Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2016, 09:26   #121
BHPian

Finally seems Mahindra is acknowledging low mileage issue in KUV100 petrol vehicles. I am now in zuleikha chennai for a software update to fix low mileage issue. It seems mahindra is recalling all petrol ones for this update silently. Hoping the update doesnt screw the power too much to get mileage figures.
Old 7th October 2016, 12:23   #122
BHPian

Re: Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review

I am at MASS for my Xylo's 3rd service at 20k kms. I asked the mech working on KUV about the low FE issue of diesel KUV and he said that apparently the problem is due to faulty fuel gauge which used to indicate low fuel even when there was sufficient fuel in the tank. It is been replaced in all KUVs now. On asking about the low FE issue of the petrol variant he said there is no such problem and that no customer has reported that here till now.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-picsart_100712.15.11.jpg  

wrongturn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 08:13   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
I am at MASS for my Xylo's 3rd service at 20k kms. I asked the mech working on KUV about the low FE issue of diesel KUV and he said that apparently the problem is due to faulty fuel gauge which used to indicate low fuel even when there was sufficient fuel in the tank. It is been replaced in all KUVs now. On asking about the low FE issue of the petrol variant he said there is no such problem and that no customer has reported that here till now.
In chennai they did a recall for all petrol owners and did a software upgrade. I have driven nearly 800 kms after this and see good increase in mileage. It has gone up from 9 to 11 in the same route i drive everyday. Easily a 20% increase in mileage. I am now a happy owner

Also i was informed that the change was done mostly to the AC usage while idling and very minimal changes to air fuel ratio. I see a difference in cooling, but it still serves the purpose good in chennai heat. In the power part i really dont see any changes atleast in my driving style.

Last edited by msk_kapoor : 24th October 2016 at 08:22.
msk_kapoor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 17:22   #124
BHPian

Since second service was due for my KUV, i had a word with my service advisor at IG Bangalore on any ongoing issues for KUV100.
As per him, there are replacing a O ring somewhere in the fuel system for petrol vehicles along with a software upgrade.

As far as KUV Diesel is concerned, only a software upgrade will be performed.
vasanthsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 19:45   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
In chennai they did a recall for all petrol owners and did a software upgrade. I have driven nearly 800 kms after this and see good increase in mileage. It has gone up from 9 to 11 in the same route i drive everyday. Easily a 20% increase in mileage. I am now a happy owner

Also i was informed that the change was done mostly to the AC usage while idling and very minimal changes to air fuel ratio. I see a difference in cooling, but it still serves the purpose good in chennai heat. In the power part i really dont see any changes atleast in my driving style.
Ok i had done a 1600kms trip last week with my Kuv (had to take Kuv as my linea was stuck in service center for an electrical problem) and came back so satisfied. I was so skeptical when I decided to take it for such long run. But to my utter surprise the car was able to cruise stable at 100+ speeds without any nervous feeling inside. I was able to cover the distance in nearly same time as my linea. I drive fast and not rash. My respect for this car has grown a lot now. With fully loaded and going at 100+ i was getting 14 kmpl in petrol.

The only major problem was the noise penetrating the cabin. It was very noisy once it crossed 90. Should look for sound dampening option.
Old 17th January 2017, 18:25   #126
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Mahindra KUV100 - minor update coming soon

As per media reports, Mahindra is working on an update for the KUV100. This update will include some minor tweaks to improve the car's efficiency and refinement. It is expected to get a few cosmetic additions as well.

As per official records, around 60 percent of KUV's sales come from the petrol variant, which is powered by a 1.2-litre, three-cylinder engine. It has a company claimed fuel economy figure of 18.23 km/l, which is lower than most other cars in its price range. Moreover, in practical conditions, the KUV's fuel efficiency drops by a huge margin, especially with the air conditioning on. This has been a major factor in limiting customer interest in the car.

As a result, Mahindra is reportedly working on a reengineered version of the KUV's air conditioning system. The company will also tweak the ECU as well as the throttle map to improve the petrol engine's efficiency. Additionally, the engineers are also planning to change the engine mounts to improve the three-pot motor's refinement.

The updated KUV100 is likely to get some cosmetic changes as well, including larger, 15-inch alloy wheels and an optional dual-tone colour scheme. This will help it to compete against its newly launched rival - the Maruti Suzuki Ignis.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 17th January 2017 at 18:28.
dZired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 21:08   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
[b]Rumour: Mahindra KUV100 - minor update coming soon
Facing the heat of Maruti Suzuki's Ignis KUV100 is now being offered with personalisation options with a choice of 4 accessory Kits:

◾Sporty Exterior Kit
◾Sporty Interior Kit
◾Premium Exterior Kit
◾Premium Interior Kit

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100featuressportykit600x527.jpg
Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100features15inchalloywheels573x600.jpg
Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100featuresblackinteriors591x600.jpg
Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100featuresblackroof600x518.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 01:00   #128
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Man, those accessories make the car look uglier than it actually is. I doubt if it will do anything to boost the sales of the car.

I have seen a few KUV's with full body kits and they look horrible. Those body kits go decently well with the TUV though.
Old 18th January 2017, 08:35   #129
Senior - BHPian

Ignis is quirky, not ugly because the proportions are mostly right. The KUV100 is ghastly. The only thing worse than the styling is perhaps the name and tagline of the car. Just horrendous.
extreme_torque is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 11:32   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Updated Mahindra KUV100 showcased at the 2017 Autocar Performance Show.

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100anniversaryeditiondualtone.jpg

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100anniversaryeditiondualtonefrontthreequarter.jpg

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100anniversaryeditiondualtoneside.jpg

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100anniversaryeditiondualtonerearthreequarter.jpg

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100anniversaryeditiondualtonerear.jpg

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100anniversaryeditiondualtonerearthreequarters.jpg

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100anniversaryeditiondualtonewheel.jpg

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100anniversaryeditiondualtonedashboard.jpg

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-2017mahindrakuv100anniversaryeditiondualtonefrontinterior.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 17:42   #131
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra KUV100 Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 6.37 lakh

Mahindra has launched the KUV100 Anniversary Edition to commemorate the completion of one year of sales. The special edition is available in the top-end K8 variant, with both petrol and diesel engine options. It is priced at Rs. 6.37 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) which is Rs. 13,000 more than the current model.

The most prominent design characteristic of the KUV100 Anniversary Edition is its dual tone exterior colour. It is available in two colour options: Flamboyant Red and Dazzling Silver, with both of them getting a Metallic Black roof. Other changes include larger 15-inch alloy wheels and blacked out ORVMs. Meanwhile, Mahindra will now also be offering 14-inch alloys with the K6 and K6+ variants.

On the inside, the KUV100 Anniversary Edition gets all black interiors. The upholstery design has also been updated. No feature related changes have been made inside the cabin.

Mahindra is also offering 4 accessory kits with the KUV100 Anniversary Edition - sporty exterior, sporty interior, premium exterior and premium interior kits. Each kit comes with a set of accessories that can be used to customise the car's exteriors as well as interiors.

The KUV100 was launched in India in January 2016. Mahindra claims to have sold over 42,000 units till date. Though the KUV was the sole contender in the hatchback crossover segment till a while back, it is now up against the recently launched Maruti Suzuki Ignis.

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-unnamed-3.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 20:09   #132
BHPian

The early adapters of KUV have been crying hoarse on the mileage issues but there has been no redressal from Mahindra.

I'd say, for its own good, Mahindra should recall & fix KUV sold till date instead of launching some fancy dual-tones.

If the market loses trust, it's pretty hard to recover. Ask the Tata's.
anurag.somani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 20:21   #133
Senior - BHPian

M&M is trying to copy MSIL in bringing special / limited edition cars. It seems that M&M has clean forgot who are they competing with.
The car was not a looker and this kit (which is done without proper thought) cannot make KUV a competition to Ignis.
- There are niggles in the product which needs attention from the company, keeping silence is not going to take them anywhere
- A three pot motor poorly done (compared to 3 pot of Hyundai) vibrates. The car is not smooth either; I took a drive and could not appreciate what has been produced by M&M after making XUV.
This is clearly a sub-par product and unless the company takes it to the drawing board again, there is no future for KUV.
Competition from MSIL will be strong and even competent manufactures are facing heat leave aside M&M
Old 4th May 2017, 22:47   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Unable to sustain the sales of KUV100 in India, Mahindra's KUV1OO to go on sale in Europe.

Mahindra KUV100 : Official Review-333.jpg

Will be displayed at the Barcelona Motor Show (11-21 May) . Will compete with Kia Picanto, Opel Karl and Suzuki Ignis!

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 13:58   #135
BHPian

As per the latest scoop from ACI, the KUV100 face-lift is expected in the later part of the year and this time Mahindra will be going for a cleaner and proportionate design to appeal a wider audience.

Quote:
Mahindra will focus on improving the styling for the KUV100 with the facelift. In its current form, the odd proportions of the KUV100 haven't gone down well with buyers. The exaggerated styling, littered with undue cuts and creases, has for long been a bit of a sticky wicket, and the facelift is all set to get a cleaner design and a redone tailgate.
Source: ACI

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks