Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

It's finally out !!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...te-2015-a.html

My perspective on my car
samaspire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 09:49   #1127

Had an unpleasant experience with my 1.5AT yesterday. Was parked at the office, but found that the steering, gearshift, and even ignition were 'locked' i.e. I was unable to use them. Even in the past, the ignition key sometimes 'got stuck' i.e wouldn't normally turn without little force. But yesterday, it was in a whole different level.

Finally called Ford Roadside Assistance who I must admit were very responsive. But when the tow truck came an hour later - I tried the ignition and it turned and I was able to drive home.

Will go to the service center and ask what could be the reason for this. Anyone else had a similar experience or insight into what could have caused this?
Old 7th December 2016, 10:18   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrammohan View Post
Will go to the service center and ask what could be the reason for this. Anyone else had a similar experience or insight into what could have caused this?
Not sure if this is the same problem, but I am just letting you know. I had a similar issue with a Nissan Altima that I used. It had keyless entry though. Everything stopped working one fine day. It turned out to be a steering lock issue and the whole steering assembly was replaced (as usual they never repair anything here; they just replace). I got to know that gearshift mechanism and ignition will not work if the steering remains locked. So your first suspect should be a faulty steering lock.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 7th December 2016 at 10:29.
DieselAddikt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 14:51   #1129
Senior - BHPian

The latest price list for Goa.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161213-14.43.56.jpg
Courtesy: Eric from London/Goa

What is striking is that now the Petrol Trend is just 60,000 away from Ambiente.

And Trend does not make any sense when the Titanium is just 12,000 more.

Now which is more VFM?
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 16:18   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
What kind of fuel economy can one expect from the 1.5 DCT version?

Can the owners please chip in with their feed back because I'm not able to find reliable data over the internet.
Hi,

Was just visiting this thread after a long gap, and noticed your query.

I have done approx 17K kms in last 9 months with my Aspire 1.5 AT. The FE with full-time AC that I am getting (in Delhi) is 13-14 kmpl consistently.

Cheers/ AB
Ashish B is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 22:49   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Guess where the RCM (Restraint Control Module) is...

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161209_092650.jpg

Just beside the Handbrake console, under the bottle holders.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 18:35   #1132
Senior - BHPian

I just returned yesterday from my 4 day trip.
Had hired a zoomcar Aspire.

It was a brand new 2 month old car with just 4k on the Odo. It ran quite well and also returned a very good fuel economy with approx 2200 worth of diesel for a 900kms trip.

I noticed 2 issues with the car
1. The headlights are terrible. There is no other word for it. During onward trip, I had picked the car at 5 am from Pune and notice this issue. I stopped and showed it at Ford Kolhapur showroom and they adjusted the right HL to match the left one, but which returning the high beam still fell short terribly after sunset. It was where the low beam should be, even after adjusting the headlight to its highest position from the inside.
2. Found the panels not as snug fit as they should be. The driver side door panel kept moving in slightly when the window was being rolled up.

Apart from that, it was quite comfortable and I did not feel tired at the end of the 9.5 hours journey in it.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 21st December 2016 at 18:37.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 09:45   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I noticed 2 issues with the car
1. The headlights are terrible.
2. Found the panels not as snug fit as they should be. The driver side door panel kept moving in slightly when the window was being rolled up.
1. I own an Aspire petrol and I haven't faced any issues with the headlight spread or intensity so far. I have made a couple of night trips but haven't felt the need for upgrading the headlight immediately. But I see many people in the forum had complained about the headlight. May be it's just me who feels it to be okay .
2. Yes, I observed the same issue (door panel moved when the window was rolled up/down) when I test drove the car before purchasing mine. Thinking that the test drive car has not been maintained well, I checked the same in the demo car sitting in the showroom and was shocked to see the same in that car too. I seriously didn't expect such a lousy quality control from Ford. But I just decided that I can live with that since the car offered me more in other aspects.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:36   #1134
BHPian

Guys,

Need urgent help. Unable to locate Radiator Cap... can someone please guide me on this.

Cheers/ AB
Old 22nd December 2016, 13:26   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
1. I own an Aspire petrol and I haven't faced any issues with the headlight spread or intensity so far. I have made a couple of night trips but haven't felt the need for upgrading the headlight immediately. But I see many people in the forum had complained about the headlight. May be it's just me who feels it to be okay .
2. Yes, I observed the same issue (door panel moved when the window was rolled up/down) when I test drove the car before purchasing mine. Thinking that the test drive car has not been maintained well, I checked the same in the demo car sitting in the showroom and was shocked to see the same in that car too. I seriously didn't expect such a lousy quality control from Ford. But I just decided that I can live with that since the car offered me more in other aspects.
This door panel flexing when windows are rolled up is common in many 10+ lakh Maruti ciaz ,doesn't seem to bother the 5 or 6k customers every month 😁.

Since the aspire/ figo are lighter build(similar to Maruti, but to a small extent) ,I guess this may happen.. I guess it depends if you can ignore it or its one of those schizophrenic things, just can't get it out of the mind...😁

Regards
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 13:34   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Guess where the RCM (Restraint Control Module) is...

Attachment 1584816

Just beside the Handbrake console, under the bottle holders.
That is the earmarked location for most cars, which is where the Airbag ECU sits.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 09:33   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish B View Post
Guys,

Need urgent help. Unable to locate Radiator Cap... can someone please guide me on this.

Cheers/ AB
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20161223_092146.jpg

The white tank with orange liquid. Its the coolant tank, whose cap doubles up as the radiator cap. Confirmed it with the service centre.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 11:25   #1138
BHPian

Guys need help
Does the 12V accessories socket remain 'ON' even after you lock the car?
I have connected USB Mobile charger to the 12 V socket and yesterday I noticed that it remains on even after I lock the car. Usually the clock on the ICE goes off after 30 secs I lock the car. So I thought it also must be going off. Is there some issue or is it normal? IMO it should go off once the car is locked.
Old 26th December 2016, 12:16   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Guys need help
I have connected USB Mobile charger to the 12 V socket and yesterday I noticed that it remains on even after I lock the car. Usually the clock on the ICE goes off after 30 secs I lock the car. So I thought it also must be going off. Is there some issue or is it normal? IMO it should go off once the car is locked.
I have also observed the same. To be safe, I usually remove my car phone charger or Dashcam charger whenever I get out of the car. Ideally, it should go off after the key is removed from the ignition or after the car is locked.

I have also observed that if the indicator is on when I switch off the car, the headlight for the side on which the indicator is on also stays on long after I have locked the car. :what:

Last edited by Ketan T : 26th December 2016 at 12:17.
Old 26th December 2016, 15:12   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Guys need help
All power goes off after sometime - I think it's 10 minutes.

Try this experiment - get out of the car but do not lock it. Open the car door again after an hour. You will notice that nothing, not even the cabin light, will come on unless you turn the ignition or press the lock/unlock button on the remote key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
I have also observed that if the indicator is on when I switch off the car, the headlight for the side on which the indicator is on also stays on long after I have locked the car
I think it's one of the park light or low beam bulbs that stays on.

Last edited by samaspire : 26th December 2016 at 15:25. Reason: Adding reply

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks