Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2018, 08:15   #1591
BANNED

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
This sound comes not in a brand new car but after some use. I had this issue on the Micra too and hear it on another Figo, so I assume it's a common issue on present day cars (cost cutting?).
As far as I have known Ford Service, most of the times they believe to replace rather than repair. Maybe this is the reason why the motor itself is being changed. I always say to everyone that in today's competitive world, every company tries to make maximum profit and thus may use products which have inferior quality. Adding to this misery, we don't have any strong regulations in India which makes it a cake walk for the companies to use bad quality parts and sell their products.

Last edited by Samurai : 25th July 2018 at 09:52. Reason: typo
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 09:44   #1592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
This is the air deflector inside the ducts making the noise, there is a small motor that turns the deflector. Greasing usually solves it, but I don't know why the motor itself has to be changed.

This sound comes not in a brand new car but after some use. I had this issue on the Micra too and hear it on another Figo, so I assume it's a common issue on present day cars (cost cutting?).

I have not heard this noise in my Fords so far---one is a 2007 Fiesta and the other a 2012 Figo. I guess this affects only the newer models.
Old 25th July 2018, 13:50   #1593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
As far as I have known Ford Service, most of the times they believe to replace rather than repair. Maybe this is the reason why the motor itself is being changed. I always say to everyone that in today's competitive world, every company tries to make maximum profit and thus may use products which have inferior quality. Adding to this misery, we don't have any strong regulations in India which makes it a cake walk for the companies to use bad quality parts and sell their products.
That's the reality of today's market - we have to live with it, until people start suing everyone left, right and centre. Regulations do not work until it hits then where it hurts most - the bottom line.

In this case, I'm happy that they are replacing it - otherwise, what's the point of Warranty. Ford service is pretty good and they look to resolve issues rather than postpone them.

Another issue:

Anyone else noticed their Stepney area getting wet? Just a LOT of condensation. When I say lot, I mean the foam under the Stepney cover is also wet.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th July 2018 at 14:45. Reason: back to back posts merged.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 15:13   #1594
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Another issue:

Anyone else noticed their Stepney area getting wet? Just a LOT of condensation. When I say lot, I mean the foam under the Stepney cover is also wet.
I don't remember it exactly where but I remember reading about this issue either on Team BHP or Facebook where the user pointed out excessive amount of water in the spare wheel area. I mean it was almost half filled with water.
Any actions which you are planning to take regarding this issue?
Old 31st July 2018, 16:11   #1595
BHPian

Guys,

Took delivery of Figo aspire diesel titanium yesterday. Got the tyres upgraded to Bridgestone B290 185/65/R14. Now spare tyre screw is not getting tightened. Anyone else faced the same problem? And what could be the solution.
Old 2nd August 2018, 01:02   #1596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Guys,

Took delivery of Figo aspire diesel titanium yesterday. Got the tyres upgraded to Bridgestone B290 185/65/R14. Now spare tyre screw is not getting tightened. Anyone else faced the same problem? And what could be the solution.
Either deflate the tyre (which is a horrible idea) or source a longer screw.
Old 5th August 2018, 21:20   #1597
Senior - BHPian

Instructions for opening up the centre lower console.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20180729_170839.jpg

Hold this part with both thumbs and pull back with pressure but slowly. It should come back by about 2 inches. Then push down the rexine cover of the gear lever. It's attached to a rectangular frame. Turn it to pull it out of the hole. Now put your hand inside to access the bottom of the 12v point. Pull the connector down to disconnect it. You can now safely remove the panel.

Last edited by samaspire : 5th August 2018 at 21:22.
Old 5th August 2018, 21:26   #1598
BANNED

Quote:
Instructions for opening up the centre lower console.
Thank you very much sir. I was planning to remove the console for a long time but refrained from doing it because I was not very confident. Looking forward for more such instructions from you as well as other DIY experts.
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 11:33   #1599
BHPian

Few minutes ago after reaching to the destination, switched off the engine while pressing the brakes. When I lifted the foot off the brake, I could hear a prominent"hufff" kind of sound. It continues to make the sound everytime I press the pedal until the pedal becomes hard. Even after starting the engine, the sound persists. What could be the reason? The car is 8800 KM's run.
Old 7th August 2018, 11:42   #1600
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Few minutes ago after reaching to the destination, switched off the engine while pressing the brakes. When I lifted the foot off the brake, I could hear a prominent"hufff" kind of sound. It continues to make the sound everytime I press the pedal until the pedal becomes hard. Even after starting the engine, the sound persists. What could be the reason? The car is 8800 KM's run.
I am a no expert in this but I feel it might be due to lack of lubrication or due to some parts rubbing together. Get it checked at the FASS, they will have a solution to it.
Old 7th August 2018, 13:44   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I believe that is a normal sound from usage of the power brakes after shutdown, the sound would vary depending on the reserves of vacuum left.
Old 7th August 2018, 21:56   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
I believe that is a normal sound from usage of the power brakes after shutdown, the sound would vary depending on the reserves of vacuum left.
May be I noticed the sound today itself when I accidentally pressed the brake pedal after the car had stopped. But it makes the sound even after the engine in on.

Went to the service centre and the mechanic checked for any leakage or damage hose but all seems fine. He too acknowledged that the sound was present. He checked other aspire and and an EcoSport and the huffing sound was present though not that loud. He said its normal. Would get it checked once again during the second service.

Can you guys check out your cars and confirm?
Old 13th August 2018, 14:24   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
In other news:
Has anyone heard creaking sounds while starting up the car, and when turning the knob to change the AC air flow direction. I did, and I showed it to the service centre. I was told that this was a common issue with older Fords and that greasing the motor should solve the problem. Today, I have been informed that the motor will be replaced under warranty.
I am also getting the same sound when I change the AC air flow direction. When I highlighted this to SA, he mentioned it is due to AC flaps.
Let me know if your sound goes off after replacement. I will also ask for replacement.
CrazyToDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 17:19   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I have 6s+ and it fits, but cannot be locked down and it keeps falling off. I tried sliding the phone for it to stay put, but it cannot. The phone otherwise is just the exact size for the dock.
Hi Tharian. Been following you throughout your buying and ownership experience of the Aspure sports diesel. Would love to connect with you. Please message me your number, we can have a word and share the same passion for the Ford FIFO/Aspire Sports (diesel).
Old 21st August 2018, 13:09   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
I am also getting the same sound when I change the AC air flow direction. When I highlighted this to SA, he mentioned it is due to AC flaps.
Let me know if your sound goes off after replacement. I will also ask for replacement.
Changing the motor has fixed the problem. But I think they had issues with the 1st replacement and had to go for another one.

You can now, rightfully, demand for your motor to be replaced as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks