Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2022, 16:49   #1936
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunaksaha2008 View Post
Hello, i got the same issue. Did you find a fix for it?
I think mine got fixed by itself. Try using some oil on the hinges of the lid. It is actually a spring mechanism, but not harm in trying.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 22:54   #1937
BHPian

This is the second turbo breather hose chewed on by rats. I don't know why they love the material so much. Any one else face this issue? ( Diesel )

I just replaced this pipe few months ago for 3k bucks. Not ready for one more.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20220626165334.jpg
Old 14th July 2022, 09:28   #1938
BHPian

Can anybody tell me which Ford originally had these rims? I noticed them on a well maintained 1st gen Figo at a Mall parking lot. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the time to wait for the owner to come back.

I don't remember that generation of Figo having rims that size or that colour. Or did it? I remember the original ecosport having rims that looked somewhat like this, but this still looks different in some way.

I was thinking of changing the stock 14 inches on my car and if this is some genuine Ford accessory that I can still get, then I'd prefer it over an aftermarket option.

Thanks,
Sai
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20220712_1600572.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20220712_160050.jpg  

Last edited by SaiSW : 14th July 2022 at 09:31.
Old 14th July 2022, 15:55   #1939

Hello team , Our aspire tdci 2018 has its 60k service due soon . Should changing coolant,break oil and gear oil considered at this point ? Although coolant has been topped up at every 2nd service and twice the break fluid has been refilled alongwith brake pad replacement.
Old 18th July 2022, 23:21   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Can anybody tell me which Ford originally had these rims? I noticed them on a well maintained 1st gen Figo at a Mall parking lot. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the time to wait for the owner to come back.

I don't remember that generation of Figo having rims that size or that colour. Or did it? I remember the original ecosport having rims that looked somewhat like this, but this still looks different in some way.

I was thinking of changing the stock 14 inches on my car and if this is some genuine Ford accessory that I can still get, then I'd prefer it over an aftermarket option.

Thanks,
Sai
These alloys that came in the facelifted Figo, but only in the top end titanium trim IIRC..
Old 19th July 2022, 09:33   #1941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
This is the second turbo breather hose chewed on by rats. I don't know why they love the material so much. Any one else face this issue? ( Diesel )

If you haven't tried using any sort of rat repellent/posion, it is better to do so. I have rat menace in my parking and since my car is not used everyday, it is an issue for me. I am always afraid they will destroy something and I am trying all sorts of products to keep them away.

This is one I tried recently;
https://www.amazon.in/bitteR-Rat-Rep...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

There are many other methods in the dedicated thread for rat menace too.
I would suggest spraying this product on all these hoses and pipes as well as connectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhruvBhardwaj View Post
Hello team , Our aspire tdci 2018 has its 60k service due soon . Should changing coolant,break oil and gear oil considered at this point ? Although coolant has been topped up at every 2nd service and twice the break fluid has been refilled alongwith brake pad replacement.
It is best to follow what the manual says and replace those parts that are due to be replaced at the 60k schedule.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 11:24   #1942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I think mine got fixed by itself. Try using some oil on the hinges of the lid. It is actually a spring mechanism, but not harm in trying.
Mine too. Very strange, i have covered the inner parts which are not already of soft material so that I can place my sunglasses there and the thing got stuck along with my glasses inside. i took it to Ford and they said they might have to replace the entire dock and it might cost a cool 3-4k so left the SC in the same speed at which i entered it, after i reached back it seems to have fixed by itself. No issues since
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 19:13   #1943
BHPian

Does anybody know what is the transmission oil grade and capacity for 1.5 Diesel Aspire/Figo?
Old 18th September 2022, 23:37   #1944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post

Attachment 2325549
Hey! Would love to understand the symptoms in driving conditions when this hose starts to or fails.
Old 19th September 2022, 01:36   #1945
BHPian

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Does anybody know what is the transmission oil grade and capacity for 1.5 Diesel Aspire/Figo?
There are three different model year for this vehicle

2015 - 2018
FaceLift
FaceLift BS6

Which One?

As per my 2017 owner's manual -> Gear/Transmission Fluid - SAE 75W / Specification Code WSS-M2C200-D2

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  52.7 KB

You can download your car specific owner's manual from here -> https://www.india.ford.com/owner/owner-manual/

I may be wrong, but for Manual Transmission, you fill it to the brim! If my memory is correct, I think this gear box takes around 2L - 2.2L gear oil.

Thanks.
Old 19th September 2022, 09:29   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Hey! Would love to understand the symptoms in driving conditions when this hose starts to or fails.
It was just out of visual inspection that I noticed the rat bite. Luckily I did not have a puncture. So , I do not have a first hand experience with the symptoms , but what I heard from SA is that one would notice drop in pick up / power delivery alongside whistle noises etc.
r24x7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 10:44   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Hello,

There are three different model year for this vehicle

2015 - 2018
FaceLift
FaceLift BS6

Which One?

As per my 2017 owner's manual -> Gear/Transmission Fluid - SAE 75W / Specification Code WSS-M2C200-D2

Attachment 2359453

You can download your car specific owner's manual from here -> https://www.india.ford.com/owner/owner-manual/

I may be wrong, but for Manual Transmission, you fill it to the brim! If my memory is correct, I think this gear box takes around 2L - 2.2L gear oil.

Thanks.
Thanks for sharing this. I did found this manual on Ford website but searching WSS-M2C200-D2 does not give any options. With 75W it can be 75w80 as well as 75w90. Also GL rating is not very clear from this.
My objective is to put Liqui Moly smoothener with a new gear oil.
Old 30th September 2022, 10:52   #1948

Hello team, Can anyone please share the part number or link for air filter box screws? It seems that at the last service ,the service guys managed to destroy their treads and now no Allen keys are fitting into them. Your help would be highly appreciated.
Old 10th October 2022, 16:15   #1949
BHPian

My car has run 58000 kms out of which recent 5000 kms covered by 185/65/14 continental uc6 at front and Yokohama earth 1's at rear. Earlier it used to be 175/65/14's.

From past few thousand kms I have been noticing a harsh and bumpy ride along with the noise from steering on sharp bumps. Also noticed that the car sits 1/2 inch lower on the driver side on flat surfaces.

Got it checked at the service centre and they told that the suspension is fine and I am facing harsh ride due to high air pressure and the steering noise from degrading steering rack. That time pressure was 34-36 which they reduced to 30. They attributed that the steering rack developed problem due to upsized tyres. When I asked that facelift came with 195's they were clueless.

Even after lowering the air pressure the ride is still on the stiffer side and every minute undulations are felt prominently. Since i had yokos with me, I got the uc6 and changed the tyres. With increased side wall, ride should have been smoother, but it has turned otherwise.

The fng mechanic after checking the car casually said to replace the struts.

What could be the problem?
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 12:30   #1950
BHPian

Hello,

As winter is approaching, I have few long drives planned in my calendar. Although my 2017 Aspire TDCi is few months short of its scheduled yearly service but decided to get it done early so that I can have fresh oil / filters for the drive.

This time around, I decided to skip Ford ASC and try my luck with a FNG I knew. I didn't have any major issue, zero complaints with the car, so it was just supposed to be a simple Oil / filter change PMS.

FNG Experience

Name:  Edit_01.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  156.4 KB

Workmanship was nothing to complain about, they were at it by the book and to the point.

However, people like us, who pamper their stuff would always find things to dislike. Here too, things that were pinching me are like a fan blowing at such angle that little bit of sanding dust from their body shop is ending up in-side my car as they kept the driver side window down.

Secondly those oily hands and fingers!! Although they didn't end up putting a spot but mechanics, who were working on the car were also doing the driver duty of shuttling them around from one bay to another.

I kept wondering, will I ever have some peace?

I kept wondering, will I or anyone ever say no to an extra Rs. 100/- on top of the bill for gloves usage? I guess rather than a discussion, this topic will always be considered as a rant in India.

Spare

Now this FNG sources their spares directly from Ford Spare Warehouse of Kolkata. So they had asked me to bring the car and they will worry about getting the genuine spares. But they didn't have Ford specific oil with them. They would use A5/B5 spec 5W30 oil of any brand that I would prefer.

But I wanted to use that wired Ford specific oil as mentioned in the manual. 5W30 with WSS-M2C913-D approval.

Name:  OIl_Spec.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  103.0 KB

Only thing from any major known brands I can see meeting this requirement is Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE. There are few unknown (to me) brands but mostly sold via some unknown website. For Mobile Super 3000, Amazon was quoting Rs. 2k whereas I got it for Rs. 1500 (including that discount coupon inside)

Name:  Edit_02.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  112.8 KB

While I was out searching for the oil, decided to visit the Ford Spare Warehouse located near the AirPort side of Jessore Road of Kolkata. Bought the Oil Filter, Gasket, Air Filter and Cabin Filter.

Total Spare Cost

Oil -> Rs. 1500/-
Oil Filter -> Rs. 148/-
Gasket -> Rs. 43/-
Air Filter -> Rs. 360/- (used to be around 240/-)
A/C Cabin Filter -> Rs. 160/-

I didn't opt for any washing or anything extra, just oil & filter change and checking brake pad condition. So FNG labour Cost came around Rs. 800/-.

Grand Total -> Rs. 3k.

Now there are two issues,

Oil Level

Ford manual says 3.8L whereas the pack I got is only 3.5L. After the change, kept the car on idle for 5 mins. Allowed it to cool down for couple of minutes and then I checked the level. It seemed ok. Right between min & max of the dip stick.

I wonder, should I buy another pack and add 300ml more? or leave it as it is !!

Brake Pads

Brake pads are worn. May be they would go another few thousand kms but looking at them, I feel I need an immediate change.

Name:  Edit_03.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  168.8 KB

My mistake, I went for this service at 4PM. By the time they started working on my car & reached to the brakes, it was around 6PM. They contacted the Spare Warehouse, but response was negative. Spare was there but no man power at this hour to bill that. Could only be done next morning.

Couldn't leave the car for night, so put things back and kept this work pending for a later date.

Now, the issue is with brake oil change. Ford recommends change of oil along with pads replacement. But FNG isn't willing to do it. They are to top up only as required while bleeding.

Ford Service Promise shows Rs. 2.6K including all (parts & labour)

Ford Aspire : Official Review-brake_job.jpg

I am little confused, as what to do. Should I follow the FNG route and just change the pads or spend that extra and do it from ASC?

Thanks.

Acronyms

FNG -> Friendly Neighborhood Garage
ASC -> Authorized Service Center
PMS -> Periodical or Preventive Maintenance Service
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks