Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 12th October 2020, 19:01   #1861
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Which brand are these?

For some reason, the frameless wiper I used on my Aspire as well as old Figo never gave a clean wipe. I have tried both Hella and Bosch and neither of them work well and hop a lot if there is no enough water. Now I am back to the standard wipers from Bosch.
Frankly speaking, I don't have any high expectations from these.

I was satisfied with the performance of my stock wipers. I just happened to stumble upon these. Reviews were good & pricing was lucrative so I went ahead for a test.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-screenshot_2020101214005001.jpeg
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 15:03   #1862
AYP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
For my 2017 Aspire TDCi, last annual service (at Ganges Ford Kolkata) was done in February 2020 while oddo being 22.5k.

I complained about rattling sounds from front suspension while going over broken roads.
It seems like I am having a similar issue in my 3 year old, 23k run Figo TDCi. Can you describe this rattling sound? For me it is like a loose piece of metal which is rattling against another metallic piece.

I am not sure if this sound is from the driver's footwell, somewhere in the dash behind the steering or if it is the same problem that you have faced.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 16:11   #1863
Senior - BHPian

Hi @AYP & @NaXal

I too had this problem in my 2015 Aspire, though it wasn't much & appeared only when driving over bad roads & "Himalayan" speed breakers. I was concerned so went to (nearest) auto mechanic is reasonable repute & he informed me that it was some rubber "katori" around shocks is torn, but it's not a major concern & I can drive on as it can be attended at time of service (due next month). He did some tightening & the sound now comes only once a while. Please also note that roads near my house are not all that good in certain sections, nor I'm slow enough at times.
Hope your issues are also not concerning to hamper the joy of driving poor man's Ford.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 11:06   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
It seems like I am having a similar issue in my 3 year old, 23k run Figo TDCi. Can you describe this rattling sound? For me it is like a loose piece of metal which is rattling against another metallic piece.

I am not sure if this sound is from the driver's footwell, somewhere in the dash behind the steering or if it is the same problem that you have faced.
It's hard to describe a sound & that rattling feel by written words but yes, you are right, it's metalic rattling noise while going over broken roads & taking a speed breaker in speed.

One can definitely pin point its origin to suspension related parts as this rattling noise is directly related to broken roads & to you can definitely feel it too.

By the way, it's so uncanny isn't it? My problem too got detected at exactly same age & oddo.

3 years & around 22/23k kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeep
but it's not a major concern & I can drive on as it can be attended at time of service (due next month)
Longer you wait addressing suspension noise like this, where it feels something metallic in nature, higher the chances of further damage to higher ups like steering rack & related parts.

Yes, in my case too, apart from the noise, there was no driving related issue. Car handled & performed properly.

I think you guys should visit your trusted Ford ASS & get it's checked.
Old 27th October 2020, 19:26   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
It's hard to describe a sound & that rattling feel by written words but yes, you are right, it's metalic rattling noise while going over broken roads & taking a speed breaker in speed.

One can definitely pin point its origin to suspension related parts as this rattling noise is directly related to broken roads & to you can definitely feel it too.
This is a classical Maruti problem but the reason there is play in brake caliper pin which leads to the caliper getting a bit loose and rattling. A very easy way to rule this out is to press brake slightly when the car is moving over broken surface and you get that rattling sound. If the rattling sound stops post applying slight pressure the culprit is your caliper pin. Simple fix is to get that greased with caliper grease. I was very surprised when my SA diagnosed this problem and was certain that greasing the pin is just a joke and my problem would surly resurface as the sound surly felt like a suspension issue. I was damn wrong and for once I was quite happy about it!!!
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 12:23   #1866
BHPian

I got the 4th Annual Service done with my 2017 Aspire TDCi Titanium at Ganges Ford Kolkata.

It was supposed to be a simple uneventful routine oil/filter change service. As soon as I did the slot booking over phone, I received SMS from Ford India with their service promise website link for estimate. Following is the estimate,

Ford Aspire : Official Review-01.jpg

Since there was brake/clutch fluid (TDCi uses same hydraulic fluid for brake n clutch operation) replacement involved, brake bleeding was the only thing I felt worried about and planned to ask / inspect for proper bleeding !!

However, the service was anything apart from routine. Problem started right at the time of vehicle reception as the previous SA (same service center) mistakenly entered a much higher oddo meter reading while on my last visit back in September 2020 for the front suspension related warranty work.

It was really an embarrassing situation for me, as if I rolled back the oddo. They were unable to receive the vehicle as the computer system wont allow my actual oddo meter since it was lower than previous visit. Fortunately I had previous WhatsApp image sent by the previous SA and luckily it was showing the oddo too.

Service Center now had to do a lengthy process of emailing, approval and what not in background to rectify their record to accept the vehicle as with present oddo !!

During service, one thing was immediately evident, they were painfully slow. Some what sarkari attitude from their mechanics, where the service advisors were super busy with 30+ vehicles they received during that day.

Anyway, the work progressed, zero up date from SA. I went to ask for an update at around 4PM (remember, they received the car at 9:45AM) & one by one I started to get bad news after bad news.

1. BCM hanged, software flashing solved it, but some problem came again and they were looking for the part to change under warranty. - Excuse me, it was fine till I came in? and their reply was, its electronics, can happen any time right?

2. As they were shorting it out, during washing, they discovered the wiper switch is faulty too.

None of the parts in stock so they ordered and would replace once in stock.

3. After washing, I saw bunch of service guys surrounding the car, my car's lights were behaving abnormally. I asked the SA, he said that was the problem, BCM, they were still trying to do something about it but the bad news was, my brake switch was malfunctioning - Sorry? I drove the car in and it was just fine? SA didn't have any answer but said, they were replacing it under warranty.

4. All ok, right before delivery, one of the horn stopped working and once again they opened it up, tried fixing but eventually replaced that under warranty !!

I don't know, should I feel bad as so many problems came up during the time car was within their hand or should I feel good as rather happening with me out in some remote road, all these things happened during my preventive service visit and thankfully the warranty took care of them all.

Moving on to the bill.

It was 7.2k as oppose to 5.2k displayed it the estimate.

What's extra?

Some lubes and bits n pieces of few hundred bucks, major was alignment and balancing of around 1.7/1.8k. Fair enough, I did feel the need of it so no problem there.

But the issue was with the vehicle report card, all the suspension, steering related parts were marked yellow/red. - Why? I asked, as I just got the entire thing replaced 5k kms ago?

SA said the mechs don't have access to service history, so they did it with kms in assumption.

Aren't you supposed to check and mark? and you want me to sign and accept that I abused it so bad that all went yellow red in 5k kms?

SA didn't argue further, he brought out a stamp and corrected the report card.

Now my vehicle is all healthy as per their report card. Only thing marked as yellow is my battery. That's fair since at last visit too, the previous SA was pushing for a battery replacement. Refer here (Signs that battery needs a replacement)

Over all work on the car felt satisfactory on the drive back home.

Thanks.

Most Viewed