Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2016, 22:49   #91
BHPian

Re: Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review

Been following the KUV ever since its launch. Managed to convince one of my subordinate to purchase the KUV from his original choice of Wagon R. Ever since his garage boasts of a grey KUV K8 petrol. On road cost is roughly 7.57L (Mangalore).
I have the pleasure of daily test-driving the car. Following are my views on this little "masterpiece" from M&M.
Pros :
1. Driving comfort : The model has front bench seat, so its really soothing to drive with the middle portion of front seat scooped down, which serves as excellent hand-rest. The small and light steering coupled with the dashboard gear is a different and comfortable driving position.
2. Lots of space : Even though the cabin looks crushed from front and back, there's plenty of space for 5 adults, (even 6 illegally). The back of the front seats have been scooped for optimum leg space.
3. Suspension is great as driving through bad pothole roads above 50km is a breeze
4 .Powerful AC cools the cabin in minutes.
5. Dashboard has a premium feel.

Cons :
1. The looks obviously.
2. Pickup feels a bit strained if compared to swift, old i20 etc.. Haven't tested top speed as waiting for first service.
3. Boot space is below average in the segment.
4. Rear windscreen is too small for visibility.
5. Mahindra's hit or miss service in Mangalore (opinion few TUV owners)
6. Mileage : at present 15-16 kmpl driving with full AC.. promised 18-19 by showroom .

Overall a VFM car..
Old 4th July 2016, 00:24   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Cons :
6. Mileage : at present 15-16 kmpl driving with full AC.. promised 18-19 by showroom .
Why is this point mentioned in cons list? IMO this a good FE figure for a petrol car driven inside the city with A/C.
Don't go by what showroom guys commit when it comes to things like FE, do a reality check
Old 4th July 2016, 01:53   #93
BHPian

Quote:
)
Wow thats a good mileage for a petrol version in KUV. I am getting only around 8.5 to 10.5 mostly. The showroom guys told their demo cars give around 13 kmpl. Also i see lots of users complaining about very bad mileage in some autoportals. Considering all these i can say that this is an excellant mileage figures.
Old 4th July 2016, 08:47   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
Wow thats a good mileage for a petrol version in KUV. I am getting only around 8.5 to 10.5 mostly. The showroom guys told their demo cars give around 13 kmpl. Also i see lots of users complaining about very bad mileage in some autoportals. Considering all these i can say that this is an excellant mileage figures.
The driving style mentioned above is very sedate in excellent roads and speed maintained is always 60-70 range so 15kmpl is achievable.
Anyways hopefully your mileage would improve after service.
Old 4th July 2016, 09:13   #95
BHPian

Quote:
The driving style mentioned above is very sedate in excellent roads and speed maintained is always 60-70 range so 15kmpl is achievable.
Anyways hopefully your mileage would improve after service.
Mmm.. I normally drive in 70 to 90 range and sometimes in 100. My travel is mixed with city and outer in equal parts. I already completed my first service and not much improvement in the mileage part.
Old 13th July 2016, 19:03   #96
BHPian

Have taken delivery of my KUV 100 K8 Petrol about a week back.

I am getting a pathetic FE of 6-7 kmpl. Have checked it twice with tankful method. Can the other KUV 100 Petrol owners please share their experience on FE of their respective cars ?

Is this FE the norm with this car in the run-in period or there is something wrong with mine ? Advice/suggestions welcome.
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 16:36   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Is this FE the norm with this car in the run-in period or there is something wrong with mine ? Advice/suggestions welcome.
Hi i believe most of petrol variants are suffering from low mileage. Mine was always struggling at around 8 nowadays. Nothing is going to change after first service. Still the mileage remains the same.

I would suggest the prospective buyers to check the mileage factor from existing owners before committing the purchase
Old 17th July 2016, 18:18   #98
BHPian

8-10kmpl is what I'm getting and have done 9700kms so far. Not much you can do about it I guess. Pls also refer to the list of problems I'm facing in one of my earlier posts. Looks like I am the only one who's done so much mileage.
Old 18th July 2016, 14:21   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
Hi i believe most of petrol variants are suffering from low mileage. Mine was always struggling at around 8 nowadays. Nothing is going to change after first service. Still the mileage remains the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
8-10kmpl is what I'm getting and have done 9700kms so far. Not much you can do about it I guess.
This is fraud of the highest order by Mahindra. They are trumpeting the launch of their new vehicle with ARAI mileage figures of over 18 kmpl. Dealer claimed that you will get about 12-15 kmpl "definitely" in the city. And we end up getting a mileage of hardly 6-7 kmpl!

For someone whose daily running is more, cost of ownership of this car will be quite high. What recourse do we have, as consumers ? Can we return the car back to the dealer and claim refund?
Old 18th July 2016, 14:46   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
This is fraud of the highest order by Mahindra. They are trumpeting the launch of their new vehicle with ARAI mileage figures of over 18 kmpl. Dealer claimed that you will get about 12-15 kmpl "definitely" in the city. And we end up getting a mileage of hardly 6-7 kmpl!
Mahindra folks would have pushed the car manually for 6 or more kms to get 18kmpl. I raised the issue multiple times with Mahindra and the way they react clearly shows that this is known to them and that they cant do anything about it. Actually if someone file a class action suit, I think there is a good chance for winning here.
Old 18th July 2016, 18:39   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

To all KUV petrol owners,

My colleague is looking to upgrade from his Nano. He and his family are very much impressed by the mini SUV look and the tall seating. Since his running is low, he wants to buy the petrol top-end version only. I read a few posts where others have shared their FE of <10 kmpl. That IMO is not acceptable. Also getting 16 on good highway roads at 60-70 kmph is not good and not replicable in every city.
Is anyone facing any other issue with the vehicle? Has the FE improved after clocking a couple of 1000 kms?

His other choice is Ecosport (I asked him to TD it and he loved it). His only concern is should he pay the premium (1-2 lakhs) over the KUV or just settle with the KUV. He intends to keep the vehicle for 5-6 years.
Old 18th July 2016, 20:40   #102
BHPian

I think he should go in for the Ecosport. I own a KUV petrol and have done close to 10000kms. Still getting the same old 9-10kmpl. That said, it is a comfortable car with a good, high seating position. You should go in for the 6 seated as the middle seat is a very good armrest. Small gremlins do exist. Things like when I fill the tank the engine sputters intermittently and goes off at idle for the first 10-15kms. After that its OK. The music system is not the easiest to operate around. The door switches and the roof lamp switches are of poor quality and you need to adjust them to get them to work. Oh, and its creaking and rattling here and there.
studedude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 18:38   #103
BHPian

Oh and I forgot to mention......the opening if the fuel filler lid and the bonnet takes awhile since the lever/cable/release is not properly aligned I feel.
Old 20th July 2016, 17:53   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Oh and I forgot to mention......the opening if the fuel filler lid and the bonnet takes awhile since the lever/cable/release is not properly aligned I feel.
I didnt face these issues. But my boot opening stopped working and they changed the actuator and it was fine after that.
Old 21st July 2016, 17:04   #105
BHPian

Quote:
My very first stop at a fuel station with the brand new KUV was embarrassing, the fuel filler cap refused to open when the lever was pulled. We had to pop it open with a 2 rupee coin.

I later found out the the spring was not holding tension and it would not push the cap out when the lever was pulled. Since the spares were not readily available, i had to wait for over a month after first service for the dealer to source it. The spring was replaced last week and everything seems to be fine now.

Boot and Fuel levers were flimsy on mine as well, they were taken care during the first service. They work fine now.

Below is the Image of the spring that was replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-img_20160721_162013.jpg  

vasanthsm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks