Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 13:39   #631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
My friend purchased a FORD Aspire 1.5 months back.When he was returning back from the office the car wasn't starting.He called the ROAD assistance and towed the vehicle.Its been 3 days they haven't found what is the fault and the new car is lying at the service station Caculo Ford Goa.Its surprising they haven't found the fault yet. Any help or feedback on this would be great.
That's quite surprising that it's taken so long. When you say Aspire 1.5, are you referring to the Diesel or Petrol DCT (Automatic)? Since you posted this, have they been able to figure out the issue? Thanks.
Old 12th February 2016, 15:48   #632
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik008 View Post
Karthik this is just an update since you were so nice as to respond to my queries in a detailed manner.

I have moved on from the Ford Aspire AT as a possible buy. I had asked the Ford SA at Bhikaji Cama to help me with a Test drive, he promised the the very next day but then vanished for two weeks!

He only called me yesterday saying that he had gone on leave on some personal emergency. But I travel extensively (75%) and do not have a lot of free time, so in the meanwhile I booked a Baleno AT.

I wish you great driving with your car.
Old 12th February 2016, 15:59   #633
BHPian

Quote:
That's quite surprising that it's taken so long. When you say Aspire 1.5, are you referring to the Diesel or Petrol DCT (Automatic)? Since you posted this, have they been able to figure out the issue? Thanks.
Its a ford aspire titanium petrol. The current status is that a ford technician is supposed to arrive today and check the issue.
motorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 16:04   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Karthik this is just an update since you were so nice as to respond to my queries in a detailed manner.

I have moved on from the Ford Aspire AT as a possible buy. I had asked the Ford SA at Bhikaji Cama to help me with a Test drive, he promised the the very next day but then vanished for two weeks!

He only called me yesterday saying that he had gone on leave on some personal emergency. But I travel extensively (75%) and do not have a lot of free time, so in the meanwhile I booked a Baleno AT.

Thanks for you kind words C'estlavie. I'm so sorry to hear of your experience with this showroom. I wish you'd gotten the same experience as I did. In any case.. Good luck with your Baleno AT! Hope you got to test drive it, when I went and checked out the Baleno at the Nexa at Kailash Colony, they didn't have a TD or display vehicle and the waiting was more than 6 months. So there was no way I would've bought one without a TD. Secondly, the safety features in the Aspire along with immediate delivery AT being in the second highest trim (Baleno AT only in the Delta) swung my vote in favour of the Aspire. Hope you were promised the delivery soon. Cheers!
karthik008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 18:26   #635
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your experience C'estlavie. Ford thinks just having great products is enough. They have to match the showroom and service center experience with the product. On paper Ford is doing a lot and I think they are serious about Indian Market, but as is the case with any other company, the boardroom vision is not percolating at the bottom most level. Ford has to realize that people are not buying a product, they are buying an emotion, a feeling, an experience. Unless you are comparing cars worth 5 lacs and 15 lacs and 25 lacs, the overall offering, experience and performance of cars at similar price bands is not very different. Consumer will move to the next brand at the drop of the hat, which you rightly did.
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 19:05   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for you kind words C'estlavie. I'm so sorry to hear of your experience with this showroom. I wish you'd gotten the same experience as I did. In any case.. Good luck with your Baleno AT! .......
Hey Karthik, thanks for the reply. I did get a TD of the Baleno AT and was fine with it. The wait time is ridiculous- 6 months- but I am in no hurry. I think more than anything, Maruti's immediate response, their willingness to help me TD swung the deal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
.........Ford has to realize that people are not buying a product, they are buying an emotion, a feeling, an experience. Unless you are comparing cars worth 5 lacs and 15 lacs and 25 lacs, the overall offering, experience and performance of cars at similar price bands is not very different. Consumer will move to the next brand at the drop of the hat,.....
In my case, you got that exactly right AKTRACK.

I hope Ford does well, it's a good looking car. I also hope my case was an aberration. But it makes you think. For example, I was also briefly considering the Ecosport Automatic, and another Ford dealer has driven me crazy (in a good way) calling me every few days, offering to get the AT at my doorstep at the drop of a hat. So I'm not completely alienated from Ford, because I have also had a good experience (albeit with a product I did not really want)

Edit: Anyway guys, I realise the ridiculously long waiting time for the Baleno- let's see how long I can stand it!

Last edited by C'estlavie : 12th February 2016 at 19:12.
C'estlavie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 04:30   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience C'estlavie. Ford thinks just having great products is enough. They have to match the showroom and service center experience with the product. On paper Ford is doing a lot and I think they are serious about Indian Market, but as is the case with any other company, the boardroom vision is not percolating at the bottom most level. Ford has to realize that people are not buying a product, they are buying an emotion, a feeling, an experience. Unless you are comparing cars worth 5 lacs and 15 lacs and 25 lacs, the overall offering, experience and performance of cars at similar price bands is not very different. Consumer will move to the next brand at the drop of the hat, which you rightly did.
You nailed it AKTRACK - Buying a car is an emotion, feeling and experience.

Quote:
Hey Karthik, thanks for the reply. I did get a TD of the Baleno AT and was fine with it. The wait time is ridiculous- 6 months- but I am in no hurry. I think more than anything, Maruti's immediate response, their willingness to help me TD swung the deal for me.

I hope Ford does well, it's a good looking car. I also hope my case was an aberration. But it makes you think. For example, I was also briefly considering the Ecosport Automatic, and another Ford dealer has driven me crazy (in a good way) calling me every few days, offering to get the AT at my doorstep at the drop of a hat. So I'm not completely alienated from Ford, because I have also had a good experience (albeit with a product I did not really want)

Edit: Anyway guys, I realise the ridiculously long waiting time for the Baleno- let's see how long I can stand it!
Great that you got to TD the Baleno AT. I just couldn't wait for 6 months, so Baleno was ruled out. In fact I guess your experience with Ford and Maruti is exactly the opposite of mine. Maruti treated me like Ford treated you and Ford treated me like how Maruti treated you

On a separate note, I am now starting to see some Aspires on the road everyday. I would say that I see around one other Aspire each day. Balenos are a little more common now in Delhi. There's no doubt that both the Baleno and Aspire turns people's heads every time. Nicely designed cars.
Old 14th February 2016, 22:51   #638
BHPian

Ford Aspire : Official Review-aspire1000km.jpg

First milestone reached- 1000 Km comes up.

Observations:
Mine is probably the only Aspire TDCi to be solely driven inside city limits for this entire 1000 Km.The car has been driven in bumper to bumper traffic almost 40% of the time and the rest 60% have been in relatively open roads with signals coming up at 2-3 km intervals. Approximately 50% of the time the car has been driven with heater/AC.I have never exceeded 2K rpm mark,and have gone upto max 90 kph.Coming from my petrol Getz 1.3,Santro Xing and the Qualis, this 17+ km/L in city comes as a pleasant surprise.

The car has been effortless to drive around in the city.And what surprises the most is the car's amazing agility even at lazy <2k rpms.However while moving up the gears quickly,I infrequently find the 2nd to 3rd transition a bit notchy.Can not wait to see what the car is capable of when the run-in period of 1500 km is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
The first Sync glitch has struck today! While driving back from work, music playing over Bluetooth from my smartphone suddenly stopped and the phone got disconnected on its own.Switched to radio and drove back home.On examination found that phone voice call/receive over Bluetooth wasn't working either.

I have only 1 phone,Motorola G3, paired with the Sync system.

Tried the following steps thereafter-

1. Deleted the phone entry and re-paired phone.Result- fail.

2.Restarted the phone and re-paired.Result- fail.

3.Tried Factory reset of Sync and then re-pairing.Result- fail.

4.Tried Master reset of Sync and re-pairing.Result- fail.

5.Tried with a different phone,Lenovo K4 note.Result- fail.

6.Tried with Samsung S Duos.Result- fail.

The screen is showing 'connected' briefly before disconnecting and then multiple cycles of connect and disconnects are showing.Also few times it shows Bluetooth audio failure message.

So what's the next step? Shall I try disconnecting the +ve battery terminal and reset the system,or arrange for a visit to the service centre?
About Sync issue,I am sharing the following, hoping that it can help others too-

Master reset only seems to be fully complete when you switch off the unit,get out and lock the car.I did the following steps to resolve my bluetooth issue-

1.Manually disabled the 'bluetooth' from the car HU.
2.Deleted pairing data from both the HU and the phone .
3.Performed 'master reset' and this took 1-2 mins to complete and a message that 'master reset complete' was displayed and Bluetooth got turned on automatically after reset.
4.Switched off the HU,got out and locked the car.
5.Waited a few mins,unlocked the car and booted up the HU.
6.HU takes its own sweet time to boot up completely and execute all command inputs correctly.So please give it some time before you try re-pairing the phone again.
7.Paired the phone and it worked normally this time.

However sync seems to have a mind of its own as the phone again got disconnected within a day.Had to perfrom master reset again and thereafter it is working normally again (touchwood).I had updated my Android Lollipop 5.1.1 to Marshmallow a few days ago,and sync is working normally with it.

Quote:
The sensors and cam were fitted by dealer. No idea if they were painted over or are available in white.
When the dealer fitted the Autocop sensors to my car,I saw that they had 3 colour options- Silver,White and Black.My car being blue,I had opted for the black.
dragonov007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 23:17   #639

Quote:

Ford really needs to take a cue from Nexa. I had almost finalized S-cross (partly because the product is good, and partly because the interactions with them were quite nice actually).

Just in case it helps, Tanish Ford at Gurgaon Sector 15 are a decent bunch of guys. My overall car-buying experience with them has been positive (still not Nexa-like, but I was comfortable). You might be able to get a decent customer experience as well; after all if you really like Aspire AT more than Baleno AT, then no harm to give it a shot.
vaeroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 01:07   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Its a ford aspire titanium petrol. The current status is that a ford technician is supposed to arrive today and check the issue.
Any update after the technician's visit? Thanks.

Quote:

When the dealer fitted the Autocop sensors to my car,I saw that they had 3 colour options- Silver,White and Black.My car being blue,I had opted for the black.
Congrats on the 1k. Thanks for the info on the Autocop colors, that's really helpful.
Old 15th February 2016, 15:45   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Observations:
Mine is probably the only Aspire TDCi to be solely driven inside city limits for this entire 1000 Km.The car has been driven in bumper to bumper traffic almost 40% of the time and the rest 60% have been in relatively open roads with signals coming up at 2-3 km intervals. Approximately 50% of the time the car has been driven with heater/AC.I have never exceeded 2K rpm mark,and have gone upto max 90 kph.Coming from my petrol Getz 1.3,Santro Xing and the Qualis, this 17+ km/L in city comes as a pleasant surprise.

The car has been effortless to drive around in the city.And what surprises the most is the car's amazing agility even at lazy <2k rpms.However while moving up the gears quickly,I infrequently find the 2nd to 3rd transition a bit notchy.Can not wait to see what the car is capable of when the run-in period of 1500 km is over.

Congrats, we have lot of things common... Aspire Titanium Diesel (your is a Titanium+) replacing the Santro, & 100% city drive till date (I have completed 4.6k till date).

But, being in Delhi-NCR, I get better roads (with moronic competitors to hog roads), & thus, manage ~22 kmpl.

Just to update all others I got the Ford Genuine Accessory parking sensors & camera (in the IVRM... the display is small & okay type) & find the overall setup quite satisfactory, as have managed difficult parking in overcrowded Laxmi Nagar without any issue till date.

Only 2 things bother me with the car - MRFs & no damping in doors (you can feel the music & window rolling up-down vibes on the door pad).

To add on till date haven't find it hard to maintain all beige interiors despite have hyperactive 2 kids in home, always looking to ride the car.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 17:08   #642
BHPian

Hi All, Did you guys observed lot of advertising by Ford on TV since last week Aspire Model? Look like Ford marketing team has finally awakened after seeing drop in January Sales.

Last edited by nilpat : 15th February 2016 at 17:15. Reason: spell mistakes
nilpat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 20:21   #643
BHPian

And it finally happened during the Valentine Weekend, a heart breaking dent to my Aspire.....

Ford Aspire : Official Review-p_20160215_195857.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-p_20160215_195952.jpg

Managed to drive it without any scratch or dent for almost close to 6 months now which is a record in terms of other cars I have driven earlier, however the curse of parking lots is still following me and this dent too was left by some careless driver probably last night when I was visiting a marriage function at SRPF Grounds in Wanaowrie, Pune. The parking area was slightly away from the lawn in a ground which not well lit, I did not notice it while leaving from the function only until today after reaching office.

Damage seems to be concentrated in limited area and is not immediately visible, Ford ASS would straightaway recommended changing boot lid and I am unable to make out if the material can be straightened with some denting work if done outside what do you suggest guys?
Old 16th February 2016, 06:23   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
And it finally happened during the Valentine Weekend, a heart breaking dent to my Aspire. ...

Ford ASS would straightaway recommended changing boot lid and I am unable to make out if the material can be straightened with some denting work if done outside what do you suggest guys?
That is heartbreaking. But something that would have happened anyway.

Have you pushing it from the inside? That area should be accessible from inside the boot - and maybe you can make it less visible.

Otherwise I suggest that you show it to ford ASS and ask for their help. They might be able to fix it easily without replacement.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 09:51   #645
BHPian

Quote:
My friend purchased a FORD Aspire 1.5 months back.When he was returning back from the office the car wasn't starting.He called the ROAD assistance and towed the vehicle.Its been 3 days they haven't found what is the fault and the new car is lying at the service station Caculo Ford Goa.Its surprising they haven't found the fault yet. Any help or feedback on this would be great.
Hey.
Could you update us on the status of your friends car? Has the car started and the ford engineers haven't found the fault or the car is up and running but they dont know what caused it.

I feel you should deal with those caculo ford guys a bit sternly and send a mail to the MD of Ford, though they are quite a decent service center, if you are not forceful with them they tend to take things a bit too lightly. 3 days is way too long to diagnose a problem.

Hope your friend's car is back with him at the earliest

regards

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th February 2016 at 14:40. Reason: 2 emoticons per post. Please read the rules before proceeding. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks