Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2022, 21:20   #1951
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhruvBhardwaj View Post
Can anyone please share the part number or link for air filter box screws? no Allen keys are fitting into them.
Sorry for late reply.
Checked on oriparts.com but none of the Ford Aspires (1st Gen, 1st Gen Facelift, Petrol, Diesel) is showing the Part Description of Allen Key Bolt for Air Cleaner Housing.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 4th November 2022 at 21:27.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 22:31   #1952

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Sorry for late reply.
Checked on oriparts.com but none of the Ford Aspires (1st Gen, 1st Gen Facelift, Petrol, Diesel) is showing the Part Description of Allen Key Bolt for Air Cleaner Housing.
Thanks for your reply sir.
Even I was confused with the same,have ordered M6x16 mm bolts from boodmo. The garage mechanics were able to open it,so not a major issue for now.
Old 10th November 2022, 12:18   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Brake pads are worn. May be they would go another few thousand kms but looking at them, I feel I need an immediate change.

Attachment 2375084

I am little confused, as what to do. Should I follow the FNG route and just change the pads or spend that extra and do it from ASC?
Continuing from there,

I decided to get this done from ASC. I needed to replace the brake oil too.

Decided to call my nearest Ford ASC, Kaikan Ford located at Birati, Kolkata. No one received the call on Sunday. Dropped a message to my usual SA on WhatsApp, seen but no response received. Called up the number again on Monday, reception received and could only give me a date next week if I wanted an early morning appointment for same day work. They were full of cars. Disappointed but took a date and called my SA to vent out my frustration as they were too busy to replace a simple disc brake pad for whole week?

To my surprise, my SA asked if I could visit him today itself at second half, he agreed to do the job on that day itself.

So I did.

Name:  Ford_ASC_01.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  123.6 KB

Top up / Why replace?

Rs. 2000/- was quoted for this job. It was lower than what Ford Service Promise was quoting so I asked won't you replace the Brake Oil? SA said no need for oil replacement for a disc pad change, they were to bleed & top up as needed. But I insisted on that oil change. So he further added another 1k on top of the quote for oil replacement.

Replace / don't repair

During the usual vehicle check, my rear power window switch was found acting up. Operation from Front power window control switch to that left side rear window was fine but from the dedicated individual power window switch, roll up operation was acting up. Banging the switch or panel would make it work at times.

I felt like a lose connection or may be sulfur accumulation at the tips of the connectors.

However, SA had only one solution for this, replace the switch.

Nuts

Rs. 290/- a piece, 4 per wheel

While they were working on the car, SA came up with another problem with my car. Wheel lug nuts were shot and in bad condition. As per them, it required immediate replacement.

But Rs. 5k for 16 nuts? I skipped the job for a later date.

Total Bill

Brake Pads -> MRP Rs. 1.5k
Power Window Switch -> MRP Rs. 654/-

Around 2L Brake oil, Total Bill -> Rs. 3.3k (Parts and Labour)

Not sure how they calculate their quote estimate and actual bill. But I am satisfied with the ultimate pocket friendly bill.

Question

Someone please suggest me some aftermarket wheel nuts. Rs. 300/- a piece for Ford OEM part feels too costly. Don't we have some cheaper aftermarket options?

Secondly, can I trust GoMechanic online store? I am unable to procure 1L pack of Mobil Super 3000 X1 5W30 and they seem to be the only online store in town with the stock. I feel like adding another 300ml top up since I am running lower than recommended

Quote:
Ford manual says 3.8L whereas the pack I got is only 3.5L. After the change, kept the car on idle for 5 mins. Allowed it to cool down for couple of minutes and then I checked the level. It seemed ok. Right between min & max of the dip stick.

I wonder, should I buy another pack and add 300ml more? or leave it as it is !!
Name:  Ford_ASC_02.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  104.9 KB

Thanks.

Last edited by NaXal : 10th November 2022 at 12:21.
NaXal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 11:24   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Rs. 290/- a piece, 4 per wheel

While they were working on the car, SA came up with another problem with my car. Wheel lug nuts were shot and in bad condition. As per them, it required immediate replacement.
As a Freestyle owner for almost 4 years, I can tell you that the original Ford lug nuts will keep giving you grief due to the cap on top of the nut. Every time the nut is removed or put back, a part of the cap gets deformed and soon no socket will fit on it. I ditched the Ford ones a couple of years ago and bought a set from Amazon. You can check and buy based on your preferences - they do have a few options to choose from, at a comparatively lower price.

The Ford lug nut issue is serious. If you are stuck in the middle of nowhere with a punctured tyre and a dodgy lug nut, you won't be able to get the punctured tyre out...that should be enough motivation for you to jump ship and get replacements.
SilverMachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 22:24   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Someone please suggest me some aftermarket wheel nuts. Rs. 300/- a piece for Ford OEM part feels too costly. Don't we have some cheaper aftermarket options?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMachine View Post
As a Freestyle owner for almost 4 years, I can tell you that the original Ford lug nuts will keep giving you grief due to the cap on top of the nut.

The Ford lug nut issue is serious. If you are stuck in the middle of nowhere with a punctured tyre and a dodgy lug nut, you won't be able to get the punctured tyre out
This issue is present in Ecosport as well and mainly happens while opening nuts in aftermarket places where they don't have the right sized socket and uses power tools exceeding recommended pressure causing the caps to get deformed. I think in user guide its mentioned to open them manually without exerting much pressure using power tools.

Anyways, one quick and cheap solution is to remove the caps and expose the nuts. Yes it may not look good compared with caps on, however it will do its work and will have no problem removing them at any places, including using the provided wrench. I think out of 16 nuts across 4 wheels, I have caps removed on 12 of them. Working fine since last 8 yrs.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 13:15   #1956
BHPian

My Ford Figo Aspire petrol automatic is completing 7 years. Purchased in November 2015.

Specifications

Trim: Aspire 1.5 Ti-VCT Titanium
Engine: 1.5L 4 cylinder
Power: 110 bhp @ 6300 rpm
Torque: 136 Nm @ 4250 rpm
Transmission: Dual clutch automatic 6 gears

Background

I was coming from a Chevrolet Spark manual. It was a fun little car to drive but I wanted to move to a sedan and an automatic. Budget was around 7L-8L. Other contenders were the ever present Maruti DZire, Honda Amaze and Hyundai XCent. Was also interested in Honda Jazz and Maruti Baleno, but was leaning more towards sedans. I didn't even know about Aspire till I started comparing cars on Carwale. Comparing cars I quickly realised I won't get an automatic sedan for 8L, it had to be bumped up to 9L. Almost 3X the price of my Spark.

One fine day, I went out for test drives. Aspire was the first I drove. It was mind blowing. The engine was super silent, it was a breeze to drive in traffic. The car was loaded with safety features - 2 airbags, ABS, EBD, ESP, Traction control, hill hold control. Then I went to Hyundai, they didn't have XCent for TD so they gave me a TD of i10. Having just driven an Aspire, I found i10 to be flimsy. Hyundai was out. Didn't try any other car. Ford dealer (SC Ford) agreed to include a reverse parking camera, first year insurance and 3rd year extended warranty at no additional cost. Final OTR after exchanging my Spark was 7,85,000. I chose silver colour. Car was delivered in the mid of December 2015. It was July manufactured car and all the freebies were offered because the dealer wanted to get rid of old inventory. I didn't know or care about it back then. Not that it made any difference.

Ownership experience

The car has been a gem to drive. The 1.5 liter engine just races away when you press the pedal. The car feels super steady at high speeds. On the highways I keep around 80-90 and it is joy to drive. The car has hardly given me any troubles. In the initial years, service was a breeze. If something broke it would get fixed under warranty. After 3rd year warranty expired, I was offered extended warranty for 4th and 5th year which I took. After about 4 years, first problems with Ford India started to appear. SC Ford dealership and service center shut down. I was contacted by Bhavna Ford in Kalina. Since then I have been getting it serviced there. I always get it picked up and dropped. I haven't been to Bhavna Ford once. Service experience is a mixed bag. They try to squeeze out about 15k in a service from you. I have accepted it as a fact of life. Service advisors are mostly useless but the service center staff keeps the car running. Since there is only one Ford service center in Mumbai, there are always delays. Rarely ever has my car been serviced on the same day. They keep it for 2-3 days at least.

Got new set of Goodyear tyres at the start of this year. Stock size is 175 / 65 R14 and I kept the same size not to mess with mileage. Got some denting and painting done and got an internal TPMS. Also got a new dashcam (DDPAI Mini) after my previous one (Viofo A118C) had died some time ago. In the beginning when the car was new I had got Autocop installed but didn't renew it after couple of years.

This car got me hooked to road trips. Still, I don't drive a lot but while I had taken may be 3 out of Mumbai trips in my Spark in 6 years, this one goes on 2-3 trips a year now. Most of my driving still happens to work and back and the automatic serves me well in the ever worsening Mumbai traffic.

- Ride quality
- Looks from the front
- Safety kit
- Mostly fuss free ownership

Dislikes

- Service experience
- Truncated look at the rear (Amaze and DZire manage the sub 4 meter proportions better, this car starts really well from the front and as you move towards the back, the car suddenly ends)
- Ground clearance

Finally after 7 years, I am looking to upgrade, either to a Hyryder or a Compass. There is really no need to upgrade other than the "want" for a slightly bigger and better car with new age features like a panoramic sunroof, ventilated seats, 360 degree camera, cruise control and such.

Now some pics

On the day of delivery

Ford Aspire : Official Review-1.jpg

On a recent trip to Karjat

Ford Aspire : Official Review-2.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-3.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-4.jpg
yashg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 18:20   #1957
BHPian

Would be completing 4 years with my Ford Aspire Trend Plus Petrol. Total experience has been sub par keeping in mind that I have been a Maruti fanboy since we got our 1st car in 1998.

1st and foremost unlike most people I don't enjoy the ride quality of Ford. It's stiff according to me. Anything taken under 30km/hr just calls for jolts and thuds. Maybe my spine has got too used to softer suspensions from Maruti. Secondly the reliability is not what I would have expected. Though it never left me stranded but I have had to regularly visit service centers for some issue or the other. 1st it was rust issue during initial 6 months then petrol smell inside cabin then failed auto a/c blower control and recently 2 issues cropped up for which am again circling with FASS. One is spanner light coming on and off during which engine misfires and secondly an oil leak issue for which gasket is supposed to be replaced. Moreover as per FASS it's not even been covered under extended warranty which I had opted for. All this in a car that has just ran 15000 kms.

Things I like about Ford as compared to Maruti is a much better build, better NVH, better aircon, better audio and better steering feedback.

Would I have opted for another Ford if they were still in India? No. It's a good car but not for me. I prefer not visiting service center more than once a year. It's a sheer waste of time.
Old 22nd December 2022, 08:16   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post

Anyways, one quick and cheap solution is to remove the caps and expose the nuts.
That seems like a good idea. How did you manage to do that? I tried using a chisel, a hammer and a nose plier but did not have any luck.
Old 22nd December 2022, 11:05   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMachine View Post
That seems like a good idea. How did you manage to do that? I tried using a chisel, a hammer and a nose plier but did not have any luck.
The Michelin dealer where I went to gave me this option as they had a hard time taking out the nuts with deformed caps. The Ford workshop can also do that as well, although they will push you to buy new ones for around 500 each.
Old 8th January 2023, 20:40   #1960
BHPian

Did a short drive to Chitradurga after the stage 1+ wolf motto remap on my aspire. I have fallen love with the power in the mid range and top end now, feels like an uncontrollable beast.
Used the STP diesel fuel additive, first time using an additive on my car. Could not tell any difference to be honest, however i did see a mileage bump. Averaged around 20.5km/l with heavy foot driving for the 400km journey. I have ordered Cetane X, will try that on the upcoming 600km trip.
There is a slight drag to the left that i could feel while driving on the NH. Will get the WB/Alignment at Madhu's soon. Will have the tyre wear checked as well. Feels like the Yoko Earth 1's showing its age, seeing as it has run 30k km over the last 6 years.
aston_martyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 15:10   #1961
BHPian

So, I started noticing a weird screeching noise whenver I try to lift off the clutch pedal from when the vehicle is standstill in 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear. The higher the gear, the more noticable the noise is. Highlighted this during the last service for 70k KMs that I had.

The car was kept at FASS for close to one month! Reason was the transmission was overhauled and "bearings" inside were causing noise and had to replaced under warranty. ( I believe this was actually done since I saw the car with transmission ripped apart in the SVC ).

Car was handed over to me and noise is still there!

Today, on the highway after 200Kms, I couldnt engage the 5th gear no matter what. Stopped on the side of highway, switched off everything and then tried and voila! it started working fine from then on.

Any clues on what the reason could be? Gear bush may be? Is this expected to happen again?

I plan to go back to SVC soon as my car is still under warranty the issues are not resolved yet.
Old 18th February 2023, 16:45   #1962

Hello everyone, I was thinking of changing gear oil and coolant of the car as it's 5 year anniversary is approaching(although not necessarily required) . Seeing the manual has made me much more confused as I couldn't find suitable fluids with the given grades, please share your valuable views for the preferred grades or the products which I should prefer for the same.
Old 28th February 2023, 17:34   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
So, I started noticing a weird screeching noise whenever I try to lift off the clutch pedal from when the vehicle is standstill in 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear. The higher the gear, the more noticeable the noise is. Highlighted this during the last service for 70k KMs that I had.

The car was kept at FASS for close to one month! Reason was the transmission was overhauled and "bearings" inside were causing noise and had to replaced under warranty. ( I believe this was actually done since I saw the car with transmission ripped apart in the SVC ).

Car was handed over to me and noise is still there!

Today, on the highway after 200Kms, I couldn't engage the 5th gear no matter what. Stopped on the side of highway, switched off everything and then tried and voila! it started working fine from then on.

Any clues on what the reason could be? Gear bush may be? Is this expected to happen again?

I plan to go back to SVC soon as my car is still under warranty the issues are not resolved yet.
Update - I've driven close to 3000 KMS now post the service and transmission overhaul and I can confirm that the noise has come down to 10% of what was present earlier. Gearshifts have become smooth now compared to initial 500 KMS when they were notchy.

I have not visited the service center yet.
Old 12th March 2023, 21:35   #1964
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I'm in dire need of a 7 inch frame stereo fascia plate/frame for the Aspire (pre-facelift). No shop has stock of this product, I've asked almost everywhere, from shops in my state to some shops in Delhi and Mumbai. I've got a Sony XAV 5500 stereo but no frame to fit it with. What shops do have is the 9 inch type for android stereos, that jut out of the center console and I hate that look, and I don't have plans to install android stereos as well.

If anyone could help me out here, I'd be really grateful.
Old 12th March 2023, 22:17   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm in dire need of a 7 inch frame stereo fascia plate/frame for the Aspire (pre-facelift). No shop has stock of this product, I've asked almost everywhere, from shops in my state to some shops in Delhi and Mumbai. I've got a Sony XAV 5500 stereo but no frame to fit it with. What shops do have is the 9 inch type for android stereos, that jut out of the center console and I hate that look, and I don't have plans to install android stereos as well.

If anyone could help me out here, I'd be really grateful.
Try speaking to Amol (083694 84281)from Reliable Radio (Mumbai -Chembur) Just few months ago we got the frame and local android unit fitted by him.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks