Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2016, 22:55   #61
BHPian

Design is very loud either you love it or hate it.
Booked K4+ orange colour for wifey as she finds it very attractive :-)

Will be getting delivery this weekend.
speedemon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 23:17   #62
BHPian

Re: Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review

Saw a silver one on the road today. The Front is good. The sides are ok and the back is awe full. The bootlid and the back bumper just do not gel well and you can see them as two separate portions in the design - the bootlid of a small hatch and the bumper of an SUV. I am sure there is plenty of space in the car and that is what Mahindra is trying to sell in this car. But so many other sane looking cars too has decent space if not as much. What is the USP here?

How much this sells is yet to be seen. I see 2k max after some time. The design is too quirky just like the Verito Vibe. Vibe was another species altogether and I find this a little sober, but still.
Old 18th March 2016, 08:24   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Saw a silver one on the road today. The Front is good. The sides are ok and the back is awe full. The bootlid and the back bumper just do not gel well and you can see them as two separate portions in the design - the bootlid of a small hatch and the bumper of an SUV. I am sure there is plenty of space in the car and that is what Mahindra is trying to sell in this car. But so many other sane looking cars too has decent space if not as much. What is the USP here?

How much this sells is yet to be seen. I see 2k max after some time. The design is too quirky just like the Verito Vibe. Vibe was another species altogether and I find this a little sober, but still.
I think the primary factors that will pull a buyer towards KUV100 will be as below
1. Space.
2. Driving position high and feel commanding.
3. Road presence.
4. Rides well in crappy roads.
5. low end torque for city driving

Add to this the decent engine and segment matching interiors.
Old 18th March 2016, 09:38   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Is there likely to be a KUV100 with an AMT Transmission sometime?
If they provide say, a K10 Version with 6 Airbags, ABS, EBD, TCS and hopefully AMT and AWD, then this can just become a real world beater!
Perhaps a 100BHP engine, would be a nice thing as well.
60:40 split rear seating with rollover capability as well as "complete removal" capability, will make it a perfect little 2 person vehicle with plenty of load carrying capacity.
Such an Avatar may well become a best seller for those seeking utility, comfort and functionality as well as compactness and ease of drivability in city and on the trails...
If wishes were horses!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 15:29   #65
BHPian

I had the chance to see one for real in my office parking lot and I ran for cover. My god! that thing looks ugly. Probably the ugliest car I have ever seen till date. I didn't find a single thing to like about it and it was a case of "hate at first sight" Now that is my opinion and I completely respect the opinion of others here who like the KUV100.

But let me explain what I observed though. There was a Suzuki Swift parked right next to it. And since our parking lot doubles as a smoking zone too, whoever came to smoke had one question in 5 different languages I could understand. The questions were in Malayalam - that was from me, then in Tamil, Kannada, Hindi and of course English. And the million dollar question was "Why would you ditch the Swift, for this???" Why oh Why??

Mahindra, you've proved you can make hatchbacks finally. Now get back to work and make a decent one. Given a chance I will gladly buy a Bajaj or a TVS auto rickshaw, coz its got more headroom, more legroom for the driver and the passengers and I think I can afford to live without the A/c.
ron_9191 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 16:16   #66
BHPian

There is a game that i play called 'World of Tanks'. One of the tanks in the game is called a Mutant tank because it looks weird with a big turret on a smaller hull. And that is the first thing i could think of when i saw a KUV in person. Bloody hell, how did that thing get approved after looking at it from the side. No offence to anyone who is looking forward to buy that thing, but, its just an abomination as far as I am concerned. Too long of a nose for the body size and the wheels dont help it either. If people are queuing up to spend 6-8 lakhs on it, i am just a worried man.
vamsi2390 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 18:10   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
There is a game that i play called 'World of Tanks'. One of the tanks in the game is called a Mutant tank because it looks weird with a big turret on a smaller hull. And that is the first thing i could think of when i saw a KUV in person. Bloody hell, how did that thing get approved after looking at it from the side. No offence to anyone who is looking forward to buy that thing, but, its just an abomination as far as I am concerned. Too long of a nose for the body size and the wheels dont help it either. If people are queuing up to spend 6-8 lakhs on it, i am just a worried man.
I am driving one for last one month in Chennai and I absolutely love the drive and comfort. Also the high seating gives a commanding view of the road and makes driving in traffic peaceful.

I for one loved the looks of the car and saw lots of qwirky comments on the car. But in general the car has got a good feedback and atleast once in 3 days I will be stopped in road or queried in signals. Wherever I park this car it grabs attention. Couple of times when I parked i saw folks clicking pictures as well.Seeing this kind of response in a Metro city I feel this car's design is definitely liked by masses and hence I would say there is nothing to worry

Last edited by msk_kapoor : 29th March 2016 at 18:15.
msk_kapoor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 19:57   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
I am driving one for last one month in Chennai and I absolutely love the drive and comfort. Also the high seating gives a commanding view of the road and makes driving in traffic peaceful.

I for one loved the looks of the car and saw lots of qwirky comments on the car. But in general the car has got a good feedback and atleast once in 3 days I will be stopped in road or queried in signals. Wherever I park this car it grabs attention. Couple of times when I parked i saw folks clicking pictures as well.Seeing this kind of response in a Metro city I feel this car's design is definitely liked by masses and hence I would say there is nothing to worry
Firstly, respect for the mellow and humble response. It's very easy to take things personally even if they aren't. ☺

Like they say, to each his own.
And yeah the masses sure do seem to like it which shows in the monthly sales reports.

Not that my choice should matter to everyone, but, I for one will never be able to get over its design. Mahindra should really stop with their over kill.
They did with the Scorpio facelift's tailgate as well.
vamsi2390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 15:45   #69

I don't know why are the basics always missing?Doesn't M&M realize that spending a bomb developing a hatch SUV with a flawed design will not always result in a Bolero/Scorpio or XUV 500.
a)Proportion of Rims to the Body-This basic ratio makes the cars of many Indian manufacturers seem third world!
b)Proportion of Body weight to Engine-Punchy acceleration always beats overweight lumbering vehicles.
c)Gear Ratios-Don't get me started!
d)Dead Pedal Location-How can one screw this up?

Mecha
Old 14th April 2016, 15:02   #70
BHPian

A week back a close friend purchased a top end KUV100 diesel. I don't really know how could a pseudo compact "SUV" like the KUV100 impress a man who was used to Figos and Polos. Top end version of the KUV100 diesel costs nearly Rs.8.5 Lakh, which is definitely not cheap. For this price Mahindra could have easily given a car with much better quality. Remember, Tata's Zest, Bolt, Ford's Figo, etc. all fall in this bracket and have much better quality, especially that of the plastics used. My friend's car's chrome garnish surrounding the driving lamp on the right just fell off today morning when he was cleaning his KUV. The driving lamp cutout was not even properly finished. This cannot and must not be accepted.
KUV is a classic case of all show and very little GO.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-20160414_101447.jpg  

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-20160414_101505.jpg  

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-20160414_101512.jpg  

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-20160414_101534.jpg  

AmarPaithankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 13:37   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
My friend's car's chrome garnish surrounding the driving lamp on the right just fell off today morning when he was cleaning his KUV. The driving lamp cutout was not even properly finished. This cannot and must not be accepted.
KUV is a classic case of all show and very little GO.
Actually this chrome is attached via the basic 3m sticker and its falls of if poorly attached. Still not at all acceptable. I have put chrome in front and back and side they haven't gone till now. hope it sticks for atleast an year.

But I have a serious concern regarding the petrol's mileage. I have driven around 1800 kms in my petrol K4+ and tested 3 times tank full to tank full method everytime running minimum 250kms and it returned a pathetic 9.5 - 10.00 KMPL. I went to service center and they don't have a clue and asked to wait till first service is over. They mentioned their demo cars are giving 13-14KMPL. Their driver did a mileage test in my car and he also got only 10KMPL. My question to senior folks here.
1. Is this going to improve after first service.
2. Or should I do some thing else to check this.
Old 19th April 2016, 09:46   #72
BHPian

There is no 3m sticker or adhesive tape. Instead there are 6 notches (2 on each side) which when pressed have to interlock with the bumper innards. Here also if slightly more than required pressure is applied and cavities profile too is a gross mismatch, the notches break. Our car's 2 notches have already cracked.

Another update: the KUV100 moniker on the dashboard has fallen off, either at dealer end or during whatever limited use.
Old 20th April 2016, 14:59   #73
BHPian

Why do Folks at Mahindra R&D run out of ideas while designing the derriere almost everytime? And this time they have started showing the drought of ideas right from A-pillar! First an overdose of everything at front, and followed by disastrous designs everywhere else.

To complement the miserable work, they have added the real "Nageena" (Jewel) in the form of pull type Handbrakes and those front seats. The vehicle may sale well, or might be a good machine, but no doubt it could have designed to look better!
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:12   #74
BHPian

The KUV100 has created an unique space for itself in the extremely crowded B1 and B2 segment. To me, Mahindra's strategy is similar to Renault's KWID.I agree that this KUV has its own shortcomings(braking, handling as meant in the review) but I believe that the buyers aren't worried much about it(5k sales in March proves it).

KUV has very good road presence. It Tall, Bold and Wide. Stands out from the hatchback crowd. The styling is subjective but Mahindra must have known the market pulse(pro SUV Nation) and hence designed/presented KUV to us. But, this time they have missed the bulls-eye by 30% but not a Bad attempt. By now they would have received lot of feedback from the market and I am sure - a Version 2.0 of this KUV will be far better(more aggressive grill, toned down side profile,much improved tailgate/rear end, with good braking and handling).

Would like to see their upgraded version soon so that it gives a tough fight to the fellow manufacturers and a quality product to the consumers.

Good job Mahindra - A good start for a better future for this Mini/micro SUV segment. All the best.
Old 4th May 2016, 09:45   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
:
Couple of days back on my way from Mysore to Bangalore, I had an opportunity to tile gate and also lead a KUV100. Let me put it in simple. It was 6:00 pm and it was getting darker, this black KUV100 with DRL comes from behind. At first glance I though it to be XUV! After a sedate drive (80~90kmh) of few kilometres, it overtakes me, and I notice it to be KUV100. It definitely was the one that would stand out of the crowd, making its presence felt boldly. At one point my XUV and KUV drove next to each other for a good 2~3 km! A Mahindra movement! The design language of KUV is not for everyone’s taste, it grows on you same as XUV

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks