Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2016, 13:32   #76
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Excellent review, as always.
Awaiting the launch price.
AMT with Petrol or Diesel - or Both?? Hope they provide all options!
Old 11th January 2016, 14:34   #77
BHPian

Outstanding level of detail! Rated this a well-deserved 5 stars!

Tata seems to have put in a lot of thought and effort on the Zica. We need to give them full marks for trying. Lets hope the customer experience is really good.
Old 11th January 2016, 15:04   #78
BHPian

Awesome review Rated well deserved 5 stars.
The best thing is, review is out well before the launch of the vehicles.
This would surely help the prospective buyers and would surely help while TDing the car and because many times Sales Executive aren't well informed and fail to explain the features of the car.

I feel ICE of the Zica is biggest USP.
Let the prices be lucrative and this could turn out to be the winner Tata desperately waiting for.
Old 11th January 2016, 15:24   #79
BHPian

Tata has to follow others in its pricing strategy. To increase footfall they can price the base model to 2.75 L and it definitely will create attention. As others have done, they can limit the availability and long waiting period for the base model and thus indirectly forcing the buyers to look at the next variant. Also once the product starts moving fast they can slowly increase the prices. The pricing is the one and only way Tata can pull people in the showrooms now. All other selling points are already in their cars for some time.

Hope Tata will be back on race soon to be a leader.
Old 11th January 2016, 15:27   #80
BHPian

An excellent review indeed.
I am pleasantly surprised at what Tata have done. Beautifully executed product. I have always had a grudge with our Indian manufacturers about not doing enough on the design front. But looking at the car (only through this review), I have to say its a splendid job. The importance to detail is so evident.
For one, reading this review, I really want to see this car in the flesh and experience it myself. I certainly do not know how the car would be as a whole considering its engine, performance, etc... but it is indeed a good feeling to know that our homegrown products are finally making an effort in the right direction.
Old 11th January 2016, 15:29   #81
Senior - BHPian

I have couple of questions for our two esteemed reviewers.

If Zica is primarily driven inside the city with speeds not exceeding 80-90 km at any point of time, would you recommend buying it? And this goes for both engine options.

Also, will it be comfortable enough for a 70 year old person to drive in City? I am seriously considering to get it for my father.
Old 11th January 2016, 15:44   #82
BHPian

Excellent Official Review of New TATA ZICA. I have given 5 star for detailed review by both reviewer. Do we know that TATA ZICA has tray like arrangement like Tata Zest ?
Old 11th January 2016, 15:45   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I have couple of questions for our two esteemed reviewers.

If Zica is primarily driven inside the city with speeds not exceeding 80-90 km at any point of time, would you recommend buying it? And this goes for both engine options.
If it was the petrol, the Grand i10 makes a better case for itself. The Zica petrol lacks the refinement of the Hyundai. Ofcourse this depends on the pricing. If it is priced lower than the Grand i10 and above the Celerio it can very much be considered.

With the diesel, I would go for the Zica. It was much better to drive and even better than the Hyundai's 1.0L diesel motor.

Quote:
Also, will it be comfortable enough for a 70 year old person to drive in City? I am seriously considering to get it for my father.
Yup controls are light to use and engine is driveable.

Overall what I felt was that the Zica has some character to it that you can connect to.

The Hyundai on the other hand is the clinical choice. You cannot go wrong with it and it's sorted on all fronts. What it lacks is the emotional attachment, something which the Zica had.
Vid6639 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 16:04   #84
BHPian

Awesome 5 star review! You guys sure have a knack of noticing intricate things in the car that an owner would get to know after years of ownership!!

For the car, Tata has sure come a long way. I had wished for a long time for a car from Tata that doesn't look like the Indica in any way. Finally, the Zica is here. It could just be my next car, but for that really ugly looking pull knob on the doors which would remind me of my Alto k10 everyday! However, the car overall looks very premium for its segment.
Old 11th January 2016, 16:11   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If it was the petrol, the Grand i10 makes a better case for itself. The Zica petrol lacks the refinement of the Hyundai. Ofcourse this depends on the pricing. If it is priced lower than the Grand i10 and above the Celerio it can very much be considered.
I think it is unfair to compare Zica with Grand i10. When Bolt Petrol and Diesel are priced less than Grand i10 and one can be fairly certain that Zica will be priced less than Bolt, there is no reason to not believe Zica will be priced on par with Celerio, if not less.

I am really curious if the Zica petrol performance is bad compared to Celerio or Grand i10? It would be unfair to benchmark against Grand i10, where Bolt is taking on competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Posting below some of near competitor car price ranges.
WagonR Petrol: 4.06 (Lxi) - 4.64 (VXi O)
Celerio Peteol: 3.96 (Lxi) - 5.02 (VXi O)
i10 Petrol: 4.23 (Era M) - 4.76 (Sportz M)
Grand i10 Petrol: 4.72 (Era M) - 5.90 (Asta O M)
Bolt Petrol: 4.45 (XE) - 5.99 (XT)

Celerio Diesel: 4.71 (Ldi) - 5.77 (Zdi O)
Grand i10 Diesel: 5.58 (Era M) - 6.77 (Asta O M)
Bolt Diesel: 5.50 (XE) - 7.00 (XT)
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 16:19   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
The effort put in Zica is commendable, however, I would stick with Brio for following reasons-
Agree, that is one reason why I've decided to keep my Brio for a long time
For me the Brio gets the basics done perfectly.

But if you compare certain things with a perspective of a normal buyer who is not enthusiastic about the car's driving dynamics but is more interested in what a car offers for the price he pays, the Zica does feel a better proposition.
To put a comparison of Brio with Zica on this thread wont be a good idea, lets wait for the price and then comparison threads will come up.

Off-topic, its good to know the V model of Brio costs 5.4L now, we got the S model in BLR in Sep 2013 for 5.3L
Old 11th January 2016, 16:42   #87
Senior - BHPian

Nice review! It answered all the questions I had about the Zica ever since I started following the launch of the "Kite".

I test drove the Zest, and the quantum leap that Tata has made in interior quality is astounding. Looks like the Zica also follows in its footsteps.

The only question now left is one of price. And positioning. Currently ...
- Indica BS4 diesel is priced at 4.7 (LS) to 5.14 (LX)
- Bolt Diesel is priced between 5.59 (XE) to 7.13 (XT)
(all prices in lakhs ex-showroom Bangalore, taken from Tata website)

Where would the Zica fit in?

Does Tata hope to replace the Indica with the Zica? And leave the Bolt as the premium-ish hatch offering? Won't really work, because the Bolt is as far from premium as possible.

In the end, confused marketing could spell doom for this otherwise worthy car.
Old 11th January 2016, 16:46   #88
BHPian

Dear S2!!! & Vid6639 , Absolutely a well 5 stars deserved in depth review of TATA Zica.

Also 5 Stars for TATAs for this fresh product.

After Zest, this looks like another masterpiece from TATA. Its actually a good sign that they are getting out of their comfort zones of Indica's and Indigo's and launching world class products which are essential for them in long term run. Loved the fresh designs of front and back.

Pardon my ignorance but is this body colored Vents concept is new or already implemented by any Indian Car maker ?
Old 11th January 2016, 16:57   #89
BHPian

Excellent review. Voted 5 stars. Liked the way build-quality is being assessed.
It looks like a no-nonsense car. However in the small car segment Hyundai and Maruti are still miles ahead in terms of product refinement. I hope Tata gets it right this time. The car looks decent but there are no USPs.
PS: Zica is a strange name but i would prefer it over Kite anyday.
Old 11th January 2016, 16:57   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
I think it is unfair to compare Zica with Grand i10. When Bolt Petrol and Diesel are priced less than Grand i10 and one can be fairly certain that Zica will be priced less than Bolt, there is no reason to not believe Zica will be priced on par with Celerio, if not less.

I am really curious if the Zica petrol performance is bad compared to Celerio or Grand i10? It would be unfair to benchmark against Grand i10, where Bolt is taking on competition.
Actually Tata themselves are benchmarking the Zica against the Grand i10. Their are targeting the Grand i10 and the Celerio.

The Bolt hasn't been selling. With the Zica, the Bolt will find it even harder and may get phased out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks