Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2018, 21:21   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1234 View Post
Skoda recommends 36 psi for light to medium carriage, and 40 psi in case of full load of passengers and cargo. 36 psi was too much for me, and it wasn’t a comfortable ride, so I maintain 34 psi all tires. Someone I know suggested I maintain 33 psi.
Interesting, do you have a diesel superb ? My Superb 1.8TSI MT has the following official recommendation:
* Upto 3 passengers and light luggage : 33psi front and rear
* 5 passengers and full luggage :38 psi front and 44 psi rear.

Since I have hardly driven with 5 passengers or heavy luggage, I have been using 33psi around regularly.
lancer_rit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 22:14   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
I welcome this initiative on a personal level. When a friend was out looking for a sedan, I suggested the Octavia (vRS, in fact) but she fell in love with the Superb and picked up the L&K variant. It's a beautiful car, well worth the money. And for her sake and mine, I really hope Skoda ups their ante and ensures a trouble-free experience to customers.

Each time I hear about some issues on Skoda, my BP does get bumped a little higher.
Cross-posting from another thread. My friend's journey with the Superb was short-lived. The car was totalled in a horrible accident with an XUV500 which rammed into them at high speed. The driver of the XUV was completely drunk. The Superb was being driven by her cousin.

I'm glad that my friend and family (5 of them) made it out alive and with just minor bruises. The build and safety features obviously saved them all. Shook me up when I came to know of it. Since she already has other cars, she's not going for a replacement immediately. I didn't push her for more info, I'm just thankful she's fine.

Last edited by discoverwild : 14th October 2018 at 22:17.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 19:01   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Interesting, do you have a diesel superb ? My Superb 1.8TSI MT has the following official recommendation:
* Upto 3 passengers and light luggage : 33psi front and rear
* 5 passengers and full luggage :38 psi front and 44 psi rear.

Since I have hardly driven with 5 passengers or heavy luggage, I have been using 33psi around regularly.
Yes, I drive the diesel L&K. Actually, it’s 36 psi all tires with light to medium luggage and upto 3 passengers, and 41/45 psi for 5 persons and heavy luggage, but the Skoda dealer told me that 40 psi all around should work, if at all needed.
Old 16th October 2018, 19:30   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I drive the diesel L&K. Actually, it’s 36 psi all tires with light to medium luggage and upto 3 passengers, and 41/45 psi for 5 persons and heavy luggage, but the Skoda dealer told me that 40 psi all around should work, if at all needed.
Ok, so the heavier diesel has higher tyre pressure recommendation than the petrol. Good to know.
Old 26th October 2018, 20:36   #290
BHPian

Posted this on the Octavia thread too, any signs of the virtual cockpit on the Superb?
Old 29th October 2018, 23:10   #291
BHPian

Quick question, I was assured an October car but when I got the vin today, it says July 2018. I’m being told that the billing is October but the superb takes a few months to assemble hence the July chassis vin. Fishy?
Old 30th October 2018, 06:34   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Quick question, I was assured an October car but when I got the vin today, it says July 2018. I’m being told that the billing is October but the superb takes a few months to assemble hence the July chassis vin. Fishy?
As far as I know, that is normal for the SKD/CKD kits from which the Octavia upwards models are assembled in Aurangabad. My fresh MY16 Octavia was 'manufactured' in August 2015 which I ultimately bought in January 2016. The service indicator was set to October which I I think means the assembly was completed in October.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 10:45   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Last year, I placed the order for my Superb towards the fag end of September, and took delivery during the 3rd week of October. My car’s VIN indicated an August 2018 manufacture, which was good enough for me. What was pleasantly surprising, though, was that I received a MY18 model, which featured the upgraded and larger infotainment system and redesigned L&K badging beneath the ORVMs. Interestingly, even the dealer personnel weren’t aware of these changes, and apparently I was the first one to receive this MY18 kit (at least according to them), indicating that no one really knows what new goodies are added to your car, depending on the MY. There were no changes to the mechanics of the car whatsoever.

I say you should ask your dealer to ensure that you get a MY19 car - I don’t know if the VIN number alone is sufficient to help you confirm that, but I’d hazard a guess that the Skoda Dealer will be able to confirm it, if they are made to, prior to delivery. Who knows, the difference of one manufacturing month could decide whether you get the latest features or not, including the digital instrument cluster, if at all.
gk1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 10:51   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Last year, I placed the order for my Superb towards the fag end of September, and took delivery during the 3rd week of October. My car’s VIN indicated an August 2018 manufacture, which was good enough for me. What was pleasantly surprising, though, was that I received a MY18 model, which featured the upgraded and larger infotainment system and redesigned L&K badging beneath the ORVMs. Interestingly, even the dealer personnel weren’t aware of these changes, and apparently I was the first one to receive this MY18 kit (at least according to them), indicating that no one really knows what new goodies are added to your car, depending on the MY. There were no changes to the mechanics of the car whatsoever.

I say you should ask your dealer to ensure that you get a MY19 car - I don’t know if the VIN number alone is sufficient to help you confirm that, but I’d hazard a guess that the Skoda Dealer will be able to confirm it, if they are made to, prior to delivery. Who knows, the difference of one manufacturing month could decide whether you get the latest features or not, including the digital instrument cluster, if at all.
Thanks for the information. How do I check or confirm if a car is my18 or 19?
Old 30th October 2018, 11:27   #295
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer can do that for you. I asked my dealer personnel to send me the VIN details of my car, and they sent me this:

Skoda Superb : Official Review-05045c75afd246afa4db0015c4f32ea8.jpeg

Last edited by gk1234 : 30th October 2018 at 11:33.
gk1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 11:48   #296
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer can do that for you. I asked my dealer personnel to send me the VIN details of my car, and they sent me this:

Attachment 1813190
Thanks, that makes it quite clear actually. Appreciate it.

From what I've been told, it is an MY18 car. What has also been communicated is that as of now, the MY19 car (which could take 1week to 2 months) has new pedals and the boot torch, a la Kodiaq + anti theft alarm. Seems JMD in Mumbai has the MY19 in stock

Last edited by Zahir : 30th October 2018 at 12:11.
Zahir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 12:15   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, that makes it quite clear actually. Appreciate it.

From what I've been told, it is an MY18 car. What has also been communicated is that as of now, the MY19 car (which could take 2 months) has new pedals and the boot torch, a la Kodiaq
Ah, so the digital instrument cluster isn’t gonna make it this year to the Superb? Disappointing, since one would expect Skoda to justify its current premium over the better equipped Passat with at least one feature to set it apart. Lost opportunity, I suppose. Personally, though, I am happy, for I’d be very jealous of someone owning the same car as I do getting a better feature list than I did.

If the idea is to replace the suspended type of pedals with the organ type, then that’s a significant change, although I must note that the current setup is perfectly serviceable, and I’m happy with it.

The boot torch is a night touch, and I’m also not ruling out the introduction of one or two other features seen on the Kodiaq, including the sleep package. Coming to think of it, it would cost Skoda virtually nothing to add a couple of blankets and a headrest with side fins for support. Let’s see where this goes.

Edit: just saw the bit about the anti theft alarm. Doesn’t the Superb already have the anti-theft alarm feature? If not, then what is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The button to deactivate the interior motion detectors and towing protection (located on the B-pillar beside the driver's seat). The interior monitor detects movements inside the locked vehicle and triggers the alarm, while the anti-towing protection detects tilt in the locked vehicle and triggers the alarm. On a related note, Skoda claims that the anti-theft system has a backup power source (we're guessing a small battery):

Last edited by gk1234 : 30th October 2018 at 12:33.
Old 30th October 2018, 16:28   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Ah, so the digital instrument cluster isn’t gonna make it this year to the Superb? Disappointing, since one would expect Skoda to justify its current premium over the better equipped Passat with at least one feature to set it apart. Lost opportunity, I suppose. Personally, though, I am happy, for I’d be very jealous of someone owning the same car as I do getting a better feature list than I did.
Yep, looks like, at least as of now, theres no virtual cockpit on the current MY19s but I'm sure it will be released shortly, given that it has made its way to the Octavia. The virtual cockpit is indeed a very cool feature

Quote:
Edit: just saw the bit about the anti theft alarm. Doesn’t the Superb already have the anti-theft alarm feature? If not, then what is this?
Not certain on this one but to quote the dealer 'an alarm goes off when you're getting towed'. Lovely!
Old 14th November 2018, 21:17   #299
A C

Quote:
Some of the added features MY18 car comes with are - a larger infotainment screen along with touch sensitive buttons on the sides, chrome garnishes at the bottom of all the doors, and the new L&K logos.
Old 23rd November 2018, 08:38   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A C View Post
Some of the added features MY18 car comes with are - a larger infotainment screen along with touch sensitive buttons on the sides, chrome garnishes at the bottom of all the doors, and the new L&K logos.
Thanks but that’s the current/last year end feature set. I’m more inquisitive about the MY19. Can’t confirm anything as the car is yet to be delivered

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks