you get your VIN, you can also register your car here: https://www.india.ford.com/owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I need to know the speaker size, fog lights specifications, etc
While you will have the bulb specifications (bulb type/wattage), I don't recall seeing speaker sizes, etc. in it.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 06:18   #203
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
Do you,by any chance,increased the side bolstering and under thigh support
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Did you get the side bolstering/under-thigh supports enhanced while doing the upholstery changes? Looks a bit better than the stock seats.Was this done from Colorglo Cochin?
Yep, the under thigh support and side bolstering was enhanced. The seats were done by a guy Binu from Kolenchery and the interior colouring by Colorglo, Kochi. The interiors cost ₹ 24000 and the seats ₹ 16000.
The Rationalist is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 06:41   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What do you guys suggest for the floor, 3M mats or Vinyl mats covering the entire floor.
Looks brilliant! Great choice.

I have Kagu 3D mats on the Fiesta and it completely covers the foot wells at the rear, but the carpets do show up a bit around the front seats, driver' foot well and the center console. So, it might look odd on the beige carpet on the Aspire.

I hate vinyl mats, so wouldn't recommend that. Can't Color Glo change the shade of carpets? The other option would be to get the carpets from the Figo.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 06:50   #205
BHPian

Since by now there are a significant number of Aspire Owners, would appreciate feedback on the following Ford accessories i.e.Car Cover,Seat Covers,Floor Mats and Boot Mat. Is the quality good or is it better to go for these accessories from outside.
Old 7th October 2015, 07:06   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Since by now there are a significant number of Aspire Owners, would appreciate feedback on the following Ford accessories i.e.Car Cover,Seat Covers,Floor Mats and Boot Mat. Is the quality good or is it better to go for these accessories from outside.
I have got Seat Cover, Floor Mats and Boot Mat and material seems to be of good quality, it is light in shade so gets dirty easily hence if you choose to buy it from outside you may get darker shades as per your preference.
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 12:10   #207
Senior - BHPian

So today the SA calls me and tells me that the car will be delayed; and if I would want the New Figo instead. 'I will save 1 lakh and get the same car with just the compromise on the boot space.'

No wonder Aspire sales are down. Apparently a lot of customers who have booked the Aspire are switching over to the New Figo as it is readily available. Maybe Ford just wants to show that the new launch is bringing in good numbers.
Old 8th October 2015, 16:15   #208
BHPian

Quote:
The interior blackening is done, sharing the photos sent to me over phone. Excuse the clarity. Now the steering leather and floor needs to be done. What do you guys suggest for the floor, 3M mats or Vinyl mats covering the entire floor. 3M can be taken out for cleaning, Vinyl can't be taken off. Some are telling that Vinyl will result in bad smell as the moisture will be trapped beneath. I have Vinyl floor mats done for my Zen and haven't found any problems.
That is looking very good. Congratulations The Rationalist. Will be glued to this thread to checkout more pics from you, do share a few. Also if you can provide details to exactly what and how this was done. Does it has any effects on the plastic in the long run. How about starting a new thread on this?
RoadSurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 19:06   #209
BHPian

Just some PS experimentation here

Wish Ford had given the rear a premium look; currently that chrome bar and small simple tail lights brands it as a run of the mill compact sedan.

Rear still looks better than Xcent and Dzire though.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-fordfigoaspire38copy.jpg  

heavenlybull is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 19:13   #210
BANNED

Aspire's power window switches are not illuminated ! How much more would it have cost, pathetic to omit such a useful feature. Do anyone know of any solutions to make it illuminated, some kind of radium based paints or DIY solutions? Can we replace the boot lid struts to hydraulic struts, the current one opens upwards randomly on pressing the boot release button, as if it has a mind of its own! I hope hydraulic struts would cure the disease.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks