Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2016, 15:53   #1141
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
I have also observed the same. To be safe, I usually remove my car phone charger or Dashcam charger whenever I get out of the car. Ideally, it should go off after the key is removed from the ignition or after the car is locked.

I have also observed that if the indicator is on when I switch off the car, the headlight for the side on which the indicator is on also stays on long after I have locked the car. :what:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
All power goes off after sometime - I think it's 10 minutes.

Try this experiment - get out of the car but do not lock it. Open the car door again after an hour. You will notice that nothing, not even the cabin light, will come on unless you turn the ignition or press the lock/unlock button on the remote key.

I think it's one of the park light or low beam bulbs that stays on.
I suppose its a feature, something like the follow me home lights.

Could be used to focus people's attention on the edge of the car, for example if parked on the left side a road, you could switch on the right indicator.

Just my thought though.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 12:38   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks samaspire, I tried this, but even after 20 mins the light did not go off.

Quote:
Try this experiment - get out of the car but do not lock it. Open the car door again after an hour. You will notice that nothing, not even the cabin light, will come on unless you turn the ignition or press the lock/unlock button on the remote key.
Yes the car needs to be unlock after 1 hour.

I think I need to talk to FASS during my second service next week about this.

Last edited by bblost : 27th December 2016 at 12:52. Reason: fixed quote
CrazyToDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:09   #1143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Did a DIY- Installed armrest in my Aspire- No drills, no holes
I just bumped into this after-market accessory

How is your experience after a month?

Are you able to rest your hand comfortably without sacrificing the cubby hole space as well as hand-brake usage?

I use the hand-brake regularly (every traffic stop) and hope this installation does not hinder usage of hand-brake?

I see that this product is now available for INR 904/- on Amazon India
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:20   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I just bumped into this after-market accessory

How is your experience after a month?
It is comfortable to use and doesn't cause hindrance much in operating the handbrake. I too use the handbrake in stop- go traffic where I have to climb an incline and and then decent, not much issue.
But only issue is if you press too hard at the front end the armrest goes down. To fix this I am going to add 2 additional long screws which will rest over the bottle holder and will prevent it from going down.
You can check more pics here which I have taken from front seat.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4098560
CrazyToDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 11:54   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
I am afraid that is incorrect understanding. 12V socket remains on as long as a device is plugged in, I have this mobile charger and this stays on as long as hooked in in socket.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 12:43   #1146
BHPian

Guys 10000 kms up in 5 months for my Aspire Diesel.
Second servicing done. Routine servicing with Oil change. I got the wheel rotation, balancing and alignment done as well. Total bill 2925.
Ride now feels refined.
2 issues highlighted- Discoloration of Headlight reflector and squiky noise on pressing the horn. Service advisor took the photo of headlights and checked the horn pad. Both parts will be replaced under warranty.
I confirmed with him about the 12 V socket and he mentioned it remains ON always. You need to remove the charger from the port or it will drain the battery.
CrazyToDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 13:10   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrammohan View Post
Had an unpleasant experience with my 1.5AT yesterday. Was parked at the office, but found that the steering, gearshift, and even ignition were 'locked' i.e. I was unable to use them. Even in the past, the ignition key sometimes 'got stuck' i.e wouldn't normally turn without little force. But yesterday, it was in a whole different level.

Finally called Ford Roadside Assistance who I must admit were very responsive. But when the tow truck came an hour later - I tried the ignition and it turned and I was able to drive home.

Will go to the service center and ask what could be the reason for this. Anyone else had a similar experience or insight into what could have caused this?
Did you figureout what was wrong? Typically if the steering is locked, you will not be able to turn the ignition unless you turn the steering a bit. I have seen this behaviour in many cars. Regarding the gear shift, were you parked in an incline? For TC - AT, if the car is in an incline, the shifter refuses to move unless you apply some force. Ford's one is a DCT one, so not sure if this holds good here.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 10:24   #1148

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Did you figureout what was wrong? Typically if the steering is locked, you will not be able to turn the ignition unless you turn the steering a bit. I have seen this behaviour in many cars. Regarding the gear shift, were you parked in an incline? For TC - AT, if the car is in an incline, the shifter refuses to move unless you apply some force. Ford's one is a DCT one, so not sure if this holds good here.
This used to happen with my old Santro - but never to a degree that I couldn't start the car.
Now that you mention it there is a slight incline in the parking. And both the times this has happened the car was parked in the exact same spot (it's right under a shade, so I still do) )
Old 6th January 2017, 10:58   #1149
BHPian

My brother owns a Ford Aspire, 1.5 MT Trend. Recently he had to travel out of India for 3 weeks. Upon his return, he was not able to start the vehicle, ignition was not working. He had to jump start the vehicle.

Was curious to know as to whether the batteries would get discharged completely within 3 weeks (which I feel is relatively a small time frame!)

Has anybody else faced this issue?
Old 6th January 2017, 16:56   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
My brother owns a Ford Aspire, 1.5 MT Trend. Recently he had to travel out of India for 3 weeks. Upon his return, he was not able to start the vehicle, ignition was not working. He had to jump start the vehicle.

Was curious to know as to whether the batteries would get discharged completely within 3 weeks (which I feel is relatively a small time frame!)

Has anybody else faced this issue?
It normally shouldn't, unless some light was mistakenly left ON (perhaps cabin light).
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 17:06   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
It normally shouldn't, unless some light was mistakenly left ON (perhaps cabin light).
All the electronics except the charging point gets turned off automatically, be it the cabin light or stereo. It is a battery saver feature. Unless there has been any after market modifications tampering the electrical system, I couldn't think of any reason for the battery going dead within 3 weeks.
samcan123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 09:25   #1152
Senior - BHPian

So finally, almost 2 months after I first informed them of the issue, I was called for the headlight replacement under warranty.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170106_100548.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170106_100559.jpg

Both headlights removed...

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170106_100910.jpg

and right one installed.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170106_101714.jpg

Then I noticed this. Small white specks inside the headlight assembly.

So a wasted 2 hours from a busy schedule just because of poor quality control by Ford.

Will be going back next week once the replacement lights arrive.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 12:05   #1153
BHPian

A need for a new car:
Let's rewind the time to Jun-2016.
I needed a car once I relocate to Bangalore. Do I really need a diesel? I thought. Hmm.. The car will be used only for short weekend trips within the city and for occasional highway runs. Average mileage would be around 1000 km per month or sometimes even less than that. So, a petrol hatchback makes more sense.
Having owned a Punto at my home town for 5 years made me think that going for entry level hatchbacks would be a bit of a downgrade. So I was keen on considering premium hatchbacks. After all, there are various choices to spoil you if you are out to buy a hatchback.

Elite I20 was the first on my list. I have always admired the way the Elite I20 has been designed. Sleek front grill, sweeping tail lights, floating C pillar, it sure is a looker. Though it has been some time since Elite I20 has been in the market, I still couldn't resist the temptation. Checked out the car in the showroom and found that it still hasn't lost it's charm. The rear legroom is sufficient though not class leading. The interiors were well put together with nice soft touch plastics. I did not like the light chocolate color interiors compared to the all back that is present in the Active I20, but I can live with that. Took it for a test drive. Oh man.. the car struggled to pull with just 3 people on board. The engine was very refined, the gearshift was very smooth, the steering weighted well as the speed built up. I knew that many people claim the steering feedback to be unnerving at high speeds. But still I was ready to overlook that since I am a sedate driver and would not be doing speeds more than 120 often. But when I came to know that the Magna variant lacked ABS and airbags, I was in for a shock. What kind of value does it hold for such a price tag without these safety features? Had it not been for the weak engine and lack of ABS and airbags, I would have definitely gone with the Elite I20.

Baleno grabbed my attention next to I20. Good looks, very good set of features for each variant, ABS and airbag as standard across all variants, decent interiors, comfortable front seats, good rear legroom, decent boot space. Hmm.. The positive points on paper were too convincing. Took a test drive to feel how it drives. Wow! Excellent power to weight ratio. The engine was silent and refined with very good torque. After driving my diesel Punto for 5 years, I was thinking that all 1.2 litre petrol motors will not have enough torque. But, I was proved wrong by Baleno's 1.2 mill. I fell in love with the way the engine responded. The gearbox was slick and the clutch feel was good. The steering feel was not very good. It was too light at parking speeds. May be I was comparing it with my Punto's HPS. The suspension was a bit firm, but what else can I expect in such a lightweight car. The delta variant ticked all the right boxes for me. But I still wanted to test drive other cars as well before finalizing the Baleno.

Jazz is one car that has been praised by many for the sheer space it offers in it's class. Yes, the car had very spacious interiors, a big boot, a refined engine and of course the brand name of a Honda. But somehow Jazz did not appeal to me. I felt the design to be more in line with a mini van rather than that of a hatchback (no offense Jazz lovers). But I still wanted to give Jazz it's fair chance in my decision making process. I loved the black interiors of the top end Jazz but sadly I was looking out for the S variant which offered only beige interiors and also lacked ABS. The interior design was a definite betterment over the previous gen Jazz but somehow it did not feel premium enough. The plastic quality was acceptable but not was not in the leagues of a Hyundai or a Volkswagen. The test drive showed the engine's refinement. The gearbox was smooth and the steering was precise. But somehow it did not pull any strings in my heart. Moreover, the price tag for the S variant against the set of features it offered and the running costs of a Honda (remember? Honda has a 6 month service interval) made me think twice.

Polo was next on my list. I have always liked the way the Polo is designed - simple and elegant. The low stance gave it a sporty look. The build quality was excellent. Though the boot was of sufficient size, the rear legroom was cramped and the interiors of comfortline variant didn't quite match up with the elegance of the highline variant. The test drive showed that the 3 cylinder engine note was loud and the refinement was not in the league of other 4 cylinder petrol engines in the market. The engine noise became more evident when the RPM climbed further. The gearbox was a delight to use and the suspension was excellent. Overall the car that bowled me over by it's elegant appearance and the build quality, did not intrigue me to buy one.

I striked out the below hatchbacks from my list without even a test drive.
Punto - A petrol Punto simply doesn't make sense. Moreover, Fiat selling only the mid-variant (Dynamic) with petrol engines simply did not inspire confidence in me regarding the lifecycle of it.
Etios Liva - Bland exteriors and interiors. Looks dated.
Swift - Looks dated and is due for a facelift next year, cramped rear leg room and limited boot space.
Bolt, Micra, Pulse - The design simply did not impress me.
Figo - Limited boot space in comparison.

I haven't liked compact sedans in the past. I thought that I would rather buy a premium hatchback over a compact sedan any day. But suddenly, bringing them in to the picture made some sense. I wanted to see if any of them can actually change my perspective on the compact sedans.

Dzire was not on my list. I liked the swift better.

Amaze - I would rather buy a Jazz for the same amount of money. Cost cutting was evident on the Amaze. The interior was looking a bit cheaper than that of a Jazz.

Ameo's boot did not look quite good. IMHO, a Polo is any day a looker compared to the Ameo. The extra 30 litres of boot space compared to the Polo was not compelling enough. The only feature that was really tempting as opposed to the Polo was the Cruise control. Ameo gets cruise control even in the Comfortline but the Polo gets it only in it's highline avatar. Test drove Ameo to see how the cruise control works. I really liked that feature. But, for me cruise control alone was not enough for the Ameo to dethrone Polo.

Xcent - I was not very keen on this since it did not appeal to me as the Elite I20 did.

Zest was one car that I wanted to check since I saw many people praise the leap in the quality improvement. Visited the showroom to check one. The front of the car is not bad but the side profile reminded me of the Vista/Manza. However the rear LED tail lights was good looking. I stepped inside and wondered if it is a Tata product. I really liked the interior design very much. The steering wheel was nice to hold although it was a bit bigger in size. The instrument console was neatly laid out and the Harman music system sounded decent. I went for a test drive to see how it behaves on road. The engine was silent and the NVH levels were very well contained. The turbo engine performed rather well on the short test drive. The gear shift was smooth. I tried using different driving modes (eco, city and sport) of the Revotron engine, but I couldn't find any noticeable difference. But I cannot complain about that since the engine pulled cleanly in traffic without any issues. So, I did not care about the modes. But the let down was the ergonomics and driving position. I was considering the second variant which lacked the seat height adjustment. So, in the test car I set the seat height to the mid position to see if I can live without seat height adjustment. Somehow, I couldn't find a comfortable driving position. another grouse was the lack of space for my left leg. There is no dead pedal and there is hardly any space left to keep the left leg while cruising on highways. Though the car was making a good sense as an overall package considering the cheaper price tag and the amount of features we get for that, the poor ergonomics simply made me drop this option off my list.

Aspire is a looker, at least from the front 3 quarters. The large front grill made the exterior look beefy even though it is not. The boot, if not beautiful, looks decent for a compact sedan. The interior design looked good and the rear legroom was sufficient. But the moment I sat in the car and closed the doors, it felt heartbreaking. Why did Ford give such a flimsy feel to the door and the door pads? Aspire's doors were no where near the solid doors of my Punto. Even the lighter Baleno had a better feel when I closed the doors. Then when I operated the power windows, I could see the door pads flexing. That's again not a good sign for a Ford. The earlier Ford models were heavier and well built. Despite all these, I went for a test drive. It was a very silent cabin. The gearbox was smooth, the ergonomics were good, the suspension was excellent, the steering was precise but the initial torque is nothing to boast of. Everyone in the internet forums were going gaga over the diesel Figo/Aspire but I really did not have a monthly running requirement to justify a diesel, whatsoever. So, I stuck with the petrol aspire in my list.

Purchase decision:
On completing the test drives of the cars in my list, I set my mind on Baleno Delta Petrol. It made a very good proposition which I simply could not resist. I booked the car even before relocating to Bangalore since I can save a few weeks of waiting period. I was also told by the dealer that Maruti had increased the production and so the waiting period might come down. After waiting for more than one month I called the dealer to ask about the status and still they were not sure about the status. Hmm.. Is it worth waiting for 8 months to buy a car? I thought.

I started revisiting the websites to see how other options fared against Baleno. I was very much attracted towards the Aspire from the beginning sans my doubt on the build quality. Started searching on forums about the same. Then came to know that there is some sound engineering involved in closing of the doors. I came to know that even a tinny door can be engineered to sound with a mild thud instead of an unconvincing clink. Oh, is it why the doors on a Baleno sound better while closing despite it's lightweight? This made me think. Then I came to know that Aspire's doors miss out on the rubber beading (I don't know why Ford has skimped on this) that is the culprit behind the clunky sound on closing the doors.

Suddenly everything started falling in place. I thought it would be a sensible decision to reconsider Aspire. After all, I like the way Ford cars drive. The refined engine, good driving dynamics, plush ride quality, comfortable interiors, would satisfy me more than the shortcomings the Aspire posed. The slash in price of almost 91K for titanium variant by Ford came handy. I would be able to get my hand on a Titanium variant with most of the bells and whistles that I would get on the Zeta variant of Baleno for just the price of Delta variant or even lesser. The extreme value for money offering from Ford was simply irresistible. I would have also enjoyed the car for almost 6 months whereas if it was for the Baleno it would have just been allotted to me then.

Finally I made up my mind and cancelled the booking of Baleno and booked the Aspire petrol titanium.

Insurance:
The Ford preferred insurance with Royal Sundaram looked a bit costly to me. They quoted Rs.24xxx for comprehensive and an additional Rs.4000 for zero depreciation, a total of Rs.28xxx. I tried getting quotations from multiple other insurance companies both directly and from agencies like policybazaar and coverfox. A word of advice to fellow bhpians - Try to avoid such agencies since they try to convince you without revealing much details. One such executive quoted a very less amount as premium (around Rs.13xxx) to me. I suspected some foul play and asked him the split up. Then came to know that he has taken a lesser IDV amount. Usually the IDV should be 5% less than the ex-showroom price. But the agent calculated the IDV as 10% less than the ex-showroom price. Though this would lead to lesser premium, the insured value of the vehicle would also be less.
Since I was an existing customer with Future Generali insurance for my Punto, I contacted them directly and got a very reasonable discount. The comprehensive insurance along with zero depreciation cost me Rs.17xxx.

Booking experience:
Booked the car from Lathangi Ford (JP Nagar, Bangalore) on August. There was a lot of confusion on negotiating the discounts. The sales executive who promised me a lot of freebies suddenly left the job. Then the general manager of the dealership called me and told that it would take one more month of waiting for the delivery (earlier the sales exec promised the delivery within 15 days). The GM quoted the price slash of Rs.91000 for the Titanium variant caused the bump in the waiting period. He also told that the offers and discounts that the sales executive promised cannot be fulfilled. I had an email confirmation from the sales executive but it contained only some of the freebies mentioned. I went to the showroom and met the GM in person and showed him the email. He said he cannot give all the discounts/freebies that the sales executive had promised but he told that he will try his best to give me better offer. He also mentioned that the sales executive was involved in many such false promises to the customers and even looted some of the booking amount from the customers and hence he was terminated. I was a bit upset to hear that but was happy that the GM handled my concerns very well. Then came the storm. A week later, I called up the dealership to know the status of my vehicle and was shocked to hear that the GM also quit the job . I immediately raised a complaint in Ford India website giving a detailed explanation of what happened. They followed up within one hour of raising the complaint and patched me up with the owner of the dealership. Now, this was the worst phase in my buying experience. The owner did not give a darn about my concerns and said that all the offers that the sales executive and the GM gave are not valid. I had to fight my way in and make him agree to the complimentary seat covers and reverse parking sensor in addition to the 3rd year extended warranty as corporate discount. Finally he asked me to close the complaint with Ford India stating that the issues has been resolved to my complete satisfaction. I did not understand how the heck did he expected me to do so. I could have cancelled my current booking and gone with another dealership with a new booking but the waiting period of 2 months in other dealerships put me off and made me stay with my current booking.

Finally got my car delivered by September end. Luckily I got a vehicle that was manufactured on the same month.

Initial Observations:
My initial impression on the car was neutral. It excels in some areas, lacks in some and stays neutral in some.
Positives:
  • Good front-end looks
  • Very silent petrol motor
  • Plush ride quality
  • Very good handling in its class
  • Enough knee room and leg room at the rear
  • Good ergonomics
  • Value for money
  • Funky looking centre console
  • Stock music system sounds very good
  • Very good packaging on the interior (lots of cup holders and storage spaces)
  • After the price slash a few months back, Titanium variant makes more sense with more bang for the buck
  • 14 inch rims do look a bit out of proportion but I think that is what has led to better cushioning since it houses a higher profile tyre.
  • AC effect is very good
  • Gearshift is smooth
  • Good braking efficiency. During panic braking, car comes to a halt without any drama.
Negatives:
  • Build quality and sheet metal thickness is not something to brag about. Door panels flex on operating the power windows.
  • Low-end torque could have been better
  • The beige color could have been richer. The light oak color looks a bit cheap compared to the beige color in other cars in competition.
  • Boot finish is not up to the mark. The exposed metal parts near the rear seat are a threat to soft finish luggage. The boot hinges eat up quite a bit of the boot space.
  • The indicator stalk feel a bit cheap and hard to operate (especially the pass switch)
  • Absence of temperature gauge
Initial Ownership:
I have driven around 2000km so far and the car brings up a smile every time I drive it. I completed a Bangalore-Chennai trip during Diwali and got acquainted with the car's behavior.

I also happened to do a Bangalore-Coorg trip during which I started to enjoy the fun-to-drive factor of a Ford. Yes, it could have been better if it was a HPS, but the electric power steering is not bad at all. The feedback from the steering is precise and the way the chassis handles the curves in hills is commendable. The seat is comfortable for long journeys. Family members praised the rear seat comfort for a fatigue-free journey. The music system sounds very good for a stock setup. The car was still in running-in condition when I made both the trips so I had to refrain from revving the engine too much or do a constant high speed run. The mileage hovered a little more than 15kmpl during the trip to Coorg. Considering that there were 5 occupants on board with the boot full of luggage, I think it is a pretty good number.

Updated on 02-Jan-2017:
I did a roundtrip between Bangalore and Chennai last week. Since the car has run for more than 2000 km, I started stretching the legs a bit. The car seem to behave properly now-a-days with a reasonable bottom-end. I don't know if it is the engine that has started opening up after the run-in or I have just gotten used to the way it behaves and adjusted my driving style accordingly . The weak bottom-end is no longer my worry.

The car behaves well mannered on highways even at speeds like 120kmph. Slowly I am starting to fall in love with the car. One grouse I have is that the car wobbles slightly when a high speed vehicle passes by on the highways. It isn't unnerving, but it just shows that the build could have been slightly heavier. That aside, the car feels well planted and doesn't let you down. The suspension works really well and is tuned for comfort. The front suspension is not silent though and there is a prominent thud when driving over big potholes in city. At highway speeds, there is no bobbing and the ride and handling is balanced quite well. The AC effect is very good. It cools the cabin quickly without any fuss. The seat provides good support during long drives. The NVH level is acceptable. Though the engine is very silent, the wind and road noise do filter into the cabin. It is not bothersome, but I would say the insulation could have been better. Or am I asking too much from a compact sedan?

With 2 people on board, AC turned on for the entire trip and not speeding more than 120, the mileage indicated by the MID was around 17kmpl. Had it not been for the worst traffic at the toll gates (due to holiday season), I believe the mileage could have been marginally better. It is a different scenario in the city though. Since the car asks for frequent downshifts in city stop-go traffic, the mileage drops to around 10 kmpl in the city. It is not much of a concern to me since the average running of the car is less.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_1792.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_1311.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_1314.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 7th January 2017 at 12:05. Reason: Moving post to official review thread
samcan123 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 14:05   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Initial Ownership:
I have driven around 2000km so far and the car brings up a smile every time I drive it. I completed a Bangalore-Chennai trip during Diwali and got acquainted with the car's behavior.
Many congratulations on your Aspire and nice crisp review there samcan123. You should soon start your separate ownership thread. I liked the way in which you have mentioned the pros and cons of the car in all your honesty. After committing to a car, we usually tend to turn a blind eye to its drawbacks, but you have not shied away from mentioning those.

Wish you a very happy ownership experience with your Aspire and thousands of (s)miles
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 19:52   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
So finally, almost 2 months after I first informed them of the issue, I was called for the headlight replacement under warranty.

Will be going back next week once the replacement lights arrive.

Hey, my aunt is in the market for a petrol compact sedan. The aspire is one of the strong contenders but I would like to know if in your many interactions with Ford, have you come across any updates Ford plans for the aspire this year?

Since the figo twins are performing very badly (especially figo) is Ford serious about the twins or are they not really bothered and will only update the models during their mid life?

Since my aunt plans on keeping the car for 10+ years, not worried about resale but would not like to miss out on any new features additions if it's likely to occur in the first half of this year.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
A need for a new car:
Let's rewind the time to Jun-2016.
I needed a car once I relocate to Bangalore. Do I really need a diesel? I thought. Hmm.. The car will be used only for short weekend trips within the city and for occasional highway runs. Average mileage would be around 1000 km per month or sometimes even less than that. So, a petrol hatchback makes more sense.
With 2 people on board, AC turned on for the entire trip and not speeding more than 120, the mileage indicated by the MID was around 17kmpl. Had it not been for the worst traffic at the toll gates (due to holiday season), I believe the mileage could have been marginally better. It is a different scenario in the city though. Since the car asks for frequent downshifts in city stop-go traffic, the mileage drops to around 10 kmpl in the city. It is not much of a concern to me since the average running of the car is less.
Excellent little review 👍
Great to see the new petrol figo giving decent mileage under various conditions.

My 2011 petrol figo is still running strong without any non-scheduled part replacement,but the mileage is nothing to boast about. It does give decent mileage,but only on long trips with no AC😂 I'm no sedate driver but not a street racer either. Would have love to keep our figo till it really becomes expensive to maintain but ever increasing running and lack of confidence in the safety features of our 2012 Alto ( mom uses it often) ,we are planning to replace both with a safer car at the end of this year, mostly with a diesel figo/ aspire but that depends on what attitude Ford has for the twins in terms of updates and not pulling the plug on the flopped figo hatch.

Wishing you many miles of blissful driving!

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 7th January 2017 at 19:55.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed